Twins due in 2008?

bb2609, problem is my girls, no matter how u wake them.. they will still be in their dream land... hiaz. But one good thing is by 11.30pm, they will go and zzzz...

Ava, how much woodward gripe water can i give them? It is very hard to feed my girls with all these.. they tend to spit out everything.. rgrgrggr!!

Mummies, since Monday I had been experiencing 1.5hrly feed with my girls. Every 1.5hr they can drink 80 to 100ml of FM and when i try to increase their feed, they cannot finish. Any advise? My milk powder going very fast.. hubby bought a dozen of nan ha1 from supplier and now already 6 tins gone. Every 4 days 1 tin.. faintz...

pureblis
sorry i'm not the one who feeds gripewater! there are instructions on the box i think? i used to feed it to my son 4 years ago but can't remember how much! :p

Hi Ladies, I cant wait to join u all on the breastfeeding topic. I shld be due in late Jan. Hoping to keep my Twins in as long as 37 - 28 weeks.

Do you feed water to ur babies? I was told if u feed breastmilk no need for water?

I went on shoping spree. Both newbaby clothes from Mothercare, they are smaller than 0-3months its more for newborns. worried the Twins will swim in their 0-3months clothes. heheheh.. So ex everything. Robinson's 20% is worth it. both a few things there.

I bought Pigion breast pads. Are they good? what are u ladies using?

Ur babies will be close to 3months by the time I come in with mine. hehehhee.. Will ask u guys for help for sure!
happy.gif

More pics of ur babies pls.. Its so motivating.. hehehehe..

Twinnies
You should join more BPs on the forum for baby clothes...MUCH cheaper and nicer stuff from overseas!!

Jiayou on Jan EDD!!!

I use Pigeon too...swear by them for FB and now!

here's another pic: (since u asked so nicely LOL)
1874830.jpg

Purebliss:
I"m the one who feeds woodwards la heehee... according to instructions it's 1 teaspoon for 1-6mths old, but i only feed 1/2 teaspoon followed by 1/2 teaspoon of plain water after that...and i use a spoon and slowly bit by bit let them 'lap' it up.

Feeding:
If you're not sure about feeding time/amount it's better to call the KK Ask-a-nurse hotline... the nurses are very helpful and often advise me on baby matters on the phone
happy.gif
(it's 1900-5568773 if you need it.)

Twinnies:
No I don feed water cos yes, it is said that BM has got lots of water already...

i used Pureen/Avent (washable) breastpads
happy.gif
quite good! but sometimes after too much washing it may become 'furry' and some fibre will stick onto nipples lor...:p I got a lot of extras cos boobs always leak when i take hot bath/drink hot soups etc...very ma fan! hahaha

Yes do come back here and share your experience with us!!!! In the meantime JIA YOU JIA YOU!!!!!

Ava, your girls are so cute. can't wait to see mine.. but still have to tahan another 5weeks!

finally started on bed rest this week. jus can't concentrate at work anymore. been feeling so heavy now, even sleeping is a problem.

to all mommmies who have given birth, how do you cope with bed rest? and what is the best position to sleep? i jus feel so lifeless and no energy to do anything. can't walk far now...even sitting and sleeping is a problem. jus can't find a comfortable position. so miserable. think i may jus slip into pre-natal depression soon
sad.gif

Hi Jas:
you're not alone...when i'm in 3rd trimester sleep becomes very difficult too! Sleeping on the back is out, so i only can lie on sides or semi-lying with pillows propped behind. Not to mention frequent get-ups for the loo...really depressing too...

yup i can't walk far too! even taking a stroll downstairs for 15 min is too much for me...so only can walk walk at home
sad.gif
feel like prisoner man...

don't give up...keep experimenting with bolsters/pillows to find the most comfy position to get some sleep cos you really need rest now
happy.gif
don't do anymore housework..leave it to others! Now is your most "luxurious" rest time cos after labour = no more rest!! (i believe this NOW!) do cheer yourself up with your favourite food/snacks/online games/DVDs and you can make it thru!
happy.gif

JIA YOU JIA YOU!!! We're all here for you!!

hi mommies of twins, may i know how do u latch on your twins? One at a time? Isit one twin at one breast for 15mins then the other twin on the other breast for 15mins also? Do we hv to offer the other breast to the first twin if he still wants some more? Then the second twin wun hv enuf right? I m still very confused abt tis bfg thing for twins....

hahah, many thanks Ava. How old are ur girls?? They are so cute n big.. thats really good...

Thanks for all the encouragement ladies..... I cant wait to see my twins but only want to see them end of Jan or early feb, nothing earlier. hehehehe.. want them to be safe n healthy b4 coming out to meet me n my hb. heheheh
happy.gif

Hi ladies, i'm clearing some maternity stuffs..
Pickup @ SENGKANG MRT or Blk 291A Compassvale Street.

1887851.jpg

Pureen Sterilising Tablets
Maternity Pads
Non-rinse shampoo for confinement period
FrisoMUM milk powder
C-section plaster dressing

Pls see details here: (copy whole link)
http://flickr.com/photos/26366252@N05/sets/72157609217549614/

if interested pls let me know!
happy.gif

twinnies
my gals are almost 11 weeks now.
happy.gif
have not been taking many recent pics. I think that pic was taken around 6-7 weeks old when they sill had their hair.

hi mummies who gave birth...anybody staying with MILs? I'm quite irritated sometimes by mine cos she's incharge of my boy, and cos she's got not much to do @ my place, she'll often 'stick' to my boy and always talk and coo with him, whereas I'd like the kids to be 'independently' lying in the cot and 'entertain' themselves. I'm in charge of my girl, so i have trained her to lie in the cot by herself so i can do housework...whereas now the boy constantly wants someone to entertain him (which, when MIL goes back, he'll be v fussy & me & hubby will be very busy!) Sometimes i have to tell my MIL off jokingly to leave him alone, but i feel bad cos she's put in effort to care for him...Sorry to rant... but anybody experience this?? *haiz........

Hi bb2609,

I do not stay with MIL but they come over during wkend. I have similar experience also. Where baby cries, they will be picked up rather quickly. Or at any pt, smone will be playing wif them. I have already given up on training the boys to be independent now but also thankful that someone is there to take care and ease the load off me and husband during wkends.

vine/bb2609
don't worry about it too much, esp if it's in the day...the playing is mental and visual stimulation anyway..but try to maintain the training at night time for peace of mind (and longer sleep!)...
happy.gif

hey all, have been MIA for a while. I don't log on much when I am at home and when I am online, I am trawling for new jobs as I really need to find one by CNY or just after that. I mentioned that I was let go right? On my first day back to work...

Also, the mumbai victim Hwei Yen was a friend - her hb is a really good friend of ours (law school and hostel mate) so we've been a bit frazzled and disoriented with what's happened...

Babies are growing really fast and I still don't spend as much time with them as I should...dunno why...not as attached to them as I think I should be...hopefully as they get more mobile etc I will also become more attached....SIGH...makes me sad to think that I am not attached to them that much...

Have not taken many pics...so nothing to post up here...how about the rest???

Ava, i m sorry to hear tt u were let go on the 1st day back to work. Hope u will get a new job soon. Abt the mumbai victim, it is very saddening to all of us too. Hope u n your hubby will heal from tis loss soon.

Gv yourself some time, u will eventually feel more attached to your bbs.
happy.gif

I m into my 36wks now...doc said i might gv birth anytime from now. Boy is already head dwn so i will try natural.
happy.gif

ava, i oso feel the boys r nt as attached to me as much as I thought it shd be, maybe bec i only bring them bk during wkend. and even so, our attention can only be on 1 kid at 1 time, thus is natural to feel that way i guess.

i m sure ur babies nw r very fun to play with rite? 1 of my boys r 75 percentile in weight, heavy!

hi mummies

my elder ger is back since 2 wks ago. Have been so busy with her that i do not have time to post. My smaller ger is still in hospt & it has been already 1 month, haiz, sob sob
sad.gif

Doctor say they will be doing the blood transfusion for her today. I just hope that she will not drop her weight further. Her weight has drop to 1.9kg today and i really pray hard for her weight to go up more before she can be home with us.

Anyone can let me know when to increase my baby feed? My ger is taking 45ml when discharge but till now i still have not really increase her feed. Can anyone let me know?? Me totally lost on this. Help Help

By the way, any good massage lady to recommend as well?

Hi girl,

u can try to increase the feed little by little, as long as she does not show signs that she does not wanna eat anymore, or does not vomit, it is fine.

Your girl is at KK? blue or pink section?

NZ: well done. so ur twins shld b of v good weight now. do u know how heavy r they? I'm in my 35wk now...finally. hope can tahan another week. been feeling more contraction now, so am ventolin. but one of the placenta is v low, so gynae says most likely will b c-section
sad.gif
. i really wld hv hope for natural.

Ava/Vine: am sure the bb bonding will grow stronger when they r older. maybe cos there is 2, so attention is bit more difficult. i'm also worried if i can feel as attached to the twins as i m with my first boy now.

Hi Jas, was thinking abt u the other day coz we r abt the same timing. I m 36wks now. As per last chkup, both my twins hv reached 2kg. My boy is head dwn so my gynae said will try natural. I hv bn on nifedipine and progesterone since week20 but gynae asked me to stop now coz he wants to induce me latest by nxt week. Try talking to your bbs and ask them to cooperate so tt mummy can go natural..
happy.gif

girl80, how r your bbs?

girl80, sorry din c your earlier post. will pray for your younger girl to put on weight and be home wth u soon. The massage lady contact tt i hv is only avail in Jan09. U can pm me if u dun mind waiting tt long.

Hi Mummies

My younger twin is finally home yesterday. Yeah yeah yeah
happy.gif

My sleepless nights begins. HaHa. So tiring and busy but i am happy
happy.gif

1960439.jpg

Hi Mummies, Im 30 weeks now, told my gyny my tummy tighting quiet abit. He precribe Ventolin 3 times aday. I have been taking it. cant really tell much difference.

When did u guys start on Ventolin? I think mine is just braxton hicks! Hope so very worried its preterm labour.

Congrats Girl80 on having both ur babies back!

Hi Ava

Dunno why cannot post bigger photo leh. Keep say exceed the size limit. Alamak. By the way, where did you purchase the dresses for your twins in the photo posted above?

This weekend going to hold their belated full month celebration but all the clothes i bought for them seem to be too big. Anyone got any idea where i can get those especially small newborn dresses for my twins?

Twinnies,
Im 28 weeks now. also having tummy tightening each time lasting about 10 to 30 seconds (varies). gynae also prescribe me with ventolin and i had my 1st steriod jab today in case of premature birth.

Ladies,
i was told to go back tomorrow for the 2nd jab. Are the 2 jabs to be done within 24 hrs interval?

Hi Girl80, congrates!~

Very very busy with the girls now. I finally given in to sarong.. hahaha!! Cos apparently my twin 1 is a bit slanted..due to the sleeping position. I tried turning her to the other side but somehow she manage to wriggle her way to another space where she can sleep with her preference side. My twin 2, overweight! 95 percentile and PD told me she is "ah bui" and I guess she really match the nickname my hubby had been giving her since birth. Her "merlion" condition is getting better because we put in more effort in feeding her like, burp feed burp feed. Now both of them can drink up to 110 ml to 130ml per feed.

Hiaz.. still unable to train the girls to sleep thru the nite.. piangz! So poor mummy got to get up every 3 to 4 hr to feed them.

Now really hardly have to time for my own since taking care 2 infants and 1 toddler.

The girls pic as of 25 Nov 2008...

1965750.jpg

girl80
Those dresses were sewn by my MIL's friend!!! we couldnt find nice dresses for their manyue in the shops...unless we we wanted to spend a bomb on designer dresses, which we didn't..

new pics
1967109.jpg

Summer

1967110.jpg

Anais

Ava

Wah, so good leh. I had a hard time now. Dunno what to dress them for their coming celebration this sat & sun leh. Thought of going to Kiddy Palace but all seems to be quite big also leh. Haiz

hi ladies,
i feel lesser fetus movement. is this normal at 28 weeks? there is still movements, just lesser kicks. can run out of space for movement such early? worried
sad.gif

yck
I had that too. If you are really worried go to see doc for monitoring of heartbeat. all the best!

girl80
In the end, we let them wear nice onesies for the clebration cos the dresses made them look strange at the time (looked better after a few weeks and more bakbak)

YCK, i also had that too.. go back to ur gynae and let her check. Dun worry.

Ava, one of my ger head " YY " ( dialect ) how to correct it? Very serious "YY" cos her face also slanted. I try to put her head to sleep on the other side but apparently that fellow dun like it and can cry throughout the nite. Put her in sarong will help or not?

ava, purebliss,
will they resume their activeness? you gals went for check also when you feel lesser movements or wait till the next appointment?

yck, they will lor when they are bigger like 31 weeks. U will feel irritated by then.. HAHAHA!! When I am 28 weeks plus, my gers not moving for 2 days, so i call my gynae and she asked me down to check.. pay extra.. no choice. Cos not schedule

yck
I went before my next visit cos i was worried.

purebliss
how is it waiwai? if because of neck tightness on one side so head always tilted to one side, need o see physio to get it sorted out...i did that for my son (it helps that my mom is a physio!)....you can get referral from doc. Or if u want, my friend is a physio who treats babies and kids.

Ava, i think is her sleeping pattern.. She always prefer one side and now her head grow in a way WAI WAI... now I throw her into the sarong and sleep to see if it can correct the head structure.. My PD says it will help... hiaz.

My baby is now 4months. yes i notice i'm dropping hair. its normal. cos during pregnancy we grew 'extra' hair, and now its dropping. hormone changing.

I was reading your posts.. to share with you babies actually like gripe water cos its sweet. i'm giving my boy grip water by mixing with water. about 1 teaspoon to 80ml water. its my way to make him drink more water too haha cos hes on total FM might get heaty.

Back