Urgent advice needed on transfer and incoming maid

starnight

Dear all,

My previous Filipino maid was sent to the agent last Thursday and I agreed to let her transfer. The agent promised me it will be done by this week but till today work permit still under my name.
And my new maid which I hired from another agent has already entered Singapore last Friday on 26 July and I brought her back since then.

The new maid's agency told me they can't apply for my new Indon maid work permit till my previous Filipino maid is transferred to another employer. The previous maid agency keeps telling me he has some problem with documentation so can't promise me when he can transfer the Filipino out.

I called MOM and they told me I only have 14 days to apply for the work permit of the new Indon maid and since she arrived on the 26 July and there's 2 public holidays next week, I must apply for her work permit latest by 7 Aug otherwise her work permit will be revoked and I may end up with an overstaying fine...However, the new maid agency told me for new maids entering to Singapore, they have around 20 days to apply for new work permits and all along they never encountered any problem.

I am adding pressure to the Filipino's maid agency to transfer out from myname by Monday 5 Aug otherwise I will cancel her work permit and send her back.

Appreciate those experienced can advise me asap whether which is correct. MOM said 14 days upon arrival, must submit for work permit but agency told me I have turnaround time of 20 days...

Many thanks in advance!

Hi starnight, you can just cancel your previous maid permit on 5Aug since you have given extra time to the agency; don't need to be in distress and proceed to apply work permit for your new maid. All the best!

Back