TOA PAYOH mummies

Hi Mummies

My helper is terminating her contract with me, as her mum is very sick and she has to go back asap. Her brother called her this morning and she is leaving this Sat. If you have any good maid to transfer or any good part time maid to recommend, pls pm me. Really appreciate.

are,
thnx for the suggestions!
happy.gif
orange tee at lor 6 right? is the restaurant located on the ground floor?

hi

anyone knows where is a good place to bring a 10 month old and a 3 year old for a holiday? think of about a week's trip in November/December. maybe Hong Kong, Taiwan, Australia, New Zealand? which is a better choice? any other suggestions? what to do there?

Precious,
o dear, just when things are fine and then this happened.....will help u to look out.

Char,
Orange Tee is just opposite Tpy garden, or the 'Oasis'. the 3 rstns r at ground lvl is pretty easy to spot them.

Charsiew,
forgot there's a Swensen as well at Eng Wah cinema bldg. they r still hving lunch time 1-for-1 promo quite worth it.

rlcl,
jts, i started my 1st o/sea trip (via plane) with my gal then 2yo+ to hk. b4 tat we tried royal caribbean cruise (child friendly) to m'sia and signed-up the land tour pckg on board, it was quite fun. I am not sure if taiwan has any thing interesting for the kids. but i reckon japan, korea, aussi, hk shld be fun coz of the theme parks, kids paradise.

rlcl
We just came back from Melb, Australia for 7 days trip. Now the temp is cool. Winter season. I brought my 1yr old son, and 4yrs old girl with me.

We have just booked our air tickets to HK for Dec trip. Heard not stroller-friendly at all. Unlike Australia.

precious,
yup yup, HKG is not sroller friendly. i went there once b4 having L. their entrance/exit to their subway one side escalator and one side stairs and hong kongers are always rushing. they use the stairs most of the time.

Hi thanks Dor, Precious. hmmm.. was thinking of going hongkong disneyland. been to japan too many times already so want to try something different.

Hi Dor,
though of going Korea also but worry about the language and the temperature in Nov/Dec.

Precious, what did you do in Melb? I'll be going free and easy so want to find out what to do there. need to find things that the 3 yr old will like. also in Nov/Dec the temp in Aust will not be too hot? just worry the plane ride is too long. we went japan with my elder only and she slept most of the way on the plane. now not sure how to handle with two
happy.gif

So any suggestion for 1 yr old birthday celebration?? Are I got no ideas yet.

Rlcl, nz dun think much for 10mths old. It's a nature adventure place, food quite international but I dun find it very nice. I think aust better than nz?

rlcl
We stayed a coupe of days in Melb city and then a coupe of days in the Suburban area. You have to rent a car and car seats to travel around as it is more convenient especially if you are bringing your stroller, and the two kids.

We planned our activities, in the way, alternate day for shopping spree, so that the kids had some adventure fun in the trip too.

We went Puffing Billy Steam Train, Lake Mountain, Direct Factory Outlets (our fav is Harbour Town Shopping Mall & South Whale), Miniature Steam Train & Pony Rides. We also visited Queen Victoria and Camberwell Market. Safari Open Range Zoo too.

The next trip, we are planning to go Mount Baw Baw and Penguin Island.

hi Precious,

thanks for the advice. seems like a lot to do there for the 3 yr old. didn't plan much for the younger one. she can see the sights :p Wonder if nov/dec Melbourne will be hot. do you remember the flight time there?

HI mummies

JTS,
I've finally brought my 3 yr old girl to the dentist after prolonging, on Monday night.

I managed to find a really good dentist who is great with kids and best of all, is within TPY and just opp my family doctor.

Some of you might have heard it before :
Hosanna Dental
123 Lor 1 Toa Payoh #01-515

Charges wise, I really dont know if it's cheap or not, but then they "recommended" this gel mousse for my girl that costs a whooping $35.

So total bill came up to $55(consultation + 1 filling done) + $35 = $90.

The great thing is my girl's first visit was a very positive one and she left happily with a flower balloon that the dr twist and turn for her.

Ryes
Sounds good! I am also comtemplating where to bring my 21 month gal for her first dental check. A fren recommended me this children dentist at Paragon, said very good, got TV on ceiling for kids to watch during the check, blah blah but very expensive. About $100 per visit I think.

Any mummy heard of http://www.ahomeonearth.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=30 ? Thinking to buy to boost my milk supply after i deliver. I tried GNC fenugreek, goodness, hv to take like 12 tabs a day.

GPA Dental which has a KIDs dental section charges $35 for consult .

http://www.gpadental.com/services/kidsteeth.htm

I brought my girl to the one at Park View. They have a room specially decorated for kids. (Apparently this is standard for all their clinics). Instead of making the kids keep their mouths open for v long time while the doc does the examination, they use their camera probes to take quick pictures and then examine the pics. I had a very good impression of them. The only thing is, if you drive, dont park at ParkView itself. The carpark charges are quite ex esp after 5pm. Of course you can also try the clinics at the other locations but suggest making appointments cos apparently the kids section docs are quite popular.

hi surf,

actually you can ask your gynae for just a prescription of medication ( dompel ) i tried this after my 1st one was born n it boost my supply till i gt engorged..u can even get it from GP. it's very cheap n effective. =)

Precious,

depends on where u gg in HKG. i went to the disneyland n it was very very stroller friendly. i regretted not bringing a stroller along. most of the places i went have escalator n most of the malls are equipped with a child seat belt in the toilet where i can belt my son while i pee. i find it very convenient. hope it helps..

Surf, the base medication that Galdolphin mentioned is 'Domperidone'. Dompel is one of the trade names. I tried as well and I think it worked (not totally positive cos I was taking nursing tea (which had some fenugreek and other herbs) at the same time.)

HI precious,

really?? I brought her to see Dr Ben Lim.
He's really very nice and patient and my girl actually managed to listen to his instruction instead of having me or hb repeating the dentist's instruction to her.

And yes, dr LIm also uses the camera probe thingy to snap pictures of my girl's tooth and played Thomas Train for her to watch.

The consultation charges range from $15 to $30, filling range I forgot.

Surf, I've tried feenugreek before, it does really help, and I take only 2 tablets each time, so thrice a day. So total only 6.

On top of that, I tried before the tea leaves from MIM and another brand, which I forgot that I bought via forum. Both helps too, but then the effect is only like 1-5 days, then that's it lor.

ryes,
i also find hossana dental, Dr. Ben is nice and paitent, he takes the trouble to explain in details the process. his clinic also equip wif mini flat screen tv too hence a good way to distract the kids hee! The younger chap is also very nice and pleasant looking keke however, i find he's a lil lack of experience in more complicated case.

hi Ryes

I found holes on 3 yrd old boy teeth and brought him to Hosanna Dental too on Monday afternoon. Dr yang attended to us. But despite having his fav Cars movie and promise of a doggy ballon. My boy refuse to even sit down on the dental chair.... I made an appointment again next wed and the nurse adviced that I should let my boy attend the appointment by himself....will try it but i'm afraid that he will scream down the whole HDB flat...

Mummies,
TPY West CC is orgainise a Lantern Festival on 18 Sept 2010, Saturday 6.30-10pm. Adult $6 and Child $3. Include, buffet dinner, goodies, performance.
I'd signed up just to let my gal eat, play and be merry.

Surf, basically lots of fluid, any fluid, and papaya fish soup worked well for me. Actually just the fruit worked for me too.

Precious, let me know whether the PT helper is good, my friend is looking for one.

Xida, you'll need to prep him before letting him go to the dentist again. Show him books about the dentist, what it's all about and why we need to see the dentist. Harry and a bucketful of dinosaurs has a good story on the dentist.

Char,
Great! Both our gals can be 'frenfren' since they r of the same age.

xida,
my gal hasnt visit the dentist yet she's 3yo+ liao. I am also trying to prepare her for tat. I show her pix, read to her stories abt dentist, pretend play bth exchange roles as dentist/paitent and explain to her y we must visit the dentist blahblahblah...hopefully these will help a lil and the time comes she wont freak out...cross my fingers.

hi Dor,

she will, we did that with our ger and she was better. on her first visit we didn't and it was not good. she keep resisting and feels scared.

rlcl,
good to hear affirmation on tat hee! dun talk abt kids even for some adults, they dun like to visit the dentist as well.

Hi xida

that's what dr lim told me too, to let my girl enter the room on her own the next time. Because he is not supportive of a 3 way communication, he wants to establish a rapport with the child, so that when he gives instructions, the child will listen and will not fear him lor.

He told us to tell her in another way. Kids are very afraid of dentist since young, prob coz we always say, you notti, mummy will bring u go dentist blah blah, or eat too much sweets, then got holes and you have to go see dentist etc.

Instead he told us, "mummy and daddy have been very good, so we get to go to the dentist. You? Hmmm..I'm not so sure, we will see if you are well behave etc." in other words, do the opposite, ie if the child behaves, then she will get to go to the dentist etc lor.

Now my girl looks forward to going leh, she said she wants another balloon and a sticker from Dr LIm.

My hb being KPO, asked the nurse what's an oral health therapist under the name of Dr Yang's namecard. She explained he does general stuffs and for more complicated issues, have to refer to dentist.

Forgot to add on, JTS, dr lim said it is impt for us to help prolong the back teeth, especially the molars as long as possible. So must brush brush brush and he discourage milk feeding to bed lor, so it's been 3 days that we had to let my girl drink fr sprout bottle before brushing her teeth to bed.

Also, I asked when am I able to bring my son to the dentist, (22mths), he said when they are able to sit still, open up their mouth and listen to instruction if possible. So someone wanted to bring a 21 mth old child right, maybe it's still too early. Not easy to coax a child up the big chair leh.

JTS - here r few pix we took on our visit to wavve @ Orange Tee ystd evening. escargots and
salmon is good as well as their sausages, cabonarra tasted a lil bland. we love their french beer 'blanc' however the desert we ordered 'pastry wif vanila stuffing' is not up to expectation. Ttl spending SGD120. Judy the mgr was very friendly and is good tat she's gathering fdback fm patrons. Overall the ambience is nice and cozy i'll come for 'blanc' and chill out.

4423760.jpg
4423761.jpg

4423762.jpg
4423763.jpg

Btw, does anyone notice the moon was extremely clear, big and bright on wednesday nite. I cant resist but took a pix fm our hse. cant really tell fm this pix thou but those who had seen it on the day will agree.

4423875.jpg

dor & char... aiya, i am too late in posting. wanted to share that our RC also having a lantern festival celebration. tix @ $4, got free lantern & mooncake, games, lucky draw, and a walk around the blocks for the kiddos w the lanterns. but food not too ideal for kids tho, juz laksa, satay beehoon & dessert. more for the kids to play. starts @ 6.30pm.

any other mummies keen i can get the tix for you cos the RC only opens on thurs nites. i have some tix on hand.

dor,
do we need to bring our own lanterns for the lantern festival or one will be provided for each kid? i have not signed up but most likely will do so cos will be helping a fren to babysit their kids on that day so good idea to bring them along else stay at home kids will fight over toys and gotta handle crying and tantrums.

are,
where is your RC located?

Char,
din really pay extra attention on the lantern thingy...i'll chk let u noe again this evening.

Are,
your RC event happen on the same day ah 18/9? otherwise am keen too. btw tix $4 is for bth adult & child?

Hey Dor,the TPY West CC is it just near library there is it?opps...happen that me 18/9 got wedding dinner to attend...cant go...too bad...
Any other similiar org on other day?

Char, have u or when are u delivering ur no 2? I have a lot of white romper/long sleeves top, if u need let me know.

Hi Mummies

Just wanna advise that TPMC will be having an Open House/Community Day.

Date: Sat/18 Sep 2010
Time: 3-7pm
Admission: Free

Lots of games and fun for toddlers/kids! and also a Children's Programme.

Just need to register at the booths in exchange for the games/food coupons when going into the church..

I'm thinking if a group of you are interested, I can meet you all at Block 79A and we can go together.

For mummies who wish to take a look at the kindergarten, this is your chance! I hear that they will have a booth set up as well and may organise tours to visit the premises. Will find out more and keep you informed.

are
Come and visit TPMC - ask your parents lah, after all the noise and dust they have to endure... hehe... come and see the building.

dor
I have same thots as u re the restaurants/food places in Toa Payoh.. I thot they will have a Wendy's..hehe.. Haven't tried the Orange Tee restaurants. We went to the Hokkien restaurant yesterday. Tried the BBQ chix before.

stylobb,
thanks for sharing, wld love to bring my gal there to hv fun but 3pm is her nap time...how's the food @ hokkien rstn? i'd yet to chk it out.

ivy,
i'm due to deliver in nov. PM me where you stay and i'll ask my hb to collect from you.
happy.gif
right now i'm so lazy to move about, always feeling tired. jia lat!

dor,
thanks so much for helping me to check. cool! then i dun need to buy lanterns for the kids but i hope they dun burn the ones given to them. :p

Back