Support Group for those who husband passed away

Dear linsaw,
My deepest condolences.. I also had a loved one pass on suddenly. Sudden deaths are really the hardest to get over because it's so unexpected and hardest to accept. It came as a shock even though the person is an elderly. I also went through denial, and a lot of pain. Please try to talk to a close friend or family. It will take a long time to heal.. Please try to stay strong.. If talking about it here will help clear your mind, please do so. Do anything that helps you feel better..

Each one of us have our life , I also dun like to trouble others too much coz I know this is a long journey.

He passed away without giving any sign. I hate him for leaving me and my son behind, but I still want him to come back, but I know it will not works.

I have to be strong in front of my parents and son, I cannot let my parents worry for me. My parents helping me to look after my son is not easy.

I understand how you feel... Give yourself time to grieve.. It's part of the journey to recovery... Sometimes in life, there are things that we simply do not understand and wished did not happen.. Unfortunately this is life and we can only try to adapt and accept over time. Although I wish nobody needs to go through the painful experience of losing a loved one, it's not possible.. :'(

If you have a religion, it may help to spend some time reading. It helped me to some extent, to accept.. And very very slowly move on.

Linsaw, sorry to hear about your loss. Take your time to grieve. There is no prescribed process to grieve. People will ask you to stay strong. But it is ok for you to not feel strong all the time, it is ok for you to cry, and it is ok to allow yourself to go through the pain. It is a long process but you will slowly realize that there are certain situations in life that are beyond our control. Do read inspiring stories of women who have withstood the test of time and have made difference in the lives of others with their positive outlook. While you cannot control what happened, you can slowly learn to accept what has happened and make peace with the situation. You will need time. Take care.

Back