September 2016 Mummies!

Hi corrinatay,

Take it easy for now. I am sure that you are in very good hands and everything will be fine.

Relax and rest as much as possible during your holiday this month.

is it because he talks too fast and kind of cant be bother?

Erm yes like not very keen to give u answers, i find not very assuring for #1 mummy la.. thats my opinion. Of coz I have lots of frens with him as well. Some raves about him, 1 have complications after her delivery. So depends on your comfort level i guess.

I'm those pp who have alot of questions so he is not the type of doc for me haha.. I scared to ask him questions

Hi

I have just tested positive ytd but having spotting when I walk too much these 2 days. Will be going to see gynae this evening to get hormones pills and I am going for holiday this mth too.. Hope everything goes on smoothly..

Try not to walk to much and rest whenever you can... take it easy dun stress urself too much.. enjoy ur holiday!

Erm yes like not very keen to give u answers, i find not very assuring for #1 mummy la.. thats my opinion. Of coz I have lots of frens with him as well. Some raves about him, 1 have complications after her delivery. So depends on your comfort level i guess.

I'm those pp who have alot of questions so he is not the type of doc for me haha.. I scared to ask him questions

Hahhaa icic he is quite nice actually n I feel affordable n cheap. I think so far I know he is the cheapest le. But I know what u mean I remember the first time visit him I was shock Hehe

Corrinatay : welcome!! And enjoy your holiday!

Btw ask u gals. Do u gals have a trouble sitting? I feel I sit I feel abit breathless I hVe to lie down at least feel better. Now so early weeks like that can't imagine when bigger even worst hahaha

Last edited:
I have went for scan ytd but still too early to see anything yet. Will go back again on 15th January for scan. Hope by then able to see something.. now make me wonder if I sld take another test to confirm.. haha..

I have went for scan ytd but still too early to see anything yet. Will go back again on 15th January for scan. Hope by then able to see something.. now make me wonder if I sld take another test to confirm.. haha..

Haha go test if u have extra. how many weeks are u le? I haven't seen gynea yet. Thinking end of the month then go see him. Duno is it too late? Cus I'm estimate 3 weeks like that.

Haha go test if u have extra. how many weeks are u le? I haven't seen gynea yet. Thinking end of the month then go see him. Duno is it too late? Cus I'm estimate 3 weeks like that.

I estimated ard 4 weeks. I go early cos of spotting and I going to Hong Kong on 20th this month. So want to confirm before I go and get hormones pills to prevent spotting..

i also thought to went early that time cause i had spotting.. end up brought such a big scare to me.. luckily all os well.. am in bali now though.. but i wish i had cancelled the trip. it was quite difficult for me as the food itself are not to my taste. :( can't wait to get back home..

Hi hi , I actually thought I belonged to the Aug group But my first gyno appointment suggested I'm just 6 weeks along and strangely she wants to see me again next week. Super worried. Plus I honestly don't have much symptoms and got a bit of spoting for the last 3 days.

Anyway, I'm also thinking of skipping Oscar for the genetic scanning instead.

Last edited:
hi mummies,
how far along were u all before u can see something on the scan?

I had terrible cramps last fri midnight n rushed to KKH 24hr O&G clinic but the scan only shows a small water sac in the womb.. cannot see anything inside..
the doc say it could be because its still early but im becoming paranoid that might be blighted ovum..
according to clearblue, i should be about 4 weeks pregnant now..
this is so worrying.. :(

I'm going on Tuesday... :)

That's tmr! Time pass faster can anot lol..

hi mummies,
how far along were u all before u can see something on the scan?

I had terrible cramps last fri midnight n rushed to KKH 24hr O&G clinic but the scan only shows a small water sac in the womb.. cannot see anything inside..
the doc say it could be because its still early but im becoming paranoid that might be blighted ovum..
according to clearblue, i should be about 4 weeks pregnant now..
this is so worrying.. :(

Dont worry too much.. 4weeks is still early to see anything for some... you should be able to see ur lil beanie next appt :)

CorrinaTay: icic I think i will see woody on 22nd Jan. hope is not too late and can see beanie

Dewyjul: hows your trip? maybe get something light? hope u feel better soon!

u gals seems like around 4 weeks spotting hor.. now I’m at my 4 weeks and experience slight cramp, hope nothing happen. i read on the internet seems like spotting and cramp is normal for 4th week so will not think so much also.

Clairechua hope u can see ya beanie soon! i haven’t went for my first scan yet.. I’m waiting for next friday!

pingabell: have u since ya beanie yet? if yes then don’t have to worry so much ya. btw whats genetic scanning?

skipping oscar scan: can skip one??

Last edited:
Hi hi , I actually thought I belonged to the Aug group But my first gyno appointment suggested I'm just 6 weeks along and strangely she wants to see me again next week. Super worried. Plus I honestly don't have much symptoms and got a bit of spoting for the last 3 days.

Anyway, I'm also thinking of skipping Oscar for the genetic scanning instead.

Hi pingabell,

Umm....... If you are still having spotting, should really call your gynae to request for a much earlier appointment this week, so that they can make sure that everything inside your uterus is alright.

Is the spotting red, brown or pink in colour? Any idea?

Hi all mummies...
Congrats to everyone! :)This is my first post here. I have missed my period and am late for a week already. I went to the GP today and found out that I am 5 weeks pregnant. My husband and I are very happy, excited and lost at the same time... Can we get some advice on what to do next? Thanks.

Hi all mummies...
Congrats to everyone! :)This is my first post here. I have missed my period and am late for a week already. I went to the GP today and found out that I am 5 weeks pregnant. My husband and I are very happy, excited and lost at the same time... Can we get some advice on what to do next? Thanks.

Hi bbun,

Congrats to you. I think your next step is to make your mind up for which gynae you want to go to. Then you can go for your first appointment.

Hi bbun,

Congrats to you. I think your next step is to make your mind up for which gynae you want to go to. Then you can go for your first appointment.
Hi tryingtoconceive2014, thanks for your advice. We only know that we would like to have a gynae from KKH but we don't know how to go about it. We have obtained a letter of referral from the GP today and the appointment date is in Feb. We think that the date is too far away...:( And how to book a good gynae? Where to enquire all these info...

sepbb: my trip did not went so well. it was hectic and i couldn't get enough rest. regret going ahead with the trip.. after the flu came cough and sore throat. gg to see the doc again..

hoping sticky beanie will be okay.. gynae appt only on 20th jan..

btw i felt very giddy throughout the trip and when I'm back.. and the nausea feeling is getting stronger...

sepbb: my trip did not went so well. it was hectic and i couldn't get enough rest. regret going ahead with the trip.. after the flu came cough and sore throat. gg to see the doc again..

btw i felt very giddy throughout the trip and when I'm back.. and the nausea feeling is getting stronger...

Nausea = healthy baby! Stay strong!

Hi

Hi dewyjul,
Try to get more rest this week. Don't worry, I'm sure your beanie is okay. :)

Hi everyone!

Was just wondering if anyone knows of any prenatal fitness classes? Like yoga, Pilates etc.. Saw a few online but thought it might be better if anyone has first hand experience from those classes.

Thank you in advance! :)

Anyway my first appointment is this Friday.. Excited but apprehensive.

Hi Ladies,

Tested positive on Christmas and just came back from first appointment with Gynae, EDD is first week of September!
Any mummies with Dr. Ho Hon Kwok from Mount Alvernia by any chance?
First kid so very nervous :p

Hey.. So I kiasuly saw my doc within 3 days and she checked that baby is still there with the ever slightest heartbeat. I was sent on my way with more duphatrons. I guess I need to be less panicky and have more faith in the little bud even tho the first scan had bud at 6 weeks and today it's estmated to be 6 weeks plus 1 day. :x

I read on prof ananda Kumar genetics ultrasound and also called to check. Cost is 600 and I was wondering if it could replace Oscar since it sounded like a more in depth scan.

Hi tryingtoconceive2014, thanks for your advice. We only know that we would like to have a gynae from KKH but we don't know how to go about it. We have obtained a letter of referral from the GP today and the appointment date is in Feb. We think that the date is too far away...:( And how to book a good gynae? Where to enquire all these info...

Hello, correct me if i am not wrong. Are you going to be a subsidise patient (I read that you have a referral letter), if yes, then they will not let you choose doctor. However, if you have a special doctor in KKH in mind that you would like to use, then you will be classified as a private patient. So maybe this might be one of your 1st decision before you take the next step forward.

If you decide to be subsidise patient, then just go to KKH on the appt date that you have been given,

If you decide to be a private patient, start asking around your close & trusted friend for KKH gynac name, then dial up KKH to make appt with them directly to see that specific gynac.

Hey.. So I kiasuly saw my doc within 3 days and she checked that baby is still there with the ever slightest heartbeat. I was sent on my way with more duphatrons. I guess I need to be less panicky and have more faith in the little bud even tho the first scan had bud at 6 weeks and today it's estmated to be 6 weeks plus 1 day. :x

I read on prof ananda Kumar genetics ultrasound and also called to check. Cost is 600 and I was wondering if it could replace Oscar since it sounded like a more in depth scan.

Hello,

Oscar is actually combine a blood test + ultrasound scan + mummy age using a special formula to predict the risk of down syndrome, accuracy is know to be about 90%.

Dr Ananda genetic scan is just a ultrasound scan, it does not contain a blood test. Therefore my view is that genetic scan will complement things like paranoma or haromony test more than Oscar. But i ain't no doctor, so i could be wrong ya.

Cheers

Hello,

Oscar is actually combine a blood test + ultrasound scan + mummy age using a special formula to predict the risk of down syndrome, accuracy is know to be about 90%.

Dr Ananda genetic scan is just a ultrasound scan, it does not contain a blood test. Therefore my view is that genetic scan will complement things like paranoma or haromony test more than Oscar. But i ain't no doctor, so i could be wrong ya.

Cheers

Hello,

Cheers

You typed the same message twice. Haha.

Hello mummies, I have just tested positive last night (LMP was 13 Dec 15). This is my 3rd pregnancy. My previous pregnancy ended at around 6 weeks, so hoping and praying for the best this time round. My hubby is also due to go ICT (3 wks in-camp) in June. Wonder if I can handle being pregnant + a toddler then lol..

Hello,

Cheers

Thanks babe !

Hi all.

My nausea started last week at week 6 but now it's really picking up. ARGH. It's so difficult handling a toddler, full time work and this nausea. I am hoping to stay away from maxolon and zofran because I am still functioning and not bedbound like last pregnancy. I haven't actually puked but keep salivating and gagging. It's just a nasty feeling. Anybody else experiencing pretty bad nausea too?

Hi Mummies,

I am sooooooooooo lost now. Had our first try during our Xmas trip. Suddenly got a feeling and give it a test yesterday, it showed + but menses should due today. Tested with three test kit, two showed the same result. Haven start to feel any changes in my body but only PANIC. What should I do now and what I can and cannot eat? Any mummies can advise here? Self count, EDD shld be near to end Sep.

Thanks a million.

Hi Mummies,

I am sooooooooooo lost now. Had our first try during our Xmas trip. Suddenly got a feeling and give it a test yesterday, it showed + but menses should due today. Tested with three test kit, two showed the same result. Haven start to feel any changes in my body but only PANIC. What should I do now and what I can and cannot eat? Any mummies can advise here? Self count, EDD shld be near to end Sep.

Thanks a million.
hi! congrats to your POSITIVE!
I guess the next step is to source for your preferred gynae and call in to make appt to see him.
For now, maybe you wana cut down on coffee/tea (caffeine intake) and also avoid raw meat like sashimi.
Oh, you can go to any Unity to get yourself Folic Acid (1 box of 100 tabs is less than SGD5).

All the best!

Hello, correct me if i am not wrong. Are you going to be a subsidise patient (I read that you have a referral letter), if yes, then they will not let you choose doctor. However, if you have a special doctor in KKH in mind that you would like to use, then you will be classified as a private patient. So maybe this might be one of your 1st decision before you take the next step forward.

If you decide to be subsidise patient, then just go to KKH on the appt date that you have been given,

If you decide to be a private patient, start asking around your close & trusted friend for KKH gynac name, then dial up KKH to make appt with them directly to see that specific gynac.
Hi aaa111,
Sorry for the late reply, the doctor at Polyclinic (not GP, typo in my previous post) gave me a referral letter because I don't have any gynae in my mind at all. I have discussed with my husband after reading your post. :rolleyes: We decided to go to KKH private. We also prefer a lady OB/GYN so will be looking at the doctor's profile soon. :)

Back