Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Have to bring breast pump? But they don't stay sterilized for long leh.. or hospital can sterilize for you? I am delivering at tmc. Thanks in advance
Hi if you intend to pump, bring your own breast pump. Renting from hospital is very expensive. The nurse can provide you the tablet to sterilize the breast pump. Bring along a plastic container for the sterilization... Else TMC will charge if you ask them for container

Have to bring breast pump? But they don't stay sterilized for long leh.. or hospital can sterilize for you? I am delivering at tmc. Thanks in advance
Is a short stay at hospital. To build up the BM, must is let Bb latch. Don't use pump. Bb latch will trigger stimulation on our breast.

Kkh diaper bag is auto the nurse will pass to u during your stay. I stay 4days got it on 3th day. Ask Dh to bring on that day. So upon discharge I got less 1thing to take.
I only stayed for one night in the hospital A1 ward cos I stayed in the delivery suite for one night. The nurse didn't mention to me at all. =( The nurse only asked me if I brought clothes and swaddle for my baby. If not, the baby can wear their romper back. Haha. Of course I prepared all these.

Wonder can take 2 diaper bags not :p Ya ya, I wore back the same one I admitted to hospital the other time - a top and shorts lo :p

That time we dua bao sway bao - we brought a laptop (for me to continue working while waiting for labour), breastpump, camera, bathing towels (for hubs and myself, cos scared the ones provided were not so clean), baby's stuff. In the end, got to lug back quite siong.

Haha ...no need wan 2 diaper bag la..

Just saw on Uniqlo website ...they announce yesterday they giving all newborn tt born at kkh 2 mesh romper,hat,mitten n a soft toy ley....argh! I miss out the freebies...

P.s( their mesh romper is good as it keep being cool in this kinda of hot n stuffy weather)

Last edited:
I only stayed for one night in the hospital A1 ward cos I stayed in the delivery suite for one night. The nurse didn't mention to me at all. =( The nurse only asked me if I brought clothes and swaddle for my baby. If not, the baby can wear their romper back. Haha. Of course I prepared all these.
Did you take their romper? Just take & bring it home & wash ok mah.

Just saw on Uniqlo website ...they announce yesterday they giving all newborn tt born at kkh 2 mesh romper,hats,mitten n a slow toy ley....argh! I miss out the freebies...

P.s( their mesh romper is good as it keep being cool in this kinda of hit n stuff weather)
Yaya, quite cute. Hope my kid happens to be one of the 2400 babies to get that

Just saw on Uniqlo website ...they announce yesterday they giving all newborn tt born at kkh 2 mesh romper,hat,mitten n a soft toy ley....argh! I miss out the freebies...

P.s( their mesh romper is good as it keep being cool in this kinda of hot n stuffy weather)
I want too. Can I still have it?

Wah so good! I like uniqlo rompers, material good n length just nice for my boy. Some brands the rompers so short, machiam like for dolls.

How many days after deliver then got BMilk?

Latch more to kick start d bm...as bb always fall asleep after suckle for just awhile, pump after latching to increase amount..but careful of over pumping ...15mins each nei can Le. ...

Jiayou but dun stress your wifey. ...just do her best effort can Le. ..:)

Last edited:
Latch more to kick start d bm...as bb always fall asleep after suckle for just awhile, pump after latching to increase amount..but careful of over pumping ...15mins each nei can Le. ...

Jiayou but dun stress your wifey. ...just do her best effort can Le. ..:)
Latch a while no neh then turn away sleepy. Got make the sucking sound (jut jut jut)

Latch a while no neh then turn away sleepy. Got make the sucking sound (jut jut jut)

Must make sure bb latch right (mouth cover as much areola as possible )....They can make sucking sound but don't mean they drinking much or suckle correctly...

Must remember to count how many diaper they wet/poo per day ya..so u will know if they intake enough...

Must ensure bb drink more to flush out jaundice which will appear in a few day time...even if bb sleepy stop suckle. .. tickle their foot/under chin or unswaddle to wake them up..

Must look like that - whole mouth must open v wide, then you must see the jaw and ear moving

1170758_10201286981390763_536873248_n.jpg

My colostrum kicked in abt 3 days later, BM abt 4 days later. Amt very pathetic initially, like can pump until bleeding only 10ml. But gradually will increase.
Ehhh...1st night I tried to pump, only a few pathetic drops and I had to use the syringe to feed lo (dunno the nurse smirked at my plight now). Apparently it was not enough and the boy had to go on FM :(

Damn stupid, I did not try direct latch and went to pump first. Aggressive pumping caused the nipples to be so damn sore, even brushing across the gown hurts damn lot.

Ehhh...1st night I tried to pump, only a few pathetic drops and I had to use the syringe to feed lo (dunno the nurse smirked at my plight now). Apparently it was not enough and the boy had to go on FM :(

Damn stupid, I did not try direct latch and went to pump first. Aggressive pumping caused the nipples to be so damn sore, even brushing across the gown hurts damn lot.

I lagi more stupid lor, too stubborn n complacent, my boy got latch n latch on day 2 n 3, so I thought for sure got drink enough, when nurse wanted to supplement FM I said no need, but he had 2 temp spikes to 37+ degrees on day 3 night n day 4 morning, in the end kena admitted to NICU on day 4 on suspicion of either dehydration or worst case viral infection. Cried my eyes out lor. N because he had a fever, they had to put him in the isolation room (away from the premmies), thank god in the end it was dehydration n not infection, right after they supplemented w FM, his temp went down, his weight went up, but that 2 nights in the "VVIP suite" cost us $5k. Till today I felt so guilty cos they had to pump him with antibiotics when he was only 4 days old. For nothing. We blame the PD too. Not experienced enough to read the signs, scare us with so many worst case scenarios n so fast to prescribe drugs to a newborn. So after that we changed PD.

I lagi more stupid lor, too stubborn n complacent, my boy got latch n latch on day 2 n 3, so I thought for sure got drink enough, when nurse wanted to supplement FM I said no need, but he had 2 temp spikes to 37+ degrees on day 3 night n day 4 morning, in the end kena admitted to NICU on day 4 on suspicion of either dehydration or worst case viral infection. Cried my eyes out lor. N because he had a fever, they had to put him in the isolation room (away from the premmies), thank god in the end it was dehydration n not infection, right after they supplemented w FM, his temp went down, his weight went up, but that 2 nights in the "VVIP suite" cost us $5k. Till today I felt so guilty cos they had to pump him with antibiotics when he was only 4 days old. For nothing. We blame the PD too. Not experienced enough to read the signs, scare us with so many worst case scenarios n so fast to prescribe drugs to a newborn. So after that we changed PD.
No choice ley, cos we have been reading that breastmilk is good and we just want to give the best to the kids, but the flesh (or the boob) is weak :(

Wa, very sian one, to hear doc saying such things and quick to diagnose and prescribe medication too, esp to a newborn :( Luckily your boy is ok.

I also teared when my #1 was brought away from me cos I developed fever during labour and was strep B +ve :( Throughout my stay, he was in NICU for observation...and he just had to perform poorly on the APGAR test and had to be observed for another 1/2 or 1 day. *Puke blood*

Private PD or hospital PD?

Ya best is she can tell me maybe it's meningitis, need to do a spinal tap to confirm, but it's up to us parents if we want to do the tap. She wouldn't commit when we asked her if she thinks its necessary, keep on saying its up to us. WTH! How the h*ll will we know whether medically need to or not? I was so scared cos spinal tap sounds so major right. Was brawling my eyes out till my Gynae saw me on his rounds, then he helped us read my boy's charts, n told us no need. Damn cannot make lor this PD. She was assigned to us, she practices at Mt E too. My boy when born the apgar is swee swee leh, 9 at one min n 10 at five mins. Then he for no reason kena so much antibiotics. Seriously hope no permanent damage to his liver. Our new PD is great, she hates to give meds, haha, she will just tell us if need to worry or not everytime we raised a concern, n so far always nothing to worry, n true enough it will usually resolve within a day or 2.

Ladies, can advise on the first or even 2nd night after birth, do you rest through the night or will the nurse bring your bb to you for latching? Do we have to request? Very clueless about this and never read anyone mention what happens at night at hospital ley

Should be our choice. At least for our case, the nurse mentioned & asked. For latching, first time the nurse taught us, then next morning got lactation consultant came into our room to guide and explain things.

Ladies, can advise on the first or even 2nd night after birth, do you rest through the night or will the nurse bring your bb to you for latching? Do we have to request? Very clueless about this and never read anyone mention what happens at night at hospital ley
For me delivery via csect in late afternoon. I rest on the 1st night. Too exhausted n painful too move. Only early morning then I latched Bb. So Bb 1st feed is FM using cup

TMC will push baby to let you latch. If u need rest u can tell them don't push baby to you in the night. I prefer to rest through the night for recovery cos when u go home u won't have enough rest.

Ya! It's a choice you can make. Maybe good to rest for a good 1-2 days before the start of sleepless nights. Usually when it's time to feed, the nurse will push the kid to your ward

Ya best is she can tell me maybe it's meningitis, need to do a spinal tap to confirm, but it's up to us parents if we want to do the tap. She wouldn't commit when we asked her if she thinks its necessary, keep on saying its up to us. WTH! How the h*ll will we know whether medically need to or not? I was so scared cos spinal tap sounds so major right. Was brawling my eyes out till my Gynae saw me on his rounds, then he helped us read my boy's charts, n told us no need. Damn cannot make lor this PD. She was assigned to us, she practices at Mt E too. My boy when born the apgar is swee swee leh, 9 at one min n 10 at five mins. Then he for no reason kena so much antibiotics. Seriously hope no permanent damage to his liver. Our new PD is great, she hates to give meds, haha, she will just tell us if need to worry or not everytime we raised a concern, n so far always nothing to worry, n true enough it will usually resolve within a day or 2.
Meningitis???!!! I would have fainted at this term too! Good choice that your changed PD! Cannot afford to have so many heart attacks

Ya! It's a choice you can make. Maybe good to rest for a good 1-2 days before the start of sleepless nights. Usually when it's time to feed, the nurse will push the kid to your ward
Now Kkh practise room in. Meaning if you choose BF. They will left the bb to sleep with u. Unless u inform that to push back to nursery.

Now Kkh practise room in. Meaning if you choose BF. They will left the bb to sleep with u. Unless u inform that to push back to nursery.

Dawn I heard dr Loh is going for holiday about two weeks. U may want to check with him. Just worried u deliver when he not around.

Dawn I heard dr Loh is going for holiday about two weeks. U may want to check with him. Just worried u deliver when he not around.
Thanks for checking on me. Not 2 wks. He is away on vacation from 6 Aug but back in SG 11 Aug though on leave from clinic till 13 Aug. All covered. Dr Loh checked this week and very unlikely I'll due next week. My next wed check up is with Dr Jonathan Wee which I feel assured as I saw him at week 5 and he has excellent reviews. If really due while dr Loh away, all my papers and medical records ready le and Dr Wee will attend lor. Bo bian liao so now it's up to baby's fate with whichever doc hehe

Gotta Q also...that time my hubs Q for quite sometime. Depends on timing also la
I think this year less babies. Your nos 1 born is Gd year. During my stay at Kkh, I choose B1 4bedder. Ended up 2night nobody. I 1person to the whole ward. The A1ward is so crowded. Heehee my Lo still run around in the ward n play with the nurses. But this time there is student nurse around

Thanks for checking on me. Not 2 wks. He is away on vacation from 6 Aug but back in SG 11 Aug though on leave from clinic till 13 Aug. All covered. Dr Loh checked this week and very unlikely I'll due next week. My next wed check up is with Dr Jonathan Wee which I feel assured as I saw him at week 5 and he has excellent reviews. If really due while dr Loh away, all my papers and medical records ready le and Dr Wee will attend lor. Bo bian liao so now it's up to baby's fate with whichever doc hehe

Ya let baby choose haha

Back