Trying to conceive 2020

yakultgreentea

IVF is not painful actually...during ER, you will be knocked off with GA, so you wouldnt feel the pain. If you have done SO IUI , the jabs are almost the same, just a little more..
thanks bluerosie & anonymousjane! yep, i got my "preview" of IVF when i did my SO-IUI. tbh, i think i can get used to the injections. still dread doing it everyday but it's something i can live with. i'm more concerned with the physical and mental side effects of IVF - any idea if weight gain and mood swings are common symptoms? my doc told me that with modern medication the weight gain is pretty much non-existent or minimal, more of bloating if anything

thanks bluerosie & anonymousjane! yep, i got my "preview" of IVF when i did my SO-IUI. tbh, i think i can get used to the injections. still dread doing it everyday but it's something i can live with. i'm more concerned with the physical and mental side effects of IVF - any idea if weight gain and mood swings are common symptoms? my doc told me that with modern medication the weight gain is pretty much non-existent or minimal, more of bloating if anything
Hmm not that i know off..to me it was pretty much the same as SO IUI just more jabs. Bloating will be there but temporary...Even after FET and now confirmed pregnant, there is still bloating which is unavoidable... certain days, my tummy is flat, some days bloated. But it doesnt bother me much as it reduces with time.

I think more than the actual effects of IVF, there are more myths to it that scares of people. I know friends who insists will never go for it fearing the meds and side effects. At the same time I know some who did it and have no issues. Ultimately it is what you want. If time is not a concern, than maybe u can defer IVF
If time is a concern, then IVF may help

HappyJ

Is this your first? Do you take any supplements or anything?
Sorry! Realized I haven’t reply. This is my second time trying, I have a 6 year old (conceived naturally).

Doc prescribed me with letrozole. Husband was prescribed profiteril. I also went to see Zou Yumin and took her Med. But heard from doc at the last visit I should mix Chinese med with letrazole and perhaps that is why letrazole didn’t work for me.

yakultgreentea

Hmm not that i know off..to me it was pretty much the same as SO IUI just more jabs. Bloating will be there but temporary...Even after FET and now confirmed pregnant, there is still bloating which is unavoidable... certain days, my tummy is flat, some days bloated. But it doesnt bother me much as it reduces with time.

I think more than the actual effects of IVF, there are more myths to it that scares of people. I know friends who insists will never go for it fearing the meds and side effects. At the same time I know some who did it and have no issues. Ultimately it is what you want. If time is not a concern, than maybe u can defer IVF
If time is a concern, then IVF may help
thanks for this! i think time is a concern for me, i'm turning 32 this year, but then again, have no idea how long the next process will take so if possible, i'd like to start early. this is turning out to be more challenging and trying than i ever imagined!

GermaineLim

Hello ladies! I'm also new here and have been ttc for about 2 months. May i check if anyone has recommendations for prenatal vitamins? Does it really help? I have been taking folic acid too but i'm not too sure what else should we be taking to help prep our bodies...

Eileen Loo

Hi Germaine

currently i m taking GNC conceive for her N folic acid N coq10 (recommended by tcm)

your hub should also start to take folic acid

Bunnysutra

Hello! Previously i heard some of my friends mentioned that Blackmores Conceive well has a weird after taste.
Is that true? =/
I took Blackmores conceive well and hubby took blackmores multivit for men. We got pregnant within one month of taking the supplements, and this was after trying for abt 5 months. Unfortunately, it ended in a miscarriage.

But the supplements did help with conceiving. The taste of conceive well is bearable.

GermaineLim

I took Blackmores conceive well and hubby took blackmores multivit for men. We got pregnant within one month of taking the supplements, and this was after trying for abt 5 months. Unfortunately, it ended in a miscarriage.

But the supplements did help with conceiving. The taste of conceive well is bearable.
Oh so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. :(
But it seems like the supplements are helpful!

luckyegg9

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and started to TTC since last August. My husband and I went to Dr Caroline Khi from ACJ Clinic for our fertility checkup (sperm count and blood test) previously. All seems okay, except that I have cyst and fibroids (which Dr Khi says just monitor). So we were advised to try naturally for at least 6 months before we follow up with the doctor.

I am turning 34 this year and even though I have very regular menstrual cycle, it seems so so difficult to conceive. Whenever AF appears every month, I will be super down for a few days.

TBH, we haven’t been trying at all till a few months back so I am considered a newbie as compared to some ladies. These few months, it has been interesting discovery of my body and understanding how fertility works. Not shameless to share some lessons I have learnt.

I have always been counting my menstrual cycle wrongly. Apparently from what I read, day 1 of the menstrual cycle is the first day of full flow (spotting doesn't count). I probably failed Biology badly when I was schooling and had too much confidence in my Math. It took me some time to get it right so I thought to just share it here in case anyone is as confused as I am.

We have used 3 rounds of Clear Blue OPK. The first time round, I didn’t get any smiley face at all. I was so worried that I don’t ovulate, and I went back regularly to the gynae to make sure my follicles grow. Second lesson for me is, even though mensus happens, it doesn’t mean ovulation happens. And third lesson for me is, ovulation doesn’t happen at 14 days. I have a shorter menstrual cycle (26 days), so by right my ovulation will happen on day 13. But by left, it always happen on day 16. Hence I didn’t get any smiley face the first time I used OPK because the 10 sticks didn’t last me till day 16 Haha. But for the past two months, I finally got it right. At this stage of mine, seeing the smiley face feels like I strike a lottery.

That is all for me and the stupid mistakes I have made so far. Sorry for being so Long-winded. Hope it brings some laughter or shed some light with everyone. I haven’t succeed yet and hope I get some good news soon. I have been taking folic acid and drinking Yomeishu every night. I also cut down on coffee and cold drinks. I did enquire about Angelia’s fertility massage, it is quite pricey for me and there is a need for weekly commitment for 6 months. We thought of trying it naturally first before going to her. I also went to did a trial on Joyre fertility massage, not sure if it works but it did help in my bowl movement.

Baby dust to all!
i had the same issue with u for the OKP. I also assume that i ovulated on D15 and start about D9-10, but after a few boxes (imagine $$) then i came to realise to start testing at D15 instead and ovulation occurs usually at D22. i’m always smiling when i see the smiley face too. haven’t succeed yet but hope miracle will happen soon!

gimmiepink

Hi all, im trying to sell my clear blue advance ovulation kit 20 Sticks sealed box + 1 free for $50. Expiry 31 july 2020. Thank you.

redvel

Hello! Previously i heard some of my friends mentioned that Blackmores Conceive well has a weird after taste.
Is that true? =/
If you read up the ingredients, it has iron and fish oil. Both are notorious for giving a "bad" taste; therefore it's not inherent to just CW.

I used to consume it and one time i BFP less than 2months after in its course but that beanie didn't stick. I think CW does prep your womanly productivity bits but for me personally, and unfortunately, that eggie/swimmer was a bad batch (describing in a crude way) so it wasn't meant to be viable.

i would still recommend CW to tune your fertility condition.

GermaineLim

If you read up the ingredients, it has iron and fish oil. Both are notorious for giving a "bad" taste; therefore it's not inherent to just CW.

I used to consume it and one time i BFP less than 2months after in its course but that beanie didn't stick. I think CW does prep your womanly productivity bits but for me personally, and unfortunately, that eggie/swimmer was a bad batch (describing in a crude way) so it wasn't meant to be viable.

i would still recommend CW to tune your fertility condition.
Ah i see! Thats why it has a weird or bad after taste cause of the fish oil.
Yeap, decided to try out Blackmores Conceive Well and shall see if it really helps!

Never thought or knew TTC will be challenging and tough for women cause last time we used to hear people get preg so soon and easily! :(