Support group - Miscarriages

Actually how long do you take between the doses? I was instructed 2 tabs n twice a day. But I started the med in afternoon 5pm.. thinking is there a need to take another dose later?

i take it with 8 hours interval for 3 days already. Twice a day. Today we just increased the dose to 6 hours interval for three times a day for the next 2-3 days in hopes of flushing everything out.

i ordered 14 days single meal from tianwei for my last mc because my hb can cook too. But i never order this mc yet. I really like their food but this confinement i sort of know what to cook already. And they give the red date longan drink - i dont drink as i dont take sweet drinks. I boil my own daily. So i dont think i will order this time. But definitely will order 28 days for my real confinement in future.

yes our case is very similar. Mine also stop growth at 6w2d. I understand how u feel. Sorry about your loss.

ohh lucky you that your hb can cook! Tianwei replied me saying that they cant customise to only noodles. But since you mentioned the food is good, i will just place an order ba. So far the customer officer has been most responsive compared to the rest i am checking with.
Sorry about your loss too and thank you so much in answering all my queries :) Really helps alot for me esp when today has been an emotionally draining day but i keep telling myself i need to start taking care of my body and book my confinement meals for next week.

ohh lucky you that your hb can cook! Tianwei replied me saying that they cant customise to only noodles. But since you mentioned the food is good, i will just place an order ba. So far the customer officer has been most responsive compared to the rest i am checking with.
Sorry about your loss too and thank you so much in answering all my queries :) Really helps alot for me esp when today has been an emotionally draining day but i keep telling myself i need to start taking care of my body and book my confinement meals for next week.
Eh.. means i remember wrongly about the rice/noodles! Sorry sorry! Now i remember, i asked for no funny rice like brown rice or whatever barley rice etc. And i gave the white rice to my helper to eat and she cook mee sua for me on days where tianwei sends the rice. Sorry my bad. It was less than 6 months ago but i was too sad that time so i cant remember much.

have u bought the herbs for showering and chicken essence?

and yes tianwei is one of the best, i did try trial meals from the rest companies as part of my extended confinement after i completed my 14 days package with tianwei. But the rest could not make it. Tianwei hands down the best.

For the cytotec, u insert it n not orally?

My gynae told me to insert it. My dosage is 2 tabs every 3 hours. Total 5 dosages. I took ibuprofen half an hour before inserting because I saw online got ppl said will have intense pain. So I took painkiller first.

8plus inserted 2 tablets: Nothing happen
11plus inserted 2 tablets: Slight spotting
2plus inserted 2 tablets: Started cramping and bleeding. About 4plus have heavier cramps but bearable and passed out the fetus at 5plus. The cramps stopped after the fetus were expelled out from my body.
6plus continued to insert 2 tablets: Continue to bleed but no pain
9plus inserted 2 tablets: Continue to bleed but no pain

Went back to see my gynae the next day and did vaginal scan. Everything was cleared out. Hope this helps

Last edited:
Eh.. means i remember wrongly about the rice/noodles! Sorry sorry! Now i remember, i asked for no funny rice like brown rice or whatever barley rice etc. And i gave the white rice to my helper to eat and she cook mee sua for me on days where tianwei sends the rice. Sorry my bad. It was less than 6 months ago but i was too sad that time so i cant remember much.

have u bought the herbs for showering and chicken essence?

Ohh no need sorry lar! no worries! I decided to just eat the dishes and if too salty den prob few mouthful of whatever rice they gave ba haha.

Noleh dont think i will shower with herbs. Is Chicken essence really necessary also? My mil say she will boil chicken with DOM after i stopped bleeding. Will it be the same?Actually im quite scared all these food making me very heaty. I just drank few cups of red date longan this evening and my whole body is so warm and im sweating buckets..

My gynae told me to insert it. My dosage is 2 tabs every 3 hours. Total 5 dosages. I took ibuprofen half an hour before inserting because I saw online got ppl said will have intense pain. So I took painkiller first.

8plus inserted 2 tablets: Nothing happen
11plus inserted 2 tablets: Slight spotting
2plus inserted 2 tablets: Started cramping and bleeding. About 4plus have heavier cramps but bearable and passed out the fetus at 5plus. The cramps stopped after the fetus were expelled out from my body.
6plus continued to insert 2 tablets: Continue to bleed but no pain
9plus inserted 2 tablets: Continue to bleed but no pain

Went back to see my gynae the next day and did vaginal scan. Everything was cleared out. Hope this helps
Oh, I was only given 4 doses, 2tabs x 2 / day, which I think I was told to take morning n night. As I started only in the night, it didn’t have much bleeding though. Hopefully, today’s dose will be better.

Oh, I was only given 4 doses, 2tabs x 2 / day, which I think I was told to take morning n night. As I started only in the night, it didn’t have much bleeding though. Hopefully, today’s dose will be better.

I see I see...my dosage higher think maybe because mine was twins. Anyway, you rest well and take care! Don’t think so much. Rest well and maybe can see a tcm to build up your body first:)

Hi, I took 2 weeks of post-miscarriage aka 小月子餐 with yuezile confinement catering.
Tbh I feel 1 week should be enough. At 1.5 weeks I am already tired of it and the amount of soup and rice is quite a lot.

ohh. Okay im checking with tianwei now..how many days of confinement food will you be taking? Yes.. i think only we can understand how each other felt..i think my case is similar to yours? My hb keep consoling me that at least it hasnt been formed but to me, from the day i knw that im pregnant, i can already feel the baby is part of me. Even though its a small tissue that passed out yesterday, its really hurting so badly inside me.

Hello.
Hi, I took 2 weeks of post-miscarriage aka 小月子餐 with yuezile confinement catering.
Tbh I feel 1 week should be enough. At 1.5 weeks I am already tired of it and the amount of soup and rice is quite a lot.

Hello, yeah agree. Always struggle to finish the soup while the rice i usually will just take few mouths.. abit wasted lar..maybe better with just 1 confinement meal a day but I was unable to find one that caters for just 7 days

Hi,
Can anyone suggest a good doctor since I had recurrent miscarraiges due to no fetal pole and no heart beat present in the 8th week. This happened to me 3 times and this time do not want to take any risk and I want to visit a good doctor who can really support me and tell the exact reason as to why its happening.. I had been visiting doctors but no one is able to tell the reason as to why it is happening.. Please help me in this case and thanks in advance..

Hi,
Can anyone suggest a good doctor since I had recurrent miscarraiges due to no fetal pole and no heart beat present in the 8th week. This happened to me 3 times and this time do not want to take any risk and I want to visit a good doctor who can really support me and tell the exact reason as to why its happening.. I had been visiting doctors but no one is able to tell the reason as to why it is happening.. Please help me in this case and thanks in advance..

Hi Lisa,

so sorry for your lost. It has happened to me 3 times too , however mine was with heartbeat & then i lost it.
i have been to many gynae and all i can say is that sometimes we wont even be able to find an answer to it. The most detailed gynae i have been to is Prof Choolani at NUH, where he called for alot of blood test to test if there is something going on in my body. For example, infection? Blood clotting issues etc and it cost thousand of dollars. Thank God, all the results came back fine.
i ever asked him, why does this keep happening to me? And he said , if the blood reports are all normal, some patients he have seen, have cases like that and they just have to bite through the bullet & keep trying, no specific reason to it, it is sometimes how our body works. (It could just happened to be a bad egg or bad sperm)

Another way is to go through D&C and send the baby for testing to see what causes the miscarriage, is it really due to chromosones or is there other triggering points, but of course the cons is that D&C has its own risk. So it depends on how you want to pursue the closure. Because after all that i have been through & money we have spent, i felt that sometimes something is just can’t be explained, we just got to keep trying & pray.

hope this helps.

Hi Lisa,

so sorry for your lost. It has happened to me 3 times too , however mine was with heartbeat & then i lost it.
i have been to many gynae and all i can say is that sometimes we wont even be able to find an answer to it. The most detailed gynae i have been to is Prof Choolani at NUH, where he called for alot of blood test to test if there is something going on in my body. For example, infection? Blood clotting issues etc and it cost thousand of dollars. Thank God, all the results came back fine.
i ever asked him, why does this keep happening to me? And he said , if the blood reports are all normal, some patients he have seen, have cases like that and they just have to bite through the bullet & keep trying, no specific reason to it, it is sometimes how our body works. (It could just happened to be a bad egg or bad sperm)

Another way is to go through D&C and send the baby for testing to see what causes the miscarriage, is it really due to chromosones or is there other triggering points, but of course the cons is that D&C has its own risk. So it depends on how you want to pursue the closure. Because after all that i have been through & money we have spent, i felt that sometimes something is just can’t be explained, we just got to keep trying & pray.

hope this helps.
Thank you so much for your reply.. It is very helpful for me.. May I know the approx cost how much you had spend for all the tests with Prof choolani as even I want to consult him and to know whether I would be able to afford him or not. BTW Do you have any kids now..

Thank you so much for your reply.. It is very helpful for me.. May I know the approx cost how much you had spend for all the tests with Prof choolani as even I want to consult him and to know whether I would be able to afford him or not. BTW Do you have any kids now..

Plus consult & scans , prepare about 2k. But prior to that i have already done some other test too with other gynae, so he did not repeat those test i have done with other gynae, so if you don’t have any other test done elsewhere, the cost might be higher if Prof choolani decides to call for all. I have also been through D&C testing. not yet, my miscarriages are quite recent & within this 2 years, so im still resting my body.

Plus consult & scans , prepare about 2k. But prior to that i have already done some other test too with other gynae, so he did not repeat those test i have done with other gynae, so if you don’t have any other test done elsewhere, the cost might be higher if Prof choolani decides to call for all. I have also been through D&C testing. not yet, my miscarriages are quite recent & within this 2 years, so im still resting my body.
Even I have been to another gynae and got some tests done.. But I did not feel that satisfied and this time I do not want to take risk so I want to get through a thorough testing so doing all kinds of research who is best and all.. Thank you for the info.. And all the best to you..

Hi
I went for a scan yesterday at 7 weeks. There is no fetal pole. Only water sac. I am going to seek 2nd opinion this week.
Can I check how long can I keep it inside me before it is life threatening? Read somewhere about sepsis.
Also, I read some articles about people taking the medicine to flush it out and ended up feeling faint and going to a&e. This is freaking me out. I am still having morning sickness and it is weird to know now it is for a water sac. How long will I be unfit for work after taking the medicine?

What kind of confinement would I need ? Thanks

Hi
I went for a scan yesterday at 7 weeks. There is no fetal pole. Only water sac. I am going to seek 2nd opinion this week.
Can I check how long can I keep it inside me before it is life threatening? Read somewhere about sepsis.
Also, I read some articles about people taking the medicine to flush it out and ended up feeling faint and going to a&e. This is freaking me out. I am still having morning sickness and it is weird to know now it is for a water sac. How long will I be unfit for work after taking the medicine?

Different gynaes issue different days of HL, but it would probably range from 5 to 10 days as it might takes up to a few days to flush out after the medicine for some people, while it can also occur within the day and some people might feel some cramping in their stomach as the medicine is working to purge out the foetus.

You would need a mini confinement after. Some people do it for 1 week, some do it for 2 weeks. U can buy those herbal soup packages from shops like hock hua or order mini confinement meal from tian wei. You would also need to drink longan red dates tea during this period

Hi

Get second opinion too as 7 weeks may be too early to tell if there is a heartbeat.

When this happened years ago, my doctor said I could wait for the body to purge out naturally or to take a pill. I wanted to try again as soon as possible so I didn't want to wait and went ahead to take the pill. Besides I was like you, vomiting away for nothing. I was on a week of HL. Talk to your doctor. Don't read too much on Google. Different people different experience. It was not so bad after all. It was painful but the emotional scar is more painful than the physical one.

I had a mini confinement as in I ate confinement food for a week and dran Longan water for 2 to 3 weeks. Thereafter went Chinese tcm to get my body bad to optimal condition.

Went for 2nd opinion today. Same diagnosis. Went for a hcg blood test today and 2nd one will be on Thurs but I think I will pass the Thurs one.
Is it better to take the oral pill or via the inset method? Will I need someone on standby beside me? How soon does the nausea go away after taking the pill?

Went for 2nd opinion today. Same diagnosis. Went for a hcg blood test today and 2nd one will be on Thurs but I think I will pass the Thurs one.
Is it better to take the oral pill or via the inset method? Will I need someone on standby beside me? How soon does the nausea go away after taking the pill?

I'm not sure about inserts but I took orally. Best to get husband to be beside you for emotional support. Or just in case toy are dizzy... It felt like a very bad menses cramp during the hour before the tissues were passed out. Once it was put, the pain went away immediately and the next day, no more puking as well.

I suggest you still go for the blood works on Thursday. Just to confirm. You never know... Just in case... Even when mine has no heartbeat, they had to triple check before allowing me to take the pill.

Mine was the insert method. Bleed within half an hour for me, so it's best to have someone beside you to send/accompany you home asap as the flow will be very heavy and also for emotional support. My gynae did gave me some painkillers but the pain was bearable for me so I didn't take any pain killer. The nausea just went away after I started to bleed.

The Dr prescribed me with oral misoprostol 800mcg. Is the dosage too high? Feeling very nervous. He told me not to go out. Will I really feel that sick?

The Dr prescribed me with oral misoprostol 800mcg. Is the dosage too high? Feeling very nervous. He told me not to go out. Will I really feel that sick?

I think is because will be very messy when u start to expel the tissues out. Will have blood clots coming out. Will have cramps also but is manageable...Once u expel the tissues out, the cramp will be gone immediately.. take care and rest well!

It’s like very bad cramp during menses. It’s manageable. When are you going back to gynae? Need to check if your body fully purge it.
Last yr mine didn’t purge fully, and I have to go for d&c.

There was a clot that came out yesterday. I hope everything came out. Going back to check on Monday. I still feel nausea. Feeling sucky. Not staying with my husband cos house is not ready. He only stayed overnight on the first day I took the med because I requested him to do so. Feeling frustrated that I am in this mess alone. Tml is his off day but he is not coming to see me either cos he rather go to the new house to oversee the deliveries and installation.

Last edited:
There was a clot that came out yesterday. I hope everything came out. Going back to check on Monday. I still feel nausea. Feeling sucky. Not staying with my husband cos house is not ready. He only stayed overnight on the first day I took the med because I requested him to do so. Feeling frustrated that I am in this mess alone. Tml is his off day but he is not coming to see me either cos he rather go to the new house to oversee the deliveries and installation.
Hugs to you!!! Hope you’re feeling better emotionally and physically now. Pls ask your husband to spend more time with you, it’s a shared responsibility! Understand how u feel cause I went through miscarriage feeling alone too..

hi all, i just had a second MC again in a year. First one blighted ovum, second one HB stopped at week 6 5 days. HB was presence at week 6. Had cramps and spotting hence i went to see my gynaecologist and he confirmed the baby have no more HB though it grew. I decided to wait for it to come out naturally as the first time was also out naturally. True enough at night a whole clump of clot came out and i saw the tiny sac with the foetus inside. The shape is formed and i saw the yolk sac, the gestational sac, the eye, tail and heart. it's quite overwhelming esp when i flush it down to say good bye :( after which the cramps subside, but stil have bleeding. Can i check if there will be more tissues coming out? I rmb during my blighted ovum case there's more clots and cramps compared to this. I was supposed to go for my second ivf in Aug. Both my pregnancies are spontaneous and happens right before ivf and then god decided to take it away. I dont know what it means and the ivf and IUI i did failed. My next step is IVF in nov.

Hi all, I just had a chemical pregnancy recently. Tested positive on home test kits using clearblue on 18 Sep and quickly went to do HCG blood test at clinic to cfm. Though it was early weeks, the happiness was overwhelming as DH and I have been trying for a while and I was on Letrozole and the sixth and last cycle. Just when we though this was a miracle baby, my HCG dropped from 663 to 300+ when I repeated the beta HCG test and doc said it is not a viable preg. I was devastated even though I was 3-4 weeks. Now I am waiting for it to bleed out and doc gave only antibiotics. He said can start one month later after my period comes back. Want to check is there anything else I need to take note and how long will the bleeding be? Meanwhile I also made appt with KKH IVF waiting for appt.

I lost my pregnancy 2 days before first ultrasound. Had bleeding with clots for ~2hrs, no gestational sac seen in ultrasound and HCG dropped from 7600 to 1100 in 2 days. Doc said it was not a viable pregnancy and will clear out on its own and that I shud get my next menses in 4-6 weeks. Asked to do home pregnancy test after 2 weeks to rule out ectopic.

I stopped all medications 2 days back and now spotting has increased with on and off mild cramps. Can somebody tell for how many days cramps and spotting/bleeding will continue?

I lost my pregnancy 2 days before first ultrasound. Had bleeding with clots for ~2hrs, no gestational sac seen in ultrasound and HCG dropped from 7600 to 1100 in 2 days. Doc said it was not a viable pregnancy and will clear out on its own and that I shud get my next menses in 4-6 weeks. Asked to do home pregnancy test after 2 weeks to rule out ectopic.

I stopped all medications 2 days back and now spotting has increased with on and off mild cramps. Can somebody tell for how many days cramps and spotting/bleeding will continue?
Hey, sorry to hear your loss.. I had a super bad cramps during my first and second MC. It was so bad that I had to take pain killers in the middle of the night. Mine the baby heart beat stops. The cramps will continue for 1 week. Esp when u have bowel moments it hurts, you need to eat antibiotics, did your doc prescribe for u?

Hey, sorry to hear your loss.. I had a super bad cramps during my first and second MC. It was so bad that I had to take pain killers in the middle of the night. Mine the baby heart beat stops. The cramps will continue for 1 week. Esp when u have bowel moments it hurts, you need to eat antibiotics, did your doc prescribe for u?
So sorry to hear that :( Doc didn't suggest anything, but I took painkiller. Had severe cramps in the night. Now it's fine, hope bleeding also stops soon.

Bleeding will take 1 week plus to clear. Did u get ur pregnancy naturally?
Got pregnant in my 2nd ivf cycle. Had transferred 2, have another 2 frozen but planning to do one last retrieval round in Nov/Dec. Am 40 and low AMH, so wanna have enough backup to try multiple frozen rounds. But now am so scared to try another transfer :(
When are u going for another round? Did doc tell reasons for MC?

Got pregnant in my 2nd ivf cycle. Had transferred 2, have another 2 frozen but planning to do one last retrieval round in Nov/Dec. Am 40 and low AMH, so wanna have enough backup to try multiple frozen rounds. But now am so scared to try another transfer :(
When are u going for another round? Did doc tell reasons for MC?
My 2 MC is natural conception and I failed one time ivf. It’s really a joke cos everytime when I prepared to go for ivf I got preggy but end up god takes it away. I just took some blood test for generic and blood thickening checks. Will have to do a saline scan next month before doc can advise to proceed with second round ivf.

Hi Claire21,
Sorry about your loss. I was in similar situation. Few days before first ultrasound, started to bleed. Went to KKH A&E. No gestational sac. Doc says will clear out on its own. Bleeding for about 5-7 days. One month later menses back to normal. I’m lucky that I didn’t get cramps. HCG tests ruled out ectopic pregnancy.
3 months on, I tested positive again, keeping my fingers crossed for scan next week. Meanwhile I’m on duphaston to support the pregnancy. If it’s any comfort to you, I’m 41 this year. Don’t give up trying. Baby dust to all.

i got pregnant on my first ivf at kkh with dr sadhana, 2 long weeks for blood test to test pregnancy. another 2 long weeks for our first ultrasound via abdominal at week 6 and we saw flickering heartbeat.

but dr sadhana doesnt do delivery, so i booked an appt at week 7 with dr tan kl at tmc cos i was paranoid, and want to scan the baby again. my worse fear came true, there is no heartbeat detected. dr tan is very nice, he scanned 3 times to confirm, twice abdominal, once vaginal. because its our first visit with him, he doesnt want to come to a diagnosis. he recommended us to come back next week.

but i brought forward my appt with dr sadhana to this fri.

im feeling so lost now...

im not having any miscarriage symptoms. no bleeding no cramps. i read seems like a missed miscarriage / silent miscarriage.

Hi, I just had my first gynae visit today, supposed to be 7 weeks pregnant but the scan showed that it was only 4weeks :( It was just showing the gestational sac, does that mean that it is highly likely that the pregnancy is not viable? My period has always been very regular but the doc said maybe we miscalculated the dates.. he told us to go back for another scan next week. sigh, this is my first pregnancy and I feel really sad that this is happening

Hi Ladies,

I had my medical miscarriage on 2 Nov. On 11 Nov onwards the bleeding seemed to stop and it was yellowish discharge for about 4 days. But then, 15 Nov the brown discharge started again.

Anyone had similar experiences?

Hi all, lost my precious girl at 21+3w 2 weeks ago. Starting having contractions and mild bleeding after a suspected stomach flu. Went to KKH urgent O&G twice within 12h where they checked that my cervix was still closed and baby had a normal heartbeat.

I was warded for monitoring and was administered paracetamol, antibiotics (they found some bacteria from the vaginal swab) and progesterone (vaginally). Sadly, my contractions worsened and waterbag broke around 12h after I was warded. I was already 7cm dilated at that point and delivered my angel baby within the hour.

Lab results came back that the cause was inconclusive. Although they did find that I had Gardnerella (bv) and a uterine infection, the placenta was tested negative for infections. They also could not conclude that the stomach flu caused this.

Anyone with similar stories? I feel at such a loss and find myself searching for answers. From what the doctor explained, Gardnerella, uterine infection and stomach flu should not usually lead to a miscarriage. They do not suspect CI as I was having painful contractions. The only possible reasoning they gave is that somehow my stomach flu irritated the womb - but I’m not sure why this happened as this should not usually be the case. Is there something potentially wrong with my body that led to this?

I miss my girl so so much. And the thought of trying again and seeing BFN’s every cycle scares me (we took about 14months previously) but the thought of being pregnant again without knowing how to prevent the same thing from happening again scares me too.

Last edited:
Hi, I had a missed miscarriage - only found out in recent 8-week scan that my baby’s heartbeat had stopped, got a second opinion as well, it was devastating. Currently my baby is still in me and we are waiting abt 1 week for the final scan before taking meds or doing surgery. I am thinking of doing a mini confinement, wondering if I should do now, or after the procedure?

Hi, I had a missed miscarriage - only found out in recent 8-week scan that my baby’s heartbeat had stopped, got a second opinion as well, it was devastating. Currently my baby is still in me and we are waiting abt 1 week for the final scan before taking meds or doing surgery. I am thinking of doing a mini confinement, wondering if I should do now, or after the procedure?

Hi potatolover18, so sorry for your loss.
do the confinement after the procedure.
Have plenty of rest and take good care of yourself

Hi Ladies,

I had my medical miscarriage on 2 Nov. On 11 Nov onwards the bleeding seemed to stop and it was yellowish discharge for about 4 days. But then, 15 Nov the brown discharge started again.

Anyone had similar experiences?

Hi merrymirry,

did doctor advised you when to go back to see him/her for a reivew?

Hiyee dear so so sorry to hear that. If you don’t mind, may I ask why you’re advised to wait another week?

Hi merrymirry,

did doctor advised you when to go back to see him/her for a reivew?

Hi Clksy

2 Dec my next review. still having brown discharge currently. guess thats old blood from the uterus? its been 20 days of bleeding liao. doc say bleeding will take 4 to 6 weeks.

Hi, i cannot decide between taking medication or doing d&c, any advice?

Hi Potatolover18,

may i ask if its your first miscarriage? and what your doc suggests?

my doc suggested medication so as not to hurt my womb thru d&c as there is risk albeit small and its my first miscarriage, and at 7 weeks. d&c is more straightforward than medication. but it also depends on how far you are along.

either way is fine if it can fit into your schedule too. medication better if you are wfh or able to stay at home. if not, it can get alil messy for the first few days with the bleeding

most importantly, take care of your body after the procedure. have a good rest. jiayou!

Back