SAHM wish to go to work

littlefly,
1st, u must settle your little one down,
else you won't be able to concentrate on your work.
Child/Infant Care, nanny, parents, In-laws, maid, etc...

Once the little one is settled down,
then you start to look for a job,
cause there's bound to be sepration anxiety for weeks...

Write a good resume, do your homework,
keep yourseld current,
read up on job interviews,
they'll sure ask questions like;
1. Why did you stop work
2. Why are you looking for a job now
3. Won't your miss your SAHM life
4. etc etc etc...

littlefly,
few questions for you now;
1. Why did you stop work
2. Why are you looking for a job now
3. Won't your miss your SAHM life
4. How old is/are your kid/s
5. What field/job were you in & what are you looking for now
6. Did you keep yourself current to your previous jobscope
7. Are you able to work late
8. Who will pick up your kid/s if you work OT

Leng Leng
happy.gif

Hi fellow-SAHMs

I have been a SAHM since my girl was born 11 years ago! Hurray! When I was able to put her in childcare when she was about 30 months old, I took on temp and part time jobs and took courses to upgrade myself.

Then I stopped everything again when my boy was born 3 years back. Now that he's also in childcare, I am back to part time work and again, taking up courses.

I think that it is important to be with your child while they are still very young and when older, you can take on part time work to supplement the family income. If time permits, you should also take up courses that can enhance your marketability when you decide to rejoin the workforce again. When your kids are much older and can take care of themselves, you can consider going back to full-time work.

I enjoy what I am doing now because it gives me the opportunity to be with my kids, but at the same time, I feel challenged and in touch with the outside world through my work. I will probably do this until my boy is much older.

Sleepyresolutions, i already did that. I have very general experience, hence worry they will 'hiam' my age (mid 30s) and my long break from work.

Lengleng, does your current job require you to work late? how do you readjust back to FTWM?

I quit to be SAHM coz no trusted helper then. After that then we hired a maid and after observing her for many mths, I feel ready to be FTWM with my mum's blessings (she is willing to scale back her work hrs to watch over the maid). My bb is 8mths now and he is also close to my maid.

Cowandchick - just curious here what part-time work are you doing now? coz part-time work seems very limited in the market.

Hi littlefly,
I'm lucky to be able to return to my ex-company,
got to work late often.
My kids' CCC is at my PIL's void deck,
my MIL will bring them back every evening,
we'll bring them home everynight & bring them to school in the morning.
happy.gif

Re-adjusting...
As a start, you'll have to wake up early,
no naps in the afternoon & sleep early at night.
happy.gif

Hi LengLeng

*envy* that you can convert back to FTWM. I try to count my blessings that I can get to spend more time with my bb now but i cannot help feeling very dejected and discouraged that my job-hunting efforts yielded little progress.

I look up on the available courses which seemed so expensive for someone who no income now and there is no guarantee that I will get a job after completing the courses. My post-grad now seemed a complete waste of money, time and effort. Many employers are looking for someone with relevant experience. Sianz...

btw, lengleng r u oso active in the other sengkang mummies thread? how come din 'see' u before?

Hi littlefly,
take your time to look for a job,
don't just jump into one cause u had a hard time finding one.
You may want to visit some job fair?
Get your resume up & register with www.jobstreet.com.sg & www.monster.com ??

BTW, what do u graduate with?
What was your previous job scope like?

Yup,
I'm a "reader" at the SK/Punggol mummies thread.
happy.gif

Thanks Leng Leng.

Already uploaded my cv there. Mine was very general biz ad degree. No specialization, no niche skillsets like accounting or IT etc. Wished i could fast fwd the process and return to FTWM now... I really dunno what to enhance my marketability.

Hi littlefly,
MASS email/post/fax out your resume,
go for lots of job interviews,
gain your confidence level as you speak to more people.
happy.gif

hi Little Fly
I am opposite of you. Am thinking of being a SAHM.

Hi cowandchick and other mummies
May I know what kind of part time work did you do? Also thinking of doing some part time work so as to have some income for shopping and not to have to ask hubby for money all the time.

i'm having dilemma now too.

i'm a ftwm (working from 8.30am-6pm), i have 2 children, daughter aged 2.5 years old and son 9 months old. I have a maid and my mother is with me.

as we're PR and my mother cannot stay with me permanently anymore. My gal is going to childcare and my son will be left with the maid. At first, though very hesitating to leave my son with the maid alone (supervision by cctv) but then, as financially is tight, I cannot leave the company as it gives very good fringe benefits including comprehensive medical for myself and kids.

My boss got to know about my situation and offered me a lower grade job with a huge paycut but still enjoying the same medical and annual leave (24 days) benefits. He said, visibility of parents are important for the children, regardless of any age even when the child has gone to primary/secondary school.

So, in the same company, I was being offered a night hour job doing customs clearance related matters.

There's vacancy as part time and full time, so, it's up to me to choose. Part time work starts from 9.30pm-2.30pm, as long as there's a commitment of 22 hours/week. Maximum pay is $1000/mth.

My boss actually encouraged me to go for a fulltime job from 8.30pm-5.30am. Max pay is $2000/mth.

Depending on the roster, may have to work on saturday or sunday night too.

My boss is asking me again if I want to take up this night job, else, he'll open the "offer" to other people.

If you were me, will you go for it?

finacially wise, not really that good as hubby alone is not earning that much and being a PR we don't get those subsidies from anything.

please share your opinions, i'm desperate as need to give an answer to my boss.

Hi!

I am also in a dillema. I am not on good terms with my MIL and she loooked after my son since birth. Had intention go back to work FT but since not on good terms with her. Its very hard. So I intend to work Part time as at the same time I cant bear to leave my ten month old son since I have bonded with him for the whole ten months!

I am a trained secretary/PA for the past 5 years. Hiaz.. Now wana go back to same field but find it pretty hard. Any good recommendations for me?

I don't have a job, but if anyone is keen to start up a business, I'm looking for partners, I just quit my job to run this business full time,Me and my sis is running this together, I think its a great opp for many mothers out there, if anyone's keen...just pm me. Esther, this may be a lobang for you. We are very open and will sharing our esperience. This is a lot of teamwork in this business. SO, looking out for very passionate moms, who have dreams for themselves and their family.

Hi Ladies

I wonder if anyone of you had chanced upon a success story of a Singaporean SAHM who manage to earn some very impressive income (even better than her hubby who is working) while working from home and taking care of her children! It's really incredible and I am totally impressed! You can read up on her success story here: www.simplyrichsg.com/shj

It seems rather credible to me leh...got print screen of her accounts and she even dare to show her face! Surely she wouldn't dare to be lying right?

Will you pay before you start work in a regular company?

This kind of print-screen is available in MANY USA website,
all referral programs....

hi all mummies, i'm also a SAHM & has been in it for 2 over yrs now. Thought of working part time like either the mornings or afternoons working hrs, but doesn't seem to have the kind of working hrs in jobs websites.
Wonder any of u out there shares the same problem ;D

Working PT may have advantages because you have the best of both worlds, but sometimes it may work against you because that also means you have half the time to do your duties at work and home. Depending on the work, can be a lil stressful too...

Maybe look around the neighbourhood too, if you don't mind. One of my colleague's wife (I'm a FTWM btw. Like a lot of you, joined bk to help with family income) found PT work at the fruit stall near their home!
happy.gif

Ai @ http://sakuraharuka.blogspot.com

Hi all,

I am looking for a part time admin to assist me on some simple admin work. Those interested, please send your resume to [email protected]
working area in town,
need 2-3 days a wk
4-5 hrs per day

im a stay at home mummy looking for part-time clerical job to supplement her income..if there is any Company looking for one pls share wth me ya thanks

I'm a stay home mum since 2008 till now when I hv my gal in 2007 and my boy in 2010. I completed my part time diploma in business admin with psb in 2009. I hv not used my new diploma to apply for any jobs. I'm worried about going back to society to work coz I hv not been working for almost 5yrs. Is my diploma still valid? Please help.

If there is any part time stay home clerical jobs, pls contact me at [email protected]

Back