Something all mothers to be need to know and safeguard against...

JennDeva

It has been almost 7 years since J was born. He is my second child after my daughter and before my third child, a son. My pregnancy and delivery of J was no different than my other 2 children. However when he was diagnosed on his first day of having Fluid in his Head and affecting the development of his Brain, my husband and I just died from within. Doctors did check after check on him and he was put in NICU for almost one week after being born. What was more painful was that we were told that he needed to have head and brain surgery at the age of one month old. Yes at one month old I watched as my son was wheeled into the operating theatre and it was the worst time of our lives. The doctors said that he needed a tube inserted on the right side of his head to drain the water out regularly as the tube ran down in his body to his stomach. My husband and I were never ready for this. It was an emotional drain and a financial one too. My boy came out stronger and we had to pay in cash almost SGD $60,000. All our savings were used up. Now I find out that we could have avoided such a drain on our financials if we had bought maternity / pregnancy insurance that would have covered pre and post-natal procedures. Given my personal experience I would recommend all mothers to be or young parents who are intending to have children, do consider taking up maternity/pregnancy insurance to safeguard yourselves. I am compelled to share this as my friend who just delivered had her son needing an operation on his heart and based on what I shared with her she took up the insurance with JA ASSURE and her finances were not drained after the procedure. It is one thing to have to handle such experiences on an emotional level but to have to handle it in terms of finances can be too much at times. Do contact me if you need more information and I would like to assist by directing you to the appropriate authorities in giving a comprehensive quote. This is no ad but a means to share my personal experience and how I could have avoided it if I knew what I know now about maternity/pregnancy insurance.

Back