Support group - Miscarriages

today quite a lot of postings...

Coral, my bleeding was heavy for the 1st wk.. Only by the 2nd wk, it started to lessen..

Guess urs nothing to fret out.. If u're afraid, ring up ur gynae to check with him..

hi coral,
dun worry about your bleeding. mine also lasted for 3-4 weeks, which was mostly spotting. as long as it is not continual heavy bleeding, you are fine.
did you do a d&c after delivery?

Hi Coral,
PCOS is Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. It will affect woman's fertility.

Hey I thought my bleeding has stopped...still have abit bit...haizzzz..

hi bookworm

can i kn when was ur first m/c and 2nd m/c? so sorry to bring it up again, so on the 2nd m/c, did ur gynae do any further test on u?

lala

wow i think we need to set up a thread for this JE sinseh...=p

cos got so many kinds of remarks on her..i think i better ring up my Gynae Dr koh and see wat he says...abt my AF..(after m/c 3months no come le)...=(

bookworm,
dun worry....
happy.gif

must have faith...

jess,

think you better be careful of this JE sinseh. seems to me like a scandal. As for your delayed menses, I think you better see your gynae to have it checked out. I read on the website that some women have a condition called adhesions on the endometrial lining after a D&C. If your gynae thinks that 3 mths of delayed menses is normal, then, try to relax and it should come soon. Are you under a lot of stress lately? I went for foot reflexology to relieve my bloatedness and stress levels and I think it helped. Sometimes this bloatedness/wind is caused by the shrinking of the uterus back to the normal size.

HI Mei2,

So sorry to hear about your loss. It's never easy to forget about it. Try to be strong ok? And don't feel guilty about it -- though it's easier said than done. Just before I was wheeled into the OT, I asked the nurse, who was accompanying me, how many cases they would deal in a day and she replied 4-5 cases EVERY DAY!! So you see, the incidence is really very high. It's 1 missed abortion in 3 pregnancies! Do think on the brighter side of things.

berrynice, u are right, i had the adhesions after my d n c and its called Asherman's syndrome...
i had to go for day surgery to remove them..

wow berrynice

i think i better called Dr Koh and check with him first, den see wat advise he goin to give me...tks leh..

ya after the m/c stress on my work..

morning gals

bookwoom - dont worry okie? have faith n be positive. Did u ask the gynae wat's the cause for natural m/c. N do u still bu your body. i was told taking multi vitamin is gd.

bellybutton, yes, doc did a d&C for me aft delivery. It's a very short process, I'm only numb from lower body cos I worried I won't wake up again aft GA as I had no wish to live but was worried abt hb so I decided to play safe and not go on GA else I might just decide not to wake up. But the whole process was extremely fast, before I could be totally numb, doc completed the D&C I think in less than a minute cos I guess everything came out during delivery. Bleeding getting lesser, but tummy still experiencing pain but gynae say it's cos uterus shrinking and I'm sensitive so can feel it more than others. Been having nightmares of hospital scenes...so never sleep well all this time. My dad say he now has a panda at home. Plus the weeping, my eyes look terrible.
Normally how long after will 1st AF come? 3mths sound a long wait. Then it'll mean can't TTC so soon. But I really wish I can try soon.

Bookworm, jia you. Don't worry too much cos no good to stress yourself. We' have to leanr to live in hope and not in fear. I know it's not easy, I'm learning too.

Nowadays, m/c is so common. Prob we're too stressed up. Let's relax ourselves. Easier said than done, but gotta try for the sake of our happiness.

Hey, Lyn, where are you? Miss you cute cheery icons.

morning gals,

i also had 2 m/c recently, am feeling quite lost, not sure how, cos emotionally rather stressed up. Anyway tat I can do to reduce this stress?
sad.gif

Celests, any activities that you like? My case, FIL, got everyone to learn majong, including me and every weekend, they play majong with me so I get distracted. But once I'm out of confinement I think I'll start swimming, it's a good way for me to relax my mind and body. Or you can play soothing music or go out with hb or frens. Sometimes it's nice to chit chat with pple cos that prevent you from dwelling on your own problems.
Most effective way is to find things you enjoy, be it exercise, massage, shopping, movies, etc Set aside some time for yourself to do things you like. I'm stress now cos I can't do the thigs I like, I need to be in confinement and can't exercise or go out.

Hi coral,

I juz feel like not doing anything nowadays, cos feeling rather tired mentally. Tried going out chatting with frens also, but normally during daytime frens/hb are working also, so its like i'm by myself again. Kinda sort of at a loss as to do wat to
sad.gif

306799.gif
Hello Good morning gals!
306800.gif

Wah.. so many posts to catch up...
306801.gif
When got time then I come and read
happy.gif

Hi bookworm,
Did you see gynae for the miscarriages? Gynae got say need to do test? Your hubby got do SA test? My hubby just did SA test cos I also miscarriage two times liao.

Hi Coral,
How are you? Take things as they come for the moment ok?
happy.gif
Dun worry too much
happy.gif
Keep happy thoughts
happy.gif

My AF comes already. Today CD6 already. I just saw my gynae for one month review last Saturday. He said my womb very good already
happy.gif
. I was very happy to hear that.. cos it's the first time he said my womb very good after scanning
happy.gif

Hello coral...
306828.gif

kekeke.. it took me 2 hours to finish typing my last post
306829.gif
I got lots of things to do today
306830.gif
The warranty for my home coming to an end... so gotta rectify the defects now...
306831.gif
haha.. the contractor dun do good job.. I go management office complain
306832.gif

It's good to swim..
306833.gif
I love to swim to destress
happy.gif
. I like to have my head under the water and listen to the "music" of the water
306834.gif
. My gynae said I can go swimming already
306835.gif

Hi celeste,
306836.gif

Try to do things that you like.. Start by thinking positive things. Think about happy moments with your hubby
happy.gif
Slowly, you will become happier
happy.gif
It will be difficult in the beginning... I can do it, so can you
306837.gif

Hi lyn,

wow, u've got lotsa cute animations
happy.gif

Yeah, am trying to tink of positive things, onie occasionally will feel moody, and trying to tink of things that I like to do, also contemplating changing a job cos I am not very happie in my working envirnonment now also. Thinking of staying at home for 1-2 mths to juz relax and enjoy and look for another job.
happy.gif

Congrats Lyn! Two good news, healthy womb and AF starts! Jai you, hope to hear more good news from you soon.
You busy with home too. Me busy finding buyer for my place.
Celeste, sometimes doing nothing can be therapeutic too. I enjoy spacing out at times. For a moment, i tot you're my colleague, you share the same name, she has a bad expereince recently too...

hi coral
i had a m/c few yrs ago. bbs were almost 6mths also. i gave birth naturally too. menses last about one mth.
take care.

Hi Celeste,
Yes.. Jia You! Jia You!
306920.gif
Gotta start having happy thoughts... then you will feel happier and happier as time goes by
306921.gif

Hi Coral,
Thank you
306922.gif
I cannot TTC now. Gotta wait till October. Gynae said I better rest well first...
306923.gif
kekeke... now I "jian fei" first to boost my self-confidence some more
306924.gif

Hi Amy, thanks for sharing.

Lyn, Oct not so far away. I will prob hv to wait till next year.

how much do you have to jian? I got 4 extra kg. Not easy. But cant jian now, gotta wait for 2 more weeks.

Hi,

Anyone ever had any advise from their doctors as how to determine will our body is ready for ttc after d&c? I have been hearing some doc say actually can ttc once your 1st AF is over but there are also some gynae to say to wait after 3 cycles, while some even advise to wait up to 6 cycles! Hmmm.... I'm really confused.

Hi BellyButton,
Sorry to have missed your posting few weeks back.
You were asking then that is it normal to have very light mens during the lst AF after the D&C. That's happen to me also after my d&c in early June. My first AF was in end June, at then my flow was very very light and i was rather worried. However, when my second AF flow comes, it is back to normal; just that it is bit more heavier than the usual one. Checked with my gynae, he said is normal. So dun worry! ;)

hi celeste, be positive and think of only happy stuffs.. Dun let ur imagination run wild.. thou starting, it might be hard for u, but as time passes, i really hope that u will feel much better..
306934.gif

cherry, i think listen to ur heart and body.. if u're ready mentality and physically, can start to TTC...

But must build up ur body strong and healthy.. and pop some vits as well..

jess (jesschiok)

well, my gynae did not check on me lor. he said that unless ,/c 3 times , then its necessary.But i do not think i will be going to this gynae anymore. Because i was just spotting when i went to his clinic and i waited 2 hours for him, then i started to bleed. By the time, he checked on me, was too late, But he claimed that it was inevitable.
I do not blame him la, cos the first m/c started with brown spotting as well. I read somewhere that perhaps an injection helps, but i am not too sure. Most likely i will change my gynae, whats the point of having one popular gyna when u have to wait so long when crisis happen. both of my miscarriage are natural, and happen when it was around CD 42- CD46

bookworm
actually mine also only brown spotting. Gynae gave me jab & increase my 'an tai yao' dosage daily & rest for 5days. Thereafter the BB still cannot live. This is inevitable. If it has to go, it will go no matter what effort you have put in. Fated...

Btw, just receive news tt my fren has just given birth. I feel happy for her. But at the same time, feel sad for the loss of mine...
sad.gif

lala

i agree with u, is fated one...i bleed very heavy out of sudden...in the morning...den i called my gynae immediately...he told me to meet him in TMC A&E..so my hb rushed me down..Dr Koh immediately came and check out on me...he gave me a jab + medicine...but the bleeding din stop

it continue to bleed till 9pm+(funni, i din feel any cramp or pain at all)den no choice le..but to go D&C on that nite le..

we shall jia you!!! sometimes i will wonder how big my bb will be if he/she is still ard...=(

Jess, I too wonder if BB is still around.., it should be coming to 10wks...

Your gynae is Dr Koh fm TMC? which level clinic huh? My gynae also fm TMC.

i think all these kinds of things are fated.. no point dwelling on the past.. We have to let go off them and move on with our lives..

check with you gals when doing your mini-confinement, did you wash your hand with tap water. They say tap water is too 'cold'.

lala, i did. No choice leh....

gals, my gynae told me before that the injection is to "An Tai", not to stop bleeding... the majority of natural miscarriage is becos something went wrong in the cell division and thus the cell is defective.... our body has the natural way of expelling/resisting such cell....it's not something we can control....and it's very random....I guess such thing very difficult to say lor.... dun think so much... we must all look forward to a healthy next pregnancy.... ok?
happy.gif

HEllo Gals!
Today I am busy.. so will just drop a quick note without the animations... dun miss them cute icons hor... kekeke...

Cherry,
I think it depends on individual health. My first m/c my gynae said wait 3 months. Second m/c, my gynae said wait 2 months. After the last review, he said 3 months.

Bookworm,
I do think m/c is inevitable. Sometimes if spotting, gynae gives jab, will only prevent spotting, but the baby will not grow. It may be a blessing in disguise since you do not need to undergo D&C
happy.gif
. For my second m/c, my gynae wanted to give me jabs at first. Then I told him the symptoms I got and after scan, he said no need jabs liao cos he suspected ectopic lor. Then do bloodtest and so on.. then d&c
happy.gif

Jess, Lala,
Dun think about it already
happy.gif
Try not to
happy.gif
haha.. if I want to think.. my baby dunno how many months lor... Hanging on to the past will only make us not so happy
happy.gif
So look for the future
happy.gif
It's not easy la... but gotta try
happy.gif

I am also trying not to hang on to the past. I am getting there
happy.gif
On and off I will still think.. but only once every few months. These few days... I start to "hu si luan xiang" liao. haha... Last Sat, after seeing my gynae, I went to a party, pple ask me whether I got baby. I did feel something inside me. I did not say that I just had a miscarriage. Then that nite, I had a nitemare and I dreamt of my baby coming back to look for me... Then I was ok for a few days already. Then last nite, my hubby told me his colleague going to give birth, I felt something inside me too when he told me that. But ok la, I dun cry
happy.gif
. When my hubby came home last nite, he said his colleagues all asking him how come dun wan to have babies. Baby so fun to play with
sad.gif
Of course, I felt something too... I dunno how to describe the feeling. It's just like heart dropped a bit, but not really sad cos I never cry. Lucky I never go for the gathering.
happy.gif
But ok la.. this morning I never think too much till I come here again. Anyway, today I will be ok, cos I gonna be busy with my business
happy.gif

lala.. I did not care about the water in my second m/c cos it's very early pregnancy... kekeke... I still continue to shower everyday
happy.gif
But I took "bu" for 3 weeks... Very very "bu" already
happy.gif

lyn

ya i will oso try to look fwd..wont keep thinking abt it...i do experienced the same feeling as u too..when heard who and who preggy la, who only married not long ago..blar blar blar

my heart really does feel something lor...

well lets jia you jie mei men!!!

lala,

Me too. I shower, use tap water also and do as per normal.I also did not have any mini confinement cos mine occurs during the very early pregnancy. Me also did not each much 'bu', mainly drink chicken essence and drink a bit of DOME only.

So I really wonder is my body ready for TTC or not? Sigh.... really phobia liow.

cherry, mind to ask u when its ur m/c..
if it juz happened, think u better avoid TTC for the time being.. Let ur body fully recover well , then start..

u too must be mentality and physically ready as well...
307183.gif

hi cherry, my personal thinking.. i think u're not fully ready yet cos u mentioned u're having fears and phobia... maybe wait a little while more be4 u start TTC..

in the meantime, strengthen up ur body 1st to ensure a smooth healthy body and preg in future..
307208.gif

Wah, I didn't know must do mini-confinement! I had my D&C on Tuesday.....I just refrain from eating cold stuff like cold drinks etc, I still take showers and eat normal food.

Is there anything I should avoid? Really sotong here leh. So should I take DOM? how much to take? take at night?

hi Poppy, everyone body's is different...but best to do a confinement.....
Initially I also use tap water to shower ...but after 2 weeks plus... I start to have aching back liao... then I start to use those herbal thingy to shower......been a week liao... back seems better..... but still aching once a while....
I also took lots of tonic and everyday drink red date, longan, dang shen, bei qi, guo qi zhi, and ginger tea.... no water....
morning take essence of chicken with dong chong chao and pao shen....then breakfast...lunch drink tonic soup or confinement food with lots of sesame oil and ginger...... night drink DOM...
my sinseh adviced me to take for 30 days then can stop liao....after that drink the prescribe herbal soup once a week... :p
also no prawns, sotong, crab... no liang and cold stuffs....cabbage, kang kong, etc.....
I think my body really very Cold "Han1"..that's why up till now I still dun feel heaty.... I think once you feel heaty... can stop taking liao.....remember no ba zhen and bai feng wan until all the blood clears...
but it's very impt to do a good confinement as it's very "Shang Shen" to have a m/c...so need to make sure Bu enuff then next bb will be good.
happy.gif

thanks elmo.

Unfortunately I dun have the luxury of having someone to help me with the food except for dinner by my mom...I'm usually alone at home so I eat anything that i can find. But yesterday, I put lots of ginger to fry my xiao bai cai
happy.gif
...also dunno can eat xiao bai cai or not.

How did you manage to eat all these food when going back to work? 30 days is a long time.

I think emotionally I'm doing fine....just get sad every now and then. I try not to think of it too much and move on... Looking forward to the next ttc opportunity.

Jia You ladies...
307226.gif
i believe all will be able to overcome all fears & Obstacles and move on to the next beautiful chapter ..
307228.gif

307227.gif
Dun give up hope.. think of positive things.. Everything is in God's hands..

Back