Trying to conceive 2020

What do you mean by DH? Dear Hubby? haha.... I did not make appt at Polyclinic, I went super early at 7.30am, line up and saw the doc at 8am myself, told him I want referral and he just key in the info. Then later that day I received the appt sms, then I called to see if there are earlier appts for the subsidised slots. You and your hubby should go together to see the Dr at the public hospital so Dr can advise.

Just to share, hubby went polyclinic together w me and the doctor asked both of us questions pertaining to our health and tcc journey. Probably good to go together!

Yup DH -> dear hubby. >.<
Okay. Will go with him together on my appointment and see what the doctor says. Thanks both of your advice ;)

I will share my process here too;) I think the wait will be long for all appointments. Hopefully we can hang on and receive good news

Yup DH -> dear hubby. >.Okay. Will go with him together on my appointment and see what the doctor says. Thanks both of your advice ;)

I will share my process here too;) I think the wait will be long for all appointments. Hopefully we can hang on and receive good news
The appointments and waiting time is indeed long.. we went polyclinic jul 2019 and got our qppt with kkh abt 2 months later, started all the tests and went for our first iui Dec 2019, failed and wanted to start our ivf then covid happen plus all the waiting time we only managed to start our ivf sep this year.

Must really cultivate some patience lol I was so impatient when we first started, now still feel that way on and off but trying to take it easy as much as I can.

Let's jia you and hang on together!

The appointments and waiting time is indeed long.. we went polyclinic jul 2019 and got our qppt with kkh abt 2 months later, started all the tests and went for our first iui Dec 2019, failed and wanted to start our ivf then covid happen plus all the waiting time we only managed to start our ivf sep this year.

Must really cultivate some patience lol I was so impatient when we first started, now still feel that way on and off but trying to take it easy as much as I can.

Let's jia you and hang on together!
Now I'm also worried about the waiting time. Previously when I did IUI in Thompson just needed to wait till next cycle and you can do. Now I want to do IVF at KKH, after all the tests, I think maybe in Jan 2021 I can do the ER then perhaps only Feb 2021 I can go for the implantation.
Anyone can explain what does it mean by fresh cycle? Is it implant right after ER?

Hi all! Would like to join.. TTC fr almost 2 years (did laparascopy for endometriosis in June & hoping to conceive soon), did fail IVF this year as well.. going to try naturally for now as I’m below 30...

For those taking BBT,
Wondering how many days past ovulation will your temp stay high before your periods come? Mine at day 10 past ovulation start declining alr.. and I read that it’s due to Low progesterone, is it true?

Now I'm also worried about the waiting time. Previously when I did IUI in Thompson just needed to wait till next cycle and you can do. Now I want to do IVF at KKH, after all the tests, I think maybe in Jan 2021 I can do the ER then perhaps only Feb 2021 I can go for the implantation.
Anyone can explain what does it mean by fresh cycle? Is it implant right after ER?

After u have cleared all the tests and can do IVF already u have to attend a IVF briefing/counselling first before u can proceed. After doctor give clearance for IVF u have to wait for the nurse to call u again to arrange for this briefing which maybe will delay a month or 2 cos of COVID they limit the number of people attending.

KKIVF will close for CNY during February next year but actual dates I’m not sure.

Fresh cycle means you can do an embryo transfer (ET) after ER in the same cycle. Mostly determined by your lining and progesterone if everything looks good and with embryo suitable for transfer ET will take place likely Day 5 (blastocyst) after ER.

Hi Ladies,

Don't give up hope! I conceived my 1st baby after close to 10yrs of trying! Failed several ivf and even iui. Went for health check but we both no problem. Went TCM also and doesn't really work. After that I went into a 90 days program thing I googled online, and with the help of fertility massage, I managed to conceived!

Yes. Like JL8118 recommended, Angelia is one of them. But her schedule can be real hard to get sometimes, as she got a lot of business. If searched this forum, there are few others also. I have one recommended too, but well, is a guy though. So unless you are keen, you can pm me for the contact.
Hi Pls share the 90 day program. thank you.

I think once u start the process the retrieval to transfer wouldn't take too long. The longer waiting time is usually before u start anything.

Yeps! Fresh is implant few days after ER.

Hi Pls share the 90 day program. thank you.

It's shared in this thread...

Nope mine was natural. When I stopped the progesterone support I started bleeding quite a lot already. So during the next check up my gynae said most are gone already. Just gave me 1 pill to clear any remaining clots.

Ya she told me to wait 2 cycles. My TCM said wait 3 cycles. So I waited coz I rather my body be strong enough first rather than later going through another mc and maybe I might be super depressed after that.

Yes, u will get better emotionally after awhile. Initially I could just start crying when I think about it especially when I shower (coz my hubby can't see) but now I can talk about it relatively normally. You can try Yue Zhi Le confinement if u want to do a mini confinement. I thought their food quite good and the portion is so huge! Could share some with my hubby. They also provide the longan red dates for u.

I asked my gynae about it during my follow-up review and she said best to wait 1 cycle till my period returns naturally before trying again. But if I get pregnant immediately before my period returns, also shouldn’t have any complications. So no harm trying immediately again.

did your period take long to return? I’m still tracking my hcg at home using pregnancy test to see if it’s coming down. Doc says no need to do anymore blood test for it. But if hcg levels don’t drop till low enough then won’t ovulate. :confused:

I didn’t order any confinement food. I’m eating TCM meds to bu and tiao my hormones back to normal, and also drinking red dates, longan and ginger tea every day. My sinseh told me to drink 十全大补汤 Everyday also.

Hi all! Would like to join.. TTC fr almost 2 years (did laparascopy for endometriosis in June & hoping to conceive soon), did fail IVF this year as well.. going to try naturally for now as I’m below 30...

For those taking BBT,
Wondering how many days past ovulation will your temp stay high before your periods come? Mine at day 10 past ovulation start declining alr.. and I read that it’s due to Low progesterone, is it true?

hi, I’m not sure if low progesterone is the sole factor for your temp drop, but the temp declines before period if you’re not pregnant. just before your period comes, progesterone levels will drop which causes your period to come

Hey dear, i am soooo sorry to hear about this. I will be devastated too :( i wish i can give u a big hug... 1 out of 4 is more than i expected, but yes i do have friends who mc at 6 weeks and then smooth the 2nd time. I hope you get some good rest, a mini confinement and ready to try again.
I feel nothing... my CM is kinda creamy white now but i think thats norm for me. No sore boobs nor pressure in abdomen so i really think the blackmores screwed up my cycle... i MIGHT visit the gynae to induce period if i still no period this weekend + BFN.

Hi Reina, have you tested? Any good news?

Hi Reina, have you tested? Any good news?
Hi dear, Thanks for following up on me. I was just thinking about checking in on you last night but thought to let you recover first.

yes i tested a few days back and got a faint positive...!! I have not told my partner at all and going to see a gynae myself next tuesday to confirm.. my last period was 10 sep. i still feel nothing, ZERO symptoms and very fine everyday...!! I “gave up” last cycle so i didnt track bbt no opk n didnt go TCM regularly... i don’t know what to feel now. Also i have pcos so i still think it might be late cos i started blackmores last cycle which is known for causing delayed period.
And i’m also worried about early mc so i don’t want to have expectations and didnt buy another test kit to try. I will enjoy my weekend until next tue at the gynae!
Good that you are drinking longan red date tea, i think just that n eating healthy food is good enough, and of cos lots of rest. I think can just try without expectations in ur next cycle.

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Unlike some of you ladies here, I haven't TTC but cos of my age (39 and HB is 40), I am going to TFC for a fertility check, just to make sure that we are able to conceive. Thought we should do it early so that if we know that we need help, we can start planning and que already.

In the email that TFC sent me, they said that the blood test needs to be done on certain days of my menstrual cycle? But my friend told me there is no need, anyone can advise? And any other advice for preparation for the check?

TIA to all.

Hi dear, Thanks for following up on me. I was just thinking about checking in on you last night but thought to let you recover first.

yes i tested a few days back and got a faint positive...!! I have not told my partner at all and going to see a gynae myself next tuesday to confirm.. my last period was 10 sep. i still feel nothing, ZERO symptoms and very fine everyday...!! I “gave up” last cycle so i didnt track bbt no opk n didnt go TCM regularly... i don’t know what to feel now. Also i have pcos so i still think it might be late cos i started blackmores last cycle which is known for causing delayed period.
And i’m also worried about early mc so i don’t want to have expectations and didnt buy another test kit to try. I will enjoy my weekend until next tue at the gynae!
Good that you are drinking longan red date tea, i think just that n eating healthy food is good enough, and of cos lots of rest. I think can just try without expectations in ur next cycle.
Wow that’s good news!! Is this your first bfp? This means that your body can get preggy naturally without letrozole!! Tts good news too!! This also shows that no stress is best!

if your LMP is 10 Sep, then you should be almost 7 weeks now? The hcg test should be dark positive cos hcg levels should be quite high alrd. Next week if you’re doing ultrasound should be able to see heartbeat. unless you ovulated later really late then you might not be as far along.

im also eating my TCM meds besides the tea. The meds suppose to help ‘bu’ my body. Also next week plan to start drinking the herbal soups tt my sinseh told me to everyday. Hopefully it will help with my old ailment of blood circulation being not so good. Other than that, my sinseh said my body condition was not really affected by the miscarriage. Thankfully!! I wasworried that my body might go haywire and cause delays/impact on my upcoming cycle

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Unlike some of you ladies here, I haven't TTC but cos of my age (39 and HB is 40), I am going to TFC for a fertility check, just to make sure that we are able to conceive. Thought we should do it early so that if we know that we need help, we can start planning and que already.

In the email that TFC sent me, they said that the blood test needs to be done on certain days of my menstrual cycle? But my friend told me there is no need, anyone can advise? And any other advice for preparation for the check?

TIA to all.

Hi, yes it’s true that the blood test has to be done on specific days of the cycle. This is to test for specific levels of hormones that one is supposed to have during different parts of the cycle. If you’re going for HSG, it also has to be done on specific cycle dates.Nothing to prepare, just inform your doc on your cycle dates and they will let you know which day to attend which test

Wow that’s good news!! Is this your first bfp? This means that your body can get preggy naturally without letrozole!! Tts good news too!! This also shows that no stress is best!

if your LMP is 10 Sep, then you should be almost 7 weeks now? The hcg test should be dark positive cos hcg levels should be quite high alrd. Next week if you’re doing ultrasound should be able to see heartbeat. unless you ovulated later really late then you might not be as far along.

im also eating my TCM meds besides the tea. The meds suppose to help ‘bu’ my body. Also next week plan to start drinking the herbal soups tt my sinseh told me to everyday. Hopefully it will help with my old ailment of blood circulation being not so good. Other than that, my sinseh said my body condition was not really affected by the miscarriage. Thankfully!! I wasworried that my body might go haywire and cause delays/impact on my upcoming cycle
Yes i should be 7 weeks now, but i don’t know when i ovulated also lol. The line is def more faint than control line, which ya, should not be the case for 7 weeks right? Maybe its an impending mc.... i used a no brand china test kit, came free with a bunch of OPK strips. I didnt buy anymore to confirm! Will just wait for the gynae appt on tue since i will def go regardless i still test or not, let the blood test tell the results.

Yes its my first BFP without letrozol!! Im shocked too, was going to start clomid already. I still feel normal n fine today, nothing in my body seems to have changed...

Anyway, great to heart that ur body condition is not affected!!

Yes i should be 7 weeks now, but i don’t know when i ovulated also lol. The line is def more faint than control line, which ya, should not be the case for 7 weeks right? Maybe its an impending mc.... i used a no brand china test kit, came free with a bunch of OPK strips. I didnt buy anymore to confirm! Will just wait for the gynae appt on tue since i will def go regardless i still test or not, let the blood test tell the results.

Yes its my first BFP without letrozol!! Im shocked too, was going to start clomid already. I still feel normal n fine today, nothing in my body seems to have changed...

Anyway, great to heart that ur body condition is not affected!!

If you ovulated on time then rightfully by 7 weeks, it should be a dark positive already. Some ladies also say it should be a dye stealer? Like the test line is so dark that it steals the dye from control line, so the test line will appear even darker than control line.

But maybe the China made test nt so accurate? My hcg test (no brand, prob China made) at 6 weeks was pretty dark but not as dark as control line, but for clear blue since week 4 it was blazing positive alrd. Super dark within seconds. So maybe it could be the test, or maybe you’re not 7 weeks cos you ovulated really late. Faint positive test usually means you’re just preggy only, like around 4 weeks cos the hcg levels are low so the line is faint positive. But a positive is still a positive!

Hi, yes it’s true that the blood test has to be done on specific days of the cycle. This is to test for specific levels of hormones that one is supposed to have during different parts of the cycle. If you’re going for HSG, it also has to be done on specific cycle dates.Nothing to prepare, just inform your doc on your cycle dates and they will let you know which day to attend which test

Thanks for the info, my menstrual cycle not very accurate, so most probably have to work with the hospital to see when I will drop in and draw blood. :)

hi, I’m not sure if low progesterone is the sole factor for your temp drop, but the temp declines before period if you’re not pregnant. just before your period comes, progesterone levels will drop which causes your period to come
Thanks for reply! Yep my period came 2 days later hahah. Jiayou in TTC! I was w Dr Su Funan for awhile.. but somehow one of my cycle I face mid cycle menses (but it was also right after a failed IVF cycle).. now im with Tan Kian Seng @ Clementi. Hope you'll succeed under dr Su

Thanks for reply! Yep my period came 2 days later hahah. Jiayou in TTC! I was w Dr Su Funan for awhile.. but somehow one of my cycle I face mid cycle menses (but it was also right after a failed IVF cycle).. now im with Tan Kian Seng @ Clementi. Hope you'll succeed under dr Su
Thanks! Actually I did succeed under Dr Su. I was seeing her since Aug last year but I was not consistently in going back for review. I usually only visit her once a month, so only get 12 days of meds for one cycle, instead of full cycle. How about you?

then I realised most ladies tt had good news went to see her consecutively every 2 weeks. So I did that for 2 cycles and the second cycle I got preggy alrd. Just tt it ended in mmc 2 weeks ago. My gynae said it was likely due to chromosome abnormality and it happens to 1 in 4 pregnancies, so nothing I could have done. :confused:

Ladies, I need some advice. So I’m having irregular cycles since April this year and I’m now CD 38 (my longest cycle has been 38 days) with negative pregnancy test. I’m positive I ovulated as we checked with the gynae and he scanned - confirmed there was a corpus Luteum seen after ovulation.
My basal temperature is still elevated. Could I still be pregnant?

Thanks! Actually I did succeed under Dr Su. I was seeing her since Aug last year but I was not consistently in going back for review. I usually only visit her once a month, so only get 12 days of meds for one cycle, instead of full cycle. How about you?

then I realised most ladies tt had good news went to see her consecutively every 2 weeks. So I did that for 2 cycles and the second cycle I got preggy alrd. Just tt it ended in mmc 2 weeks ago. My gynae said it was likely due to chromosome abnormality and it happens to 1 in 4 pregnancies, so nothing I could have done. :confused:
I saw her 2 weeks in June, then 2 weeks in Sep, but my gynae suspected TCM meds as the cause of mid cycle menses so I stopped haha.. maybe I will go back 2-3 months later if Tan Kian Sing TCM can’t help..

Ladies, I need some advice. So I’m having irregular cycles since April this year and I’m now CD 38 (my longest cycle has been 38 days) with negative pregnancy test. I’m positive I ovulated as we checked with the gynae and he scanned - confirmed there was a corpus Luteum seen after ovulation.
My basal temperature is still elevated. Could I still be pregnant?

Hi, your period sld arrive around 14 days after ovulation. If you know your ovulation date, you can gauge when your period is arriving and then test for hcg once you are a day late and more. Bbt being elevated is a good sign, but I heard it’s not a guaranteed sign. If your hcg test is negative after 3 weeks from ovulation, then quite likely not pregnant. Although I have come across a few cases where ladies only get their bfp on 19 or 20DPO but it’s quite rare.

I saw her 2 weeks in June, then 2 weeks in Sep, but my gynae suspected TCM meds as the cause of mid cycle menses so I stopped haha.. maybe I will go back 2-3 months later if Tan Kian Sing TCM can’t help..
Tan Kian sing is also a famous TCM? I think I’ve seen this name on other TTC forums. I’m not sure if the TCM meds causes mid cycle menses but definitely could, cos the herbs have effects on our hormones

Tan Kian sing is also a famous TCM? I think I’ve seen this name on other TTC forums. I’m not sure if the TCM meds causes mid cycle menses but definitely could, cos the herbs have effects on our hormones
Yep he is more famous for male infertility, but there’re ladies who succeed quickly w him too!

do you ladies BD immediately upon seeing a positive ovulation test? I always spam, 3-4 days straight but This month I tried one day BEFORE positive test, and one day AFTER the positive test (wanted to keep the volume/ sperm for when the egg is released)- since the egg itself can last 12-24 hours after the release... not sure if it works this way!

Yep he is more famous for male infertility, but there’re ladies who succeed quickly w him too!

do you ladies BD immediately upon seeing a positive ovulation test? I always spam, 3-4 days straight but This month I tried one day BEFORE positive test, and one day AFTER the positive test (wanted to keep the volume/ sperm for when the egg is released)- since the egg itself can last 12-24 hours after the release... not sure if it works this way!
I’m on SMEP, so once I see positive OPK, I need to BD 3 consecutive nights then rest one day and BD one more time. I also take bbt to ensure I actually O and when.

I think either of ur ways could work. I’ve read ladies getting preggy from either way. Some just BD EOD for fertile week, which worked for them too. No matter which way, it just takes one sperm and abit of luck!

I’m on SMEP, so once I see positive OPK, I need to BD 3 consecutive nights then rest one day and BD one more time. I also take bbt to ensure I actually O and when.

I think either of ur ways could work. I’ve read ladies getting preggy from either way. Some just BD EOD for fertile week, which worked for them too. No matter which way, it just takes one sperm and abit of luck!
Thanks fr sharing! Ya.. I’ve friends who don’t even calculate all these and still get preggy by accident mmmm!

in my TWW now! Bt just feels like it’s never going to happen for me. Sigh.

Hi all,
I'm new here. Greatly need your advice on the process of getting referral to do IVF in KK.

I'm 32 and DH is 47. We have been ttc for 2 years +, and seeing private Dr from Gleneagles since January this year. Long story short, we decided to switch to KK because of gov subsidy for IVF. But the Dr attended to us said the earliest possible date will be Feb next year if we start queuing now. In the end he did not refer us to IVF because I'm still young (but I'm so desperate! ). Instead he asked us to do scan, blood test and semen analysis again. Next Dr appt will be 2 months later in Jan 2021. I understand that next time will be seen by another random Dr. What if next round the Dr still refused to refer us to IVF? Is there any way to expedite the process ??

Background: My left fallopian tube is partially blocked and I often ovulate from the left side (5 out of 6 cycles). Dr said my left ovary is too dominant. So despite having good follicle size and uterine lining, we failed all the monitored cycles with ovulation trigger shot & timed intercourse. Currently we are trying letrozole + IUI for 3 cycles. But chances are very slim coz letrozole will not make me ovulate from the right (good side). Clomid & SO-IUI is not an option too because of higher risk of developing ectopic pregnancy.

Appreciate your advice TIA!

Hi all,
I'm new here. Greatly need your advice on the process of getting referral to do IVF in KK.

I'm 32 and DH is 47. We have been ttc for 2 years +, and seeing private Dr from Gleneagles since January this year. Long story short, we decided to switch to KK because of gov subsidy for IVF. But the Dr attended to us said the earliest possible date will be Feb next year if we start queuing now. In the end he did not refer us to IVF because I'm still young (but I'm so desperate! ). Instead he asked us to do scan, blood test and semen analysis again. Next Dr appt will be 2 months later in Jan 2021. I understand that next time will be seen by another random Dr. What if next round the Dr still refused to refer us to IVF? Is there any way to expedite the process ??

Background: My left fallopian tube is partially blocked and I often ovulate from the left side (5 out of 6 cycles). Dr said my left ovary is too dominant. So despite having good follicle size and uterine lining, we failed all the monitored cycles with ovulation trigger shot & timed intercourse. Currently we are trying letrozole + IUI for 3 cycles. But chances are very slim coz letrozole will not make me ovulate from the right (good side). Clomid & SO-IUI is not an option too because of higher risk of developing ectopic pregnancy.

Appreciate your advice TIA!
If u dont wish to wait, then really best way is to go pte to do IVF.. if not just follow thru with the IUI while waiting.. who knows u may strike also?

If u dont wish to wait, then really best way is to go pte to do IVF.. if not just follow thru with the IUI while waiting.. who knows u may strike also?

Thanks, I hope so too! Doing acupuncture to stimulate the right ovary, hope can have dominant follie from the right side in order to proceed with IUI this cycle. If not have to wait again... My boss alr found it suspicious coz I always take leaves with short notice every month.

Hi Ladies,

This is my first time writing in this forum. I've been trying for more than a year now and have not been able to conceive yet.
I wasn't sure what the problem is so i went to KKH for check-ups and they found no issues with me (hormones from bloodtest and ultrasound). I have also been tracking my cycles with the OPK and found that even though i have regular menstrual cycle, I may not been ovulating every month.

My last check up with the doc, she had scheduled me for a HCG test. I am feeling really apprehensive of this test because i heard that it can be painful and invasive. Can someone here share whether the HCG test is ok or painful for you?

My husband on the other hand, is due for his sperm analysis soon. I am quite worried, as he is always tired from work and the drive may not be able to sustain the "every other day" activity required for our TTC journey. Is there any supplements or vitamins that you can recommend the hb to take to have more energy and boost their male levels?

Thank you.

Hi Ladies,

This is my first time writing in this forum. I've been trying for more than a year now and have not been able to conceive yet.
I wasn't sure what the problem is so i went to KKH for check-ups and they found no issues with me (hormones from bloodtest and ultrasound). I have also been tracking my cycles with the OPK and found that even though i have regular menstrual cycle, I may not been ovulating every month.

My last check up with the doc, she had scheduled me for a HCG test. I am feeling really apprehensive of this test because i heard that it can be painful and invasive. Can someone here share whether the HCG test is ok or painful for you?

My husband on the other hand, is due for his sperm analysis soon. I am quite worried, as he is always tired from work and the drive may not be able to sustain the "every other day" activity required for our TTC journey. Is there any supplements or vitamins that you can recommend the hb to take to have more energy and boost their male levels?

Thank you.
Hi! I can only share my HSG experience (I think u are referring to HSG, the test that checks our tubes?) It was not painful for me, more of discomfort because of the tubes and apparatus but the whole procedure was quite fast and no pain. I read that it hurts more if there's blockage, and also depending on individual pain threshold.

All the best!

Hi Ladies,

Thank you.
Are you referring to HSG? It is a short procedure, maybe 2 mins? Basically like a transvaginal scan except that a dye is injected to check the patency of fallopian tubes. Last time when I had the test it caused mild cramp and light spotting but other than that no serious complications.

You can try TCM to improve sperm quality. My hubby feel less tired after taking herbs. He is taking Profertile too. Hope you can find out the cause soon. All the best

Hi! I can only share my HSG experience (I think u are referring to HSG, the test that checks our tubes?) It was not painful for me, more of discomfort because of the tubes and apparatus but the whole procedure was quite fast and no pain. I read that it hurts more if there's blockage, and also depending on individual pain threshold.

All the best!
Yep same it was quite uncomfortable for me like menses cramp when they insert the stuff, but endure a few mins and it’ll be over quite fast, I didn’t take any painkillers!

Hi girls, anyone has pcos diagnosis problem? I’ve seen 4 gynaes so far - 2 said I have pcos and 2 said I don’t... it’s quite confusing. Those who said I have is because my cycles lengths vary a lot and I have high AMH. But those who said I don’t have pcos is because my high AMH just means good eggs reserve and my hormones test results are normal and don’t show PCOS...

Also I stopped TCM and acupuncture this cycle after experiencing delayed menses for the last 3 cycles, and I actually had smiley face on clearblue test kits for days 20 and 21! Seems like TCM and acupuncture not suitable for me? Anyone with similar experiences?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi girls, anyone has pcos diagnosis problem? I’ve seen 4 gynaes so far - 2 said I have pcos and 2 said I don’t... it’s quite confusing. Those who said I have is because my cycles lengths vary a lot and I have high AMH. But those who said I don’t have pcos is because my high AMH just means good eggs reserve and my hormones test results are normal and don’t show PCOS...

Also I stopped TCM and acupuncture this cycle after experiencing delayed menses for the last 3 cycles, and I actually had smiley face on clearblue test kits for days 20 and 21! Seems like TCM and acupuncture not suitable for me? Anyone with similar experiences?

Hi. I’m diagnosed with pcos from 2 docs out of 4 docs. I don’t have regular menses .. it may vary from one to three months or even longer.
blood test is normal for the hormones but can see cystic - like bubbles formed around my ovaries (tats pcos ) as explained by my ex gynae.
moreover not responding to clomid or letrozole though I’m on the highest Dosage.
For pcos it may not be accurate to use OPK as it may give false positive.. I had smiley face twice a month.
Was recommended to IVF by my current gynae n did FET in sept this year ended up in chemical pregnancy.

Hi! Did the gynae do an ultrasound to confirm ur pcos? Usually u can see many cysts of about the same size like a bunch of grapes/ pearls. But i also learnt yesterday that having these cysts in ovaries is not neccesarily pcos too so im confused now.
Are ur periods regular prior to tcm? Mine is like 2-3 mths long so i am sure i have pcos, also cos i did many ultrasounds to confirm.

It could be that the tcm is not suitable for u, or itd just a bad tcm! Tcm helped me to regulate my cycles!

If you do scan frequent enough they should be able to advise you more accurately? For someone with PCOS could have a surge in LH, thus positive/smiley face, but no ovulation happened. Only scans and luteal phase progesterone level can tell whether you have actually ovulated or not for that cycle. Are you given different phases of herbs? for menstrual, follicular, ovulation and luteal phase should take different TCM formulas. But I know some TCM just based on one formula plus minus and give throughout the cycle. Wish you can get the right person to treat you. My cycle lengths vary too, last year 25-39days, this year i start taking herbs everyday cycle become 28-32 days, ovulate btw D14-D17. After taking letrozole it was even more controlled at D13-D14. Hope it helps.

So sorry to hear about your chemical pregnancy. I think I will have to do IVF too due to my husband’s sperm issues. All the best for your next cycle, hugs!

Hi. I’m diagnosed with pcos from 2 docs out of 4 docs. I don’t have regular menses .. it may vary from one to three months or even longer.
blood test is normal for the hormones but can see cystic - like bubbles formed around my ovaries (tats pcos ) as explained by my ex gynae.
moreover not responding to clomid or letrozole though I’m on the highest Dosage.
For pcos it may not be accurate to use OPK as it may give false positive.. I had smiley face twice a month.
Was recommended to IVF by my current gynae n did FET in sept this year ended up in chemical pregnancy.

Thank you for your reply :) yup the gynaes all did ultrasound but they came to different conclusion... some said can see a line of small pearls. Some say it’s eggs of different sizes. Not cysts. Yeah one of them also said having these is not necessarily pcos. My periods were quite regular prior to TCM but also differ from 27 days to 45 days. Most of the time 33 days. May I know which TCM do you see? Thanks!

Hi! Did the gynae do an ultrasound to confirm ur pcos? Usually u can see many cysts of about the same size like a bunch of grapes/ pearls. But i also learnt yesterday that having these cysts in ovaries is not neccesarily pcos too so im confused now.
Are ur periods regular prior to tcm? Mine is like 2-3 mths long so i am sure i have pcos, also cos i did many ultrasounds to confirm.

It could be that the tcm is not suitable for u, or itd just a bad tcm! Tcm helped me to regulate my cycles!

Thanks for your reply :) I have done ultrasound with each gynae but they came to different conclusions... some said can see a line of small pearls. Some say it’s eggs of different sizes. Not cysts. I also did progesterone blood test during luteal phase twice and both showed I ovulated. I went to the Clementi TCM and he gives different herbs for pre and post ovulation. But no special herb for menstrual and luteal phase. May I know which TCM do you see? Thanks!

If you do scan frequent enough they should be able to advise you more accurately? For someone with PCOS could have a surge in LH, thus positive/smiley face, but no ovulation happened. Only scans and luteal phase progesterone level can tell whether you have actually ovulated or not for that cycle. Are you given different phases of herbs? for menstrual, follicular, ovulation and luteal phase should take different TCM formulas. But I know some TCM just based on one formula plus minus and give throughout the cycle. Wish you can get the right person to treat you. My cycle lengths vary too, last year 25-39days, this year i start taking herbs everyday cycle become 28-32 days, ovulate btw D14-D17. After taking letrozole it was even more controlled at D13-D14. Hope it helps.

Hi, first time writing in this forum as well. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for more than a year. We are currently seeking treatment at NUH. Other than a small note on my husband's sperm quality, in which our gynae said it should not be a concern, we have been categorised with unexplained infertility. The whole TCC journey has been quite daunting... I am currently in my second IUI and 2WW, thinking of seeking acupuncture treatment from TCM to 'tiao' my body. Any idea if acupuncture will complement our western treatment or we should just focus on one?

Thank you for your reply :) yup the gynaes all did ultrasound but they came to different conclusion... some said can see a line of small pearls. Some say it’s eggs of different sizes. Not cysts. Yeah one of them also said having these is not necessarily pcos. My periods were quite regular prior to TCM but also differ from 27 days to 45 days. Most of the time 33 days. May I know which TCM do you see? Thanks!
I go to Dr zhao xu hong at Raffles Chinese Medicine! Every cycle has been regular since i saw her last year.

Went for my checks at NUH and found out I have blocked right fallopian tubes. Any ladies had the same issues? What are the remedies I can do? Will be going for iui with nuh.

Thanks for your reply :) I have done ultrasound with each gynae but they came to different conclusions... some said can see a line of small pearls. Some say it’s eggs of different sizes. Not cysts. I also did progesterone blood test during luteal phase twice and both showed I ovulated. I went to the Clementi TCM and he gives different herbs for pre and post ovulation. But no special herb for menstrual and luteal phase. May I know which TCM do you see? Thanks!
I have different diagnosis from different doctors too, both TCM and Western. TCM Drs from the same clinic cannot agree whether I have PCOS based on the blood test (blood test says yes but no other symptoms. My period cycle is similaly 28-34days. Western dr (gyne) told me blood test sometimes also have error, and with ultrasound on CD8 she is confident I don't have pcos.

Do u have alot of stress ttc? I did and it really didn't help that my job is also stressful. Was using opk, taking temp, using pre seed etc. almost a year and seeing tcm every sat evening for almost 3 months. Nothing helped. Went to see my gyne, she told me not to stress. Do the HSG test and take clomid. If 3 months no luck then do IUI. At that point I kinda given up and waiting for iui in 3 months. Somehow, body feels the stress relieve and I managed to concieve the cycle after my HSG (which helped cleared some blockages that were initially there, according to the medical staff at Mt E).

Not sure if it was because lower stess cuz I kinda give up, or the HSG, or the clomid. Maybe combination of everything. Have faith that it will work out. Good luck!

Back