Trying to conceive 2020

Hi, first time writing in this forum as well. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for more than a year. We are currently seeking treatment at NUH. Other than a small note on my husband's sperm quality, in which our gynae said it should not be a concern, we have been categorised with unexplained infertility. The whole TCC journey has been quite daunting... I am currently in my second IUI and 2WW, thinking of seeking acupuncture treatment from TCM to 'tiao' my body. Any idea if acupuncture will complement our western treatment or we should just focus on one?
Hi dear, I did one at a time. Tcm will give medicine to tiao body too, but u can tell the tcm that u r seeing Western Dr so don't take the herbs. I have friends (quite a few) who swears that tcm works for them, but not really for me. Everyone's body is different I guess. Good luck!

Thanks so much for sharing! :) yeah I have quite some stress TTC. But now I try to relax and don’t think so much. Just trying to lose some weight and keep fit, and hopefully be in the best condition to do IVF as my hubby has male sperm issues. Fingers crossed all will turn out well

I have different diagnosis from different doctors too, both TCM and Western. TCM Drs from the same clinic cannot agree whether I have PCOS based on the blood test (blood test says yes but no other symptoms. My period cycle is similaly 28-34days. Western dr (gyne) told me blood test sometimes also have error, and with ultrasound on CD8 she is confident I don't have pcos.

Do u have alot of stress ttc? I did and it really didn't help that my job is also stressful. Was using opk, taking temp, using pre seed etc. almost a year and seeing tcm every sat evening for almost 3 months. Nothing helped. Went to see my gyne, she told me not to stress. Do the HSG test and take clomid. If 3 months no luck then do IUI. At that point I kinda given up and waiting for iui in 3 months. Somehow, body feels the stress relieve and I managed to concieve the cycle after my HSG (which helped cleared some blockages that were initially there, according to the medical staff at Mt E).

Not sure if it was because lower stess cuz I kinda give up, or the HSG, or the clomid. Maybe combination of everything. Have faith that it will work out. Good luck!

Thank you! Has your cycle gone back to normal? All the best to you too!

sorry I missed your msg! Not sure why there was no notification. I finally O on CD35, so I Guess my cycle nt really back to normal after miscarriage yet? But I’m Glad my body did O, at leastit’s still functioning. How did your TWW turn out?

Hi Ladies,

This is my first time writing in this forum. I've been trying for more than a year now and have not been able to conceive yet.
I wasn't sure what the problem is so i went to KKH for check-ups and they found no issues with me (hormones from bloodtest and ultrasound). I have also been tracking my cycles with the OPK and found that even though i have regular menstrual cycle, I may not been ovulating every month.

My last check up with the doc, she had scheduled me for a HCG test. I am feeling really apprehensive of this test because i heard that it can be painful and invasive. Can someone here share whether the HCG test is ok or painful for you?

My husband on the other hand, is due for his sperm analysis soon. I am quite worried, as he is always tired from work and the drive may not be able to sustain the "every other day" activity required for our TTC journey. Is there any supplements or vitamins that you can recommend the hb to take to have more energy and boost their male levels?

Thank you.

my hubby is on multivitamins and at the start of our TTC journey, he also saw TCM with me. Took the meds and all, until the sinseh said he is fine and ‘discharged’ him. He has slightly less than average amount of normal sperms, but my gynae say it’s pretty common for sporean and won’t affect us getting pregnant.

besides OPK, maybe you can consider doing bbt too. Bbt will help confirm if you O. Cos sometimes you might have LH surge but in e end your body doesn’t O.

I have different diagnosis from different doctors too, both TCM and Western. TCM Drs from the same clinic cannot agree whether I have PCOS based on the blood test (blood test says yes but no other symptoms. My period cycle is similaly 28-34days. Western dr (gyne) told me blood test sometimes also have error, and with ultrasound on CD8 she is confident I don't have pcos.

Do u have alot of stress ttc? I did and it really didn't help that my job is also stressful. Was using opk, taking temp, using pre seed etc. almost a year and seeing tcm every sat evening for almost 3 months. Nothing helped. Went to see my gyne, she told me not to stress. Do the HSG test and take clomid. If 3 months no luck then do IUI. At that point I kinda given up and waiting for iui in 3 months. Somehow, body feels the stress relieve and I managed to concieve the cycle after my HSG (which helped cleared some blockages that were initially there, according to the medical staff at Mt E).

Not sure if it was because lower stess cuz I kinda give up, or the HSG, or the clomid. Maybe combination of everything. Have faith that it will work out. Good luck!

congrats! How far along are you? I did HSG too, but didn’t manage to conceive within 3 months after, though it’s said that HSG increases the chances of pregnancy within 3 months the procedure is done. I did conceive naturally abt 5 months after but it ended in mmc at 8 weeks.

sorry I missed your msg! Not sure why there was no notification. I finally O on CD35, so I Guess my cycle nt really back to normal after miscarriage yet? But I’m Glad my body did O, at leastit’s still functioning. How did your TWW turn out?
Oh wow is a very long cycle for you.. yep it will go back to normal, just takes awhile.. my menses came tdy! Ugh. Very on time as my app predicted....!
Always thinking why our timing so good still can’t :(

Hello all, back here after a break away from the forum, I think I read somewhere there was a group chat on WhatsApp? Does anyone know where I can get myself added?? Thanks!

Oh wow is a very long cycle for you.. yep it will go back to normal, just takes awhile.. my menses came tdy! Ugh. Very on time as my app predicted....!
Always thinking why our timing so good still can’t :(
Do you use OPK or bbt to confirm O day? Sometimes the days we try might be off from O day. But of cos even when the days are right on time, only have 25% chance of getting preggy. So might take a few months? Have u been trying long?

http://unitslab.com/node/155 You could check it here. I did check for you and the equivalent is 2.114ng/ml. If I'm not mistaken that is a relatively good level. Especially since you're 40. I'm 36. I did not take any DHEA. What I did take daily was Folic acid, Omega 3 and just regular multivitamins. I only managed to retrieve 6 eggs even though I had many follicles growing. Ended up with 2 blasts. One transferred and a success (7weeks now), and I have one frozen.
What is the brand and how much mg of Omega 3 you were using? TIA.

Hi! Did the gynae do an ultrasound to confirm ur pcos? Usually u can see many cysts of about the same size like a bunch of grapes/ pearls. But i also learnt yesterday that having these cysts in ovaries is not neccesarily pcos too so im confused now.
Are ur periods regular prior to tcm? Mine is like 2-3 mths long so i am sure i have pcos, also cos i did many ultrasounds to confirm.

It could be that the tcm is not suitable for u, or itd just a bad tcm! Tcm helped me to regulate my cycles!
hi may i know which tcm you visited?

Do you use OPK or bbt to confirm O day? Sometimes the days we try might be off from O day. But of cos even when the days are right on time, only have 25% chance of getting preggy. So might take a few months? Have u been trying long?
Sry fr late reply too! Yes I also go for a monthly scan at D10 to ensure that I have a follicle growing of reasonable size.. thereafter use OPK to track the exact day.. yeah I also try close to 2 years! (Of which also tried IVF)

Are you on IVF, or letrozole now? Have you tried going TCM?
Nah just trying naturally for now.. so not on IVF.. i could ovulate on my own (observed through scans and OPK) so didnt take letrozole.. wanted to free myself from the fertility drugs as much as possible.. and yes still w Tan Kian Seng Clementi now.. this month is my second month drinking bitter meds... heheheh..

Hi ladies, is it possible to ovulate but not detect smiley face on clearblue OPK? I have this issue about twice so far this year... other months can detect the smiley face... does it mean 2 months didn’t ovulate? Thank you

Hi Ladies,

This is my first time writing in this forum. I've been trying for more than a year now and have not been able to conceive yet.
I wasn't sure what the problem is so i went to KKH for check-ups and they found no issues with me (hormones from bloodtest and ultrasound). I have also been tracking my cycles with the OPK and found that even though i have regular menstrual cycle, I may not been ovulating every month.

My last check up with the doc, she had scheduled me for a HCG test. I am feeling really apprehensive of this test because i heard that it can be painful and invasive. Can someone here share whether the HCG test is ok or painful for you?

My husband on the other hand, is due for his sperm analysis soon. I am quite worried, as he is always tired from work and the drive may not be able to sustain the "every other day" activity required for our TTC journey. Is there any supplements or vitamins that you can recommend the hb to take to have more energy and boost their male levels?

Thank you.

Hi! I am going through similar journey with you. Im also going through the check ups and procedure at KKH. Husband and I are experiencing unexplained "infertility" as everything seems okay. My ovaries are okay, ovulating, etc. However, husband had low sperm motility but have significantly improved, Profertil works very well for him. We had about 3x Sperm analysis and everytime there have been improvements in count and motility.

So right now we are going through our first cycle of IUI now.

HCG test if I am not mistaken is just like a normal blood test. So dont need to worry too much about it! But if you meant HSG the one that checks the fallopian tube then how I would describe my experience is that it was really really uncomfortable, need to relaxxxxx all the way which is kind of weird coz of course youre anxious. I would describe it as rather invasive and was glad that I got a female doctor and nurse who was really really gentle.

All the best. Let me know if you want to know more, will try my best to answer. We all need the support we can get.

Last edited:
Hi ladies, is it possible to ovulate but not detect smiley face on clearblue OPK? I have this issue about twice so far this year... other months can detect the smiley face... does it mean 2 months didn’t ovulate? Thank you
Possible I think! If your LH surge is at night and you didn’t test it you will miss it! Some people once surge then the levels will drop already.

Thanks so much :) as I read online that usually LH surge is for about 12 hours to 24 hours so usually able to detect on OPK, so was quite worried... the clearblue website also says so. But the progesterone blood tests I did with the gynae showed that I ovulated...
Possible I think! If your LH surge is at night and you didn’t test it you will miss it! Some people once surge then the levels will drop already.

@perseverehard
Oh mmmm.. I used to use clearblue but quite expensive for long run.. got those cheap strips instead.. it’ll give better indication I feel.. I tested super dark lines at night time before I sleep Bt I think it faded more when morning comes mmmm.. didn’t use the Digital OPK to confirm since I alr saw dark lines the previous night..

But ya blood test is the best mark to confirm ovulation.. but I dnt wanna do it monthly haha..

Before IVF/IUI, you may want to consider Rosytime

Rosytime makes many couples' dream comes true

I experienced countless hopes and disappointments for my first baby. I have consulted multiple western doctors and also tried Chinese medicine, and many secret tips, but still I can't conceive. I felt disappointed, sad and mad, and when I almost gave up, suddenly there is a good news

Here comes I want a second child. I thought: having the first child gave us so much trouble, I asked my husband if we should see chinese doctor?

But he gave me great confidence, he said: No! You have Rosytime that's enough! Rosytime is the best to nourish ladies' ovaries and uterus.

Hence, everyday I will take Rosytime as my daily nutrition, and fortunately, I got pregnant really quickly!

I am really grateful to get to know nutritional immunology products as they gave me enough nutrition for a day!

Thankfully having Rosytime, Soygreen and Emunity during my pregnancy, I can maintain a healthy weight, and the baby in my tummy also growing healthily.

If you are planning for a baby, but after so long still unable to conceive naturally, try Rosytime before going to IVF, you will feel the goodness of it.

If you would like to know more about Rosytime, please leave a pm.

1607679554215.png

Nah just trying naturally for now.. so not on IVF.. i could ovulate on my own (observed through scans and OPK) so didnt take letrozole.. wanted to free myself from the fertility drugs as much as possible.. and yes still w Tan Kian Seng Clementi now.. this month is my second month drinking bitter meds... heheheh..

me too! I’m also trying naturally and prefer to stick to TCM meds. My gynae feels tt I can preggy again naturally since I conceived naturally the first time. Jia you!

Hi gals, I heard that acupuncture may help with conceiving. I am doing IUI and will move on to IVF if IUI doesn't work for me. Would like to incorporate acupuncture into my fertility treatments to increase the chance of conceiving. Do you have any recommendations for fertility acupuncture? Thank you!

Hello ladies! Could someone advise if no sore breast near to your period date, means not pregnant? Has anyone got their bfp with no sore breast?

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has experienced this before. My period has been regular since, forever (28-32 days cycle) and have been TTC since last year. I have completed fertility check-ups since June this year, and everything is well for me. It is more about male factor, and we did a fresh IVF cycle for the first time (that failed) in September this year.
We accepted it, and decided to just go with the flow and maybe try naturally or IVF again in December/next year.

However, my December cycle is now already 2 weeks late, and I did 2 HPTs (once every week) so far, and all I got was BFN. I dare not try any HPT again for the fear of disappointment, haha. Though I am not expecting anything, but a miraculous BFP would be a great way to end the year (being very very hopeful).

I have also been getting really sharp pains/cramps at night near my left ovaries. I will be visiting the clinic tmrw hoping to get it solved. But I am just very anxious right now, and would like to know any similar occurrences among any ladies here :)

Yep.. my third (consecutive) round trying TCM meds this month! Quite sian...
anyone TTC with endometriosis?

yea, going back to see the TCM is quite a chore. I’m kinda used to the meds alrd. I’ve been seeing TCM since Aug last year off and on. Then this year, i started seeing regularly twice a month since June. Then I got pregnant so the doc changed meds, and the mmc happened changed meds again. Then after tt I’m back to seeing her for TTC twice a week. Can feel my body feels warmer, and my hands feeling warmer to touch. Apparently, hands being cold easier is not good:confused:

yea, going back to see the TCM is quite a chore. I’m kinda used to the meds alrd. I’ve been seeing TCM since Aug last year off and on. Then this year, i started seeing regularly twice a month since June. Then I got pregnant so the doc changed meds, and the mmc happened changed meds again. Then after tt I’m back to seeing her for TTC twice a week. Can feel my body feels warmer, and my hands feeling warmer to touch. Apparently, hands being cold easier is not good:confused:
I see! Now you're seeing her twice a week or month? o.o twice a week like a lot haha..yes think TCM helps in keeping body warm. I went to another TCM at raffles hospital and she told me to stop the TCM meds for now as the meds prescribed may be too strong / not suitable for me after i showed her what i was given.. she felt my pulse and felt it was a little messy.. (I think they use the same meds for all ladies back in Clementi TCM).. so anyway i will stop the meds for now but do acupuncture...

I see! Now you're seeing her twice a week or month? o.o twice a week like a lot haha..yes think TCM helps in keeping body warm. I went to another TCM at raffles hospital and she told me to stop the TCM meds for now as the meds prescribed may be too strong / not suitable for me after i showed her what i was given.. she felt my pulse and felt it was a little messy.. (I think they use the same meds for all ladies back in Clementi TCM).. so anyway i will stop the meds for now but do acupuncture...

Wow same meds for all e ladies? I tot e TCM meds sld be customised to suit your body.

haha you’re right, it’s twice a month. Typo. I also drink longan tea everyday, and 十全大补汤 2 or 3 times a week. I think it’s also having an good effect on my body cos my TCM has reduced my meds dosage to once a day for the past month. But I suspect the soup might be too 补, it’s causing me to gain weight! Haha

Wow same meds for all e ladies? I tot e TCM meds sld be customised to suit your body.

haha you’re right, it’s twice a month. Typo. I also drink longan tea everyday, and 十全大补汤 2 or 3 times a week. I think it’s also having an good effect on my body cos my TCM has reduced my meds dosage to once a day for the past month. But I suspect the soup might be too 补, it’s causing me to gain weight! Haha
Yeah.. at least I know what herbs goes into the meds (as they labelled the herbs) and my new TCM doc could tell it's too strong for me and affected my pulse!
Yeah i also drank longan tea daily.. bt yes i heard abt shi quan tang is v bu!

How many months have you seen Dr Su since your mmc? yes we both jiayou together! hopefully 2021 is the year..

Have you all seen fertility doctor or take any medication to help boost? Into my second month of trying and it is already making me so upset. Planning to get the tian yuan xiang chicken essence to try next. Husband and i just started taking coq10.
Why coq10 . is that helpful ?

Here’s what I send to another ttc lady.

Ingredients: 1 bottle of chicken Essence and 1 bottle of bai Feng Wan

Personally feel that the smaller pills of BFW is easier to dissolve but mum said that the bigger pill is better. However I used the smaller pills from EYS cos got left over.

How to brew it?
Pour both into a small bowl and placed it into steamer for at least 30min to dissolve the bfw.
Drink every single bit of it (and don’t say I never warn you, it’s ).

How to drink it?
2 days after ur AF is gone, drink it once every 2 days for 3 times. Stop for 2 days.
Then drink it once every 3 days for 2 times. Stop for 3 days.
Then drink it for 1 day. By then ur AF shld come in a few days.

What is this for?
To warm the womb (暖宫) to make it good for conceiving. Esp those who always eat cold food, drink tea etc. I always had salad for lunch, and always feel cold (hands and legs are cold).

however, I want to stress that I’m not a doctor, so I can’t advise on your body and it will definitely work. Initially I wanted to visit a tcm doctor to improve my body condition, however the doctor is not avail till june hence I tried this method first. Hopefully it will works for u too!

as for the cyst part, it didn’t happen to me. So if you have concerns over it, I am not in the best position to advise as our body works differently.
May I know what is AF?

Yeah.. at least I know what herbs goes into the meds (as they labelled the herbs) and my new TCM doc could tell it's too strong for me and affected my pulse!
Yeah i also drank longan tea daily.. bt yes i heard abt shi quan tang is v bu!

How many months have you seen Dr Su since your mmc? yes we both jiayou together! hopefully 2021 is the year..

sorry I missed ur msg! I’ve been seeing dr Su since oct when my mmc happened. This is my first natural cycle after my mmc. But I think likely also didn’t succeed. I’m in the tail end of TWW, and I started getting beige discharge today! So I think very likely out this cycle:(

how about you? Any good news?

sorry I missed ur msg! I’ve been seeing dr Su since oct when my mmc happened. This is my first natural cycle after my mmc. But I think likely also didn’t succeed. I’m in the tail end of TWW, and I started getting beige discharge today! So I think very likely out this cycle:(

how about you? Any good news?
i see! wow you managed to hold for 3 months and then start trying? I wouldnt be able to wait.. heh. I always think new cycle, new hope! New chance to do things right..
I'm going for my IVF second round next month! This month cannot try natural liao cause of the meds i have to start taking this month.. I'm sure you'll be able to get pregs soon since you got preg before!

i see! wow you managed to hold for 3 months and then start trying? I wouldnt be able to wait.. heh. I always think new cycle, new hope! New chance to do things right..
I'm going for my IVF second round next month! This month cannot try natural liao cause of the meds i have to start taking this month.. I'm sure you'll be able to get pregs soon since you got preg before!

Hi! No, I did start trying immediately. Technically I’ve had 2 cycles since my mmc, however the first immediate cycle is not considered natural cycle becos it was induced by the miscarriage medication. My gynae actually advised to start trying only when my first natural cycle returns, which is this cycle, but I started one cycle before that (during the immediate cycle after mmc).

but I think this cycle also no good news. I’ve been having beige coloured Cm the last 1.5 days with mild cramps. And I gt temp dips for the last 2 days also. So probably AF coming anytime

Hi! No, I did start trying immediately. Technically I’ve had 2 cycles since my mmc, however the first immediate cycle is not considered natural cycle becos it was induced by the miscarriage medication. My gynae actually advised to start trying only when my first natural cycle returns, which is this cycle, but I started one cycle before that (during the immediate cycle after mmc).

but I think this cycle also no good news. I’ve been having beige coloured Cm the last 1.5 days with mild cramps. And I gt temp dips for the last 2 days also. So probably AF coming anytime
Right! Keep trying and don’t give up- same for me. Oh btw read that your husband tried Proxeed? Does it work to improve his SA? My hubs Low morphology

Thanks! Actually I did succeed under Dr Su. I was seeing her since Aug last year but I was not consistently in going back for review. I usually only visit her once a month, so only get 12 days of meds for one cycle, instead of full cycle. How about you?

then I realised most ladies tt had good news went to see her consecutively every 2 weeks. So I did that for 2 cycles and the second cycle I got preggy alrd. Just tt it ended in mmc 2 weeks ago. My gynae said it was likely due to chromosome abnormality and it happens to 1 in 4 pregnancies, so nothing I could have done. :confused:
Hi! She gave you smelly powder to mix with water to drink also?

Right! Keep trying and don’t give up- same for me. Oh btw read that your husband tried Proxeed? Does it work to improve his SA? My hubs Low morphology

Yes have to keep trying!! My hubby only tried it for a month. Sample from gynae. We didn’t go back to check SA, as gynae said although he only has 3% normal sperm, this result is pretty common. And sldnt result in not being about to conceive. So I’m not sure if proxeed works.

On the other hand, after my mmc, I started taking ubiquinol. It’s suppose to improve sperm n egg quality.

when is your IVF?

Hi! She gave you smelly powder to mix with water to drink also?

Hi, yes the powder is Chinese herbs ground into powder form. Some sinseh still give the herbs for you to boil it yourself and drink, but it is v inconvenient and time consuming to boil the raw herbs. So easier to take powder form and mix w water. You just started seeing her?

Hi Girls! Im new here! Trying to conceive for few years but no news. Wanted to check if you guys have any recommended and reasonable Dr for check up or TCM recommended? Thanks:)

Hi Girls! Im new here! Trying to conceive for few years but no news. Wanted to check if you guys have any recommended and reasonable Dr for check up or TCM recommended? Thanks:)
Hi and welcome! Can i ask if u and ur husband has done any fertility tests or assessment? I go to Dr zhao xu hong at Raffles Hospital but there are others much more famous and popular than her in the neighbourhoods!

Yes have to keep trying!! My hubby only tried it for a month. Sample from gynae. We didn’t go back to check SA, as gynae said although he only has 3% normal sperm, this result is pretty common. And sldnt result in not being about to conceive. So I’m not sure if proxeed works.

On the other hand, after my mmc, I started taking ubiquinol. It’s suppose to improve sperm n egg quality.

when is your IVF?
I see! My husband’s morphology is 2%.. yes Ubiquinol is good. I’m starting injections this week! Fingers crossed! Not sure why, but I’m not feeling v hopeful ‍♀️

I see! My husband’s morphology is 2%.. yes Ubiquinol is good. I’m starting injections this week! Fingers crossed! Not sure why, but I’m not feeling v hopeful ‍♀

Are you on ubiquinol too? I just bought some brand off amazon. I read that if you buy those really good quality (but also quite ex) ubiquinol it’s suppose to make u feel a boost of energy after consuming it?

why not hopeful? Are you doing IVF at the private clinic? I heard it’s pretty steep

Yup, visited her twice already. Still consuming the herbs. Expected period is tomorrow... U feel anything when u consumed the herbs? Did it mess with your cycle?

Hi, yes the powder is Chinese herbs ground into powder form. Some sinseh still give the herbs for you to boil it yourself and drink, but it is v inconvenient and time consuming to boil the raw herbs. So easier to take powder form and mix w water. You just started seeing her?

Thanks! Actually I did succeed under Dr Su. I was seeing her since Aug last year but I was not consistently in going back for review. I usually only visit her once a month, so only get 12 days of meds for one cycle, instead of full cycle. How about you?

then I realised most ladies tt had good news went to see her consecutively every 2 weeks. So I did that for 2 cycles and the second cycle I got preggy alrd. Just tt it ended in mmc 2 weeks ago. My gynae said it was likely due to chromosome abnormality and it happens to 1 in 4 pregnancies, so nothing I could have done. :confused:

Hi! Did her herbs mess up your cycle?

Back