September 2016 Mummies!

This is my third pregnancy. I lost my last two because I suffer from APS. It's a condition whereby my immunity will attack the fetus everytime I get pregnant and cause it to fail.

I will be getting professional care this time round. Hopefully this one pulls through :)

This is my third pregnancy. I lost my last two because I suffer from APS. It's a condition whereby my immunity will attack the fetus everytime I get pregnant and cause it to fail.

I will be getting professional care this time round. Hopefully this one pulls through :)
all the best ouliou! keeping you in prayers..

i tested positive on 29 and cfm at polyclinic on 30 dec. that afternoon saw some spotting but stopped after that.. hoping it is jus the implantation.. since no spotting after that..

cant wait for 5 jan to see a scan but will only be 5weeks exact from LMP. hopefully all is well for us..

My previous ended with ectopic, stay strong ok! Glad that there's this community for us to share the joy

Hi all,
Happy to find this group! Havent seen gynae yet but est. edd shld be early sep 2016 too.
This will be my 1st pregnancy.
Anyone done the bHCG blood test?

I just did bHCG blood test at KKH today. Reading of 28. But got to do another blood test to check if hcg level doubled after 48hrs.
Was tested positive using Clearblue Digital pregnancy test kit but Guardian's test kit no line at all. Experienced spotting & right abdominal pain. So I went to KKH. Their test kit showed double line (faint line but still quite obvious). Praying that it's not miscarriage or ectopic.

Last edited:
I just did bHCG blood test at KKH today. Reading of 28. But got to do another blood test to check if hcg level doubled after 48hrs.
Was tested positive using Clearblue Digital pregnancy test kit but Guardian's test kit no line at all. Experienced spotting & right abdominal pain. So I went to KKH. Their test kit showed double line (faint line but still quite obvious). Praying that it's not miscarriage or ectopic.

How is your spotting like? Isit light brown/ pink or dark red like menses? Does it happen all day? Are you prescribed any hormones?

I am also spotting but it's normal for me cos of my APS condition. I take dydrogesterone everytime there's bleeding and lie down.

How is your spotting like? Isit light brown/ pink or dark red like menses? Does it happen all day? Are you prescribed any hormones?

I am also spotting but it's normal for me cos of my APS condition. I take dydrogesterone everytime there's bleeding and lie down.

Hi Ouliou, my spotting is dark brown. Doesn't happen all day, on-off. Wasn't prescribed any medication yesterday. I'm going back to my gynae once the pregnancy is confirmed on Tuesday. It's my second pregnancy. When I was preggy with my girl 6yrs ago, I didn't experienced any spotting or pain. This time the symptoms very different from my #1. Can't help but worried.

By the way for my first pregnancy I also cannot get a positive on guardian pregnancy test even up to the day I miscarried so I learn not to trust that brand.

My husband kpkb abt this brand when I let him use the second pack to test again after our KKH visit. Again, not even a faint line. He saw the bHCG result himself & obviously it exceed 25. By right should have line. I told him I bought it coz of 50% at second item (total of 6 kits). He was so pissed of its inaccuracy & told me to just throw away the remaining.

Have you decided which gynae to see?
I was seeing Dr Loh SF from Thomson Fertility Centre last month. We're considering IUI coz no news despite trying for 6 months. Who knows after the semen analysis, u/s scan & HSG Xray was done, we got a positive result on test kit.
Am considering seeing him or Dr Choo WL.

Have you decided which gynae to see?
I was seeing Dr Loh SF from Thomson Fertility Centre last month. We're considering IUI coz no news despite trying for 6 months. Who knows after the semen analysis, u/s scan & HSG Xray was done, we got a positive result on test kit.
Am considering seeing him or Dr Choo WL.

I like dr Loh, haha. Would like to continue w him if possible!

Hi Ouliou, my spotting is dark brown. Doesn't happen all day, on-off. Wasn't prescribed any medication yesterday. I'm going back to my gynae once the pregnancy is confirmed on Tuesday. It's my second pregnancy. When I was preggy with my girl 6yrs ago, I didn't experienced any spotting or pain. This time the symptoms very different from my #1. Can't help but worried.

Sure worry one. I understand how you feel. My Gynae appointment also Tuesday.

The only thing we can do now is wait. Keep your faith, everything will be ok. Keep us updated ok. Fighting!

I thot I read up & he does?

My sister says he usually sees those from his IVF cases (i.e. multiple births, complicated pregnancy) & she isn't sure if he'll see those spontaneous pregnancy cases (single birth). His clinic is near my husband's workplace, so that's another plus point for me as compared to Dr Choo at Gleneagles. But then, waiting time is super long. I waited from 8.30am to 11.45pm b4 its my turn to see him.

Sure worry one. I understand how you feel. My Gynae appointment also Tuesday.

The only thing we can do now is wait. Keep your faith, everything will be ok. Keep us updated ok. Fighting!

Where's ur appointment on Tuesday?

@dewyjul, at least 3 of us have appointment this Tuesday. U, me & @Ouliou.
Mine at KKH at 6am, gotta wake super early. Luckily it's not Monday, still need to go to my #1 school - her first day in P1.

mine's at kkh too. but im afternoon appt! im still deciding if i wana go for specific gynae or jus subsidised..

mummies, any opinions regarding this?

Where's ur appointment on Tuesday?

@dewyjul, at least 3 of us have appointment this Tuesday. U, me & @Ouliou.
Mine at KKH at 6am, gotta wake super early. Luckily it's not Monday, still need to go to my #1 school - her first day in P1.

My appointment is at The Choolani Clinic at Mt E Novena. This one is to see the high risk pregnancy doctor for treatment to control my immunity so that I will not end up "killing" my own baby again.

My actual Gynae is Dr Toong from Raffles Hospital. I will be seeing her too this Friday, but I doubt I would wanna do a scan. It's too early to see anything. If can't see, I think I will be more worried.

mine's at kkh too. but im afternoon appt! im still deciding if i wana go for specific gynae or jus subsidised..

mummies, any opinions regarding this?

I'll be at KKH 24hrs clinic, after this I'm going back to my own gynae. I prefer delivering at private hospital & choose my own gynae. I have more subsidies if I choose KKH/NUH (non Private Suite) coz civil servant. But I still prefer the preferential treatment at private hospital.

My appointment is at The Choolani Clinic at Mt E Novena. This one is to see the high risk pregnancy doctor for treatment to control my immunity so that I will not end up "killing" my own baby again.

My actual Gynae is Dr Toong from Raffles Hospital. I will be seeing her too this Friday, but I doubt I would wanna do a scan. It's too early to see anything. If can't see, I think I will be more worried.

Ya, now is too early to see the sac via ultrasound. Heart beat another 2-3 weeks after. I pray it's a smooth pregnancy like my first. Hope yours too.

I'll be at KKH 24hrs clinic, after this I'm going back to my own gynae. I prefer delivering at private hospital & choose my own gynae. I have more subsidies if I choose KKH/NUH (non Private Suite) coz civil servant. But I still prefer the preferential treatment at private hospital.
i see. im still deciding though. gona research more on this area..

Scan now should be seeing the endometrial lining thickening. The scan that I did yesterday at KKH 24hrs clinic was $30 only.
oh. i see.. all these are so new to me. I'm quite anxious about it and cant wait for weeks to pass by so i am able to see or feel something at least.. haha.. feeling very silly at my feelings.. lol..

oh. i see.. all these are so new to me. I'm quite anxious about it and cant wait for weeks to pass by so i am able to see or feel something at least.. haha.. feeling very silly at my feelings.. lol..

Dewyjul, I suppose all mummies here share your feeling.. Hehe.. :) just take it easy and enjoy the extra care and attention that you are receiving now. Good things happen to people who wait.

Can download this app.
ImageUploadedByForum1451819429.788020.jpg

Input your data and you can track baby's progress everyday.

Hello! My first post here. Haha. Just tested positive not long ago. The clear blue pregnancy test stated 2-3 weeks pregnant. Hasn't told my hubby yet, he is still asleep. Hehehe. What should be the next step? Confirm with a blood test?

Hello! My first post here. Haha. Just tested positive not long ago. The clear blue pregnancy test stated 2-3 weeks pregnant. Hasn't told my hubby yet, he is still asleep. Hehehe. What should be the next step? Confirm with a blood test?

Welcome! Once test is positive, you can start choosing a Gynae and make an appointment. The popular ones have long wait time.

While you wait for your appointment, take good care of yourself. Don't do anything strenuous. Eat well and keep cool :)

Congratulations on your positive!

Hi Rainbow234, congrats to your positive!
You may proceed to any GP who does blood test (to confirm pregnancy), this is called the bHCG Blood Test. This report will show u how much HCG u have and from there, u can be very sure u are pregnant :)

First kid?

hello everyone! my first post here too..
just tested positive with watsons kit and clearblue a few days ago..
i don't have much symptoms except the past one week i was having very bad cramps..

i have made appt with my gynae but he is only available in the 3rd week of Jan..
for the time being, should i go get a blood test to confirm pregnancy?

Back