Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

i just had bleeding again this morning. Went to pee and the whole toilet bowl is red!! omg! never happen before. faster went to see Dr Tan urgently. Luckily he is in clinic n allow me to see him. is really traumatic
Lizzietsum, aiyo see red again. I think you need to bed rest more and extend mc. It helps a lot to minimize walking.

Lizzietsum, aiyo see red again. I think you need to bed rest more and extend mc. It helps a lot to minimize walking.
thank snoopy. yalor. dr give me hl till fri. but the funny thing is when he do the spectrum test. he said no bleeding. how can bleeding stop so sudden n abrupt one.

thank snoopy. yalor. dr give me hl till fri. but the funny thing is when he do the spectrum test. he said no bleeding. how can bleeding stop so sudden n abrupt one.
If still feel you need more rest, see can extend or not. I actually rested the whole 1st trimester.

Yay my gyne also mention that harmony is not accurate for twins so I went for oscars instead. Apparently, harmony is just blood drawn which contains 3 DNA types including yours so it's like you won't be able to determine exactly who's whos. So it's definitely more accurate for singletons. Something along that line. My friend has twins through IUI also didn't take harmony. But she went to Prof Ananda at Camden for those very detailed scan instead.
I did oscars too only. My doc also explained something similar to your gynae. If Indeed there is issue, not easy to narrow down and what do we do next, especially tricky in twin pregnancy. We just pray for healthy bbs. Gender really secondary.

False 'positive'. Happened to my bil's colleague. His wife got a high percentage and they were panicking (I can't remember what exactly). They went back to the hospital and he forced them to redo and the result was different. My sis also got quite a high percentage when she did and she was so worried but my niece turned out fine. So when I was trying to decided between Oscar and Harmony, my sis told me this and told me to take Harmony.
Maybe they take into consideration the maternal age - be be disadvantageous for older ladies

I actually also stored my girl's cord blood with Cordlife. From what i know, it really depends on the diagnosis (whether genetic anot) on whether cord blood can use for her or need a sibling's one. Which is why I'm planning to store for my next one.

Of course now ask you pay money first without seeing any "benefits" is unhappy lah, but when you need it you know that you have the resource ready on hand mah...

I also heard that if you donate it away, it's not guaranteed that it'll be stored by them.
Yup, cordlife has succeeded in their marketing - as in it gives a "feel safe" feeling to new parents

Haha I'm like u too! Keep checking until my hubs got a bit annoyed with me. Just this morning he asked me can don't be so paranoid or not! Coz everything morn before leaving for work I will run off to the toilet, pull out my panty & check for all clear on the liner before stepping out of the house! I can only tell him ' Aiya u wont understand one' hahaha
Well, they really don't understand how stressful it is to see colorful discharge on the panty liner. If given a choice, we wouldn't want to be so extreme also hor?

If still feel you need more rest, see can extend or not. I actually rested the whole 1st trimester.
Hmm.. Don't know if dr tan so generous a not. HL also might not enough to cover. Have to take unpaid leave.
Just hope bleeding stop. Really 走一步算一步。

Take care babe ! Hope that your bleeding has stopped. Best to get max support if possible. I had duphaston, progynova, ustrogen & jab when I had bleeding scare. I feel the jab helps. Rest well & walk less.
I was on similar support too. But injections stopped as my MS was starting to get bad. Injections may worsen the MS. So I took HL to rest at home and continue oral medication.

Hey ladies, want to have a Secret FB group which we can put faces on our nicks? Have been talking for a while yet we do not know how one another look like and we are going to be comrades for the next few months and maybe even years when our kids are born.

Let me know your thoughts. If keen, I will create a secret group.

I'm also an IVF mummy to be, been reading silently in this forum, if you are creating a Secret FB im keen to be in! :)

Hey ladies, want to have a Secret FB group which we can put faces on our nicks? Have been talking for a while yet we do not know how one another look like and we are going to be comrades for the next few months and maybe even years when our kids are born.

I likeeee... I think there is a secret FB group for IVF mummies. 2015/16 IVF mummies and daddies.
I want to be in if you create one for our batch also! :)

Frens was telling me that newborn only need to buy basic plain top because they change very often and always in swaddle can't see what they wear also. Do U all buy many clothes for newborn?

I think there is one created by lambi on ivf mummies 2016/2016 but not very active. About 14 members. U girls want to join that or create a new one?

Frens was telling me that newborn only need to buy basic plain top because they change very often and always in swaddle can't see what they wear also. Do U all buy many clothes for newborn?
Yup, it's true and newborns outgrow their clothes very fast. No need to buy many and expensive ones.

For good buys as in basic cotton tops and pants/shorts (blue, pink, white and yellow colours only), you can go to the corner wholesale shop along Waterloo Street where they sell baby clothes in bulk.

You can also find the very basic white cloth and bathing towels there too.

Yup, it's true and newborns outgrow their clothes very fast. No need to buy many and expensive ones.

For good buys as in basic cotton tops and pants/shorts (blue, pink, white and yellow colours only), you can go to the corner wholesale shop along Waterloo Street where they sell baby clothes in bulk.

You can also find the very basic white cloth and bathing towels there too.

Thanks will go there n take a look after cny.

Exact directions in case you get lost.

Blk 269 Queen Street #01-246 (S) 183269, Tel Tel: 6338 3260.

The blk is just opposite the Guan Ying Temple near OG in Bugis area.
The shop is located at the corner, few steps away from a public toilet.

The name is "Shen Kwong Trading"

Wow thanks! Very detailed

Exact directions in case you get lost.

Blk 269 Queen Street #01-246 (S) 183269, Tel Tel: 6338 3260.

The blk is just opposite the Guan Ying Temple near OG in Bugis area.
The shop is located at the corner, few steps away from a public toilet.

The name is "Shen Kwong Trading"

Woah thank you.. I like this kind of lobang! Was also thinking so wasted buy expensive ones cos heard they outgrow fast.

Woah thank you.. I like this kind of lobang! Was also thinking so wasted buy expensive ones cos heard they outgrow fast.

I was quite skeptical when I heard of this lobang for my first born. Cos first kid mah, so everything must be good (best if got brand). Then I realised that he really outgrow the clothes very fast.

Dont buy too many newborn pieces, moderate pieces of 3 month size and maybe more of 6 - 9 months.

Don't buy too many packs of NB (Newborn) size. 2-3 weeks and they outgrow to the next size. If can, go and request for samples from Drypers, Huggies, Goon, Merries etc.

@towkayneo Hello there, I would like to be added into the Secret IVF group. Will be doing mine this April and I hope to be able to gain knowledge and experiences through the group. Much appreciated.

@towkayneo Hello there, I would like to be added into the Secret IVF group. Will be doing mine this April and I hope to be able to gain knowledge and experiences through the group. Much appreciated.
Hey Jules, thanks for the interest. Since you are doing your IVF in April this year, I suggest that you can go to this thread whereby you can get more info which is more relevant - IVF/ICSI Support Group found in "Matters of The Heart".

Good luck!

I was on similar support too. But injections stopped as my MS was starting to get bad. Injections may worsen the MS. So I took HL to rest at home and continue oral medication.

I was ok with the jabs. Just that at kkh o&g, it is administered on the butt; while the jab prescribed by my gyne, it was jabbed at the thigh. It was pretty achy for the next couple of days & at times I walked with a limp. Like very sore around that area but no bruise or what.

Just got back from my week 10 scan. Realised that the u/s machine at doc's private clinic so much clearer than at TFC! Dr Loh said already can see nasal bone clearly and even checked the nuchal thickness. He showed us in detail how to see. He assured us that based on his experience, he is very confident that bb is healthy and told us not to worry while we then proceeded to draw blood for the harmony test. Saw bb stretched and did kungfu fists when doc trying to position for hearing heartbeat and doc went "wah wah wah protest liao" Lol. Too excited and forgot to ask why difference in price for harmony test at different clinics :p Really too amazing!!

Just got back from my week 10 scan. Realised that the u/s machine at doc's private clinic so much clearer than at TFC! Dr Loh said already can see nasal bone clearly and even checked the nuchal thickness. He showed us in detail how to see. He assured us that based on his experience, he is very confident that bb is healthy and told us not to worry while we then proceeded to draw blood for the harmony test. Saw bb stretched and did kungfu fists when doc trying to position for hearing heartbeat and doc went "wah wah wah protest liao" Lol. Too excited and forgot to ask why difference in price for harmony test at different clinics :p Really too amazing!!
amazing! week 10 already can see kungfu fighting!!

Ahhhhh cos of CNY I have to wait an extra week!!

Back