Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

No leh, I did ask the nurse where we have our jabs near Clinic D area. She says they administer on the thigh nia, only at O&G it's butt so I LL. Or maybe its just that nurse on duty whom refused to see my butt maybe! haha
Hmmm, ok, I tried the thigh near Clinic D, at the treatment room at Private Suite, it's butt (not exactly butt, but the fleshy part above the butt). Thigh is more painful...

btw how long were your on duphaston?
I saw my gynae at wk 11, my next appoint is week 15 so do i continue to take the duphaston till I see him??
Sorry forget to ask him, he just ask me am i taking duphaston, so i replied yes. IVF clinic gave me 1 mth supply before releasing me.
I was too happy that everything was fine after the scan that all questions escaped my mind as I was having sleepless nights due to spotting scares coming as and when :eek:

babe! did you book very early for her Sat class? When's your class starting? I see the schedule and her next sat class only starts in April, so I took weekday instead as I reckoned I'll be too clumsy to move around by then! haha

Ya i Kiasu book early haha. Think about three weeks ago

btw how long were your on duphaston?
I saw my gynae at wk 11, my next appoint is week 15 so do i continue to take the duphaston till I see him??
Sorry forget to ask him, he just ask me am i taking duphaston, so i replied yes. IVF clinic gave me 1 mth supply before releasing me.
I was too happy that everything was fine after the scan that all questions escaped my mind as I was having sleepless nights due to spotting scares coming as and when :eek:
My doc say actually progesterone hormones support quite pointless after first tri as the placenta already fully developed by then to take over in supporting the pregnancy. So we were given the support med till week 12. I last saw my doc at 10w3d and my remaining supplies good for 1week + and he said ok, don't need to count and replenish precisely, just finish whatever I have and that will be good enough.

Oh yah ppl around me also tell me cannot be angry cos baby will be angry later. I try also to control... but sometimes cannot stand it. Lol.

Woah still sold out ah? I think maybe cos she's singapore based so ppl feel more comfy to buy from her. Not sure if the rest are selling the exact same brand... if same brand then might as well try get it from others.

ya man...like the whole world is preg & buying the same pillow! hehehe....nm, i'll ask my PA (aka hubby) to help me look see if anything similar while waiting for the vendor's update. But yours the texture is hard or soft type? I saw on q100 the material like a bit soft...I scare no support as currently near my tailbone area is like quite painful. Thinking if can go acupuncture or chiropractic not.

Last time I need to take it weekly until end of 2nd tri. Ask the dr give me the med. I bring to outside GP clinic to jab.

oh so u mean doc gave u the prescription to jab outside? You're with Dr Handsome too right? Mine was bi-weekly jabs which I requested from him when I went for the bi-weekly appointments during the 1st tri.

Hmmm, ok, I tried the thigh near Clinic D, at the treatment room at Private Suite, it's butt (not exactly butt, but the fleshy part above the butt). Thigh is more painful...

Thigh when being jabbed in wasn't that bad. It's the aftermath! Leg very sour & achy but it's all worth it la...for the sake of the little ones. Speaking of TPS, how to switch over ah? I did ask the nurse Felicia previously she say will switch me over after 1st tri but till now I'm still at Clinic D wor.

ya man...like the whole world is preg & buying the same pillow! hehehe....nm, i'll ask my PA (aka hubby) to help me look see if anything similar while waiting for the vendor's update. But yours the texture is hard or soft type? I saw on q100 the material like a bit soft...I scare no support as currently near my tailbone area is like quite painful. Thinking if can go acupuncture or chiropractic not.

It's a bit soft, definitely not hard. But strangely it's comfy. I put my own pillow on top of it when I sleep and it's the perfect height. The sides also just nice.. not so thick so it's nice and comfy to make into bolsters.

Maybe can try using the pillow before going for acu or chiro. In my first trimester, I had v bad back pain when sleeping until sometimes I'll wake up crying and gagging in pain. But after I started using the pilows, it's much better. Sometimes it's our posture when sleeping also and also how fast we turn etc. I also use those lemongrass balms.

Doc mentioned bb may arrive earlier than EDD. Is it true usually for first preggy and usually by how early?

Doc mentioned bb may arrive earlier than EDD. Is it true usually for first preggy and usually by how early?

That's what ppl have been telling me. They said could be up to 2 weeks earlier. :-/ But my Dr said the baby will come out when he wants to come out.. so no point thinking about it.

That's what ppl have been telling me. They said could be up to 2 weeks earlier. :-/ But my Dr said the baby will come out when he wants to come out.. so no point thinking about it.
Agree. Just that hubby was elated and anxious thinking it can be an excuse for absence from his reservist in early August. He also worried as doesn't want to be away when I'm about to pop

Agree. Just that hubby was elated and anxious thinking it can be an excuse for absence from his reservist in early August. He also worried as doesn't want to be away when I'm about to pop

It's really hard to predict. Some people till full term 40 weeks also baby not coming out and have to induce. Some just pop very early.

oh so u mean doc gave u the prescription to jab outside? You're with Dr Handsome too right? Mine was bi-weekly jabs which I requested from him when I went for the bi-weekly appointments during the 1st tri.
Yes yes I with Dr Tan HH. U can ask him can go outside let neighbour Dr jab. But u need to pay the GP fee. I not too sure how much the nurse charge u for the jab.

Thigh when being jabbed in wasn't that bad. It's the aftermath! Leg very sour & achy but it's all worth it la...for the sake of the little ones. Speaking of TPS, how to switch over ah? I did ask the nurse Felicia previously she say will switch me over after 1st tri but till now I'm still at Clinic D wor.
After my 2nd appt, I told DR to transfer me to TPS can. On that day he say see me in 5 wks time. My appt they make for me at TPS by that I ard wk14. But do note that Dr Tan's TPS is Tuesday only. Clinic D is thur morning n fri

Can ask gynea to write a letter of your EDD. Then your DH can use that as an excuse to defer his reservist. Subjected to the approving officer

Yes yes I with Dr Tan HH. U can ask him can go outside let neighbour Dr jab. But u need to pay the GP fee. I not too sure how much the nurse charge u for the jab.
can go GP for jab?? really? i been seeing him almost weekly frm wk 5, coz every wk got some fresh bleeding scare

I know it's hard but must try to contain our anger, as my friends told me the baby will take after us and will throw tantrum easily if we get angry easily during pregnancy and it will be hard to take care of them. So I try my VERY best not to get into arguments with my hubby and just breath in and out!

oh btw, your recommended vendor in selling the pregnancy pillow is so damn hot la! it's all SOLD OUT!! my hubs's still waiting for them to contact him once the stocks arrive!
hello hello, what pillow ah? what have i been missing out?

You must see which day one. For example, Friday he's in clinic D, Tuesday he's in TPS..you insist that you want TPS and you see if she changes the day for you

It's really hard to predict. Some people till full term 40 weeks also baby not coming out and have to induce. Some just pop very early.
Ya, it's not true. For myself, my firstborn was still very comfy at 39 weeks, so I request to induce cos I was kiasee. My friends that time also seem to be induced..I don't recall any friends pop earlier

Oh ya!! One very good tip I experienced on my own. Like when it gets nearer and nearer to EDD, do lotsa walking! It really helps in labour. After being induced for the first time, there's no sound & picture. After the 2nd time of induction, my hubs forced me to walk for 45 min around KKH and the labour pains kicked in an hour later.

I can relate to the emotional part. I was reading the other day that babies can get pretty lonely inside and I almost cried buckets when I read that! So now whenever baby kicks/punches.. even at 2 or 3am, I'll wake up, pat pat, play play and then sleep back. Lol.

And I get angry easily also!

I think our husbands have a lot to handle! lol.
How they know how baby feels?!?! LOL!

If U girls are doing detailed scan n attending prenatal classes, Ward discount etc in thomson good to sign up the FBI thomson membership. U can get discount for detail scan, classes etc. Also give U free goodie bag.

Hi Bunny33, if i wanna see pte gynae at their clinic but i intend to give birth in TMC. How can i apply for the thomson membership? I wanna attend their prenatal classes. Thanks!

Hi Bunny33, if i wanna see pte gynae at their clinic but i intend to give birth in TMC. How can i apply for the thomson membership? I wanna attend their prenatal classes. Thanks!

Hi U can apply through online. They will send U the membership card and letter to collect your goodie bag in two weeks time. Or U can go to thomson info counter and apply. $60 for membership. U can see the list of benefit and decide if it's worth it.

https://apps.thomsonmedical.com/membership/

I think KKH have 4 bedder, but no have 2 bedder.
Yup. 4 bedder can be very noisy. Especially when you just delivered n the ward is crowded with visitors. Last time I delivered, I took B1. 3days stay very noisy everyday. 1days neighbor discharged, all village come fetch her. 2days, admitted a lady preparing to go delivery. Even I draw my curtains at all time. She tempt to see what I am doing. Keep asking me questions. No rest.

Usually kkh will look after us during 1st trimester right then i can just move on to pte gynae or once baby is stable, i can move to pte gynae? Does all gynae accept ivf patient? Thanks!

Yup. 4 bedder can be very noisy. Especially when you just delivered n the ward is crowded with visitors. Last time I delivered, I took B1. 3days stay very noisy everyday. 1days neighbor discharged, all village come fetch her. 2days, admitted a lady preparing to go delivery. Even I draw my curtains at all time. She tempt to see what I am doing. Keep asking me questions. No rest.

Hello, your experience suck, but i guess it is random allocation of patients and the folks you are assigned to bunk in with happen to be very popular and super curious type ya. hee hee.

The beauty of B1 room is that it cost significantly lesser then the A ward. This is a very attractive consolation prize for the din you need to bear with ya.

Usually kkh will look after us during 1st trimester right then i can just move on to pte gynae or once baby is stable, i can move to pte gynae? Does all gynae accept ivf patient? Thanks!

Hello, you can move to Pte gynae anytime you want. There is no rules that you need to be stuck with kkh for thru out the 1st trimeter de. You are the patient, you should choose whichever hospital & gynac that best fit your individual needs

Jia you

Go for 1-bedder! Worth the money...hubby can rest there too and it's like a hotel room, private and cosy. Nobody will know what you guys are talking. Can do whatever you want, no need to share toilet/bathroom too.

Go for 1-bedder! Worth the money...hubby can rest there too and it's like a hotel room, private and cosy. Nobody will know what you guys are talking. Can do whatever you want, no need to share toilet/bathroom too.
Do you know roughy the cost for both A1 n B1 for c sect?

Anyone taking the gnc pre natal vitamins?
The folic acid is only 1000mcg so much lesser than the folic acid that ivf clinic gave us which was 5mg. Do we need to top up or supplement with other vitamins?

Thanks

Anyone taking the gnc pre natal vitamins?
The folic acid is only 1000mcg so much lesser than the folic acid that ivf clinic gave us which was 5mg. Do we need to top up or supplement with other vitamins?

Thanks
Recommended dosage for folic acid is up to 400mcg pre-conception and up to 600mcg daily once pregnant. Prenatal multivitamins usually contain 800-1000mcg so need to check that you do not double up with additional supplements. Should not exceed 1000mcg daily without consulting doc.
Read more at - http://www.babycenter.com/0_folic-acid-why-you-need-it-before-and-during-pregnancy_476.bc

Back