Tampines Mummy Club

hey hey rac!!!
happy.gif

how r u?? so how ah?? u wana change cc?
my first skool only operating in Oct/10.

AC, mine also in N1 class leh! so qiao!

Rac, yours?

did your kid got hfmd that time when it was very bad in Agape?
Mine got n end up I took 2 wks leave!!!

Hello AC... hmm.. don't think will change liao lah... a lot of places no vacancies liao leh.. I even checked the Sparkle tots (PAP one - new center just opened in jan 10) - full house too.. waitlist also no chance. Faint.

Arisz - mine is in PG.
happy.gif
Ya,... of cos kanna.. more than 50% of students got it leh.. mine wont be that lucky loh!!!

Arisz... Ya lo!!
happy.gif
have 知音人 now... :D
mine got it also n e younger one also got it from gor gor n I gotta take 3 days leave lo.. Sian...

Wat's ur child's name? Mine's kaemon... :D

Rac, PG even younger so poor thing! I went to check on Elfa (heard b4?) at Tamp Central cc also full house!

AC, mine is Tristan. How long have u been with Agape?
That time my older one got hfmd I was so scared n paranoid with my younger one coz he was barely 4 months!
Kept washing my hands n disinfect everywhere, also keep sanitising. Ha ha
happy.gif

Luckily younger one did not get infected!

Harlow all,

Wanna join October mummies on an outing to the cafe at Tanglin Mall mention by Jamie. Its on vesak day. PM me if interested. Thanks ;)

Arisz... & rac...
with agape since they open lo... Tis hfmd thing really disappoint me... But now cc ard my area all full house... Gotta wait new year starts den mb wanna switch him to kinderland or my first skool.... See how bah...

So... When r we having our meetup?? ;)
which is e mummy who is supposed to collate our info ah?
Hmmm...

Looking for babysitter (preferably Muslim lady) in Tampines to look after my 10mo girl twice a week in the afternoons. If anyone has info, pls share. Thanks!

Good morning mummies..

Arisz / AC - we can form the Agape club! hahaha. :p You guys planning to go for the family day at west coast?

<font color="0000ff">Hello Hi,

Guess haven been replying to this thread. How is everyone getting along tis Tue morning?

My boy is also in Agape, PG. Same as Rachel.
Rachel, this morning i saw you? were u at Agape with ur hubby?

Hmmm... should we tabulate our name + kiddo's age/gender? Then from there we can plan an outing if any....

Cheers!</font>

Hey xen... no leh.. I wasn't with hubby this morning. Hubby sent him there on his own. kekeke.

I saw your boy last Friday.. cos was there to pick him up at 3pm... kekeke..

Kaira already have a list of mummies name and details..

<font color="0000ff">Hi Rachel,
Oic.. wow u are early to pick him! ur hubby so sweet hor! always send him on his own.. saw ur boy little whining tis morning... jia you! I am sure he will walk in happy soon!

Kaira, tks!! i receive the email!! appreciate tt!!! Tks for consolidating! </font>

Hi Xen.. ya, he's still whining after 1.5 months loh! He will whin more if I send him there... so I try to avoid sending him there loh!

Hubby said this morning when he sent him there, there's 4 other parents arriving at the same time... so I guess one of them is you! haha..

<font color="0000ff">ic ic.... but i am sure he will get over soon! Jia you!! Hang in there!

tt dae i spoke to ur hubby asking if his wife is rachel, he nv tell u meh? Heehee! </font>

wahaha... we have an agape club now....
how come u all can meet each other at cc... :p:p
thk i will faint next time if i were to stay on own, and gotta bring the 2 kiddos to cc in future.. sigh...

how to drag them up so early???
sad.gif

xen.. yes yes. he told me that one mummy asked about me and said that we communicated via email. kekeke.

AC - it's a small world. kekeke. I actually hate to send them to cc so early.. cos I always feel that there's not enough teachers.. sigh.. every morning, it's the auntie who had to carry my son, cos my son just refused to come down and walk in on his own yet...

Rac, yah will be going to the family day at west coast. How about you?

xen, AC, going to the family day?

<font color="0000ff">Rachel, ya lo! i went to ask him.. heehee!! Ya, one auntie is usually carry kid tt are crying.. my boy will run in happily.. at times can even forgot to kiss us..

i saw one new teacher ytd. Any idea who is she?

AC, u are gg to stay on ur own soon?
Yuppie going for Family day! Are you gg too? But the family coupon quite steep! Making all of us buy the tickets and t-shirt.... </font>

hihi... eh.. wat family day is tat? when ah??
i also dunno... shows tat how long i have not see my boy's comm book?
u all gg??? if have kaki, i dun mind.. :p:p
cos e last round i went to the fire station outing w them was not quite organized...
sad.gif

any of u went??

Rac, yes... and e tcs there are always turning ard so fast lo..
sad.gif
sigh..

Arisz, pardon me ah.. tristan is boy right? :p:p cos i go and ask my boy last night, if he has a friend's name by tristan, he said yes..
den i asked him if tristan a boy or gal, he said boy.. :p:p
so jus wanna verify if he is mixing everyone up.. wahah....
and he said, something, tristan tan... hmm..

kaira, a house gathering sounds nice. We can potluck!
happy.gif

Looks like we have a sub-club (ie Agape) here hehe. My child is not of schooling age yet but she did attend My Gym at Tampines Central when she was 6mo. We're thinking of enrolling her there again once she starts walking.

<font color="0000ff">AC, we din let our boy go fire station cos we left he was too young &amp; prob wont understd anything! And $15 for the trip also not really worth it.
We went to the Sg stamp museum there jus two weeks before the sch excursion &amp; it was FREE entry! Sad thing is: There wont be any class conducted if ur child dun travel with them!
sad.gif
Means ur child will sit ard in the centre doing nothing.. tt what i understd frm the teachers.

Family day: 4 Jun @ quite far away place!! (forgot le) But i m trying to do away with the sch tee....

Erm, i am losting track! Urs in N1, N2 or Kindergarden?

Rac, will u b gg for family day?

Arisz, ur child also Agape? HI TO YOU TOO

Hi Modgurl, how old is ur gal now? U mean u wan to send her to Agape too?</font>

Wow... you guys going for family day ah... I am hesitating leh.. and most prob wont join in. Yes, prices quite steep.. the last time, I attended the Carnival which is held at the void deck one.. quite boring loh! Didn't know there's a fire station one. :p

And yes.. the comms book very stupid hor... basically, I thought the comms book should give a little more details, rather than just ticking the columns if they had breakfast / lunch / teabreak / nap / etc etc... Find it a waste of time to just tick and for parents to sign.

Xen.. ya, saw 1 new teacher yesterday. No idea who she is.. I still haven't seen the new principal yet leh! They don't automatically tell us one loh!!!

Agape mummies... 31 May is a school closure day leh.. maybe we can do a gathering, since have to take leave on that day? kekeke.

hmm.. rac mummy... 31 may is school closure? :p:p din even notice tat!! hmm..

ya lor.. i din even know joey left them.. dunno wats wrong about them.. seems tat tc n principal also leaving! sigh...

aiyo.. seems tat not all r gg... im nt too sure if i will be gg.. e fire station thing was e 1st outing by school, so tot let my boy experience tat.
happy.gif
hee...

<font color="0000ff">Rach,
Fire station - ur boy not in yet.

Hope the coming event b gd! Guess i am not for buying the coupons though! Yes, totally agree! I asked a lot of qns in the comm books wrt to the Family day. They prob also haven cfm the details. So we wait till further details are out.

Guess maybe we can request to inform us tt there is a new principal or teacher (with pictures) when they join via EMAIL. Guess most of us are pretty accessible to our emails. At least we know what is going on... Or more details on Family day via email. That will be better!

Oh ya, toking bt 31 May... i almost forgot abt it!! </font>

AC - Joey is the 1st principal right? I think they stayed for only about 2 months?? Then came another bubbly principal (can't remember her name)... then left again within a few months.. Ai yo!!!

Xen.. yes, I think email updates is good man! Can try talking to Suzie about it! hahaha..

Haha.. everybody forgot about the 31st May? I marked all the dates in my calendar, cos have to take leave on all these dates leh...

How? Gathering on 31st May? Interested? Let me start the balll rolling:

Date: 31 May (Monday)
Time: 2-3pm?
Venue: TBC

Interested:
1. Rachel

hahah...you all having a agape mini gathering and talk here!
happy.gif

xen "HI" to you too!

Ac, yah tristan is a boy. and is tristan ng
happy.gif
and yours kaemon is a boy or girl? Pardon my ignorance hor.
happy.gif

If ask my boy sometimes everything also 'yes'. *faint*

the fire station one i did not go.
but the void deck one i went. sighz...make me pay for everything that my son did.
end up spend a lot at void deck!
sound ridiculous!

family day i'm going coz at west coast and the playground there very fun de!

How? Gathering on 31st May? Interested? Let me start the balll rolling:

Interested:
1. Rachel
2. arisz (to be confirm till a later date)

Arisz.... Wahaha... Later tonight I will go n test him again.. Hee... Kaemon's a boy too!! :D

I also wanna meet....
happy.gif

Interested:
1. Rachel
2. arisz (to be confirm till a later date)
3. AC

Good morning Tampines Mummies,

Ahh .. Weekday gathering, cannot attend ;( Gillian and sahm might be interested .

Modgurl,

My Gym is just walking distance from my place. Did your gal enjoys herself there ? Also thought of enrolling my son there next month.

House gathering (Pot luck party - Afternoon - Saturday, June) ,

Any mummies want to volunteer to open house for house gathering next month ? ;) keke

Calling agape mummies...

Heard from Tc durgar today tat there is an outing to underwater world next week, and the whole school is gg... The tcs will start calling parents today as tis outing was supposed to be told to parents earlier but delayed due to e hfmd craze.... Not too sure abt e fees...

Gg?? :D

<font color="0000ff">RE: Agape Mummies

In additions:
I heard from Tc this morning that there will be a no. of new teachers attached to Tampines Branch as they will be opening a NEW BRANCH, under susie in Serangoon soon. Wondering if anyone know abt tis? --> Shld we be informed?

Underwater world: Wow! If whole sch gg &amp; if my boy not gg? Means i got to take leave to look after him? If going, means we going to pay if tt price is crazy? But kids under three - entrance is FREE! But still if gg, guess we are supposed to pay for everything...</font>

AC - wah.. didn't hear about it at all leh...
Will be interesting to go.. but depends on fees, etc loh.. Like what xen said... not worth if have to pay a lot since for them it's supposed to be free?

xen - just met suzie and Dylan (her son) at the entrance yesterday leh.. Dylan even said bye to my son (they knew each other since infant days)... Suzie didn't mention anything about new center leh..

Hmm.. Den I'm not too sure abt fees cos still waiting for them to call re to e underwater world outing..

Wah.. Agape is really making money... Hopefully they are cautious abt hygiene matters and dun let tis hfmd craze happen to e new center again...

Talking bt tat.. Thk mb we can open a childcare centre too.. Seems good money!! Wahaha....

kaira, Sarah enjoyed herself at My Gym. She was the youngest in her group then. The exercises and indoor playground were really good for her because she's a very active baby. We're waiting for her to start walking so we can enrol her there again. Also, she's at that age where she wants to make friends and play with other children. She's an only child at the moment, so besides mommy and daddy, she has no one else to play with.

xen, Sarah is 10 months old now, so don't think she can join Agape now. Hehe.

<font color="0000ff">Rac, oh! Tcs tot we are all been informed bt it... Hmm, i was thinking if it will be good to have weekly newsletter from the sch to keep us posted on the happening. What u think? At least we are inform who &amp; what is happening...

Ac, totally agree!! Guess we can set up one soon! Haaha....
happy.gif

Modgurl, 10mths can join Agape but will have to b in the infant care.
happy.gif
</font>

Xen.. I agree w u and if possible to hve a webcam installed so parents can login to e centre and see e children live from office.... Good right?? :p

Webcam aside, I thk newsletter is good... Seriously sometimes I wonder wat's abt them so good gotta charge us close $200 more as compared to ntuc or pcf lo... Hmmm...

AC, I'm sure the other baby gyms are equally good. We chose My Gym because it was the only one in Tampines and it accepts babies as young as 6 months old.

xen, infant care these days are so highly in demand that the waiting list can be ridiculous sometimes. We have considered enrolling Sarah into infant care but we were put off by the waiting list. Also, the fees most infant care centres quote (between $400-$800) were considerable enough for us to engage a maid.

With another child on the way, it looks like a maid will be very helpful around the house. The problem is, my hubby has a slight phobia of them what with all the nasty stories he hear about them everyday.

Any SAHM or PTWM who have maids?

<font color="0000ff">Ac,

Those Gym Class - Our personal view: Actually more parents &amp; child bonding. But those music and movement trials class actually can be done at home. This is both hubby &amp; mine tot! We have been to My Gym, Gymboree, Gym at Marina Sq &amp; no. of no. of others.. Realised all those things, we been doing all those singing and dancing at home. Thus we din wan to send our boy there.

Modgurl: U mean u are on Agape Infant care waiting list? Yes, agree! That sum is gd enuff to have a maid.. But maid u got to have someone to "monitor" after her, unless u have someone at hm. That will help!

Erm i have maid at home that cleans tt does that housework + feed my boy after sch, etc.... Yes, guess u will need additional hands when you have another along the way... Guess u really got to pray for good maid! I used to have one tt really care for my boy... She is really gd! But she went back to have a child of her own. Our current one, can't really tk care of my boy even though he is already 3. We are thinking if to send her back to agency.</font>

Re: gym classes
I thk tats wat I tot also tats why I'm also thking twice of e benefits if attending those n the money I gotta pay for e class.. Hmmm but I thk e socialin part is beneficial definitely...
happy.gif

re: 'maria'
sigh... Recently my mum has been grumbling abt taking 2 children and I'm also thking bt it and I even prepared myself and attended e course for employer orientation thing.. But agree w xen tat maid really need to pray for a good one, else e whole house will be tipsy turvy...
sad.gif

When I'm moving on my own.. Thk I'll get a pt auntie to help clean my house on weekends and do ironing for me... Anyone has lobang for such auntie at tampines?
happy.gif
pls pass on contact..... :D

Oh dear... The maid feedback isn't a confidence booster. We've also considered a part-time maid or part-time babysitter. A relative engaged a part-time maid from an agency to clean her house twice a week. She paid $10 per hr to the maid. When I called the same agency, she charged me $15 per hr! If I want a part-time babysitter, it'll cost more. Decided it wasn't worth it.

AC

Ya.. they really know how to make money loh.. don’t see them trying to invest more to try to make the tampines branch better, in terms of service / communication etc? Sigh.. Seriously, if someone really ask me if I would recommend Agape, I really would think twice loh. And yes loh… why would I send to Agape instead of just going to any pcf? Sigh..

I happen to be going for a trial class with Gymboree this sat for music II, cos my son loves music, so I thought I’ll send him to these classes since he enjoyed it so much 
Haha.. webcam… good for the parents.. but no good for the center! Cos then we’ll know that most of the time, the teachers can hardly cope, or we’ll find more loop holes? :p

Xen
Feedback - yes yes.. u want to write to Suzie?? Or I write? Kekeke.

AC / Xen,
Re: Underwater world excursion
In the end, I think what the teachers had done was just to communicate to the parents when parents pick up the child? It’s basically a very simple notice in the comms book, and did not even have the “RSVP” section! How the hell would they know how many to cater for? And if you don’t want your child to go for the excursion, then you have to take leave to take care of the child cos the school is closed! Another thing is, it’s from 10am till 3pm, and teacher said the kids will not have a nap. PG kids are still very young leh.. how to tong till 3pm? My boy wakes up at 6:30am – 7am leh.. How not to take a nap at 1pm? And if he refused to continue walking, or just fell asleep, will there be someone to carry him for the rest of the journey? (if parents are not going)
As much as I want to let him go (think it’ll be good to get out once in a while), I’m kind of quite worried leh!

Part time cleaner
I have one since pregnancy time. She charges me $10 per hour.. but I’m not sure if she’s available to take on anymore household, cos her schedule is always full one..

Back