Single mummies support group

Hi,

Married with a 2 year son. However, wanted to leave my husband. Not that he is no good to both our son and myself. He loves and dotes on our son. For myself, when things are good he loves me alot but when things are bad, I will be subject to his abusive words. So long I listen to him everything will be alright but if I dont, he will threaten to leave or divorce me. I am not sure how long I can take it. Anyone in the same situation... I am confused as to how long can I stand it. If divorce how about our son. He really dotes and loves him.

Hi MOMS!

I, too had a fair share of challenges and went thru abusive relationship. I was a single mum at 21. As for me and my son, Mother + Son = Happy Times, just not “complete”. Anyways, since we did not have a man in our lives, we depended on each other. Not only did we survived, we did well! The secret is never look back and living thru it. Eventually, We found a magnanimous man after 6 years. I'm now married for 5 years with 2 more children. My husband loves and provides for him like his own.

So, single mums! Hold your head up high and embrace who you are and where you are during this “single parent” season in your life. You all must accentuate the positive and take pride as mothers, flourish as women, and nuture a generation of young people to their fullest potential, despite being single and despite of family types. I know it may be tough from time to time. Never give up! Take heart for it will be very rewarding! It is not the end of your world, it is a new beginning, a journey of a very special and beautiful relationship with your child! Enjoy it!

I am setting up a network and support group for this special group of women. Mainly for single mums and divorced mums. To love, care, share and pull strength! Ladies who would like to delicate some time to this non-profitable organisation may also join us!
When we learn to understand, empathise and reach out for others, when we focus less on ourselves, our
problems and pay more attention to others around us, we tends to be happier and content with ourselves, and what we already have in life.
Interested parties, pls email me at [email protected]

With Love,
Melissa

i'm 25. some months ago, i got involved with someone who is only 18. i know how bad this sounds, but if i were 35 n he were 28, no one would bat an eyelid.

anyway. the thing is, i got pregnant. n i can't possibly ask him to assume responsibility. neither do i want to.

we broke up before i found out that i was pregnant. in fact, i'm only abt 4 weeks into the pregnancy. i found out just a few days ago. it was really early, but i was feeling ill and nauseous, so i went to see a doctor.

i didn't think that i could've been pregnant because we used protection every time. i guess i've become a statistic, then. i'm one of the 2% of condom users who got pregnant anyway.

i'm really worried about my baby now. i'm intending to keep it but i'm also worried that i will not be able to handle it.

i'm working and living alone in singapore. i know i have to make major changes in my lifestyle to dedicate my time to my baby when it is born. i'm prepared, but who will take care of my baby when i'm at work?

is it okay to have a nanny / helper taking care of my baby from when he/she is so young?

Hi Single mums..
Hv everyone survive raising up ur baby without the support of ur family? I m a working mum, & i m now planning my own future as my husband hv left house for 3 wks & is now avoiding me.I had a 6 mths old bb, & both my PILs r staying w me in my house, oversee my maid who is the main caregiver of my bb.I had a conflict w his parents, & they do not talk to me, treat me like a stranger in the house..When they go out, they also lock their door.. I'm not sure how long my husband will intend to "hide" & i had thoughts to file for divorce.. I m feeling very sad & emotionally unstable when i tot of the things that my husband had done for this 2 mths.
I do not hv much family support on my side as my mum is sick, & my sis is a single mum & she hv her own sets of problems.. I tot of getting a nanny to take care of my baby while i m working, & i will take care of her at night & on wkends..
However, i m worried that i cant hope, hv anyone survive taking care by yourself without much family support ?

Hi Piggy77,

Dun give up! Hang in there!
I went throught almost a similar experience like you before. Though now still not resolved but am leading a happier life than before!
Trust me, you can make it!

Hi i managed to raise my bb without helping of families..since 2.5mths i put her at infant care..
I am a working mum...and i believe you will be able to raise yr loves ones although you have no supports from family.

Hi Piggy77,

I am a full time working mum with not much family support at all. I have left my hb since jan this yr, till now m still alone with baby staying at my parents place. Not earing much each minth and struggling with baby exoensed and nanny feea all the time.

No matter how hard life h as been, I manageed to kae it till now so i hope u can too!

Cat

Dear all,

i am also a single mum with a almost 1 month old baby girl. i am not married nor divorcing the father. He just do not want us. Had a hard time deciding whether to keep the baby and at last managed to convince myself and family about it. Luckily i have sisters that are willing to support my decision.

There are definately times where i regret keeping the baby but when you see her smile, you will just melt and no regrets.

i am a full time working mum and has no intention to quit. If i quit who will support both of us? So will be getting a maid to take care of baby.

For those still deciding whether to keep the baby, think of what you want in life. do not just see what others are doing and just follow. what others can manage may not be what you can manage. You have to convince yourself mentally what is ahead. it is you and the baby afterall.
Most impt, ignore what others say if you were to keep the baby.

hi everyone there. I am a single mum and happy with a 6 yr old girl. Dont give up, live goes on, be happy and always stay positive. Wanna share any ideas be frens or anything just email me [email protected]

hi kitty cat, im in a rather same situation as you. but for my case, im 20 and my ex bf is onli 1 yr younger then me. when i found out, we have jus broken off too. now in my 4th week pregnancy. but for my case, ive never thought of asking him to be responsible, nor have he said he wan to be responsible. reason being, he have a pending case and was sentenced on 24 and there's nothing that he can do.

im more worried about the after care of the child when im back to work. as i earn abit more then 1k after cpf only, i find it rather hard to have a nanny to look after wif my pae.

HI all,

we are strong women and we love our kids. This love will keep us going.
3 years ago, I tot I can't do it.
But now, my beautiful girl is already 30 mths old. A bubbly little girls who loves singing.

IMagine her singing 'mama hao'--I nearly cried.

reality is harsh, especially when the economy is doing so bad. I think at this point in time, we have to be a bit thick skinned at times and ask for help from others... e.g. see MP and see whether they can write letters for you to obtain discounted childcare, more subsidies in PUB/housing.

If you are staying alone, maybe can get MP's help to secure a HDB rental flat.

It is important, not to give up seeking. When one door close, another door will open somewhere. Keep trying. NOt for oursleves, but for our kids.

The future ahead will always be bright because we have our kids to light the way.

hi

may i join the club? i'm a single mum to a lovely 1 yr old princess.
happy.gif

Hi,

I just thought that I would mention that is a new forum up focusing on single parents in Singapore. It's meant to be a place for single parents to gather to get support, help and just to mingle.

It's at www.sgheroines.org/forum

e TV is on, my son is sleeping, my husband is sleepling.... but i am drowning myself with alcohol.

my marriage, as it turned out, was about the biggest mistake of my life

I have married him, knowing that i do not love him. I have thought to myself that since he loves me so much, i will grow to love him too.

I have had so many suitors, so many envious girlfriends. But i have chosen this guy to marry. I thought he would love me always and will always protect and keep me well. perhaps i was too wishful.

after marriage, things took a terrible turn
it seems he did not really love me that much after all... after the courtship is over, guess all things were different

initially he still try to show his concerns, but as days and years go by, things just got worse

i thought having a baby will make things better

I thought

now, my son is close to 2years old
but my husband is nothing more than a house mate
we share the same house, not the same room
we tell each other stuff only coordination purposes... nothing more

we hardly exchange more than a few sentences each day. i try to console myself and kept telling myself that there are more terrible marriages around. that i should be thankful for all the things i have now

but deep inside me, i am sad, lonely and hope he could pay more attention to me. but each time, i will tell myself that i should not expect, because the more i expect, the worse i will feel. i should be independent. i can live with this, for the sake of my son. i must continue to put up with this meaningless marriage.

well, to be fair. he loves his son. he helps to cook his meals and takes him to walks on weekends.

but to me, he is no longer a husband. he is nothging more than a housemate

when he is back, he will be with his computer. he spends so much time with his notebook, i wonder why i married him in the first place. when i have many stuff to carry, he will not volunteer to help carry. when i try to ask him to help, he will just angrily and loudly say i should ask him nicely to help. perhaps i was a bit agitated that he did not offer at all, hence the not so nice tone when i ask eventually.

small matters become big matters. small matters become triggers to big quarrels. i stop quarrelling with him. because of my son. i just kept quiet. i just kept quiet all the time. bearing with it all.

and then recently, i realised, i can in fact be happy after all. there is someone in the office that is attracted to me. i felt happy because i realised that actually i am attractive still. My husband no longer loves me, i thought it was because i am no longer lovely, no longer attractive.

now, i am contemplating whether to cut loss. we had contemplated divorce, but we had not really made the move.

obviously, the current motivation to divorce him is so that i could start a new life and be able to find happiness again. but i fear that my son will be affected. he is still so young.

what will become of him if i really file for divorce. will he hate me? will he become juvenile deliquent in future? will he be good if he grew in a single parent family? will he be able to understand me, the one who made the move to divorce?

am i too selfish to pursue my happiness? should i just put up with the current state and just keep telling myself that i am indeed very lucky already for all things that i have?

At least he did help to take care of your son.

Go for girls' night out. Go for holidays with gal pals. With you not around, he may start to think of your presence?

U do need a break too =)

I just came back from a one day spa wz my BFF and feels great! Although still tired..... hahhahaaaahahhaa

when we first married, my hubby is like tat too. always got entertainment n come back drunk but i bear with it as i got 1 ds. i gave him chances n chances n after 10yrs of marriage, he finally changed n he is now totally a changed person who take care of the family
happy.gif
now we r happy with 3 boys.

you may want to talk to him about how u feel so that he know tat he is neglecting u. if not u try to take a short break with your hubby even if its only for 1 day... u can have a good talk with him when the mood is right... try getting your mum or mil to look after your child

thanks princessruru

wish i can be happy in this marriage again. why and how was there a change in your husband? did you talk to him?

Hi sadwife2009,
Good day!
So sorry to hear your story.
I am also having the same situation with you, just that i did not marry him.
He will shout at me and yet never realised he is in the wrong at all....at times he will shout & scream at me with bad words esp in front of the kids...
Depends which type of guys u want to talk...if he never realised his mistake, no matter how much you talked to him in sense, he will never understand or knows he is in the wrong.
I feel that you should know him more than us...so if u think he can talk, u talked to him more...if not forget about it.
This is an advise from me....but also depends which is happier for u.
HOpe it helps you of the above info for you.
If you want, u can email to [email protected]

hi coral

thanks for your advice. its true, it really depends on whether he is willing or not. most of the time when i try to talk to him, he tended to be more defensive and refused to listen. sigh.

Hi Carol,
I chanced upon this post. I am in a similar position as you. Send me a PM if you are still active here.

I believe u its not about willing or not willing, most man can accept views from friends but can never accept any crticism from their wife

gone on a business trip and back.

during the trip, however, the friendship i had with the colleague who had expressed interest in me got a bit closer. enjoyed the trip, although a hectic one, mainly because he is around.

I m not sure if i have crossed the boundary of being just a colleague with him. i found myself being happier and light hearted when im with this colleague. really enjoyed myself when im with him. during the trip, due to work, we spent quite a bit of time together.

can anyone please help??? this colleague of mine expressed no expectation from me, he mentioned he likes me the way i am. he knows i m married with a son.

i am concerned, because it seems i m playing with fire here or walking on thin ice. and i m not sure how to treat him and i m not sure if i can control my feelings. and if i were to stop this friendship, i may be back to square one again...

forgot to mention, this male colleague of mine is still single

sadwife, u hav not crossed the line but if u continue this path, u will be tempt to cross it.

Stop it immediately, u have a lot to lose while that man got nothing to lose.

Hi mummies,
I am giving away the following items FOC.
- clothes for baby to abt 1 year old plus child.
- toys

As I have two young children, it is tough for me to carry the stuffs to meet up. So kindly collect from my place at Punggol. Pm me if interested. Thanks alot.

Hi, i m new here too. stumbled upon this place when i was feeling confused.

I am 20 years old this year and currently studying University. I just realised i got pregnant and haf not went to a clinic for a check up. neither haf i told my parents about it. b4 i realised, i was on the verge of breakup wif my bf cos apparently he does not seem to love me anymore. abortion is not a choice for me. i cant bear to kill my own child. but i m currently under the schools' scholarship and if i terminate my studies, i would nid to pay back. i cant even support myself now, neither can i support my kid, how m i supposed to find the money to pay back the scholarship?

I noe if i insist, my bf would be there for me. but i dun wan dat. cos i dun wan a marriage w/o love. if i wanna get married to get divorce, i rather remain a single parent.

Other than that, i dunno how to break the news to my parents. they haf trusted me so much but i haf done such a hurtful thing to them. my family is not well-to-do either, so i cant expect my parents to help me to take care of my kids. so many probs at hand. i dunno how to handle. i noe abortion is the simplest way out, but pls dun tell me to do dat cos it's jus way too cruel to be even considered. there's no one i can talk to. so hopefully, the dear mums out there can gimme some advice. thanks!!! :) i hope to be a good mother, but i cant even take care of myself now. haiz..

Shi Chi,
If I were in your shoes, I'd talk to my parents first. If they are not supportive of you being a single parent, then I would put the child up for adoption.

Don't make the mistake of hiding it from your parents. Perhaps take a week to think on it but you will break your parents' heart more if they suspect anything before you tell them yourself.

Don't get married at this point. Especially not to someone you were already on the verge of breakup with. You can still get married later if he is serious and you are sure you want to marry one another.

Hi, thanks for the advice. i jus told my parents about it n m waiting for them to talk to me again. they're reali disappointed wif me. i guess i wun be able to gif up the child for adoption cos i feel dat he/she is my child and i haf a responsibility to take care of him/ her.

Hi I am new here!!

I have a 6 year old girl and have already divorced for about 4 years. Hope to meet somebody here who can form a support group.

Shi Chi: You are still very young. Talk to your parents and maybe a counsellor will help.

Hi Chris,
Good day!
Ya...we can still keep in contact here...if not we can communicate from email.
Hi Josephine,
Your gal is 6 yr old....mine is 7 yrs old gal and one 3 yr old boy.
Currently are you working?
Hear from you again.

it is hard nt to drwn myself with alcohol

i have forced myself to let go of that collegue of mine. i will have to learn to live without him.

husband is still as cold towards me

suggested marriage counseling, he refused

wrote him a letter telling him how miserable i m
but no response from him

really feel like calling it quits
wat is the point of holding on

i have started to meet up with friends (female ones) to reduce stress
i wonder how long i can take it

recently, husband has shown signs of violence
smashing bowls when scolding maid
scolded her for the slightest mistake almost every other day, and scold her so loudly and badly that maid will cry and calling quits

such behaviour is not good for baby right?
i always try to shield baby by bringing him to room and close the door
but even then, we could hear what is going on in the kitchen. he literally shouted at her

i hate all these
waht am i supposed to do?

Hi Josephine/Coral

I am divorced. I have a 7yo boy and 4yo girl
Hope we can form a support group and have some kind of gathering.

dun give up. breaking up a marriage is miserable.
think of your son. He still love your son? have a good talk with him, take a holiday break. There's shall be love, if not you wouldnt marry him.

hi,sad to hear that. im a gg to be divorcee.
with one son and fighting custody care n ctrl now. legal fees drowning me... and $500 fm that man in our joint acct for household deduction. struggling with my only paycheck. sad sad sad. today i m upset over my child and thot i shld quit n spend time with my child. however thinking of the $ i need to pay to my lawyer n staying w aged folks at home. Haiz.. im extremely upset...

Back