Trying to conceive 2020

Hi Ladies, had my first appointment today at nuh with Dr Stephen Chew. We were with kkh ivf center for our first so iui cycle and decided to switch to nuh for a shorter waiting time for ivf. Overall experience was pleasant, shorter waiting time for consultation and blood tests results. We didn't had to repeat any of the tests we did at kkh (all cleared) but did a tsh blood test today and unfortunately the results are not ideal, reading is kinda high and I'm going back tomorrow for another blood test. Was kinda sad knowing this because we cleared all tests and thought all was good for ivf but seems like this will cause some delays? Is it true we cant proceed with ivf if i have thyroid issues? Any ladies here proceeded with ivf with thyroid issues? I'm turning 36 this year and really wanted to start the cycle soon. :(

Hi all,

I’m waiting for my FET this year but the cycles have been cancelled due to thin uterus lining. Last 2 cycles my lining hasn’t gone above 6.7 and this time day 15 scan it was only 5mm. Anyone else going through or gone through the same issue ? Do I have any chance or hope?

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and started to TTC since last August. My husband and I went to Dr Caroline Khi from ACJ Clinic for our fertility checkup (sperm count and blood test) previously. All seems okay, except that I have cyst and fibroids (which Dr Khi says just monitor). So we were advised to try naturally for at least 6 months before we follow up with the doctor.

I am turning 34 this year and even though I have very regular menstrual cycle, it seems so so difficult to conceive. Whenever AF appears every month, I will be super down for a few days.

TBH, we haven’t been trying at all till a few months back so I am considered a newbie as compared to some ladies. These few months, it has been interesting discovery of my body and understanding how fertility works. Not shameless to share some lessons I have learnt.

I have always been counting my menstrual cycle wrongly. Apparently from what I read, day 1 of the menstrual cycle is the first day of full flow (spotting doesn't count). I probably failed Biology badly when I was schooling and had too much confidence in my Math. It took me some time to get it right so I thought to just share it here in case anyone is as confused as I am.

We have used 3 rounds of Clear Blue OPK. The first time round, I didn’t get any smiley face at all. I was so worried that I don’t ovulate, and I went back regularly to the gynae to make sure my follicles grow. Second lesson for me is, even though mensus happens, it doesn’t mean ovulation happens. And third lesson for me is, ovulation doesn’t happen at 14 days. I have a shorter menstrual cycle (26 days), so by right my ovulation will happen on day 13. But by left, it always happen on day 16. Hence I didn’t get any smiley face the first time I used OPK because the 10 sticks didn’t last me till day 16 Haha. But for the past two months, I finally got it right. At this stage of mine, seeing the smiley face feels like I strike a lottery.

That is all for me and the stupid mistakes I have made so far. Sorry for being so Long-winded. Hope it brings some laughter or shed some light with everyone. I haven’t succeed yet and hope I get some good news soon. I have been taking folic acid and drinking Yomeishu every night. I also cut down on coffee and cold drinks. I did enquire about Angelia’s fertility massage, it is quite pricey for me and there is a need for weekly commitment for 6 months. We thought of trying it naturally first before going to her. I also went to did a trial on Joyre fertility massage, not sure if it works but it did help in my bowl movement.

Baby dust to all!

Hi Qiana,

Welcome! Can i ask at what time of the day do you use the clearblue OPK? I am at my first round and so far no smiley at all and i am getting worried that i don't ovulate. Seeing the empty circle really stresses me out so i totally understand how you feel.

Baby dust to you too!

Hi Qiana,

Welcome! Can i ask at what time of the day do you use the clearblue OPK? I am at my first round and so far no smiley at all and i am getting worried that i don't ovulate. Seeing the empty circle really stresses me out so i totally understand how you feel.

Baby dust to you too!

Hello Amanda!

do you have regular menstrual cycle? For me, my cycle is 26 days so by right, ovulation takes place around 13 days before the NEXT period (meaning I got to count backwards). I didn’t get a smiley face when I used my first box of clear blue OPK because the sticks only lasted till day 14. I was worried and even went back gynae to do a few more scans to make sure I did ovulate.

From the second box onwards, I managed to get a smiley face at day 16, which means I ovulated slightly later. I took morning pee because I didn’t want to bring it out to work (but my gynae says mid-day pee works best). From day 14 onwards, I POAS twice a day - one in the morning and one at night. After a few boxes, u will notice a similar cycle and probably be able to identify the symptoms. By then you may not need the sticks anymore!

Hope it helps! Of course, every body is different. Hope u get a smiley soon!

Hello Amanda!

do you have regular menstrual cycle? For me, my cycle is 26 days so by right, ovulation takes place around 13 days before the NEXT period (meaning I got to count backwards). I didn’t get a smiley face when I used my first box of clear blue OPK because the sticks only lasted till day 14. I was worried and even went back gynae to do a few more scans to make sure I did ovulate.

From the second box onwards, I managed to get a smiley face at day 16, which means I ovulated slightly later. I took morning pee because I didn’t want to bring it out to work (but my gynae says mid-day pee works best). From day 14 onwards, I POAS twice a day - one in the morning and one at night. After a few boxes, u will notice a similar cycle and probably be able to identify the symptoms. By then you may not need the sticks anymore!

Hope it helps! Of course, every body is different. Hope u get a smiley soon!
Yes I have regular menstrual cycle. Only for last month it came late by 2 days probably due to the stress I put on myself.

I started taking twice a day too. Once in the morning and another in the early evening. Still waiting for the smiley. My cervical mucus seemed to show that I’m ovulating which make me more worried.Hopefully in the next few days. Thank you!

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and started to TTC since last August. My husband and I went to Dr Caroline Khi from ACJ Clinic for our fertility checkup (sperm count and blood test) previously. All seems okay, except that I have cyst and fibroids (which Dr Khi says just monitor). So we were advised to try naturally for at least 6 months before we follow up with the doctor.

I am turning 34 this year and even though I have very regular menstrual cycle, it seems so so difficult to conceive. Whenever AF appears every month, I will be super down for a few days.

TBH, we haven’t been trying at all till a few months back so I am considered a newbie as compared to some ladies. These few months, it has been interesting discovery of my body and understanding how fertility works. Not shameless to share some lessons I have learnt.

I have always been counting my menstrual cycle wrongly. Apparently from what I read, day 1 of the menstrual cycle is the first day of full flow (spotting doesn't count). I probably failed Biology badly when I was schooling and had too much confidence in my Math. It took me some time to get it right so I thought to just share it here in case anyone is as confused as I am.

We have used 3 rounds of Clear Blue OPK. The first time round, I didn’t get any smiley face at all. I was so worried that I don’t ovulate, and I went back regularly to the gynae to make sure my follicles grow. Second lesson for me is, even though mensus happens, it doesn’t mean ovulation happens. And third lesson for me is, ovulation doesn’t happen at 14 days. I have a shorter menstrual cycle (26 days), so by right my ovulation will happen on day 13. But by left, it always happen on day 16. Hence I didn’t get any smiley face the first time I used OPK because the 10 sticks didn’t last me till day 16 Haha. But for the past two months, I finally got it right. At this stage of mine, seeing the smiley face feels like I strike a lottery.

That is all for me and the stupid mistakes I have made so far. Sorry for being so Long-winded. Hope it brings some laughter or shed some light with everyone. I haven’t succeed yet and hope I get some good news soon. I have been taking folic acid and drinking Yomeishu every night. I also cut down on coffee and cold drinks. I did enquire about Angelia’s fertility massage, it is quite pricey for me and there is a need for weekly commitment for 6 months. We thought of trying it naturally first before going to her. I also went to did a trial on Joyre fertility massage, not sure if it works but it did help in my bowl movement.

Baby dust to all!
Is Angelia the one from Babies Bliss? She seems to be pioneer in SG. My MIL's friend conceived after Angelia's massage.

Hi all, I am new member here. I would like to know if anyone has any unused Letrozole, meaning to say do not want to continue consuming it. Do let me know if I can purchase it from you. Thank u!

Hi lovelies,
Those who have tried PGS testing - did any of you recieve the results like “high mosaic” or “DNA not detected” - curious to know if you know how to interpret these, since it’s not outright abnormal but neither normal.

Is Angelia the one from Babies Bliss? She seems to be pioneer in SG. My MIL's friend conceived after Angelia's massage.
Yes correct! Yeah heard a lot of good reviews. But wah it is a commitment to do massage every week. So I thought to hold for a while first

HI everyone! I have been lurking in this forum for months now before I decided to sign up. I'm 33 this year and also currently TTC for 2 years now, since we got married. But no luck, ... we went for a check with Dr Sheila at Raffles in Aug 2018. All came back alright and told us we can still try natural and if still no good news, come back for more further assessments. She told me about this dye check but I wasn't ready for that because I thought it was quite invasive.

So we've been trying ever since and it has gotten quite tiring and emotional for me, to see my period coming every month. Twice it has come late, and naturally I had my hopes up, but no. It's like my body is playing tricks on me and it got me so frustrated at myself. I now stress is one cause for late cycles, and even from trying to conceive, so I've been trying to take it day by day.

Now we are going through another round of checks and we decided to go through the subsidy route in KKH. Just had our 1st appointment last Monday and since our last check was over a year ago, they want to do the checks with us again, and a more detailed one too, before we find out what we can do next. I had my blood taken and hubby will go for his semen test soon.

My next test is the HyFoSy. I read somewhere in here that it costs $500++?? Really? :eek: Can anyone confirm that? And if it's true, can I use Medisave for it?
Hii I did hyfosy. After medisave costs about 300+

Hi hi. I had my first child in 2015 and after 3 years, We wanted to try for 2nd one.. however we haven’t been successful, my menses seemed abit haywired since my 1st preg and had a chemical pregnancy in Dec 2018.

My mum recently asked me to boil chicken Essence and bai Feng wan tgt and drink it after my menses ( first week 3 times, 2nd week 2 times, 3rd week 1 time), her friend’s daughter actually got pregnant after drinking it. So after drinking for almost 6 times, and also BD after tested positive on my opk, I’m crossing my fingers now...

Last edited:
Hello all,
Wanted to go for my 2nd Fresh Cycle with SGH but they said that due to the Wuhan virua it will be quite risky.
Risky as it they mentioned if it gets serious, the Gov. might say to stop all the assist procedures. Means any medical expenses will be wasted
Any one encounter this?
Not sure if I shld proceed.

Hello all,
Wanted to go for my 2nd Fresh Cycle with SGH but they said that due to the Wuhan virua it will be quite risky.
Risky as it they mentioned if it gets serious, the Gov. might say to stop all the assist procedures. Means any medical expenses will be wasted
Any one encounter this?

I think u shouldn’t proceed since doctor also say it’s risky already. And to be honest, now the virus is getting worse, even if you manage to conceive successfully, definitely you will worry about the spreading and all, this is very stressful. And not to forget there is no vaccines for the virus yet. Pregnant cannot be too stress, it’s unhealthy for baby, Just a personal opinion.

I did my consult with nuh last week and is scheduled for counselling mid Feb. Doctor did share the possibility of ivf procedufes being put on hold due to the virus but he say it might not affect the day surgeries one, then again it's a risk we have to take..

Read somewhere they might halt elective procedures in order to have nurses and doctors be ready for the coronavirus instead
More of resource planning issue since they are trying to maximize the workforce in the event it gets worse

Hello all,
Any one encounter this?
Hihi.. Hows the docs in SGH? Im thinking to go sgh for followup if im preggy after success FET in kkh

Hi Ladies,

Don't give up hope! I conceived my 1st baby after close to 10yrs of trying! Failed several ivf and even iui. Went for health check but we both no problem. Went TCM also and doesn't really work. After that I went into a 90 days program thing I googled online, and with the help of fertility massage, I managed to conceived!

Yes. Like JL8118 recommended, Angelia is one of them. But her schedule can be real hard to get sometimes, as she got a lot of business. If searched this forum, there are few others also. I have one recommended too, but well, is a guy though. So unless you are keen, you can pm me for the contact.
Hi, pls PM me his contact. Thanks.

Hi hi. I had my first child in 2015 and after 3 years, We wanted to try for 2nd one.. however we haven’t been successful, my menses seemed abit haywired since my 1st preg and had a chemical pregnancy in Dec 2018.

My mum recently asked me to boil chicken Essence and bai Feng wan tgt and drink it after my menses ( first week 3 times, 2nd week 2 times, 3rd week 1 time), her friend’s daughter actually got pregnant after drinking it. So after drinking for almost 6 times, and also BD after tested positive on my opk, I’m crossing my fingers now...

just tested on clear blue and it’s a BFP!! The secret recipe from my mum works!! It’s supposed to warm the womb (暖宫)to prep for preg cos I think my body is quite cold after numerous dieting and eating cold salad. Baby dust to all of u!!!!

Hello. Anyone trying to conceive in 2020? Thought some support will be good. Loss my baby girl after 4.5 months in NICU due to prematurity last year. Second month trying and the negative line on the pregnancy kit is bringing my morale down. Period supposedly coming in few days time but hoping it doesn't. Currently no symptoms then feeling very bloated. *Pray*
Sorry for your loss. I have PCOS and hubby have oligoteratozoospermia. I am reacting well to letrozole. Seeing doctor this friday.

Jiayou everyone.

Hi lovelies,
Those who have tried PGS testing - did any of you recieve the results like “high mosaic” or “DNA not detected” - curious to know if you know how to interpret these, since it’s not outright abnormal but neither normal.

For high mosaic it will depend on which chromosomes are affected. If viable for life then they can recommend transferring. Else no point also - transfer will also fail.

For dna not detected, a re-thaw and re-biopsy is recommended because it’s an unknown.

Hope you’re not doing this in SG because currently, they won’t transfer anything apart from balanced (normal). Not even low mosaic.

just tested on clear blue and it’s a BFP!! The secret recipe from my mum works!! It’s supposed to warm the womb (暖宫)to prep for preg cos I think my body is quite cold after numerous dieting and eating cold salad. Baby dust to all of u!!!!
Congrats!!! U tested 14days after?

Congratulations! I’m at 9dpo and very tempted to test but know it will likely be bfn.

Anyone age >40? Are u all doing ivf?
Hello. Anyone trying to conceive in 2020? Thought some support will be good. Loss my baby girl after 4.5 months in NICU due to prematurity last year. Second month trying and the negative line on the pregnancy kit is bringing my morale down. Period supposedly coming in few days time but hoping it doesn't. Currently no symptoms then feeling very bloated. *Pray*

I lost my boy after 9days in nicu last year. Am thinking of trying for another baby. But still no good news yet. Might go for ivf again. But not sure if its a good time to go cz of the coronavirus.

Anyone age >40? Are u all doing ivf?

I lost my boy after 9days in nicu last year. Am thinking of trying for another baby. But still no good news yet. Might go for ivf again. But not sure if its a good time to go cz of the coronavirus.
Me. Sorry for ur lost. If can y not try ivf again.. U mean fresh cycle? Better to wait this virus to b over.. Tentatively after apr..

For high mosaic it will depend on which chromosomes are affected. If viable for life then they can recommend transferring. Else no point also - transfer will also fail.

For dna not detected, a re-thaw and re-biopsy is recommended because it’s an unknown.

Hope you’re not doing this in SG because currently, they won’t transfer anything apart from balanced (normal). Not even low mosaic.
Thanks Astiva. I’m testing and transferring in India, so it should be easier. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, very helpful.

Wow congratulations!!
Would love to give the recepie a shot. Did you have it naturally or is it IVF?

Yes. Due to virus, it's better to avoid ivf/iui for time being.
Just prepare yourself or your body for it will be good enough

Just went for consultation today and doctor says that with my hb results, iui is not an option. He was prescribed profertil supplements. Anyone's hb taken and good results after??

Just went for consultation today and doctor says that with my hb results, iui is not an option. He was prescribed profertil supplements. Anyone's hb taken and good results after??
My DH has been taking it for 3years but seems like the result stagnant already.... initially there's some improvement that's visible but now no difference. Post washed sperm moility is 2-3mil only.. hpw about yours?

Hi, so just take a bottle of chicken essence and boil with bai feng pill?

Is the normal chicken essence and boil with bai feng wan? Which bai feng wan? Actually I am taking yu ren sheng bai feng wan.

What is the ratio? I got those bottled bai feng wan from yu en sang at home. Can i use that to boil? How many bottle of chicken essence to bai feng wan?

My DH has been taking it for 3years but seems like the result stagnant already.... initially there's some improvement that's visible but now no difference. Post washed sperm moility is 2-3mil only.. hpw about yours?
Sorry, I dont really know what is post washed sperm motility. But from the sperm analysis result we recieved, his density is 2.6 (normal range should be more than 15). Sigh, just hoping for more success stories where oligoteratozoospermia can be conceived naturally.

Hi everyone! I had two SO-IUIs and 2 IVF (1 fresh cycle and 1 FET in Aug 2019). All failed and now waiting for 2nd FET supposed to do it in March but might not be a good time due to wuhan virus. My work is very stressful and I intend to take a few mths no pay leave to try for the 2nd FET. Anyone went to TCM? I have been trying tcm since Aug 2019 to prepare for 2nd FET.

Jiayou, everyone!

congrats to you! :)
For the chicken essence, what brand/type of chicken essence did you use? And how many bottles did you use per boil?

Hi, I have been TTC since Oct18 until now. I have irregular period which makes me skip a mth or a mth plus without period. And found out last year that i have FIBROIDS. Found out end Jan tis year i have PCOS. Dr ask to try clomid first so will be seeing my gynae tis wed. Hoping to conceive tis year.

Last edited:

Back