Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Especially when they are at around 2-3 years old when fever/high fever seems to be coming back every now and then and visits to KKH Children A&E is like a norm. On top of that, at night still have to wake up to take their temperature and sponge them >_<

I hope I'll be able to stay calm in such situations. My mother and sister tend to be panicky and I'm scared I'll be like that too. :-/

The twins mummies here, did u all take e harmony test? I'm considering to take on week 11 but doc did mention gender not accurate for twins. Is it true?

I'm not a twin mummy but I read the paper that came with the harmony test.
Apparently, if no Y chromosome is detected means both girls.
If Y chromosome is detected, can be one boy one girl or both boys.

Wa, you are amazing ley, take it to sniff..!

Are you the babe who found out that you are pregnant and you started to use pregnancy kit every day to ensure the lines do not turn faint?

Haha..errhh...I aso touch to see the texture (in case different from normal discharge )

Errh..I can't remb if I mention in forum but I do use the preggy kits to test almost everyday when I know I m preggy... I lost count how many time I run to O & G clinic (kkh) until 1 of the Dr said I almost like her regular ....

Oh ya, I also brought the fetal doppler......

The twins mummies here, did u all take e harmony test? I'm considering to take on week 11 but doc did mention gender not accurate for twins. Is it true?

I took harmony test and result indicate male so dr Loh was saying that it could be both boys. If it's not detected it won't indicate in the report. Harmony test is 99 percent accurate on trisomy Down syndrome etc. It's good to take I feel.

Haha..errhh...I aso touch to see the texture (in case different from normal discharge )

Errh..I can't remb if I mention in forum but I do use the preggy kits to test almost everyday when I know I m preggy... I lost count how many time I run to O & G clinic (kkh) until 1 of the Dr said I almost like her regular ....

hello, ha ha, you should as the doctor since you are a regular, can give you priority queue mah. hee hee

I took harmony test and result indicate male so dr Loh was saying that it could be both boys. If it's not detected it won't indicate in the report. Harmony test is 99 percent accurate on trisomy Down syndrome etc. It's good to take I feel.

Ok! I shall opt for that... Thanks! How long will e results be out?

wow, congrats, it's team blue!

Is the fetal doppler useful?

wa, you are the ultimate ley, babe! When I see the stained discharge, I am already sians 1/2, I cannot bring myself to touch!

Is the fetal doppler useful?

wa, you are the ultimate ley, babe! When I see the stained discharge, I am already sians 1/2, I cannot bring myself to touch!

I try not to use the fetal Doppler too often as i also scare will dun know (internet said) have side effect on the baby. It quite become a white elephant when one can feel the "fluttering " movement of baby..:)

really? i also consider to buy the doppler. coz can hear. does it really help??

Hi,

I though Harmony test not suitable for twins. Aiya, I went to book FTS for next week.
Can I have confirmation that the test can be taken for twin mums?

TIA

harmony test is accurate for down syndrome. Just take, rather than the usual down syndrome test which is not accurate majority. create unnecessary anxiety n worry

i just had bleeding again this morning. Went to pee and the whole toilet bowl is red!! omg! never happen before. faster went to see Dr Tan urgently. Luckily he is in clinic n allow me to see him. is really traumatic

i just had bleeding again this morning. Went to pee and the whole toilet bowl is red!! omg! never happen before. faster went to see Dr Tan urgently. Luckily he is in clinic n allow me to see him. is really traumatic
I feel you! Pls take care and if you can, get the support jab.

I feel you! Pls take care and if you can, get the support jab.
take already lor jus nw. i ask Dr Tan, can he prescribe me the jab anot. hahaha.. then dun even need to see him wat. once bleed, i jab myself. then he scold me. said canot la. is controlled. then i said, bt is very difficult to see u, u know. then he laugh.

Hi,

I though Harmony test not suitable for twins. Aiya, I went to book FTS for next week.

TIA

From what i research harmony more accurate for twins. I checked with dr and he said accurate leh.

Sound scary. Pls bedrest and get HL to stay home. Request for jab too

take already lor jus nw. i ask Dr Tan, can he prescribe me the jab anot. hahaha.. then dun even need to see him wat. once bleed, i jab myself. then he scold me. said canot la. is controlled. then i said, bt is very difficult to see u, u know. then he laugh.
Ya, it's controlled. Can only take one jab per week. Nothing more than that.

Ya la, so difficult to see him cos his schedule is packed :(

Are you on duphaston and utrogestan as well?

yup, 3 times a day duphaston n progynova every morng. whats utrogestan?
That's the white hormone pill that can be used orally or inserted vaginally. The doc on duty prescribed that to me when I went O&G last Friday.

Utrogestan seems to work well for bleeding scares.

That's the white hormone pill that can be used orally or inserted vaginally. The doc on duty prescribed that to me when I went O&G last Friday.

Utrogestan seems to work well for bleeding scares.
didnt give lei. so far, i went twice Og. didnt give also. just jab. jus nw dr tan also didnt give. n silly dr tan forget to prescribe me medicine. my oral medicine is finishing. i need to make a trip down again.

Hi,

TIA

For singleton it's more accurate cos if got Y chromosome confirm it's boy cos as women, we have no Y chromosome.
But for twins, if got Y chromosome, may mean one or both are boys.
If no Y chromosome then it's confirmed that both are girls.

wow, that's like about 4-5 times more expensive than the regular DS test which consists of "Maternal Age + Blood Test + Detailed Scan"

Yah.. quite ex ah but I think it gives a peace of mind cos I've heard horror stories about Oscar giving false alarm.

But what I don't understand though was why there's so much difference in the price between hospitals. I paid 800+ at RH and some I saw paid 1.5k elsewhere. I know some who go to different gynae just to take harmony so they can get it cheaper and then go back to their own gynae after that.

Yah.. quite ex ah but I think it gives a peace of mind cos I've heard horror stories about Oscar giving false alarm.

But what I don't understand though was why there's so much difference in the price between hospitals. I paid 800+ at RH and some I saw paid 1.5k elsewhere. I know some who go to different gynae just to take harmony so they can get it cheaper and then go back to their own gynae after that.
wow, that's like about 4-5 times more expensive than the regular DS test which consists of "Maternal Age + Blood Test + Detailed Scan"

towkayneo kk is 1070.

Maybe different labs, different doctors, different services hence the price difference.
false alarm as in false negative or false positive?

But what I don't understand though was why there's so much difference in the price between hospitals. I paid 800+ at RH and some I saw paid 1.5k elsewhere.

I paid $850+ at KKH....theirs is Panorama (natera prenatal screen).....

It is a similar test....That time I tested on Wednesday...n I got the result on the following Wednesday ....

Last edited:
really? i also consider to buy the doppler. coz can hear. does it really help??

It take some time to find the heartbeat but if u seen the nurse at clinic/ hospital used...u roughly know where to locate.
But cautious is if can't find/hear cos can't locate ,one also get unnecessary worry. So unless really paranoid, I think the gyne appt every 2wk/a month is good enough.

Maybe different labs, different doctors, different services hence the price difference.
false alarm as in false negative or false positive?

False 'positive'. Happened to my bil's colleague. His wife got a high percentage and they were panicking (I can't remember what exactly). They went back to the hospital and he forced them to redo and the result was different. My sis also got quite a high percentage when she did and she was so worried but my niece turned out fine. So when I was trying to decided between Oscar and Harmony, my sis told me this and told me to take Harmony.

False 'positive'. Happened to my bil's colleague. His wife got a high percentage and they were panicking (I can't remember what exactly). They went back to the hospital and he forced them to redo and the result was different. My sis also got quite a high percentage when she did and she was so worried but my niece turned out fine. So when I was trying to decided between Oscar and Harmony, my sis told me this and told me to take Harmony.
Oscar is infamous for false positive. Not for the faint of heart!

Oscar is infamous for false positive. Not for the faint of heart!
For advanced age women, higher risk of false positive result because the stats take into account age as a factor to calculate the probability for DS. For that reason, my doc suggested harmony test more suitable as I'm over 35 le. Plus can confirm gender too. Maybe I will ask doc why different price for the test at different clinics since all send to same US for the lab work.

Towkayneo, I very luan now. I tot the blood cord u keep is for the kid itself so that *touchwood* anything happens, the kid don't have to find a matching doner from the cord bank. Then if *touchwood* in case siblings needs it then they can use also. Or it doesn't work this way ah?

But yeah, it's mostly clinical trials with like 19 proven cases so far. Not sure if it's really that effective not. It's like buying insurance ba. Anyway thanks for everyone's input. Maybe I go ask my gyne his opinion when I see him on my next visit.

I actually also stored my girl's cord blood with Cordlife. From what i know, it really depends on the diagnosis (whether genetic anot) on whether cord blood can use for her or need a sibling's one. Which is why I'm planning to store for my next one.

Of course now ask you pay money first without seeing any "benefits" is unhappy lah, but when you need it you know that you have the resource ready on hand mah...

I also heard that if you donate it away, it's not guaranteed that it'll be stored by them.

I went to the baby fair at expo but didn't buy anything yet. More like look see research only mostly on the pram, car seat and also understand more on the cord blood & cord lining thingy.

Just to check, anyone signed up for the cord blood and/or cord lining already ?

I signed up cord blood and cord lining for my 2nd child =)

That's great! I bought Cordlife for my first born cos of hearsay that it's good blah blah blah. I was impressed by the sales talk and I was given a kit of sterile bottles and bags after I signed up. Supposed to call cordlife after I delivered so that they would send somebody down to collect. After I signed up, I did more research and I regretted. Reasons being:

- the cord blood taken from kid A cannot be used on kid A himself in the event if he needs it because it belongs to himself. Instead his siblings are more suited to use it.
- *touchwood* in the event if kid A kenna the illnesses as listed by cordlife, what happens if the treatment doesn't call for cord blood. So far the most serious case calls for chemotherapy. Have not heard of using cord blood as part of the treatment (maybe I am sua ku)
- in the event if kid A's cord blood is found to be tainted during collection, you are given a choice to discard or preserve it. Even if you choose to discard it, you still have to pay about $1K in admin fees

Chances for cord blood contamination should be very low bah. I banked for 2, my friend saved all her 3 kids all ok leh...

From what i research harmony more accurate for twins. I checked with dr and he said accurate leh.

I see, I'm not too concerned on the gender as long the babies are healthy. :)
The counsellor explained to me that since its fraternal twins, taking blood test dilute the results since there are 2 inside. so accuracy won't be as good as singleton.
Anyway, I will just go ahead with the FTS since I already paid for the blood test. If results not ideal, then I will go for harmony.
Just unhappy that the counsellor advise me as such as I was quite against taking the FTS since its well-known for its false positive.

Thanks everyone for their input

I didn't have bleeding but I've become a serial panty liner checker. I make sure I wear pantyliner at all times and keep checking when I feel uncomfortable. It was worst the first few weeks after Dr took me off Duphaston and Progynova. I keep checking and checking.

I think we will not stop worrying until give birth already. :-/

Haha I'm like u too! Keep checking until my hubs got a bit annoyed with me. Just this morning he asked me can don't be so paranoid or not! Coz everything morn before leaving for work I will run off to the toilet, pull out my panty & check for all clear on the liner before stepping out of the house! I can only tell him ' Aiya u wont understand one' hahaha

Yay my gyne also mention that harmony is not accurate for twins so I went for oscars instead. Apparently, harmony is just blood drawn which contains 3 DNA types including yours so it's like you won't be able to determine exactly who's whos. So it's definitely more accurate for singletons. Something along that line. My friend has twins through IUI also didn't take harmony. But she went to Prof Ananda at Camden for those very detailed scan instead.

didnt give lei. so far, i went twice Og. didnt give also. just jab. jus nw dr tan also didnt give. n silly dr tan forget to prescribe me medicine. my oral medicine is finishing. i need to make a trip down again.

Take care babe ! Hope that your bleeding has stopped. Best to get max support if possible. I had duphaston, progynova, ustrogen & jab when I had bleeding scare. I feel the jab helps. Rest well & walk less.

I actually also stored my girl's cord blood with Cordlife. From what i know, it really depends on the diagnosis (whether genetic anot) on whether cord blood can use for her or need a sibling's one. Which is why I'm planning to store for my next one.

Of course now ask you pay money first without seeing any "benefits" is unhappy lah, but when you need it you know that you have the resource ready on hand mah...

I also heard that if you donate it away, it's not guaranteed that it'll be stored by them.

Thanks @Junelicious. Yeah there's a lot of mixed reviews so I'm still considering. But if I don't get it, maybe a part of me will feel paranoid about it. But seems like cord lining is more useful as all other family members if they need it can use it. So will discuss with hubs again to go ahead or not.

Back