Sengkang/Punggol Mommies Club

wah few days din come in here, so many posts liao ar!!!

jen, thks 4 e effort on e data compilation, but i wld prefer to keep my girl's b/date confidential...
n ya ya, i agree wif linda, i also feel that it'll be easier to 'trace' by mommies' nicks.

beluga, violet, it sure is rewarding to see your child grow, especially when u're e one who catches all his/her 'first' - it can be very touching!
I guess we'll all hv to weigh our prorities. *no offence ar, purely my personal choice* - For me, I feel that it is very important for me to bond as much as possible wif our kids esp dur the first few years..therefore, even though I've resumed my freelancework but I've cut down, especially recently, to accepting mostly wkends assignments(if possible) so that I cld get my hubby to help out instead of my sis or bringing her to my sis' place.
However, wif lesser income input, I hv more 'right' to get from my hubby now hahaha and luckily I've still got some savings and some on-going jobs, so still ok for me now.

btw, sharon & koalarie, we'll b casting our votes at the main pavilion ard e cluster of our flats rite???

More updates pls...
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD>Mummies' Nick</TD><TD>Kids' Name</TD><TD>Kids' DOB</TD><TD>Kids' Age</TD><TD>Location</TD><TD>Job</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>beluga</TD><TD></TD><TD>06/12/05</TD><TD>4m 28d</TD><TD>Edgefield Plains</TD><TD>WFHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>2</TD><TD>chiart</TD><TD>Javier</TD><TD>03/12/04</TD><TD>1y 05m 01d</TD><TD>Rivervale Cres</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>3</TD><TD>flolai (mashimaro771)</TD><TD></TD><TD>21/05/05</TD><TD>11m 13d</TD><TD>Punggol Field</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>4</TD><TD>Jan06Mum</TD><TD></TD><TD>01/01/06</TD><TD>4m 03d</TD><TD>Punggol Field</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>5</TD><TD>Jen</TD><TD>Jeannieve</TD><TD>11/12/04</TD><TD>1y 04m 23d</TD><TD>Anchovale Rd</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>6</TD><TD>Koalarie (evonlimsy)</TD><TD>Xuan Ting</TD><TD>11/04/06</TD><TD>0m 23d</TD><TD>Rivervale Cres</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>7</TD><TD>linda</TD><TD></TD><TD>20/05/05</TD><TD>11m 14d</TD><TD>Punggol Central</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>8</TD><TD>linsaw</TD><TD></TD><TD>01/10/05</TD><TD>7m 03d</TD><TD>Rivervale Cres</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>9</TD><TD>mikel</TD><TD></TD><TD>14/01/06</TD><TD>3m 20d</TD><TD>Edgefield Plains</TD><TD>Temp SAHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>10</TD><TD>mooon</TD><TD></TD><TD>01/12/05</TD><TD>5m 03d</TD><TD>Punggol Drive</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>11</TD><TD>mum05</TD><TD>private</TD><TD>Jan-05</TD><TD>1y 04m 03d</TD><TD>Rivervale Cres</TD><TD>Freelance</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>12</TD><TD>phoebesmum</TD><TD></TD><TD>01/01/06</TD><TD>4m 03d</TD><TD>Anchorvale Dr</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>13</TD><TD>samval</TD><TD></TD><TD>01/05/02</TD><TD>4y 00m 03d</TD><TD>Rivervale Drive</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>14</TD><TD>serene</TD><TD></TD><TD>01/03/06</TD><TD>2m 03d</TD><TD>Edgedale Plains</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>15</TD><TD>sharon (gracemum)</TD><TD>Sabrina</TD><TD>20/09/05</TD><TD>7m 14d</TD><TD>Rivervale Cres</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>16</TD><TD>stephenniris</TD><TD></TD><TD>01/12/05</TD><TD>5m 03d</TD><TD>Punggol Central</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>17</TD><TD>tanlengleng</TD><TD></TD><TD>01/05/04</TD><TD>2y 00m 03d</TD><TD>Compassvale Rd</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>"</TD><TD></TD><TD>01/12/05</TD><TD>5m 03d</TD><TD>"</TD><TD>"</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>18</TD><TD>violet_blaze</TD><TD></TD><TD>24/07/02</TD><TD>3y 09m 10d</TD><TD>Compassvale Walk</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>"</TD><TD></TD><TD>09/02/06</TD><TD>2m 25d</TD><TD>"</TD><TD>"</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>19</TD><TD>yvonne (geoks)</TD><TD></TD><TD>24/01/05</TD><TD>1y 03m 10d</TD><TD>Fernvale Link</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD></td></tr></table>

Sharon,
Sabrina is so adorable..she looks so pretty..hahaha

paranoidmummy
ya..totally agree that some of their stuff are quite old n dusty..hahaha..

yes..if possible, me too, wana be a SAHM to take care of my gerger also...life had really changed alot after she's born..cant have one moment stop thinking of her!
kao_laugh.gif

hi violet, ok.. i think i shall not waste time and cab fare to go down to kaki bukit. am waiting for the Great Singapore Sale and the motherhood fair for more offers... hehhehe

shld i include my data into the table too? my bb still inside tummy leh.... hehe..

btw, what's SAHM? does that mean homemaker? hahaha my hbby always say i stay at home n become obasan!

Sharon
ya..exactly 4 mths...hehehe
But my gerger not as chubby as yours leh...she quite skinny lor..duno why..mayb more like my hb..

paranoidmummy
pls do include as well, and we shall count down for your bb arrival together...hahaha

SAHM-STAY AT HOME MUM

hi jen
thanks a lot for the effort
happy.gif

hi mum05
you are back
happy.gif
by the way, you have any PT maid to recommend?

hi beluga and violet
thanks for the recommendations but my hubby don like the idea of having the china chinese lady.
thanks anyway
happy.gif

hi paranoidmummy
of course include and countdown together

paranoidmummy,
i prefer to order from cheong choon leh. esp when u know what u want. bb hyperstore sold maclaren classic at 359 but cheong choon sold it 10 bucks cheaper. heh me think can save 10 so why not??

but as violet said, mayb wait for GSS then get. may have gd buys wor... else buy early then discover cheaper buys later, quite tui.

i think SAHM wont always = obasan lah! now many SAHMs look young n pretty. cant tell got kid. see quite a few in my neighbourhood when i bring my bb down for walks...

include ur details lah, we help kan cheong for u... hehe...

violet, wat's stopping me from being SAHM is $. i also like to have spending power (just look at all the BPs i'm in. argh). dun really like to ask HB for $ also. he always think i spend too much $.

so like mum05, i hope i can do some part time work. cos i feel bonding with bb is impt and more rewarding. then not so siong on only 1 income. want spending power also want to b with bb. quite hard to balance both...

sharon, ur gerger bely cutie!! where u bought her bandanna from?? and wat's the sunflower thing she's leaning on?

linsaw, tks for passing me the pillow. really v nice!! hehe, so paiseh have to ask ur HB to drive over... really paiseh...

linda, now my boy has 2 pillows... he zzz with both. like so comfy.... kekeke

joleena, it's okie, think got others not china chinese out there... there are agencies that employ local ladies. but the downside is that thru agency, have to pay one-time agency fee...

beluga
my ger got 2 pillows at home and also 1 pillow at my mum's plc..cos sometimes she spent her nights over there..so total she's got 3 different beansprout pillows..abit kiasu hor...hahaha

btw, does anyone know when is GSS coming??

sharon
like beluga, me like the bandanna too..where did u bought it?

Linda,
Your ger still on BF/ formula ? my ger she take friso gold 2

Beluga,Thanks
bandanna is from http://www.bay*supplies.net/productlist.asp?idcategory=11
(replace * to b)
The sunflower is hand made cushion la,very interesting rite.

sharon
i gave up BF long long time ago liao...now she's on enfapro A+...starting to give her enfagrow A+ soon...

joleena
looks like u are starting another BP again...not shoes this time round?? hehehe.. am just wondering how good is the vcds?

hi beluga
ya...datz why i don like to engage agency. once i only need it once a month, they view it as spring cleaning and charge me high prices
sad.gif

hmm..GSS? maybe in June?

hi linda
ya thinking to buy the vcd for my boy. He loves watching wheels on the bus vcd so am thinking perhaps this will entice him further? hehe..
I am also tempted to join the blank flash cards BP but bought some blank ones at home and still sitting on the table haha...

beluga
no leh..the 1st n 2nd one is from the same supplier, bought when she's newborn..the 3rd one bought from linsaw lor...

ya joleena, tat's why i still consider whether to join your BP lor..i always buy many things for her and ended up never really make use of them..waste alot of $$ liao....and the vcds also not cheap leh.. but very tempting..hahaha

Linda and Voilet,
thanks.

Sharon,
ya.. quite a few ppl said look like my hb. Ppl not seen my hb, will say she looks like me. =p

In fact she seems 2b getting fairer and fairer.

Any of u receives email [email protected] on Mother's Day promotion on milk powder? Can trust or not?

BTW, anybody here take care of bb alone after confinement? My CL leaving soon and I am a bit scared.. Xuan Ting seems to like bully me when she not comfortable.. her daddy carries okay.. but i carry she cries .. unless i stand and walk.. How?

My bathtub a bit slippery .. thinking of changing to a better one as I not used to it.. any comments or pics to show me. =p

welcome Koalarie to the thread
I have recieve that email too
Linda,
My son love wheel on the bus , when he see the show he will sit quietly and watch the show. I am looking for good lobang for this haha
Me oso buy alot thing for him.
My son have 2 pillow one in my mum place and 1 at my place. when he see the pillow that all of you have order he will take and hug haha .... and will not let go

hi linda
i agree. always very tempting right? at one point of time, i buy non stop till my hubby scolded me hehe.
ya itz not cheap that's why asking for better price from supplier to see can get it cheaper hehe..
you flash cards to your gal as well?

Hi koalarie
yes i also receive emails from them for milk powder. I bought from them once for my boy.
i have checked the tins. looked the same as ntuc.

oh talking about bb crying. that time i face the same problem. when i carry, my boy cries. my hubby told me itz the posture and the way i carry makes him uncomfortable. maybe you can try a different way?

linda,
I'm brought "baby can read" vcd @ kiddy palace . let my ger watch it every morning and afternoon.
so far ok le.my ger will guai guai stay there and watch le.

a bit paiseh la.. Sharon. =p

Me almost slipped gal gal juz now when bathing her. =p Can't seem to hear her little butts well.

okie mummies... here it goes, thanks jen for advance for updating!

Baby's gender: Boy,
Name: Not given yet
EDD: 16 July

yah i also intend to wait for GSS and then go to CC to compare prices, i still have many big big items not bought yet.

I sure is obasan! Fat fat and auntie auntie....

wah ... didn't come in for 2 days and so many news!

Kaolarie
Don't worry too much. I've been taking care of my boy alone since after confinement. He's quite problematic when he's younger, like throwing up feeds and throw tantrums. But as he grow older, he is much better. Think he knows that his mummy is taking of him alone, so now he is a bit more guai
happy.gif
My boy also slips when bathing, so I bought the bath mat, which is supposed to prevent slipping. It is of no use at all. Now my boy is bigger and he does not slip anymore. Think you just have to wait till your bb is older.

I'm also waiting for GSS and going to shop like mad!

beluga
I'm also at Mee Toh, may be can see you there but I'll be there very early, like 8am cos I need to go to my mum's place later.

Hi Mikel,
wow.. u really good leh.. wish i'd.. i so worried n scared when auntie went then who to look 4 when bb cries non-stop. Think, i will tell her that so that she b more cooperative... Dunno would help.

Managed to find the desired bathtub that bb could sit on a bit while bathing her. 2morrow will try to see if she likes it.

Is it normal that bbs at 3rd week will start become easily getting scared?

My gal gal used to be so bochap at noises.. but lately during her sleeps, she would suddenly swung her hands and then she got scared. How to calm her down? She doesn't like the bean sprouts pillow I've got for her. Can only place on her if she is fully asleep.

Calling <font color="0000ff">Jan06Mum, mooon, phoebesmum, samval, stephenniris, tanlengleng</font>... pls provide the birthdates if you dun mind...
happy.gif

I will send you mummies the list when it's more or less done up...
happy.gif

The following mummies, do you have MSN? The rest I did not list, I have:
- Jan06Mum
- Koalarie (evonlimsy)
- linsaw
- mooon
- mum05
- phoebesmum
- paranoidmummy
- samval
- serene (soffie)
- sharon (gracemum)
- stephenniris
- tanlengleng
- violet_blaze

My latest list (please provide the names of your kids if you dun mind):

<table border=1><tr><td></TD><TD></TD><TD>Mummies' Nick</TD><TD>Kids' Name</TD><TD>Kids' DOB</TD><TD>Kids' Age</TD><TD>Location</TD><TD>Job</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>beluga</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>06/12/05</TD><TD>4m 29d</TD><TD>Edgefield Plains</TD><TD>WFHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>2</TD><TD>chiart</TD><TD>Javier</TD><TD>03/12/04</TD><TD>1y 05m 02d</TD><TD>Rivervale Cres</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>3</TD><TD>flolai (mashimaro771)</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>21/05/05</TD><TD>11m 14d</TD><TD>Punggol Field</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>4</TD><TD>Jan06Mum</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>01/01/06</TD><TD>4m 04d</TD><TD>Punggol Field</TD><TD>?</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>5</TD><TD>Jen</TD><TD>Jeannieve</TD><TD>11/12/04</TD><TD>1y 04m 24d</TD><TD>Anchovale Rd</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>6</TD><TD>Koalarie (evonlimsy)</TD><TD>Xuan Ting</TD><TD>11/04/06</TD><TD>0m 24d</TD><TD>Rivervale Cres</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>7</TD><TD>linda</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>20/05/05</TD><TD>11m 15d</TD><TD>Punggol Central</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>8</TD><TD>linsaw</TD><TD>Denzil</TD><TD>31/08/05</TD><TD>8m 04d</TD><TD>Rivervale Cres</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>9</TD><TD>mikel</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>14/01/06</TD><TD>3m 21d</TD><TD>Edgefield Plains</TD><TD>Temp SAHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>10</TD><TD>mooon</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>01/12/05</TD><TD>5m 04d</TD><TD>Punggol Drive</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>11</TD><TD>mum05</TD><TD>Girl-private</TD><TD>01/01/05</TD><TD>1y 04m 04d</TD><TD>Rivervale Cres</TD><TD>Freelance</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>12</TD><TD>phoebesmum</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>01/01/06</TD><TD>4m 04d</TD><TD>Anchorvale Dr</TD><TD>?</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>13</TD><TD>paranoidmummy</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>16/07/06</TD><TD>counting down</TD><TD>Anchovale Rd</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>14</TD><TD>samval</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>01/05/02</TD><TD>4y 00m 04d</TD><TD>Rivervale Drive</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>"</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>01/07/05</TD><TD>10m 04d</TD><TD>"</TD><TD>"</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>15</TD><TD>serene (soffie)</TD><TD>Brandon</TD><TD>07/01/06</TD><TD>3m 28d</TD><TD>Edgedale Plains</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>16</TD><TD>sharon (gracemum)</TD><TD>Sabrina</TD><TD>20/09/05</TD><TD>7m 15d</TD><TD>Rivervale Cres</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>17</TD><TD>stephenniris</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>01/12/05</TD><TD>5m 04d</TD><TD>Punggol Central</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>18</TD><TD>tanlengleng</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>01/05/04</TD><TD>2y 00m 04d</TD><TD>Compassvale Rd</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>"</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>01/12/05</TD><TD>5m 04d</TD><TD>"</TD><TD>"</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>19</TD><TD>violet_blaze</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>24/07/02</TD><TD>3y 09m 11d</TD><TD>Compassvale Walk</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>"</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>09/02/06</TD><TD>2m 26d</TD><TD>"</TD><TD>"</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD>20</TD><TD>yvonne (geoks)</TD><TD>Hunter</TD><TD>24/01/05</TD><TD>1y 03m 11d</TD><TD>Fernvale Link</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD></td></tr></table>

If u wish to join the list, pls send ur details to me:
- Mummy Nick
- Kid's Name
- Kid's Gender
- Kid's DOB
- Blk No &amp; Street Name (Only Street Name will be published)
- Job
- MSN address

Mummy Nick - jan06mum
- Kid's Name - glenna
- Kid's Gender - Girl
- Kid's DOB - 05-01-06
- Street Name - Punggol Field
- Job - FTWM

great, my list is getting nicer...
happy.gif

jan06mum, happy 4mths to Glenna!!!
proud.gif

sharon, I can't seem to add u to msn... did u give the right address?

paranoidmummy, which blk do you stay?

paranoidmummy,

I hv a binder to give away, do u want? it's good for binding after the massage if u engaging one of those malay ladies for massage. And if u opt for c-sect, can use it to bind after the delivery.

Let me know ok? Otherwise I'll post at markeplace to give away.

Koalarie
I want to take back the sentence to say that the rubber mat is no use. Tried to bathe him without the mat, big mistake! He slipped and nearly hit his head. Though he still slip witht eh mat but at least not that bad. Think it is quite normal about getting scared about the movement. The sudden jerky movement is called moro reflex, they will outgrow it. May be you can swaddle your bb, then she won't feel scared by the movement.

My MSN: [email protected]

Hi Mikel
no prob. thanks.

A bit low morale.. my galgal doesn't seem to like me to carry her at all! My CL carried her and she stopped crying and slept. Tix is not the first time already. Haiz.

Most of times I need to walk ard with her then she sleep but once i sit down, she wakes up and cries. It seems to happen whenever she is up for a while and wants very much to sleep.

Hi jen, i am currently staying at 310 but that's my inlaws place, i will move to 307 in a few mths time, looking forward to that! hehehe
what abt u??

Violet, just in time, i was shopping for a binder today.. just end up buying nursing bra! hahaha.. I will ask the malay lady to come and massage me...but still sourcing for one. Any one with good lobangs?

paranoidmummy,

Now-a-days the they charge pretty high $50 for a 1 hr session. For me 'cos it's 2nd time I engaged her so I bargained for $45. But she refused to reduce when I asked for my fren.

I also have a China lady that does post-natal 'tui na'. And her charges is $30 for 1/hr, $45 for 1.5hr. Usually needs about 1.5hr to do whole body.

So if you interested in any of them, let me know, I'll pass u the contacts.

I take it as you wanted the binder rite? I'll get my maid to wash it again and pass to you when it's ready. Where u working?

Hi Koalarie,

Don't despair.... when i had my gall 4 yrs ago, it's the same thing. Only 2 mths ML where got enough time to bond b/f going back to work?
After that she spends more than 10hrs at the nanny's home and I only see her after work.
At first she also prefers the nanny, then as she gets older by the day she know that I'm the mummy after all.
Although I am very strict with her, she will come to me for everything. Can be tiring at times('cos I really mean 'everything') but shiok to know that I'm always the no. 1 choice to her.
So play with her a lot whenever you have time with her, that helps with the bonding.

Now I'm a little guilty of spending less time with my boy 'cos gal demands more attention and I depend on the maid to help out with the boy.
But I make it a point to clean him and put him to bed every nite since I got back to work this week.

Don't worry ok, they will grow up knowing who are the dearest to them eventually.

Thanks violet, me SAHM, so I can go collect from u at yr convenience. No hurry thou, another 2 mths to go....

Is the Malay lady good?? Can u pass me the contacts for the malay lady, i guess that's the norm prices, coz most of them i ask is also around this price, just some will charge for transpotation if u are staying far from them.

not a problem, I can pass to u when I get back fm work since I'm driving. Where blk u stay? You can PM me yr add and number and I will jus sms/call u when I'm going sometime next wk?

Actually she is the ONLY malay lady I tried and recommended by fren so can't tell if good or not since I dun hv a comparison.
But I was amazed that she can still remember where I stay and also remembers that I hurt my wrist during my confinement days. That was 4 yrs ago!
Anyway her mobile no. is 96900344. Tell her recommended by SK blk 231 15th fl, the one with 2 children. She does not know my nick.

Back