Tampines Mummy Club

liang_yen

Hi I am a mummy staying in Tampines with a 1yr old baby. Would like to meet the rest of the mummies and babies staying in Tampines.

Hi,

Nice to hear from you. I believe my son will be very happy to know that he has got a new friend soon.I am thinking of setting a club for our area just like in Sengkang/ Chua Chu Kang where we gather all the mummies together to share their joyful experience and also to organize outings/gathering for our baby to meet up.

Hi,

I am staying in Tampines st 45 with a 2 yrs old son and a 6 months old gal.

Hi Olivetree,

How is your trip to Korea? The cameras are still with me. The buyers said that they want the camera and will transfer the money to me. However, after 3 weeks, still do not see money leh.......

Regards

Hi,

Me staying ard the 'end' of Tampines n 'begining' of Pasir Ris, am welcome to join in too??

My area is near the Esso , tampines mart..
my boy is just 17 days old..heehee..

Hi Rach,

All are most welcome to join in the fun. Congrats on your new arrival.

Hi all,

my son's birthday is coming soon, any idea on how and where to celebrate his birthday?

I have tried to upload attachment of my son's photo but was not able to do so because the dimension is too big.Any idea on how to do it.

Hi ng,

Korea is great, wish i could stay there and don't come back! hhehee....And, I am still keen in the camera leh...coz' want to buy it for my cousin who is crazy over thomas the train.

i din hear from you so thought you already sold them! when can you confirm on the sale? i can meet up in this weekend (morning).

Hi Rach, congrats to your newborn! take care of your health and invite us to his one month old celebration! (umm...so thickskin of me to ask for invitation from you now...hehheee)

Hi Yen, if we can gather more mummies, i will be happy to meet up! which part of tampines are u staying?

as for your son's b'day, how many pple are u inviting? if not many, then have it at your place? for me, i just order the cake and agar agar, asked my maid to cook some dishes and invite my relatives only.

send your son's photo to me, i can help to adjust the dimension and size for you. cheers!

hi Yen & olivetree,
thank you for your warm welcome..

currently have CL to help me with the night feeds so still not too bad, except gotta wake up twice to pump out nia lor..no need to do much stuffs..everything done by CL, i only eat n sleep n moo mooing nia lor..

Yen,

how old is your son? thought of engaging party organiser for him? then u can leave everything to them to take care n the kids will have more fun also..cos they can organise games, etc.. something different compared to the usual children's party lor..my 2 cents suggestion..

Hi olivetree,

I also do not know what to do leh. Send lots of sms to them. They always said they want but never pay or collect leh...

Do you think I should just give them a deadline ?

Hi Rach,

I am staying near Esso too but at JC side.

Hi Misaryeo,

Am working.

Regards

Hi Mummies,

Me stay in Simei... Not really Tampines. Can I join in here?
happy.gif

My boy is 2.5years. Abit "old" here.. hahaha..

Rach,

Congrats on your elevated role as a Mummy.
happy.gif

thanks Minnie!! it's a tiring job..

misaryeo,
Congrats to u!! looking forward to delivery?? boy boy or gal gal??

Ng,
think we quite near each other hor...can meet up for tea liaoz!! haha..

Am i SAHM

Hi Rach,

my son is only 1 this coming May, so i was thinking no point to spend so much yet since he wont be able to really understand it right now. But i will keep yr idea in mind maybe for his 2nd birthday bah.

But i think buffet is a good idea,maybe i can also invite all of you also since you gals stay so near.

I am staying at Tampines st 22, behind the Church

Minnie, dun wori your boy is not old, he can be our kids' big brother. Haha

ng, i think u better give them deadline, no point waiting and waiting...if they are sincere buyers, they will respond to u.

hi misaryeo, i am also FTWM, can't be SAHM coz' can't survive on hubby's salary alone lah.

so many mummies joining this thread! we should gather soon leh!!!

hi minnie, thanks for the nanny contact!

i am in tampines loh...so if u got any good and reliable nanny, please let me know soon. my maid wants to leave in sept once my girl reaches 18 months. headache liao...

hi olivetree,

My collegue's mother is a baby sitter staying near TJC, at Blk 489 series. Do you want me to get the contact for you ? However, I really have no idea how good is she. Another athernative is to put your child in NTUC childcare at st 45. My son is there now.

Morning Mummies!!!

Hi Yen,

Hehe... Big brother ah? Buffet is a good idea too but I dread the cleaning up. My boy's first bday was celebrated at my Aunt's condo function room. No need to cleanup or mop the floor after dat. Hahaha...

Olivetree,

So you dun intend to get another maid ah? Hehe.. My boy's nanny is looking for a 2nd kid to babysit. She is v good loh. But she is in Simei. Near the MRT.

Hi all Mummies,

Shall we meet up one of the weekends since there are quite a number of us already.

Anybody have any suggestions?Picnic, Tea/Kopi and Tampines Mall etc.....

Ng, check with you how old then we can put children at the NTUC childcare, and is it a full day kind of thing or only a few hours. I am thinking of putting my son there.

hi ng, thanks for the recommendation, but i prefer to know if the person reliable and responsible first before i contact her. how old is your son? is ntuc childcare good? i also can put that as one of my top considerations since u mentioned it is at st 45

hi minnie, i am not getting a new maid coz' i can't dun want to be worried about my gal's wellbeing all the time. the current one has been with my family for 5 years, so i can give my 99% trust in her.
happy.gif
thanks for recommending your boy's nanny, but simei a bit inconvenient for me.

hi yen, yes, i happy to meet up...(aiyoh...mentioned this many times liao...hahaa)

Hi Mummies,
NTUC childcare must be at least 18mth then can put then in. If before 18mth it will be considered infantcare and there is one around St 45..but will cost nearly $1000 a mth.
My son goes to FT childcare since 18mths.
There are many childcare Tampines but this is one I will definately not recommend
Gentlecare-Town4kids
at present 15 kids withdrawn...another 20 kids waiting to withdraw.. total enrolment 40 kids..so u see how bad the situation is at the place. Also all the teachers & principal quit this month.

Wah!That Gentlecare-Town4kids is really bad. What happen actually. Infant care is really expensive though$1000 a month.

I guess i will still have to leave my son with my maid at home bah. AT least the price is more affordable.

So how anybody interested for the outing. I need some comments/suggestions so that we can all meet up at a convenience time and place for everyone and get to know each other better

actually how much does childcare cost? wat's the range like? sorry ah..not experience at all cos bb still inside my tummy...:p

Hi,

Sorry for disappearing for so long as my son is sick again. Child care called to say that he cough till throw up. Sunday went to kk A&E cos food poisoning. Now still at home....

Yen and Olivetree,

My son is now 2.5 yrs old. I put him in when he is 2 yrs old. ( cc accept kid from 18 months ). For kids less than 18 months, there is an infant care next to it. I put him there full time. However, there are also 1/2 day and flex hrs programme which is cheaper. So far, I feel that the cc is great as the teachers show concern to kids and there are not many kids there. Kids are also not running around and out of control. However, my son is alway sick even since he is at cc. Something like once every 2 weeks. Xian....

Hi Olivetree,

I have given them till sunday to collect or transfer money for camera but I think I kena areoplane after 1 month. Let me know when you want to collect the camera.

Regards

Hi mummies,

I guess all of you are busy at this momment,nevertheless I still hope to make our club a successful one. Therefore i need some commitment from all of you...Hope that you can understand.

I really hope to have our first outing a successful one,therefore i really need all yr ideas. Perhaps we can meet up at Tampines Mall first since we all stay near by any dates covenience to all.

Hi Yen,

Tampines Mall should be ok. Maybe choose Sat morning where we can meet for breakfast at McDonald's? Just a suggestion lah...

Hi mummies,

I am staying at Tampines st 21. My gal is coming to 2.5yrs and my #2 will be arriving in Dec.

Misaryeo,

Did you get my maid to work for you?

Yen,

At this moment, i am not able to join u gals for the 1st outing cos all kind of sickness attacking me. My vomitting come as at when it like especially after lunch and evening time. Feeling very tired for this pregnancy. Was telling my coll during lunch, my last pregnancy too easy liao so god make me suffer abit for this time.

hi cheryl, i did not..cos i need someone to actually work on weekends, although now that i'm not working i can have her for weekday.. but once i started work i'll need her on weekends already. so i decided to look around somemore.. its really hard to find someone to work on weekends... cos mostly already taken..

yen,

I'm fine with meeting up at TM, any day is fine but not this weekend as my boy's 1st month falls on this sun. Therefore having his celebration..Mummies here are welcome to drop by, since we stay nearby..

hi, I'm a new SAHM, and would love to meet all the mommies here. My baby is 7mths old now. I stay near Tampines Mart too
happy.gif

misaryeo,

My maid cant work for you on weekend meh? I asked her last week, she said she is ok to work on saturday.

hi cherly, she say sat evening abt 730pm.. whichis dinner time can can be tricky.. cos might hav to go back in-law's hse for dinner or have dinne date wif friends.. that's why cannot lor..
sad.gif

<font color="aa00aa">hi fellow 'tampinesians'</font>,
mua stay 700+ series, no one there? Mua oledy have 2 kids, hmmm, dat makes me sound so old. 1 boy 1 girl, older boy is 2.5yrs old, mei mei is oni a few mths' old.

<font color="aa00aa">olivetree</font>,
My neighbour used to bbsit, think recently stopped cos' bb's mummy having no.2 so decided to get maid instead. If u dun mind bbsiter at blk 700+, let me know.

<font color="aa00aa">minnie</font>,]
how come ur nanny lookin for another child to bbsit? U no need her svc anymore or she wan to take 1 more child?

<font color="aa00aa">rach, ruffybear</font>,
recall seeing your nick when we had dat eastern mummies thread, now meet here again
happy.gif

hi mummies, sorry for being MIA for awhile, coz was super busy with work....have to work till 10 to 11 plus for the past few days...sigh!

want to change job, but quite tough, cant find any related job...sigh again!

i am fine with meeting up on weekends, i think it will be great if we can meet at someone's place coz' shopping malls tend to be very crowded on weekends. what do you all think?

ng, can meet u on monday, may 1? i can meet u in the morning coz' afternoon, might need to go office again. i will pm u my mobile no.

babe, thanks for recommending. i will let u know again, coz' thinking of approaching my aunt for help since she stays in tamp too. will check with her first. my maid just confirmed again that she wants to leave in early oct.

rach, happy one month to your baby!!!
happy.gif

Hi all,

Sorry for dissappearing for a while as I wasnt in town so no pc access.

First of all happy belated 1month to your baby rach!!!so how did the celebration goes? I have got a small present for your boy actually, so i was thinking how to meet you up and pass it to him.

Ok, Back to our gathering I have afew suggestions:

1)Meet at Pizza - Tampines Mall, we can have our lunch there and chit chat

2) Mcdonald breakfast at Tampines Mall, morning not so crowded and our babies can have hotcakes there.

2)Olive, agree with you on yr suggestion, so would like to check if we can do it at your house. And perhaps we can do pot luck, all mummies will just bring cook some food/cakes or biscuit to bring over.

I was thinking this 6/5/06 maybe after yr election or 07/05/06.

So can I have the namelist for those who are coming. I really hope all of you can come. As for the date we can always change to a dte that suits everybody, but of course I need all you feedback.

mummies
Hello all, I am weekday Tampines mummy. Good to see so many Tampines mummies here too. I have a boy coming to 2.5yrs. I am now looking for a nursery that I can place my boy in next year when he turns 3. Anyone has any recommendation for one that is around 700+ and 800+ area?

cherly/minnie
Hello see you here too...

Hi,

I am available on both dates. I am fine with all the 3 suggestions except can we eat something else other than Pizza ? ( Sorry. A bit sian with Pizza cos when go out with friends, always eat pizza cos halal )

Thanks.

regards

Hi Mom2nat/JasTan,
Welcome of course both of you can join here. Welcome to our club.we are in the mid of organizing a gathering. you may want to contributes your idea as well.

Hi Ng,

I am fine with any place, you can let me know what you prefer. But i think most probably we may need to change date, coz wori not all mummies can read this posting in time. But i will come here to check regularly. If not, the next weekend will be 20or 21/5/06 since 13/5/06 is Mother's day which i believe all of you will be very busy

Hi Yen,

I dun mind breakfast at TM.
happy.gif
Perhaps on 20th?

Babe,

Josh nanny feels that Josh is bigger leow so she doesnt mind looking after another kid. But she said if she has grandkids of her own, she will still continue looking after Josh. She loves him too much to let him go back home "full-time". Hahaha... Even when he was v sick, she came over my place to visit him....

Hi Jas,

Why dun you consider Josh kindy? Its at Tampines St 21. Not bad actually.

minnie
Thanks, but might be a bit inconvenient for my mum to bring him there every day. Any idea of their contact? Is it a CC or a pre-school?

HI,

I think the date tentatively we will cfm on 20/5/06 coz i think is really too rush to do it this weekend.

i will still wait for the rest of the mummies to cfm. Place will be tentatively Breakfast in Tampines Mall. mean while i will still look around. If you mummies have any idea, pls feel free to voice out

Hi,
I dun think I can join you mummies in the upcomming meet up. Maybe next time
happy.gif

Jastan,
You are looking at around which st? Ryan's one is at St 24 now.
happy.gif

hi,

sorry for not able to reply lately..been busy coping bb myself since CL left..

now finally can take a short break n log on for awhile..

me fine with meeting up for btreakfadt @ TM..

Mon2nat,

which part of pasir ris u staying?? Me also pasir ris...

Hi Yen, I can't have my place for gathering coz' it belongs to my aunt. Am staying under her roof now.

As for breakfast on 20, i am fine with the arrangement!
happy.gif

Mom2nat, still rem me? i went to your house before with my hubby to purchase ur gal's winter stuff, got the orange jacket. really love the clothes!

Back