Sembawang MTB or SAHM

Hi ladies

I've been feeling uncomfortable with my swollen feet/ankle/calves/thighs... And too tired as well. But managed to get myself energised today! So I kind of consolidated our statistics here. Hopefully I got them correctly.
happy.gif

<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msexcel.gif
Sembawang Moms
Sembawang Moms.xls (13.8 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Hi cclyn
A big welcome!
kao_wink.gif

Who takes are of your boy while you're at work? Which part of Sembawang are you staying?

Welcome abroad cclyn!

apple - can you email the HT catalogue to me at: [email protected] pls
I will like to take a look at the details before making a purchase. Thanks for your offer! Oops sorry I made a mistake I was referring to Vivi C typo mistake...

twins_MTB - great job you had consolidated! Oh ya... I'm staying at 486, those flats facing the jelutung habour park.

Oh ya, isetan sale got 20% off for Pigeon products as well as other related baby products. Here's the link: http://www.isetan.com.sg/newsletter/index.jsp

Cheers.

twins_MTB,

thanks for the list. It seems that we all stay very near one another. I stay at 351#.

Next time, when all hv given birth, can meet up, esp. the SAHMs. Hee...meet @ Sunplaza for lunch, then go NTUC to do marketing. Aiyo...so aunty...

Hi Ladies
Thanks for the Warm Welcome
happy.gif

Hi Twins MTB
Me staying at Wellington Circle, beside Wellington Pri Sch
happy.gif

My mom helps me taking care of my boy, but she stay at Marsiling so everyday morning will send him there &amp; fetch him back at night.

cclyn,
Must be tiring to travel to and fro Marsiling everyday. But sometimes better let your own family members take care than place your kids in childcare. Not so stressful, right?

augustmum,
Ya, we all stay really near one another. Can go lunch and shopping together next time. Not aunty at all lah. We must aimed to be HDB tai-tais. Hahaha...

Actually, its very important to have good family &amp; social support. There is a lonely SAHM staying right opposite my unit. She's from Hainan, China so can tell she's quite lonely here. Poor thing...

Van,
I'm staying opposite you only! The green/white blocks across the road, next to Victory Family Centre!
happy.gif

Are all of you going to the Isetan sale after work today? Or you are all shopping there already? Hee!

augustmum,
Sun Plaza is not the only place we can gather. The shops here are quite limited. Occasionally, we can also attempt to "conquer" Causeway Point or North Point. Hehehe...

Sounds so easy hor? As if I can easily leave home with 2 babies tagging along. Hahaha!
kao_sticktongue.gif

twin_MTB, we can conquer causeway pt but not north pt coz if taking mrt with the kids..we need stroller and the crowd to go down the escalator and get into north pt is terrible! I swear I'll not go north pt with pram :p

apple,
Wow! Such wisdom indeed comes with experience. I didn't even think about that. Looks like North Point would be out of my potential shopping venue list unless I'm taking cab. Thank God we're not missing out much bcos Causeway Point has more outlets/dept stores to shop anyway.
happy.gif

augustmum, Yishun MRT has lift..but on the way to North Pt got no lift
happy.gif
only escalator going thru the tunnel. Knowing where?? And the crowd in Yishun is horrible ler..even working hrs. So I rather go to Causeway Pt as what twins_MTB said more outlet for us to shop around and also more space to move about bah.

And North Pt cab stand is by road side..if we gotta shop alone with bb and pram..hoho..and take cab is a challenge
happy.gif

Ladies - We can try to conquer Causeway Point first since over there got more choices and varieties. Hahaha....

apple - thanks for your help! I got the details.

twins_MTB - wow we really stay very near to each other. Cool! Yap I went to Isetan sale today. Now that my tummy is more obvious, it's nice to see that the staffs are very kind towards me hehehe... I will try to go out whichever possible as I can foresee that after delivery I will be trap @ home.

Van,

You wont get trapped at home. Remember us, the sembawang HDB tai tai wannabes? We will drag you out to conquer causeway point
happy.gif

apple,
Actually, to avoid using the escalator to northpoint, another alternative is walk a bit further and cross the traffic light.

van,
U went to Isetan sale yesterday, what time you reach there? I also think of going but was very tire and afaid of the crowd so didn't go.

BTW, have you finish shopping most of the bb stuffs? I m now a bit worry, as I just started this month and there are seem a lot of things still not buy.

Hi All
Like to check on the breast pump info, what brands and type of pump u using? which is better?

JJ

I had medela (which I bought when I had no.1)but seldom use it cos on direct breastfeeding. Since SAHM, no need to express and store EBM. Direct easier.

Just a suggsetion. Don't buy the pump so soon. Wait till you give birth and see if you are successful in breastfeeding or not. One or two weeks after successful breastfeeding, then get hubby to buy. At the moment, you just take note of the brand and shop where you can get the pump you want. Then, when you need it can give hubby specific instruction on where and what to buy.

JJ, I always choose to be "sheltered" as possible if I go out with bb. Er..maybe I'm also lazy lor :p don't like to walk further and cross the traffic lights. And to me crossing the road is always more dangerous..u may not know whether the car really that cautious coz there is a turning where u gotta cross with zebra crossing only.

So my 1st option will still Causeway Pt.

RE: Breatpump
I'm using Ameda Lactaline dual pump..works well for me.

augustmum - lol...

JJ - I went to Isetan yesterday about 825am and the queue stretched to Delifrance before the door opened. As a matter of fact, there isn't a wide varieties of baby necessities. Brands like Pigeon, Combi, Avent and other misc.... The crowd isn't as crowded as before which is lucky for me as I can still feel the air-con presence.

Likewise, I just starting to lookout for baby related products and still got a long way to go haha....

Regarding the breast pump, I'm not sure whether I will breastfeed sucessfully or not hence am getting from my sister's Medela electric single pump instead. I changed the membrance and the valve for hygiene purpose and sterilise the whole thing a couple of times before putting it back into the box.

JJ,
I got the Medela electric pump. Was given by a friend who just stopped BF this month. Didn't want to buy earlier cos afraid no milk! Hehehe... I have a list of shopping items which I note down from my "new tenants" room and share with other MTBs. You want to use it as a guide to see what you have or have not purchase?

Van,
Yah, agree with augustmum. Must get out of the house once in a while to breathe freah air! Hee... Oh yes, some ppl do give us special treatment when they see the big bump in front of us. I went to Causeway Point alone on Wed afternoon to buy some stuff then went to McDonalds for a drink. The McD staff insisted on carrying my drink to the table where I want to sit becos she feels my hands are full! But I was only carrying a plastic bag and my handbag??? Still, I felt she was very sweet lor.
happy.gif

apple - I had seen with my own eyes those road accidents happening even at the traffic light itself. Once, I witnessed a driver drove over the pedestrian's feets at the zebra crossing! Oh my god I can't imagine how painful that is....

JJ - let's try out @ Causeway Pt. first... who knows later date there will be improvement development @ NorthPoint. Anyway we are staying in between these shopping malls.

RE: Breastpump: I agree with augustmum, if not for my sister I will hold on to see if I can breastfeed sucessfully or not otherwise it's like wasting of $$$. By the way augustmum, what happen if we are outside &amp; still on breastfeeding? Do we express it in advance?

Van
U went to Isetan so early, u take leave and go alone? I think best to go with hubby, he can help to carry things.

twin_MTB
Thanks if u don't mind sharing. Really feel stress when shopping for bb stuffs. There are so many sales now, so thinking of getting the breast pump now, in case latching not sucessful then can use the pump immediately. I thought we need to bring the pump along when we check in to hospital?

Van and JJ
I'm attaching the files here. Have to split them into 2 files becos of the file size limit for upload.

mime_msword.gif
File No. 1
Things for My New Tenants_1.doc (44.0 k)</td></tr></table></center>

mime_msword.gif
File No. 2
Things for My New Tenants_2.doc (39.9 k)</td></tr></table></center>

JJ,
Some ppl only start lactation 3-5 days after delivery, so you may not need the pump so soon. If you start lactation early while you're still in the hospital, then ask your hubby to buy for you. That's why must know which brand you prefer first.

If you're delivering at TMC, you can buy the Medela electric pump from the Lifestyle Centre. You can even sell to them second hand later on (provided you buy from them) if you maintain it in good condition.
happy.gif

JJ - I went there by myself whereas my hubby went to work. I am SAHMTB now so there's no leave to apply hehe.... Normally guys dislike sale events &amp; there so many ladies &amp; kids around making them sweat!

Thanks twin_MTB, I will look through the list. Why do u call it tenant? Did u rent out a room to someone else? Me kind of blur now.... Did u come over to the jelutung harbour park &amp; walk? If do let me know I can join u too. Anyway we stay very near to each other hahaha

Van
I hardly step out of my house now unless necessary due to swollen toes/ankle/calves/thighs. If you see a pregnant lady in the neighbourhood whose legs resembles that of an elephant, its ME! Hahaha... But really, its gotten quite painful since Wed, so I'm going to stay at home for these few days to "nurse" it by elevating my feet and massaging them.
happy.gif
If I do feel better and game for a walk, I will definitely let you know, okie?

No, I didn't rent out any rooms at home. My twins are the new tenants cos we didn't design our house with them in mind initially. So when we knew they are on the way, I kind of feel like they are new TENANTS moving into my house, except they are going to be here permanently. Heee... Sorry if I confused you.
kao_confused2.gif

twins_MTB: you sounds so cute! Lol.... It's okay anyway you are about to delivery anytime now so do take good care of yourself. Just make sure that the phone is with you all the time. Are you going to engage a confinement lady or MIL taking care of you?

Van,
Yah, I have my phone fully charged at all times now. Hee... Oh, I have already engaged a confinement lady. My MIL will also be helping out as well. Need extra help for the confinement period cos got 2 babies mah.
happy.gif

twins_MTB
Good to hear that you are well prepared for the challenge ahead. As for me I still got a couple of months to prepare for this battle. Not forgetting that Jenny is going to give birth too. Let me know how's TMC treatment like as I will deliver at TMC too!

Van,
No prob. Will share with you my experience at TMC. I have quite a number of friends who delivered there and were happy, so I hope I'll enjoy my stay there too.

By the way, I'm also sharing my hospital "full pack" list here with you. I think you may need it later on when you start to pack your "gear" for the hospital stay.

JJ, you can use this list as a guide too.
happy.gif

mime_msword.gif
My Full Pack for Hospital Stay
My Full Pack.doc (48.6 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Re: breastfeeding
I'm tbf for coming to 7 months. To me it is so much convenient when I gotta bring bb out with me and I'm bottle/thermos flask free
happy.gif

Causeway Pt got a clean parents room with 2 bf cubicle. Taka/Isetan/Tangs/Paragon/Raffles City/Centrepoint/Seiyu Bugis do comes with nursing room too
happy.gif

So MTB who intend to BF, don't worry about not able to find nursing room while u r shopping outside with bb.
If u need detailed of breastfeeding facilities in shopping mall, I can help if I used their facilities before..keke..throw it to me ya

Whether to get a breast pump before deliver or after deliver..this is very individual. If u determine enough to bf, u will succeed..unless u got medical history that u r not suppose to bf.
Have it on hand before delivery will be handy if on the 3rd/4th days after delivery, engorgement set in. Regular latching and pumping will ease the pain. Well, not all babies borned knowing how to latch on properly..so a pump still needed eventhough u plan to tbf your bb by latching on.

apple
Thanks for your sharing. I have a friend who told me "If you think you won't have breastmilk, then you won't have!" She feels that mtb's attitute towards BF is very important, so I have also been telling myself I'll have more than enough to supply my twins.
happy.gif

twins_MTB, yes agreed with your friend. Mentally prepared and determine enough to bf is very important to boost the supply. Another factor is eating well
happy.gif
since u gotta supply to 2 instead of 1, u gotta do tantum which is feed both together. Well, after u deliver, am sure the lactation in the hospital will help u on this and teach u how to tantum feed your twins
happy.gif

Mommies who wish to bf, pls eat more fish, and drink plenty of soup/water

Van,

Agree with apple. Breastfeeding makes life much easier. Just find a nursing room to feed...

JJ,

I did not bring a pump to hospital. I just let my baby latch on.

Frankly speaking I really got no idea whether I will sucessfully breastfeed or not. Still got a couple of months before I delivery kekeke....

apple - wow u really is very hardworking, still bf till now. I hope that I will be like you....

Van, I'm not hardworking..I'm lazy..haha..I'm quite reluctant to stop bf actually coz my bb simply fussy that she refused to take bottle and I also lazy to bring water+bottle+FM when I shop around.
Hmm...to be frank, I shop and move about alot..every weekends without fail and also some weekdays..haha

Err, training my bb to take bottle is something gonna kill me soon!!!!

apple I agree with you. To breastfeed or not does have it's prons &amp; cons. As for me, I'll breastfeed my kid as long as possible because there's so many benefits related to this. Not only we will slim down &amp; body metabolism goes up, the health problems that the baby may face is increasing minimize. I wonder if JJ has given birth, there seems to be no new of her now hmmm...

Van
I m here, u looking for me? I usually don't surf net during weekend. Weekend busy shopping, hope to settle buying most of the things by this month. How about u? What have u bought so far?

Hi Twins_MTB
Thanks for sharing the shopping list. Your EDD is this month right, update us on your condition and share with us your birth story, ok? This thread has become more and more active now, hope that we still keep in touch after delivery. May be should organise gathering during the next Chinese New Year.

JJ,
Yes, my EDD is this month. Jenny, one of the mtb at Sembawang who is also seeing Dr Ang, has delivered her baby over the weekend at 37 weeks. Whew! My turn soon... Will definitely share my birth story when its my turn.
happy.gif

Hi everyone,
Yes, we should really keep in touch after delivery since we stay so nearby one another. Who knows, we may have already met each other many times in the neighbourhood already! ;p

apple,
I'm also like you, enjoy outings and moving about. My family used to call me "huay kar" ("flower legs" in teochew) meaning I can't stay put at home. It was such a torture initially to be "home bound". But now I think swollen feet is God's way of ensuring I stay at home so that my babies will not be at risk of early/premature delivery. Hehehe... I think after delivery, I will still find ways and means to go out with my twins. Hahaha... Old habits die hard lah!

Oh yes, JJ! We can even start with Christmas or New Year celebration if you are done with your confinement by end-Dec and Van hasn't deliver yet!
kao_cheers.gif

Hi JJ welcome back. Me too, trying to go out whichever possible during weekends. Recently I am learning mahjong from mother in law to pass time.

Here's the things I had bought:
- 2 milk bottles
- 1 teething gum
- 1 nylon brush
- 2 pacifiers
- 2 boxes of liners
- 1 sarong carrier
- extra teat, in case baby is choosy.

The shopping list has yet to complete, got a long way to go...... So JJ what have you bought so far? Care to share...

Ladies my edd is mid Jan'07 so most likely I am unable to meet up for Chinese New Year. You gals have great fun out there!

Nowadays my baby loves to kick me during the middle of the night till daytime. Ooooh my poor dark circles......

Recent days I got a liking towards Breadtalk's "seed" bread and guess what the nearest store is at Causeway Point! My hubby &amp; I got to go there everyday just to buy this bread, my god....

Van, Taka has quite a complete shopping list for bb. Probably u wanna pop by to take a copy if u happen to shop there. Actually I was there yesterday evening buying highchair for my gal. Shd have take a few pcs for u gals who gonna deliver soon.

I think I got bb items list that I compiled previously. Let me search thru..if I still kept it can forward to u gals who needed.

Hi Ladies

I'm back! anyone forgotten me? I m working mah so recently very bz at work so didn't have time to post anything........but I've been reading wat was posted. Wow all of u so active ah.
I was on leave on 28 and 29 Sep. brought my 2nd son for the 2nd dosage of 5-in-1 and the pnuemoccol disease jabs......was on the train at ard 10 plus am saw mothers already finished shopping at the Isetan sale. me didn't go there cos bz with son's jab and afraid he got fever so confined at home tat 2 days.
N I also dun surf net during weekends cos all the time devoted to my 2 boys liao only do it in office whenever I have time.

U all have been discussing so many things tat I can't really keep up leh. about the breast pump, i prefer the Avent manual pump which I feel very effective, anyone of you who needs can get from me I dun need liao.......closed factory liao so won't be producing anymore : )
I feel that dun have to bring breast pump to hospitals as some may have one for mothers' use at the nursery if you dun mind to share. but initially dun use pump it is always good to let bb latch on and if no milk nevermind just let bb suckle to stimulate milk flow and production of milk.

o JJ, I think I very useless leh, till now I still have not got the chance to meet the lady staying at the ground floor yet whom maybe a potential bbsitter. hope you still have not delivered yet. Will continue to check on her for you.

Hey I also like to go shopping, but my 2 yr old is quite a handful running around the shopping centres so need alot of energy bringing him out so now I m cutting down liao and also got to still bring the younger one and maid around like having to look after 3 kids......now I am counting down hopefully time flies and my 2nd is like older can bring the 2 boys out quite freely.
I think for u gals SAHMs better to shop at Causeway point comparing to North point as I feel Causeway pt is bigger with more shops and also the kiddy palace there is much bigger.....but one thing though the toilets are not very clean........ : )

O u know the busstop just outside the HDB area office? there is a bus going directly to Woodlands interchange, its a loop bus think journey about half hour, if you all enjoy a bus journey with ur kids can take a ride.

Back