Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Wa, your cervix is quite cooperative!! 8-9cm felt the pain already VERY GOOD!
Not exactly. Coz i was on some drip to prevent infection coz water bag burst liao. I think that drip also have pain killing effect. I kept asking the nurse to up the dose to the extent my bp and heart rate shot up. By then it was 8-9cm dilated so they pushed me to the delivery suite.

Hmmm...I have a feeling that the boy will make his entrance latest by following week cos I keep having that "blunt dagger digging into the cervix" feel :(
I think he will scan 1st, if need be then do the dilation check (though I totally loathe it, hurts damn bad). Need to do the swipe too.
They say mummy's hunch very zun one. So exciting!!

They say mummy's hunch very zun one. So exciting!!
My hubs said can drag till 1 Sep or not cos it will be 1st day of the 8th Lunar month :p

I realised that many Aug mommies did elective c-sec, dunno is it becos they want to siam the 7th month.

My hubs said can drag till 1 Sep or not cos it will be 1st day of the 8th Lunar month :p

I realised that many Aug mommies did elective c-sec, dunno is it becos they want to siam the 7th month.
My SIL bornt lunar 7th day of 7th month ley. She's doing so well wor. Anyway it's definitely out of question for me to siam now...

My SIL bornt lunar 7th day of 7th month ley. She's doing so well wor. Anyway it's definitely out of question for me to siam now...
wow, talking about 7th day of the 7th month, National Day happens to be on that day.

7th day of 7th lunar month - isn't it the chinese version valentine?
Plus its the national day this year.
BB future birthday can celebrate under the firework with double pressie? :p

My SIL asks me to avoid lunar 7th month, but it is beyond my control if bb decides to pop earlier.
Is it true that first born will usually be earlier?
I'm trying to persuade my bb to hold till 37-38 weeks.

Is it true that first born will usually be earlier?
I'm trying to persuade my bb to hold till 37-38 weeks.

Actually not true...though I did see quite a few August mommies pop earlier than their EDD.

My first born, I had to undergo induction because I was kiasee, so if I just let him be, he could be over EDD. @the_spinsterella too..her boy was very comfy in staying in her tummy that it passed the EDD.
Wa, you feel that he's coming out v soon, hence the persuasion?

Yes some of my fren choose to do before 7 mth haha.

Still, must keep the receipts..? Can they just extract the receipts from their own system?

They can, if you don't have them. They would ask regardless. I did not have one of the receipts that they requested, so they asked the clinic to re-print it. It' just another shortcut for them. Anyway, I keep my receipts and even scan them all.

Any mummies here suffer from piles??
Im currently at my 3rd trimester and i have piles even before my pregnancy.
Iam still comtemplating whether to go for a natural labour or via csec due to the piles that i have.

Will the nurses help to push back the piles in during natural labour? Or any mums had experience with piles via natural labour.
Supwr scare to push via natural deliverydue to my piles problem.. in dilemma now!

Actually not true...though I did see quite a few August mommies pop earlier than their EDD.

My first born, I had to undergo induction because I was kiasee, so if I just let him be, he could be over EDD. @the_spinsterella too..her boy was very comfy in staying in her tummy that it passed the EDD.
Wa, you feel that he's coming out v soon, hence the persuasion?

Except for the extreme pelvis pain, I don't have any other feeling such as he's coming.
However, quite a lot people (even strangers) think that I will deliver much earlier. Hence, it triggers my "worry".

Except for the extreme pelvis pain, I don't have any other feeling such as he's coming.
However, quite a lot people (even strangers) think that I will deliver much earlier. Hence, it triggers my "worry".
Aiya don't care what others say. Sometimes they can influence your mind! Just stay focused if you really want him out at 38-39 weeks. One of my stupid friends said its ok to come out a month earlier and I glared at him. It's definitely not ok lo

Iam still comtemplating whether to go for a natural labour or via csec due to the piles that i have.

Will the nurses help to push back the piles in during natural labour? Or any mums had experience with piles via natural labour.
Supwr scare to push via natural deliverydue to my piles problem.. in dilemma now!
Ehhhh this one v cheem, gotta check w the doc. I know my friend got piles only after delivery cos she said she pushed too hard such that the piles got squeezed out as well. It was a terrible painful experience and she had to sit on a swimming float throughout confinement

I had it when i was in the 3rd trimester, but it did not pose much problem when i delivered le. Not sure if it is because of epi that's why i had not problem with pushing. Anyway the piles were gone after giving birth.

Aiyo also got a lot of ppl thought I will deliver at least 2 weeks earlier. I'm now 37w going to 38w and doc just said on Tues unlikely to be due next week. Really it's up to bb unless you already plan for elective c sec.

Aiya don't care what others say. Sometimes they can influence your mind! Just stay focused if you really want him out at 38-39 weeks. One of my stupid friends said its ok to come out a month earlier and I glared at him. It's definitely not ok lo

One month is too early. One week stil ok.

Aiyo also got a lot of ppl thought I will deliver at least 2 weeks earlier. I'm now 37w going to 38w and doc just said on Tues unlikely to be due next week. Really it's up to bb unless you already plan for elective c sec.

Thanks for the kind words!
I "think" too much...
Plus bb is only 2kg and I'm was 32 weeks when they told me this.
How can I deliver so many weeks ahead?
I hope to go for natural but it may not be within my control.

jia you!

I had it when i was in the 3rd trimester, but it did not pose much problem when i delivered le. Not sure if it is because of epi that's why i had not problem with pushing. Anyway the piles were gone after giving birth.
You pushed the piles out ah? Haha...not bad ley

Sians, yesterday evening I had pelvic pain (dull ache) that lasts through the night. When I woke up this morning, it's not so bad. Was contemplating of heading to KKH if the pain doesn't go away and become worse.

Then wild thoughts ran through my mind yesterday night. I imagined the doc saying "you have dilated, must admit now"

My stuff are not prepared yet. Planning to do everything one shot over this weekend :p

Sians, yesterday evening I had pelvic pain (dull ache) that lasts through the night. When I woke up this morning, it's not so bad. Was contemplating of heading to KKH if the pain doesn't go away and become worse.

Then wild thoughts ran through my mind yesterday night. I imagined the doc saying "you have dilated, must admit now"

My stuff are not prepared yet. Planning to do everything one shot over this weekend :p
The pain is not contraction right? I got it everyday closer to W37. My dilation stayed at 5cm throughout (from W35 onwards) and they gave me a choice to admit or stay at home to observe. I even had bloody show but no contraction. Dun scare yourself and remember to time if it is contractions.

If you had to deliver now *touchwood*, dun worry about packing the stuff coz your hub can still do it when you are in the ward. Just make sure your hubs gets the stuff ready by the time you and ah boy discharged. If still not time yet, you can still do it over the weekend. Mai gan cheong! Waiting for yours and Dawn's news!!!

The pain is not contraction right? I got it everyday closer to W37. My dilation stayed at 5cm throughout (from W35 onwards) and they gave me a choice to admit or stay at home to observe. I even had bloody show but no contraction. Dun scare yourself and remember to time if it is contractions.

If you had to deliver now *touchwood*, dun worry about packing the stuff coz your hub can still do it when you are in the ward. Just make sure your hubs gets the stuff ready by the time you and ah boy discharged. If still not time yet, you can still do it over the weekend. Mai gan cheong! Waiting for yours and Dawn's news!!!
I doubt it's contraction cos the tummy remains soft, not hard and soft that kind. It's just feels like a dull bruise at the cervix area. Was worried that the boy was affected and kept touching tummy to see if he still moved :p Eh, no movement must quickly F1 to KKH liao.

Hahaha...aiyo hope so lo. Not kan chiong la...in fact hoping for time to move slightly slower :p

Faster prepare lah. At least all things done u can relax n feel more at ease

Just prepare ur D bag. Now Kkh diaper bag inside have a romper n swaddle blanket. For yourself just a set of clothes to go home can already. Maybe also standby nipple cream.

Faster prepare lah. At least all things done u can relax n feel more at ease
Ya laa...but must find time to go & buy breast-pump and newborn bottles..over the weekend. Should have done it earlier. Haiz, what am I doing all these while? :p

I doubt it's contraction cos the tummy remains soft, not hard and soft that kind. It's just feels like a dull bruise at the cervix area.
Maybe ah boy is becoming heavier, that's why it is causing a strain on the cervix. *quoted THH*
Plus the body is getting ready for delivery mah. Just make sure ah boy is "disturbing" you everyday. If worried and not due for your next consultation, just walk in to delivery suite to check it out lor.

You are an experience mummy, so follow your instincts!

Just prepare ur D bag. Now Kkh diaper bag inside have a romper n swaddle blanket. For yourself just a set of clothes to go home can already. Maybe also standby nipple cream.
But KKH diaper bag can only be collected upon discharge right?

If so, the romper and swaddle blanket are not washed yet ley :/

Maybe ah boy is becoming heavier, that's why it is causing a strain on the cervix. *quoted THH*
Plus the body is getting ready for delivery mah. Just make sure ah boy is "disturbing" you everyday. If worried and not due for your next consultation, just walk in to delivery suite to check it out lor.

You are an experience mummy, so follow your instincts!

Ya, I will do so if next few days doesn't feel right...I think my instincts are marred by #1, cos need to come home & feed him, play with him, put him to bed. Somehow I do feel that my #2 is abit neglected #AiyoFavouritismStartsFromYoung

But KKH diaper bag can only be collected upon discharge right?

If so, the romper and swaddle blanket are not washed yet ley :/

Kkh diaper bag tt time is one lady push trolley n give on my 1st day of stay ley...

N ya I think the same like u ley tt the romper n blanket not wash yet...hahaha...tt y bring your own...
Ur own clothes no need extra la just wear back the same one u admitted to hospital ...if not like super alt of stuff to bring lor

Hihi all..discharge and now home sweet home. For reference only: total bill SGD5200. Assisted natural, stay 2 days. 2 bedder

Wow natural really cheaper ley consider 2 bedder somemore....mine 4 bedder e c-sec 4 days stay already 10k....

Must keep all bills n receipt so I can claim from my ah boy next time if he not filial to me ....hahaha :p

Kkh diaper bag tt time is one lady push trolley n give on my 1st day of stay ley...

N ya I think the same like u ley tt the romper n blanket not wash yet...hahaha...tt y bring your own...
Ur own clothes no need extra la just wear back the same one u admitted to hospital ...if not like super alt of stuff to bring lor
Wonder can take 2 diaper bags not :p Ya ya, I wore back the same one I admitted to hospital the other time - a top and shorts lo :p

That time we dua bao sway bao - we brought a laptop (for me to continue working while waiting for labour), breastpump, camera, bathing towels (for hubs and myself, cos scared the ones provided were not so clean), baby's stuff. In the end, got to lug back quite siong.

Wonder can take 2 diaper bags not :p Ya ya, I wore back the same one I admitted to hospital the other time - a top and shorts lo :p

That time we dua bao sway bao - we brought a laptop (for me to continue working while waiting for labour), breastpump, camera, bathing towels (for hubs and myself, cos scared the ones provided were not so clean), baby's stuff. In the end, got to lug back quite siong.

Laptop? You are such a workaholic !!

Have to bring breast pump? But they don't stay sterilized for long leh.. or hospital can sterilize for you? I am delivering at tmc. Thanks in advance

Back