Support group - Miscarriages

princess im also very very scared! cos kena poke again..but the dr was so nice to distract me by talking to me and she was soooo fast!! pop in the needles at the blink of an eye! Not sure whether results better but i supposed they have some effects i reckon combined with medication..i need the speed boast haha as time is not in my favour now

yup, FET in end sept when i go back ..well provided that's not long after my sept's AF cycle else have to wait again to oct. Cos i need to take natural FET and doc need to monitor my cycle and do on my day of ovulation for optimal sucess! You? are you trying soon again or?

Me, too sick with all the disappointments. But I am fine, just taking a break now. Not taking bbt & opk. Let it run naturally. Going to see tcm this sat. I think need to tiao first before doing anything. If not all money went down the drain. My hb's troops' results going up and down. I think that is the main prob. So, both of us need to tiao.
happy.gif

yup, Princess...
in fact last week, i list down all the things i want to eat and ask her one by one...

She told me Chicken Essence can take.... but Not as effective as people say, so can dun waste money to buy in future. So after finishing this batch, i can stop already.

Fish oil is good to take too.

Anything that is from under the ground, is suitable for my body... because i am cold womb type.... example Lotus roots, Yam, Sweet Potatoe.

For Fruits, only Durians and Mango type is the best..... Durians most recommended.... haha
Very bu...

Piggy81,
Mine was also blighted ovum. I told my mom about the chao-du but she said dun need. Even if do, how to report the name….
I called Ju-shi-Lin temple and they mentioned that as long as inside the womb is consider already 成型. Name wise use mommy’s name.

jhw,
Do you know the reason why Dr Su said DOM cannot drink during menses?

jhw,
Thank you for the information. Shall not take DOM during AF.

Blighted Ovum is actually embryo (later fetus) not present inside the gestational sac.
For my case, my embryo was present but too small with no heartbeat

Minnieluv..
i m going to register soon...
Will u be going on the day of chao du?

If we go, do we need to bring any items to offer? Like milk, toys?

Hi Ladies, im new here.. sigh just had 2nd miscarriage on saturday night .previous miscarriage was in jan.. both time also baby didnt develop and spotting ..very sad .like a dbl blow to me .dunno where else can i talk about this coz when i talk to hubby he seems disturbed and just ask me to take care n go sinseh and look forward..but u knw we girls are more emotional ..and if i dont talk about it somewhere to vent out i will feel worse!

Hi Welyn

Hugs !!!! I am sorry to hear this news !!

I understand how you feel
My hb let go very fast too…. and he don’t quite understand Why I have to be sad for so Long…
Because our hb are not the ones who are carrying the living thing in the body…. So they will Not be as Affected as Us.
But hard to say, He may be Acting Strong too…. Maybe he is also hurting inside, but want you to be strong, so He cannot cry.

I think you must go see TCM to tiaoyang, Like all of Us are doing now…
Did you eat Tonics and take care after your 1st Miscarriage?

If No, then better start now…
Take Longan Red Date tea everyday and Wear Socks to Sleep every Night… Dun Catch Cold.
Eat plenty of tonics food like Black Chicken Herbal Soup, Ginseng Chicken herbal Soup
Eat Ba Zhen Soup Every Week…
Take Care, We will have healthy Baby coming our way again !!!!!

hey welyn,

HUGS for you..be strong in this low moment in your life (i know it's difficult) but grief, cry, talk to let it all out, it really helps trust me..we sisters here are very supportive de! Rant all your want, im very sure we will give you our listening ears and eyes..

Hi ladies.. glad to see this post in this forum =)
i juz had a evacuation of uterus (think aka D&C?) done due to a 'blighted ovum' about 5 wks ago le.. but still no signs of menses..

hmmm can someone who has been thru this let me know when will menses return after e procedure?

and will i still experience the same symptoms as b4? for me my breast will feel sore

Hi Welyn

Hugs. We are here for each other. Yup, I agree with jhw. My hubby too, I didn't really see that he was sad. I was very sensitive still, just cried just now, coz I had my D&C last Wednesday after 3 diagnosis that my baby is not growing. Last Sunday, I couldn't take it and ask hubby, aren't you feeling sad? His answer was: "Love, I am sad, but no time to show my emotions, had been busy juggling work and fetching you to and fro to see doctor and at the same time, if you break down, and I break down, who is going to support both of us. I have to be strong to support you."

I think it is important to go through griefing and then later, come to term and accept it. I don't know if it helps, I wrote a diary for my baby. Telling my baby how much we love him. Also, I told my husband, next Friday, I would like to do a mini-renovation for our supposedly baby room which we wanted to prepare. I thought it is a nice way to come to term with it and a way to remember my lost baby. I think it is no use telling myself that I will slowly forget it. But I would rather, put it in my heart.

Hugs Welyn, just pour your woes here. We will help each other
happy.gif

Angelic,

Sorry for your loss.

What do u mean by "still experience the same symptoms as before"? Do u mean during preggy or AF? U mean ur breasts still sore after d&c?

ur first AF should come 4-6 weeks after d&c.

Take care.

Haven't been active coz been a little bz.

Hugs Welyn n Angelic.. Sorry to hear d sad news.. We r always here should u need to pour your hearts out.

That said.. While grieving is a natural process after a loss, Your health is of utmost importance n grieving is not going to do u much good.. Stay strong n try to heal physically n mentally so that we can soon have a healthy pregnancy n our precious one in our arms.

jhw,
I’m not in SG so my mom with register on my behalf. Can’t go down also lor.
I’m not sure about offering but few years back we did a chao du for my granny at Pek San Teng Bishan, we brought her favourite food. Maybe you can check with them when you register.

Gemini,
Thanks for the article.

Welyn and Angelic
I’m so sorry to hear about that. Hugs ~
Take care of yourself. Do a mini confinement and recover soon.

Angelic,
Mine was blighted ovum but was natural. My menses came exactly 4 weeks after the day of miscarriage. My gynae and most ladies here advised AF will arrive only 4~6 weeks later. Maybe it’s on the way?
Do you mean menses(AF) symptoms? Before I conceived, I experienced slight spotting with no other symptoms before menses. For my 1st menses after miscarriage, I experienced the same. Just that this time round, bleeding was more and last for 7 days instead of my usual 5 days.

Btw, do you gals experienced cramp when you ovulate? In the past I do not experienced but on my 1st O, I had cramps for 2 days. The pain was identical to my miscarriage cramp.

Princessleopard,

You are also taking raspberry leaf tea rite? A lady on ivf thread told me that cannot drink after ovulation cos will cause contractions.. Is that true? On the box, it says to drink thtoughout the mth leh..

Hi angelic,

Sorry to hear about your loss.. Hugz.. My menses came exactly 5 weeks after d&c.. Doctor said it shld take about 4-6 wks.. I think it was quite late for some others so maybe you wanna wait a while more.. Don't worry k..

hi everyone,
nice to be here again..a place for us to share our feelings..i have 3 miscarriages and have been trying but no good news..went to see TCM, say i have cold womb and need to find tune my body..and also i have PCOS which makes life more difficult..never know when my menses will come..anyone having the same experience as me?

sorry to hear for those who has miscarriage and i definitely understand what you are going through..we just have to keep thinking positively..for those who has regular menses, it is not so bad
happy.gif
and just keep trying..

hihi.. hws lunch? =))

symptoms i referring to is pre-menses symptom i got b4 preg.. i.e sore breast and menses will follow few days after.. but now i m feeling nth! no signs of menses also.. and 5 wks has passed!

so if within 4-6 wks, if it din come within 1 more wk i shd see my gynae again?

could it even be possible to get preg b4 the next round of menses?

sianz.. dun like the uncertainty..
feel abnormal =/

Dear Angelic , Wely & forumbb,

Sorry to hear about your loss as well.

My husband also recovered very fast. Females & males managed their pain differently. I am healing well too but feel sad deep down. Tell yourself to be positive. Take care of your health.... eat, drink & rest well.

Jia you everyone!

Angelic,

After mc, things may get a bit haywire, its normal. Dun think u r abnormal. Our body needs time to adjust back to normal. Maybe when the 6th week come, and still no AF, u can call up ur clinic to check.

Hi forumbb,

I dun have pcos, mine is unexplained infertility. But it seems that u still have a chance? Though u have pcos but u got preggy 3 times. May I ask if u know the reason for mc?
I think tcm is a good choice, to tiao first then ttc again. Ensure everything is ok.

Hi all,
Got to know i am preggy 3 weeks ago, 1st baby. However, went through 3 check ups by 2 different gynae, both said the same thing that baby is not growing and no heartbeat.

Going for d&c tmr.
sad.gif

it stands for polycystic ovary syndrome.

Well, there is saying that after mc we r more fertile cos d&c clean the womb up, but there is no more scientific proof on this.

Hi Kris

sry to hear that >.< hugz..

hw far along u are in the preg?
noe its not easy, guess all of us here been thru the same.. u ve to be strong!! gd things will come to u soon...

Should be around 7 weeks plus.
Thanks subangel &amp; princessleopard.

Yup, got to tell myself to think positive and it's just not fated to be mine.

Understand that still must do confinement, for a month too?

Oh okay. Husband need to work, can't be taking leave all the time. I'll make arrangements...

Thanks alot princessleopard.
Still have got this forum, can talk to you girls...

yeah drink red date longan tea lahh.. dun bathe too late at nite lahhh.. no raw food, no cold drinks, no duck (thats what my mum told me)...

Hi princess leopard,
most of the time gynae cant explain what causes the miscarriage..the most they will say that our body repels foreign objects. Chinese sinseh will say cold womb..my 1st mc is blighted ovum, 2nd mc is natural mc, 3rd mc is 8 weeks no more heartbeat..the saddest part is the 3rd mc which i was so happy when gynae told me baby is growing and heartbeat is seen but didnt survive..

i wish i know the reason for the miscarriage..went through the HSG test: no blocked tubes, then went through fertility test: everything ok except Polycystic Ovary Syndrome

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polycystic_ovary_syndrome

I have not seen gynae since the last mc and thinking of going for taking the metforming pills to reduce my weight..

Kris,
So sorry to hear that..gonna stay strong and if possible ask for 2 weeks hospitalisation leave to recuperate your body..its very important to do a mini confinement.

princessleopard,
thou there is a sayings that after D&amp;C is more fertile, there's a risk to have another mc if we didnt let the body rest for at least 3 months or at least two cycles of the menses..better not take the risk coz D&amp;C is very hurtful to the body with such strong chemical wash..furthermore, gynae cant see how they clean inside the womb..

forumbb,

FYI. Lately a sister just share these here.

http://www.nuh.com.sg/wbn/slot/u3007/AboutUs/coporatepublications/Lifeline/Lifeline2010Q4_1-2.pdf

This woman had 3 miscarriages and was found to have high NK cells. She had IVIG treatment at NUH and was successful after that.

Another one:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/sussex/8522575.stm

I start ttc after my first AF was normal which is the 2nd month. I was given green light by gynae and tcm. My case wun strike easily cos already ttc for 4 yrs now.
sad.gif

Hi forumbb,

Have you tried metformin pills before? They made me feel sick and nauseous so I stopped taking them after a very short period. I have PCOS too, and both clomid and metformin didn't work for me at all. I tried laporoscopic surgery too, managed to get pregnant but suffered a miscarriage. Yes, losing weight makes a lot of difference to PCOS ladies. I suddenly conceived a few months after I commenced on a strict low carbo diet and regular exercise regime and lost about 15kg. For PCOS ladies, excessive weight makes our hormones haywire, hence making it difficult for us to ovulate, and even if we manage to conceive, miscarriage rate is 40%-50%. Hence, the moment we know we are pregnant, we must go to the gynae for hormonal support (oral progesterone pills and at least weekly injections) until the end of the first trimester.

Feel free to PM me if you need to chat about PCOS.
happy.gif

Agree with forumbb on ample rest is recommended before trying. My gynae told me to rest &amp; try from 2nd menses onwards... to heal physically &amp; mentally. She says preggie too soon will become complicated case.

Anyway, I have heard 3 cases of people who mc &amp; preggie successfully after 2-3 months. That's motivation but also need to manage my own expectation.

Kris - take care too. I ordered confinement food catering from Natal Essentials so that it is not taxing on my parents.

Kris - just call Natal Essentials &amp; they can start the delivery quite fast. They gave me $19 discount &amp; ask for it to start the day after I call.

Back