September 2016 Mummies!

Hi all mummies...
Today, I am very excited because I managed to change my appointment to an earlier date as a patient has given up a slot for tomorrow. May I know what kind of ultrasound scan will be used for approximately 5-6 weeks pregnancy? Abdominal or Viginal? :oops: Thank you.

Hi Mummies,

I am sooooooooooo lost now. Had our first try during our Xmas trip. Suddenly got a feeling and give it a test yesterday, it showed + but menses should due today. Tested with three test kit, two showed the same result. Haven start to feel any changes in my body but only PANIC. What should I do now and what I can and cannot eat? Any mummies can advise here? Self count, EDD shld be near to end Sep.

Thanks a million.

Fishdreamz congrats! maybe wait 2-3 more days and test again. I’m currently on folic acid too haven’t seen doc yet. but I’m should be going down next friday

lacirmalake & Cherrycheries: yes i agree is quite hard to manage a toddler when ya pregnant. Now my tod is super sticky do your tods too?

btw do u gals experience this? "This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors." why do i have to wait for moderator approve? anyone knows?

Hi all mummies...
Today, I am very excited because I managed to change my appointment to an earlier date as a patient has given up a slot for tomorrow. May I know what kind of ultrasound scan will be used for approximately 5-6 weeks pregnancy? Abdominal or Viginal? :oops: Thank you.

I just came back from mine! It's transvaginal scan :)

Hi aaa111,
Sorry for the late reply, the doctor at Polyclinic (not GP, typo in my previous post) gave me a referral letter because I don't have any gynae in my mind at all. I have discussed with my husband after reading your post. :rolleyes: We decided to go to KKH private. We also prefer a lady OB/GYN so will be looking at the doctor's profile soon. :)

No worries. I type wrongly all the time. It is great to know that your hubby & you have made a decision. KKH website have listing of their Gynac, got photo too. As a general rule of thumb, those that are carrying the title, Senior consultant are most expensive, their waiting time typically are longer too. None of the Gynac in KKH offer package, all are base on per visit basis. I was told that medication & test tends to be cheaper in KKH as compare with private hospital.

Oh ya, when you decide on the specific doctor, you should call KKH to make appt, remember to ask the nurse whether your chosen Gynac are still willing to delivery baby, i understand that there are some doctors in Singapore have decided not to help anyone give birth after a certain cut off date, the reason is due to some their medical practise insurance coverage issue.

The total cost to give birth in KKH as a private patient is pretty close to places like TMC (10-20% difference). You can go to MOH website, they show median price that patient are paying in each hospital within Singapore. Fairly up to date satistic so that you can plan your finances better. Do note that the prices show on the MOH website only cover the delivery process, it does not factor in all other pre natal check, test etc etc.

All the best

do you have any gynae to recommend? dont want to costly but overall good de.. i might need to C-sect due to spine problem.

Hello,

To contain cost, i will advise you to go to polyclinic to get a referral letter so that you can be a subsidise patient at govt hospital. However you will not to pick the doctor that you desire. As you mention, you have spine problem, i was guessing that if they assign you to a more junior doctor who is not confident to handle your condition, they might activate one of their senior doctor to look after you and you still get to enjoy subsidise rate? Make sense?

Just need to fingercross you do not bump into a overconfident junior doctor who wanna to "try try" on his own and refuse to seek his senior doctor help until it is very late.

All the best

Hi Sept mummies to be!

I have yet to test if I'm pregnant. But I know I have missed my period. May I know if any1 of you tested in the evening? I just bought the kit and awaiting to test at home later.

keke... and if this is ++++, this will be my 2nd baby! *still as gan jiong as the 1st pregnancy! oh dear...*

Hello,

To contain cost, i will advise you to go to polyclinic to get a referral letter so that you can be a subsidise patient at govt hospital. However you will not to pick the doctor that you desire. As you mention, you have spine problem, i was guessing that if they assign you to a more junior doctor who is not confident to handle your condition, they might activate one of their senior doctor to look after you and you still get to enjoy subsidise rate? Make sense?

Just need to fingercross you do not bump into a overconfident junior doctor who wanna to "try try" on his own and refuse to seek his senior doctor help until it is very late.

All the best
Thanks aaa111!

No worries. I type wrongly all the time. It is great to know that your hubby & you have made a decision. KKH website have listing of their Gynac, got photo too. As a general rule of thumb, those that are carrying the title, Senior consultant are most expensive, their waiting time typically are longer too. None of the Gynac in KKH offer package, all are base on per visit basis. I was told that medication & test tends to be cheaper in KKH as compare with private hospital.

Oh ya, when you decide on the specific doctor, you should call KKH to make appt, remember to ask the nurse whether your chosen Gynac are still willing to delivery baby, i understand that there are some doctors in Singapore have decided not to help anyone give birth after a certain cut off date, the reason is due to some their medical practise insurance coverage issue.

The total cost to give birth in KKH as a private patient is pretty close to places like TMC (10-20% difference). You can go to MOH website, they show median price that patient are paying in each hospital within Singapore. Fairly up to date satistic so that you can plan your finances better. Do note that the prices show on the MOH website only cover the delivery process, it does not factor in all other pre natal check, test etc etc.

All the best
Hi aaa111,
Thanks very much for all the useful info and good advices. Looks like we have so many things to check out! :)

Hi aaa111,
Thanks very much for all the useful info and good advices. Looks like we have so many things to check out! :)

Now worries at all.

Your baby should be happy that his/her mummy is concern enough to take time to ask and find out more. I reccommend you to go thru this learning process with together with your hubby. Thru it, both of you will learn more about the topic, about each other and bond closer. Ultimately both of you will need to jointly decide how to raise your child. Having a common understanding & style will make it easier for your child and he/she will be less confuse. (Avoid things like "why alsways ask mummy is cannot and ask daddy sure ok de" etc etc

Cheers

Hi all Sept mummies-to-be! I'm coming along near 4-5weeks, have been experiencing lower back aches and cramps, had some light spotting today. Feeling a little worried and my first gynae appointment is coming this Sat. Praying hard that everything is ok..

Welcome all and congrats all sep to be mummies!

HelloMeh don't worry everything will be fine :) I read up again 4-5 weeks usually will cramp abit n spot Cus baby making in process inside hehehe

Hello sepbb, thank you for assuring.
Hehe what I read about too.. But can't help worrying that I'm counting down to Sat.. What's worst is office having some major renovation with all the drilling and hammering driving me nuts and making me so scare too. Shall stay positive!

Any ladies here have bloatness?
I cant eat alot per meal but after few hrs I get hungry....but each meal can only consume a lil bir of food.
After that super bloat.
I didnt throw up just feel very acidic in the tummy....
Have 5 small meals a day instead of ur normal 3 . Can try Taking healthy snacks In between e meals . At this stage , u are going thru many changes .. Just take it easy . Don't stress . Congrats !!

i realise taking fruits is easier to stomach down than normal food.. i am right now at the stage where everything puts me off except fruits..

i feel hungry but my brain says otherwise... sighs.. really worried for my bb inside.. hopefully my fruits make up for it....

Clairechua, congrats! Can see beanie? Hehe. I am still not sure when to schedule my gynae visit.

ctan13, I tested last night (about 2 days before my menses due date). I use Clearblue hehe. But it also depends on individual for the test kit :) Can try it out.

Now worries at all.

Your baby should be happy that his/her mummy is concern enough to take time to ask and find out more. I reccommend you to go thru this learning process with together with your hubby. Thru it, both of you will learn more about the topic, about each other and bond closer. Ultimately both of you will need to jointly decide how to raise your child. Having a common understanding & style will make it easier for your child and he/she will be less confuse. (Avoid things like "why alsways ask mummy is cannot and ask daddy sure ok de" etc etc

Cheers
Hi aaa111,
Thanks for your advice again..:) Yes. We will do our best together and will learn to be the best mummy and daddy. Looking forward to be first time parents! :p

Yup! I saw, but couldn't hear the heartbeat. Only see it thru the screen. It's 6 weeks 2 days for me, doc says should be delivering in Aug despite EDD on 4th Sep! Best news ever!
Hi clairechua,
Wow! I am happy for you! I am going down to KKH tomorrow afternoon. Not sure what to expect but hopefully I can see my beanie too! Have you confirm your gynae? Thks for sharing. :)

Hi clairechua,
Wow! I am happy for you! I am going down to KKH tomorrow afternoon. Not sure what to expect but hopefully I can see my beanie too! Have you confirm your gynae? Thks for sharing. :)

I have been seeing Dr SF Loh aft my ectopic, I guess I will be continuing my journey with him... That's if he doesn't push me away. Haha. The suspense was unbelievable, I couldn't sleep...!

i realise taking fruits is easier to stomach down than normal food.. i am right now at the stage where everything puts me off except fruits..

i feel hungry but my brain says otherwise... sighs.. really worried for my bb inside.. hopefully my fruits make up for it....
Don't worry urself too much, Dewyjul , it's great that you are eating lots of fruits as Must moms-to-be are very prone to constipation due to lack of fiber in their diet . Bananas ; Durains ; avocados are great foods for moms2be . Don't worry too much , your cravings will let you know what your body needs most of the time . Enjoy your growing baby ... And your exciting journey ahead .

Is there any first timer like me here? ;)
I should be 6 weeks now. In the past 2 weeks I have been feeling super bloated, gassy stomach but i am full of energy. This week I started getting neasea after food or fluid intake. Only vomitted once when brushing my teeth. Is this consider morning sickness?
How are the rest of you feeling in yours?
Looking forward to exchange some notes. I'm so inexperienced hehe.

Hello there!
Another potential Sept first time mother! Just tested positive 2 weeks ago me and my hubby has been feeling a lil lost as we both have no idea what to do and expect. Going to my first gynae appt next week hopefully all is well :)
Congrats !!! Don't worry too much and enjoy urself . Lots of Q&As here .
First pregnancy is most exciting & enjoyable . Take it easy and don't stress . Congrats

I should be 6 weeks now. In the past 2 weeks I have been feeling super bloated, gassy stomach but i am full of energy. This week I started getting neasea after food or fluid intake. Only vomitted once when brushing my teeth. Is this consider morning sickness?

First timer here too!

Congrats !! Congrats

Hi Sept Mummies!

Anyone knows of it's okay to take Nim Jom pipakao for cough or sore throat? Haven't got the chance to meet my gynae yet and this itchy throat is making me more nauseated.

first timer here too! hi!

Don't worry urself too much, Dewyjul , it's great that you are eating lots of fruits as Must moms-to-be are very prone to constipation due to lack of fiber in their diet . Bananas ; Durains ; avocados are great foods for moms2be . Don't worry too much , your cravings will let you know what your body needs most of the time . Enjoy your growing baby ... And your exciting journey ahead .
haha.. thanks for the advice! im glad im feeling a lot better after taking ytd and today off to rest. can't wait for my appt next wed to see my bb again!

My gynae mentioned the top 3 fruits that cannot eat are Watermelon, banana & papaya!
Ahh.. I didn't know about that. I eat bananas almost on a daily basis and had papayas just days ago.
Me too! 5-6 weeks and first timer, although this will be my 2nd pregnancy. I don't have any major symptoms except for a breakout 2 weeks prior to finding out and slightly tenderness of boobs. When will be your first appt?

Back