Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

The twins mummies here, did u all take e harmony test? I'm considering to take on week 11 but doc did mention gender not accurate for twins. Is it true?
Hi Claire, I remember you from the IVF thread...I think you should be at abt week 8 or so right?

I'm told to take the combi of Oscar + Harmony by my gynae.

Going when I'm week 11, so not sure about the accuracy...but definitely super curious to find out the gender of my twins as well :)

Hi Claire, I remember you from the IVF thread...I think you should be at abt week 8 or so right?

Going when I'm week 11, so not sure about the accuracy...but definitely super curious to find out the gender of my twins as well :)

Yep! 8 weeks coming 9... Dr Loh was just asking us to decide either or... I think I'm gg for harmony ba... Alr spent so much on IVF

Yep! 8 weeks coming 9... Dr Loh was just asking us to decide either or... I think I'm gg for harmony ba... Alr spent so much on IVF
Oops. Mine is Oscar scan plus a blood test. Not sure if that blood test is considered Harmony test or not. Didn't research too much on that.

It depends on your age too. I read that if you are >35 years old, just skip Oscar and go for Harmony cos the latter has higher accuracy but more expensive.

Oops. Mine is Oscar scan plus a blood test. Not sure if that blood test is considered Harmony test or not. Didn't research too much on that.

It depends on your age too. I read that if you are >35 years old, just skip Oscar and go for Harmony cos the latter has higher accuracy but more expensive.
True. Me lao lady so doc didn't let me choose. Straight to harmony test.

Just got back from my week 10 scan. Realised that the u/s machine at doc's private clinic so much clearer than at TFC! Dr Loh said already can see nasal bone clearly and even checked the nuchal thickness. He showed us in detail how to see. He assured us that based on his experience, he is very confident that bb is healthy and told us not to worry while we then proceeded to draw blood for the harmony test. Saw bb stretched and did kungfu fists when doc trying to position for hearing heartbeat and doc went "wah wah wah protest liao" Lol. Too excited and forgot to ask why difference in price for harmony test at different clinics :p Really too amazing!!
DawnBB dr Loh is around today? Supposed to have an appt in the afternoon but nurse called to change my appt to next week saying he wld be away starting today to weekend

Hello,

Easy way to confirm what type of blood test you did was base on price. If you pay at least $800, then it is harmony, if it is anything less then most likely is the blood test that is part of Oscar.

Cheers

Hello,

Oscar cost 300-400 plus and harmony cost at least $800+++. My suggestion is you go for Oscar first, look at the result, if you are not happy with the result which is suppose to be 90% accurate, then book yourself for the Harmony test which will give you 99% accuracy.

However, if you are more then 35 yr old, then i will suggest you skip oscar and go straight for harmony.

(Me just a normal mummy, not a doctor ya)

Cheers,

DawnBB dr Loh is around today? Supposed to have an appt in the afternoon but nurse called to change my appt to next week saying he wld be away starting today to weekend
My appt was very early at 1.30pm and was second patient to see him. Heard he would be leaving early wor

I was ok with the jabs. Just that at kkh o&g, it is administered on the butt; while the jab prescribed by my gyne, it was jabbed at the thigh. It was pretty achy for the next couple of days & at times I walked with a limp. Like very sore around that area but no bruise or what.
Can request to jab wherever you want to be jabbed

hahaha @towkayneo, so will u be passing a bowl around the sisters here and we shall prick our fingers, drip some blood & sworn to secrecy that we shall not bao tou one another in the event if we spot our mutual friends on FB?
Believed the sisters here wouldn't want the mutual friends to know that they have undergone IVF / pregnant cos haven't reach the "safe period". Well, this is ethical issue Liao

Hi mtb, i have tested bfp on hpt since 8dp2dt & i'm currently 10dp2dt still bfp on hpt with fmu. But i'm having af cramp since 5+am, is it normal to have cramp? I don't have much symptom after ET.

Hi mtb, i have tested bfp on hpt since 8dp2dt & i'm currently 10dp2dt still bfp on hpt with fmu. But i'm having af cramp since 5+am, is it normal to have cramp? I don't have much symptom after ET.

Cramp should be normal cos uterus expanding to accommodate bb. As long as no spotting should be fine.

If U girls are doing detailed scan n attending prenatal classes, Ward discount etc in thomson good to sign up the FBI thomson membership. U can get discount for detail scan, classes etc. Also give U free goodie bag.

If U girls are doing detailed scan n attending prenatal classes, Ward discount etc in thomson good to sign up the FBI thomson membership. U can get discount for detail scan, classes etc. Also give U free goodie bag.
Don't go to KKH prenatal classes. They just give you a stack of notes in point form and though some of the classes are useful, I think it can be better. I think you can do better elsewhere.

Don't go to KKH prenatal classes. They just give you a stack of notes in point form and though some of the classes are useful, I think it can be better. I think you can do better elsewhere.

huh.. still thought of going kkh one. but i deliver at kkh, can go private one mah? like thomson or

I just attended the 1st lesson yesterday o_Ohaha n...yup am given a stack of notes in PowerPoint form....
...towkayneo more tips on what kinda course good to sign up @ kkh pls cos took a brunch of brochures home n find some quite interesting....

I just attended the 1st lesson yesterday o_Ohaha n...yup am given a stack of notes in PowerPoint form....
...towkayneo more tips on what kinda course good to sign up @ kkh pls cos took a brunch of brochures home n find some quite interesting....
Eh, after I attended the prenatal course in KKH, I never thought of signing up any additional course with them cos some of the lecturers really read from the notes. Kinda boring. Heard that Thomson Medical has very good engaging courses especially with the popular Wong Boh Boi.

Eh, after I attended the prenatal course in KKH, I never thought of signing up any additional course with them cos some of the lecturers really read from the notes. Kinda boring. Heard that Thomson Medical has very good engaging courses especially with the popular Wong Boh Boi.

Ic...ok,noted with thanks ....shall check out the Thomson medical one...:)

Hello, i attended Ms Wong class before, she is good however, if you are the type that like smaller class size, then you should skip her class. Her class size is usually very big

I signed up Wong boi boi class and yes I heard her class size is huge. Some say she is very good but others comment overrated. Anyway being a first time mum I will still attend.

I'm currently week 9+ but stomach is looking so much bigger, as if I'm 3-4 months. I know it's definitely not the babies because they are still so teeny weeny now.
Anyone experiencing this as well? Not sure if it's because my intestines are swelling or I'm super bloated...

Now I into my 15wks, can sleep better. But get very emotional easily. See drama or new article can feel sad n cry easily.
Yesterday night can feel a little tapping in my tummy when I lie down to rest. So excited.

I can relate to the emotional part. I was reading the other day that babies can get pretty lonely inside and I almost cried buckets when I read that! So now whenever baby kicks/punches.. even at 2 or 3am, I'll wake up, pat pat, play play and then sleep back. Lol.

And I get angry easily also!

I think our husbands have a lot to handle! lol.

I'm currently week 9+ but stomach is looking so much bigger, as if I'm 3-4 months. I know it's definitely not the babies because they are still so teeny weeny now.
Anyone experiencing this as well? Not sure if it's because my intestines are swelling or I'm super bloated...

It may be because you are bloated. My stomach was big during the first trimester before it became smaller (which causes panic... esp when ppl keep saying it's so small... lol) and then it gradually became bigger again.

Can request to jab wherever you want to be jabbed

No leh, I did ask the nurse where we have our jabs near Clinic D area. She says they administer on the thigh nia, only at O&G it's butt so I LL. Or maybe its just that nurse on duty whom refused to see my butt maybe! haha

huh.. still thought of going kkh one. but i deliver at kkh, can go private one mah? like thomson or

hey babe I'm with KKH too & I've just booked the childbirth classes with Mrs Wong Boh Boi as well. But just have to pay a bit more since we're not with TMC. You can check out the schedules first. You can refer to @DawnBB link she posted.

Weekday n weekend classes diff charges. I paid for sat class cost 350 I think after discount.

babe! did you book very early for her Sat class? When's your class starting? I see the schedule and her next sat class only starts in April, so I took weekday instead as I reckoned I'll be too clumsy to move around by then! haha

I can relate to the emotional part. I was reading the other day that babies can get pretty lonely inside and I almost cried buckets when I read that! So now whenever baby kicks/punches.. even at 2 or 3am, I'll wake up, pat pat, play play and then sleep back. Lol.

And I get angry easily also!

I think our husbands have a lot to handle! lol.

I know it's hard but must try to contain our anger, as my friends told me the baby will take after us and will throw tantrum easily if we get angry easily during pregnancy and it will be hard to take care of them. So I try my VERY best not to get into arguments with my hubby and just breath in and out!

oh btw, your recommended vendor in selling the pregnancy pillow is so damn hot la! it's all SOLD OUT!! my hubs's still waiting for them to contact him once the stocks arrive!

I know it's hard but must try to contain our anger, as my friends told me the baby will take after us and will throw tantrum easily if we get angry easily during pregnancy and it will be hard to take care of them. So I try my VERY best not to get into arguments with my hubby and just breath in and out!

oh btw, your recommended vendor in selling the pregnancy pillow is so damn hot la! it's all SOLD OUT!! my hubs's still waiting for them to contact him once the stocks arrive!

Oh yah ppl around me also tell me cannot be angry cos baby will be angry later. I try also to control... but sometimes cannot stand it. Lol.

Woah still sold out ah? I think maybe cos she's singapore based so ppl feel more comfy to buy from her. Not sure if the rest are selling the exact same brand... if same brand then might as well try get it from others.

No leh, I did ask the nurse where we have our jabs near Clinic D area. She says they administer on the thigh nia, only at O&G it's butt so I LL. Or maybe its just that nurse on duty whom refused to see my butt maybe! haha
Last time I need to take it weekly until end of 2nd tri. Ask the dr give me the med. I bring to outside GP clinic to jab.

Sometimes is we r still recovering from the Ivf jabs. + our organs need to make ways for the baby to grow. Baby maybe small but they are surrounding in water like in balloon. Their hse for the next 9mths. Heehee

water retention..?

Back