Sharing your views on Bad/Good Overseas Spree Organisers

Hi Happywai,

Thank you for being so considerate for not adding stress to me. However, in your above post, you did not mentioned that you changed your order after you have posted.

Yes, I changed my colour after I posted my order... AND I informed you about the change on yr thread... See yr thread here.. Don't tell me we cant change colour after we place order?

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/4826724.html?1291500620

As I said in my email to you, a mistake is a mistake. Don't keep harping on the fact that I change colour after I ordered.. There is NOTHING WRONG with that. I changed colour BEFORE you place order from RL, NOT AFTER.

And no need to thank me for being considerate. I mean it when I say I accept the wrong order so as not to add stress to you.

HI happywai,

I think you got me wrong. I sincerely and really meant to thank you for being considerate.

Hi Simplee,

What puzzles me is why are you still denying happywai's change of orders in your post here when she had already brought up this issue via emails to you?

Frankly I don't see you sounded apologetic here at all.

I once changed my order size from organiser xman but she overlooked. She immediately acknowledged her mistake and asked my account for refund.

I think the least a good organiser can do is to offer to have the loots back and resell if possible to reduce loss and not try to 'stuff' the wrong orders down buyers' throat.

Oopsgal's suggestion to rina is good. Just that some organizers will flat out refuse to share breakdowns. Which in my opinion is a good indication that something fishy has gone down.
All learnt through reading this spreadsheet n the recent posts. 

Hi hi,
would like to post my appreciation for organizer "mooska" here.

She had been friendly in attending my enquiry on shipping cost and even initiated an email when she found that my ordered item is not shipped by merchant. I think her action is commendable cos I feel respected as a spreeist.

Furthermore, she listed her own ordered item and shipping cost in the final consolidated table - very transparent organizer!

well ... there are material cost S$0.50 charged, personally I don't mind cos those wrapping/scotch tapes are cost and the amount is minimal.

<font color="aa00aa">Mooska, thumbs up for your good work in JC Penney spree! Keep it up!</font>

I hope to encounter more of such transparent and real organizer in SMH ... I'm glad I've met one
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">Advise to displeased people who "demand" their comments to be posted in spreadsheet but comments have been removed with NO notice given:</font>
1. ask moderator to set up a system too, see if moderator can help:
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2/1489806.html?1289207918
2. Post with your own forum nick OR nicks in this forum, if cannot post here, do post in other threads
3. Create your own spreadsheet and have your own rules
4. <font color="ff0000">DO NOT “SPAM” THE SPREADSHEET or mis-use spreadsheet</font>
5. Do not view or post if think spreadsheet is unfair

<font color="ff0000">This spreadsheet is for BAD/GOOD OVERSEAS SPREE ORGANISERS ONLY. Please <u> do not post in spreadsheet </u> if you disagreed with the terms or think is “unfair”.</font>

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1"> Things not to ask:</font></font>
1. who have posted the comments in the spreadsheet, as no records are shown. That is the pro and also con of the spreadsheet – anonymous for entry of records. Please do exercise your own judgement when reading the comments posted by others.
<u>Do beware of:</u> Bad organisers might post comments of themselves as "good organisers" or bad spreeists might also sabotage good organisers in spreadsheet etc.
2. for modification of spreadsheet (sorting the records or adding new information columns etc) as it is time consuming. Thank you for your understanding.

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">To view:</font></font>
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Armzq9tp4Q3ZdDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE&amp;hl=en&amp;output=html

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">To post:</font></font>
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE6MQ

<font color="0000ff">Only selected comments made will be posted in the spreadsheet/forum to share.</font>
<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Please be considerate when entering comments.</font></font>

Thank you for sharing your comments/views on spree organisers. Hopefully a rating system will be created soon by moderator...

kerene
Thank you for sharing your view. Glad still got good organiser.
happy.gif

For <font color="ff0000">change of order</font> maybe can try BOLD or put in <font size="+1">color fonts &amp; bigger text</font>, so organisers can see? Also PM/email them so if they miss out, still might read emails.

<font color="aa00aa">Hi, oppsgal:</font> <font color="000000">Just a general question to ask since you are a spreeist
happy.gif
, would you like to have your shipping charge computed based on actual weight of items or the volumetric weight of items based on a formula used commonly by the courier companies?

I think there has been some disputes recently on shipping charges and this could be one of the reason. Certain item on its own individual form may be pretty light weight but when bundle with all the bubble wrapping and foams and into a package to protect the integrity of the items for the purpose of international freighting, the volumentric weight can be a shock.

Courier companies will usually compute both the actual weight as well as the volumetic weight and the higher rate/cost of the 2 weights will be made chargeable to the spree organiser.

In such case, which weight is preferred when spree organiser passed on the cost to spreeist? Probably with such preference made known by fellow spreeists to spree organiser, such shipping cost disputes may be reduced.

Or is such shipping charge computation solely at the discretion of the spree organiser? Will it be a much better arrangement to made known to fellow spreeists that only one type of weight i.e. either volumetric weight or the actual weight will be chargeable?

So far, I think Oceans has a pretty clear and concise tabulation of her shipping charges in her The Book People (TBP) spree which I have participated.
happy.gif
</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Hi, oppsgal:</font> <font color="000000">Probably for items which are oddly shaped for example toys then volumetric weight may be considered.

With the Vpost calculator, spreeists can have a rough estimate of the shipping charges involved. Thanks.
happy.gif
</font>

Posting on behalf of Liquidskycc

Hi OopsGal, can you post on behalf - I've not excess but would like to mention the below:

I've been reading along and basically the shipping chargers due to spreeist are not in favor from some spree organizers. I frequently join trusted organizers like Jxmum, mariepumkin, eliciamum, dreamz, tanlengleng and recently Aynixaynix - so far I'm pleased to pay what's advised. But sometimes there's spree I join because I need a certain product and I've found to be in no position to say much but just go with the flow and pay-up, lesson = never join that organizer again!

Pointless to say if you are not heard and a whole community starts to tell you otherwise.

Read T&amp;C carefully before joining a spree, don't feel 100% sure than it's a roll of a dice chance you might just end up paying more than you bargain when your pricy goods arrive ;(.

i second mummy liquidskycc.

"trusted organizers like Jxmum, mariepumkin, eliciamum, dreamz, tanlengleng and recently Aynixaynix" i've joined all these mummies except dreamz &amp; always had good experiences. i have 3 favourites among them but the other 3 r good too.

Agreed with Liquidskycc.

Sometimes our favorite organisers do not have the spree that we needed to join to get certain items, so spreeists have no choice but to "take risk" and hopefully if lucky, the spree organiser you have not joined before will turn out alright with reasonable shipping.

If unlucky, what can we spreeists do? If we are charged super high shipping, and the organiser whom spreeist has not joined before refused to show on the receipt of shipping cost? Should we refused to pay shipping and lost the amount we have paid for the items, or we still paid for the SUPER HIGH SHIPPING?

<font color="aa00aa">Hi, Olwen Lim:</font> <font color="000000">But it seems like some of the trusted organisers listed above (i.e. Jxmum, mariepumkin, eliciamum, dreamz, tanlengleng and recently Aynixaynix) are reducing their no. of sprees in SMH. Or they have organised private sprees instead to limit the spree to only their trusted spreeists.</font>

<font color="aa00aa">Hi, oppsgal:</font> <font color="000000">If you need the item which you have purchased from a spree, you will definitely be at the mercy of the spree organiser and end up having to pay for the shipping charge incurred.
sad.gif
</font>

bubuchan

That's why I don't usually join new organisers. Rather stick to my favourite organisers.
happy.gif

Or buy cheap items from new organisers (if incurred ridiculous high shipping) then ask for the invoice.

Hi bubuchan,
totally agree w u...those trusted organisers their spree always v hot, most of the time will close the spree within short time, we not even hav time to join unless we r super fast...and some of them only open to their Regular spreeists ONLY...
some new organisers oso not bad...prompt reply and well organized...

<font color="000000">If one assume the role of a spree organiser, you will like to have spreeist who is prompt in their payment (in terms of the cost of the item as well as the shipping/courier/postage charges) and being prompt when comes to collection of item.

If one assume the role of a spreeist, you will like to have spree organiser who is prompt in their updates (on shipment status, OOS of items, arrival and collection of items) as well as show breakdown on shipping charges incurred (via the invoices from the supplier) and/or the formula used for calculating/splitting the shipping charges to respective spreeists.

I think the feeling is mutual and such trust has to be built upon possibly after few pleasant dealings between spree organiser and spreeists.

So far I have joined 2 sprees organised by Oceans and xman respectively and my dealings with them have been a pleasant experience
happy.gif
</font>

thanks for sharing the list. Very helpful. I have just ordered from one of the 'not so good' spree organiser, keeping my finger crossed.
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">Advise to displeased people who "demand" their comments to be posted in spreadsheet but comments have been removed with NO notice given:</font>
1. ask moderator to set up a system too, see if moderator can help:
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2/1489806.html?1289207918
2. Post with your own forum nick OR nicks in this forum, if cannot post here, do post in other threads
3. Create your own spreadsheet and have your own rules
4. <font color="ff0000">DO NOT “SPAM” THE SPREADSHEET or mis-use spreadsheet</font>
5. Do not view or post if think spreadsheet is unfair

<font color="ff0000">This spreadsheet is for BAD/GOOD OVERSEAS SPREE ORGANISERS ONLY. Please <u> do not post in spreadsheet </u> if you disagreed with the terms or think is “unfair”.</font>

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1"> Things not to ask:</font></font>
1. who have posted the comments in the spreadsheet, as no records are shown. That is the pro and also con of the spreadsheet – anonymous for entry of records. Please do exercise your own judgement when reading the comments posted by others.
<u>Do beware of:</u> Bad organisers might post comments of themselves as "good organisers" or bad spreeists might also sabotage good organisers in spreadsheet etc.
2. for modification of spreadsheet (sorting the records or adding new information columns etc) as it is time consuming. Thank you for your understanding.

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">To view:</font></font>
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Armzq9tp4Q3ZdDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE&amp;hl=en&amp;output=html

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">To post:</font></font>
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDlUNXZuU3FhckZIYzNMVTVPakNkRVE6MQ

<font color="0000ff">Only selected comments made will be posted in the spreadsheet/forum to share.</font>
<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Please be considerate when entering comments.</font></font>

Thank you for sharing your comments/views on spree organisers. Hopefully a rating system will be created soon by moderator...

Would like to say thank you to Simplee for her ON/Gap spree. Prompt in computing shipping and handling collection matters. Nice meeting you Simplee.

I am glad that "Simplee's" shipping price is reasonable and on average charges. For a fleece jacket, I am paying $5+ for the shipping.

Gosh...still seeing red over the $17 shipping charges on my velour jacket from another spree organizer!

Hi mommies,
thanks to Rina &amp; tinarin for sharing on ON/GAP Spree. Now I'm feeling a bit disappointed cos I joined ON/GAP with another organizer of the similar time as yours and just got my stuffs.

I thought all shipping (if via weight) should be similar so I choose base on convenience pick up ... but after checking Simplee's spree, it seems otherwise
sad.gif

My stuffs weighs <font color="0000ff">1940grams</font> and I paid int'l shipping cost <font color="0000ff">S$34.31</font>.
For orders weighing <font color="ff0000">2710grams</font>, int'l shipping cost <font color="ff0000">S$23.31</font> in Simplee's spree.
<font color="aa00aa">If my shipping based on Simplee's int'l shipping cost = S$23.31/2710g x 1940g = S$16.694 --> mine is additional S$17.616</font>

Understand it is all Organizer's call and free will in joining sprees, but can't help feeling disappointed cos I always feel that SMH is a place for moms to share experience and resources.

I think spreeists should make and ensure all organizers to show detailed breakdown of all costs upon confirmation on shipping cost to be fair.
I know many organizers are doing that now, but hope after my this posting, they won't hold back cos it <font color="0000ff">may</font> cause more more questioning or deter gains (if any).

<font color="ff6000">Thumbs up for this thread! Thumbs up for those great organizers!</font>

For those mommies who like ON/GAP like me, my research on Nov ON/GAP 30% sprees:
- Simplee - shipping cost breakdown with weights spree thread
- Twinkle - shipping cost breakdown with weights spree thread
- hellobee - shipping cost breakdown with points spree thread
- piglet74 - shipping cost lumped without breakdown spree thread
- jxmum - still in transit spree thread
- Jo - handcarry spree thread
- stressie spree thread

<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msexcel.gif
ON1.xls (36.9 k)</td></tr></table></center><center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msexcel.gif
ON2.xls (38.9 k)</td></tr></table></center>

hi kerene,

just want to share.. one side story from organizer..
happy.gif
(hope u are ok)

I think the shipping charges depend on the luck.
*I means it's depend on how merchant do the packaging.
If merchant pack in small boxes then it is very good cos save a lot.
But if pack in big boxes then headache comes. hehehe..

For my case, my first 2 batches were pack in such a big box that i need to repack. 1st box was packed at 9kg, actual weight is less than 3kg. 2nd box was pack at 15kg, actual weight is less than 5kg.

I was very shocked and surprised.
You can imagine how panic and stress thinking whether the last 2 boxes come in another big box or small box.

Luckily my last 2 batches were not packed in a such big boxes.

Hi Josephine,
thanks for sharing!

Yes, to avoid myself having 心病 and dwell into my own assumptions, I decided to drop my organizer a mail for clarification. She had explained to me that her boxes come in big-sized and she had screenshot the vPost charges.

Guess one won't know the nitty-gritty details until one tries to organize a spree.

Hi Kerene

I did not post breakdown but anyone who ask i am most willing to share. from your posting above i feel that my work is not being appreciated, do i need to hold a full time job then also to do spree for my spreeist and sleep at 3am then wakes up at 6am to prepare to go to work! Guess u do not understand the tireness we spree organizer faces
Think is really time for me to stop doing spree
I do spree as passion, but seems that this thread become finger pointing..so sian.
Will only do spree for regulars upon request..

Piglet74
It is not easy to do a spree.
I used to have 1 mummy paid $80++(shipping) for a bag.
ON only send 1 item in the box...
Worst part is sometime the box so big but with few items.
Take it easy.

Hi Serene Kor $80 for shipping is nothing..compared to my friend she placed an order with disney, for a Doll gift set, cost US$55 for the dolls, shipping is being charge $200 over, so go ahead to ship she will have to pay $300 over include the toys, what to do, if discard she still have to pay S$70 for the cost of toys but get nothing, but will people understand?

SIZE OF PARCEL IS NOT CONTROLLED BY ORGANISER.
DO YOUR OWN SPREE IF U ALWAYS WANT TO MARK HOW MUCH PEOPLE EARNED FROM U.
I REALLY SEE NO POINT EXPLAINING. THE BEST WAY IS DO YOUR OWN SPREE AND ONE DAY U WILL KNOW
AS ORGANISER WE ARE GOT TO RUSH FOR SALE DATELINE, UPON REC IF VPOST OR COMGATE GAVE US A HIGH SHIPPING COST WE GOT TO DO SO MUCH EXPLAINATION. I REALLY FEEL VERY TIRED
IN THE END WE NOT ABLE TO GET LOW SHIPPING THEN WILL GET ALL THE SCOLDING AND FINGER POINTING BY SPREEIST, REALLY NOT WORTH

VERY SAD &amp; DISAPPOINTED

piglet,
Don't be sad. I have joined your sprees so many times, and I think that you are a good and reliable organizer.

kerene,
I ordered tons of stuff from USA before, including Old Navy, Amazon, etc. It is very common that merchants ship in large boxes that are filled mostly with air. I still have to pay the high shipping charge.

I used to organize sprees and I kept worrying that about the shipping charge. If it is too high, it will be very difficult to explain to other people.

That is why now I only do fixed rate shipping, like from gymboree.com, and direct shipping from amazon (fixed rate by book).

<font color="000000">For packages that comes with free domestic shipping, since it is free domestic shipping within the same country/state i.e. US, the merchant/supplier doesn't really care about the package size i.e. the size of the boxes simply because the address given is within US and that entitles to free domestic shipping.

The merchant/supplier do not know that (or should I say, not concern with) the place of receipt in US for example, which is actually a consolidated point and the same package will then be send out of US to Singapore and it is at the point of consolidation that Vpost or Comgateway etc determines the shipping charges, based on the volumetric weight or the actual weight, whichever weight is higher.

So it is true indeed that spree organizer have no control of the package size and how packaging is done. Spree organizer can only feedback to merchant/supplier and hopefully with frequent dealing they have a better understanding of their requirement i.e. consolidate as many items as possible in one package etc.

Hopefully this can clear some misunderstanding.</font>

hi bubuchan,

Agree with you.
It is correct and true.
Merchant/Supplier do not care about the package size because it is free and they send to local address.

oh dear. Piglet, calm down. I understand how you feel when you had done your best but yet you still get scolding from people, especially when they don't pay you/pay you a token fee only. Really not worth it, but when you think about the shared shipping fees that you get to save on, you just gotta grit your teeth and do it.. haha. *pat pats*

Agree with those who tried to explain the shipping fees part. It's really not up to us as organisers to choose. It's not as if we can tell the merchant to pack in a smaller box as well (i tried and i got rebuked by the CSO somemore...)

Hi all,

I would like to point out that simplee is using <font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">volumetric weight</font></font> in her sprees to allocate shippings costs which explains the <font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">low cost per g of volumetric weight</font></font> while i'm using <font size="+1"><font color="0000ff">actual weight</font></font>.

<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">Since the basis of allocation is different, i think it wld not b appropriate to compare.</font></font>

============================================
<font size="+1">Extracted from simplee's Calvin Klein Spree (http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/590029/4728283.html):</font>

Posted on Thursday, November 25, 2010 - 12:54 pm: Edit Post Delete Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Hi joeyz,
the shipment has just arrived at VpostUSA today.

Hi mummies,

The actual weight of the shipment is 2.9kg and Vpost is charging us at the <font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">volume weight of 7.2kg.</font></font>
I have called Vpost to remeasure the box and waiting for their reply.

-----------------------------------

Hi Mummies,

If your shipping cost under the TOPUP/(REFUND) column is in (Bracket), kindly email me your acc no for refund and reconfirm your collection method.
If not, kindly transfer the balance, email me the transfer details, reconfirm your collection method and advise when you would like to pick it up from me.
Please email me your mobile nos for those who opt for meet up collection and address for those who opt for postage.

Shipping Charges
<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Item</TD><TD>Size</TD><TD>Color</TD><TD>Item Cost (SGD)</TD><TD>Items Total Cost (SGD)</TD><TD>Weight</TD><TD>Int'l Shipping (SGD)</TD><TD>Total</TD><TD>Payment Received</TD><TD>Top up / (Refund)</TD><TD>Collection </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joeyz</TD><TD>Petal Sleeve Tunic</TD><TD>L</TD><TD>White</TD><TD>$17.13 </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>$17.13 </TD><TD>663</TD><TD>$5.90 </TD><TD>$23.03 </TD><TD>$17.13 </TD><TD>$5.90 </TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>Qugene</TD><TD>MOTOR PRINT BURNOUT SHIRT</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Steel Grey</TD><TD>$28.55 </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>$28.55 </TD><TD>819</TD><TD>$7.29 </TD><TD>$35.84 </TD><TD>$71.38 </TD><TD>($35.54)</TD><TD>Tanjong Pagar MRT </TD></TR><TR><TD>yanti</TD><TD>RINSE DENIM SMOCKED TOP DRESS</TD><TD>P/L</TD><TD>Rinse Denim</TD><TD>$23.79 </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>$23.79 </TD><TD>1,417</TD><TD>$12.61 </TD><TD>$36.40 </TD><TD>$23.79 </TD><TD>$12.61 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>meizi</TD><TD>SLUB JERSEY SHIRTFRONT</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>Black</TD><TD>$19.03 </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>STERLING STRIPE POLO</TD><TD>S</TD><TD>White</TD><TD>$19.03 </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>$38.06 </TD><TD>1,982</TD><TD>$17.64 </TD><TD>$55.70 </TD><TD>$61.38 </TD><TD>($5.68)</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Staphni</TD><TD>RINSE DENIM SMOCKED TOP DRESS</TD><TD>P/L</TD><TD>Rinse Denim</TD><TD>$23.79 </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>PETAL SLEEVE SQUARENECK TOP</TD><TD>P/L</TD><TD>Olive Night</TD><TD>$14.29 </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>LIFE LINE LOGO TEE</TD><TD>L</TD><TD>White</TD><TD>$19.03 </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>$57.11 </TD><TD>2,319</TD><TD>$20.64 </TD><TD>$77.75 </TD><TD>$57.09 </TD><TD>$20.66 </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Total</TD><TD><font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">7200</font></font></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

============================================

Hope the above explanation will prevent any future misunderstandings/unhappiness!

I wonder how organizers measure the volumetric weight of each piece of clothing. Clothes are not tightly packed in boxes, there is always lot so spaces. How do they account for empty space ?

hi bubuchan,
i totally agree with u.. those who never organize a spree before, they wont know there's alot of hiddle obligations the organizer have to the spreeists...

for eg, if the organizer got sick and couldnt reply timely, the spreeist will think the organizer MIA... and when the shipment came fm US in big boxes packed (not our control) but some spreeist still feel tat we cheated them with heavy shipping...

honestly, the hard work is done and yet when the boxes got packed too big, the spreeist go after the organizer and not being the least least understanding tat the organizer have no control over the packing and insisting tat the organizer reverse the shipping.. haiz.. i gana once from the Kate spade spree earlier on when the KS packed the boxes so uneconomically and the i got blamed for it..very sad and disappointing...

i personally feel tat the shipping diff from one organizer to another due to many many reasons. so it's rather hard to do a fair compasion of "apple to apple"

tamarind. i am not sure how your spree orgs usually do the measurement, but for myself, i will do it via ratio. so if your items' actual weight is 1kg and total shipment actual weight is 5kg but vol weight is 10kg, i will take 1/5 *10... is this fair? haha.

pooh3bear, totally agree with you (with bubuchan..) hahah. we just gotta look on the brighter side, at those spree-ers who appreciate the hard work!
happy.gif

haha, esp when we use Vpost, the volumetic weight is being charge in by vpost, then the actual weight of the item is only this much... 1 spreeist ask me b4, y should she pay for volumetic weight in the first place. she is only willing to pay for her item weight... haiz..

for my RL and KS spree, im using 2 calculations. i divide out the excess volumetic weight to each item and then plus the item weigh.. so each item will have 2 shipping fig to it.

not sure if anyone think it's still unfair..hee hee... cant be 1 organizer still need to organize spree and then still nd to pay for the excess volumetic weight tat is charged by vpost and not the spree organizer,....?? right??

<font color="000000">I think it is pretty unfair that spree organizer after all the hardwork, have to adsorb the balance amount resulting from the difference between volumetric and actual weight which sometime could be very drastic and unbelieveable.

Why is the higher of the 2 weights made chargeable to spree organizer -> It is so because that depends how much space (volumetric) that you have occupied the entire aircraft carrier since most are done via airfreight. The bigger your package, the less package can be loaded per aircraft for consolidation.

As for the weight, there is a maximum boarding/loading limit per aircraft and that is determine by the weight of the package. The heavier your package, less packages may be loaded per aircraft in order not to exceed the maximum boarding limit.

Some courier companies are big enough to own aircraft. Those are the courier companies that are able to offer you better shipping rate. But some smaller capacity can only rent aircraft from airlines such as SQ and if that is the case, the shipping rate may not be that cheap since rental has to be factored in.

Probably such weight issue to be made known as part of the terms and conditions to create awareness i.e. should there be a difference in the 2 weights, whichever higher charge will be imposed and transcend to the spreeists. Of course, we have to show the affected shipping document as evidence that such charges are not imposed to them without any reasons.

Why do you organiser spree -> To buy something that you want and divide/share the shipping charge incur. Sometime could be to hit a certain MOQ so that domestic shipping cost can be waived.

Why do you join spree -> To get something that you like without paying for the full shipping charges incur.

The reason to join/organise a spree is simple, yet certain issues such as package size, calculation on how to split shipping charges etc has inevitably strain the relationship between spree organizer and spreeist. At the end of the day, it is companies like Singpost, Comgateway, Vpost that benefits from it. After all spree organizer can't question them why certain formula are adopted to calculate volumetric weight etc.

In my humble opinion, I think most good organizers have either reduce their sprees or restrict their spree to only regular spreeist probably due to such shipping issues.
sad.gif
</font>

haha, hey maybe we should create a thread whereby all the spree organizer gets tog to share the experiences and encounters... also can share with one another the good and the bad spreeists...

then at least we dun side track frm this threaD...

header of the thread : <font color="ff0000">Sharing your views on Bad/Good Spreeists</font>

idea rite? :p

hi Josephine,

oki, i dun mind.. but first i nd to figure out how to do up the spreedsheet for pple to key in online like the one oppsgal is doing now for feedbacks on the spree organisers
happy.gif

haha. aiyo. so poor thing, for those who are labelled as bad spreeists.. later people don't let them join their sprees!
happy.gif

celia,
haha, good to know who's the good and bad one then the organizers can look out for and judge accordingly. this is only a guide, the spree organizer still have the right to accept the orders or not
happy.gif

purpose is not to boycott any bad spreeists, but just to create awareness since there's one on spree organizers, i feel there should also have one on spreeists...

then pple wont keep mistaken that the spree organizer is earning $$ from the sprees... which i duno y, nowadays, most spreeists think in this manner...

and recently, there's a speeist, who join sprees, get in low price sale items, and sold them at here at a higher pricing... was being made known by one of the "monitoress patron" who posted to request moderator to take away all her selling threads. Profits are earned, judging at the price she had paid thr sprees and the price she sells...

<font color="aa00aa">Hi, pooh3bear:</font> <font color="000000">I think this is the thread that you are referring to:-

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2/302091.html?1292429208

I agree with your statement <font color="0000ff">purpose is not to boycott any bad spreeists, but just to create awareness since there's one on spree organizers, i feel there should also have one on spreeists...</font>

Whichever form of appraisal, ranking and feedback system we introduce, the assessment is solely based on one's perception and judgement, there are bound to be some form of exploitation to such performance related system. I mean, the word <font color="0000ff">fairness</font> is pretty relative in this world. Ultimately, spree organizers and spreeists have to exercise their discretion whether to accept the feedbacks/comments. One can't possibly satisfy everybody, some will adore us, some will dislikes us.

I think we just need a space for us to relieve our fustration, after all, we assume multi-roles and responsibilities at home and at work i.e. wife/mummy/daughter/daughter-in-law/employee/employer.

As life gets more demanding especially for us ladies, let's hope that we can empathise with one another.
happy.gif
</font>

hi bubuchan,

yup, i read abt tat incident thr tat thread. the spree organizer mahalia, posted on her thread said she's nt taking in any more of the said spreeist orders frm nw on... the high profit is made if someone buys it... the good n hardwork effort of the spree organizer goes down unnoticeable...

i think more or less, it takes one spree organizer to understand another spree organizer...

wow...
happy.gif
it is seems chy always monitoring hoh...
wow... she has so much time to filter hoh...

me sometimes lost the thread... hahahaha :D
salute to her... hehehehe

Now i know that we can not sell BN at WTS thread.. wow...
happy.gif

pooh3bear: oh... didn't know it's so "happening" here about spree organisers VS spreeists. hahaha. yeah, i agree that nowadays people will think that spree org earn alot.. hello.. we just want to get our items.. sometimes we don't earn, we even pay out of pocket to top-ups etc lor. haha.

oh.. that is so bad lah. but actually i just want to highlight that sometimes i also sell BN items at higher pricing than the sales price at site.. but that is because i bought it at the non sales price mah, so logically i will price it at what i bought it at.. haha. but maybe for this spreeist, it's really profiting lor
sad.gif

Back