Recent Articles

Gestational Diabetes 101 – Are You at Risk?

Doctor-1024x683.jpg

In Singapore, gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) occurs in about one in four to five pregnancies. This is according to a study published in May 2018 by the Agency for Care Effectiveness at the Ministry of Health. Many think that it’s...
The post Gestational Diabetes 101 – Are <em>You</em> at Risk? appeared first on SingaporeMotherhood.com.

Continue reading...

Insect and Mosquito Repellent for Babies and Children in Singapore

Toddler-with-leaf-683x1024.jpg

Do you have insect or mosquito repellent in your bag? If not, why? Living in a tropical country has its perks – the sun shines most of the time, and kids can enjoy loads of outdoor fun throughout the year....
The post Insect and Mosquito Repellent for Babies and Children in Singapore appeared first on SingaporeMotherhood.com.

Continue reading...

A Run-cation at the Bintan Marathon 2019 Family Run

bintan-marathon-mascot-768x1024.jpeg

We spent the first weekend of the 2019 September school holidays at the Mandiri Bintan Marathon and I wish I could say that this momma ran a marathon but nah. The kid and I did get active though, at the...
The post A Run-cation at the Bintan Marathon 2019 Family Run appeared first on SingaporeMotherhood.com.

Continue reading...

HortPark Nature Playgarden – A Magical Garden for Little Ones

HortPark-Nature-Playgarden-The-Big-Fig-Adventure-3-1024x683.jpg

I believe it’s important for kids—and even adults—to get out into the great outdoors now and again. Climb a tree, roll in the mud, get dirty and simply get creative with what nature has to offer. So ever since the...
The post HortPark Nature Playgarden – A Magical Garden for Little Ones appeared first on SingaporeMotherhood.com.

Continue reading...

I Did Not Know Studying at the Dining Table is Actually Hurting My Kids!

ergonomic-desk-bloomdesk-bloomchair-768x1024.jpg

When people talk about investments, one would not usually associate it with a study table and chair set. But let me explain… Before I was given such a set to review, my children were doing their homework and other activities,...
The post I Did Not Know Studying at the Dining Table is Actually Hurting My Kids! appeared first on SingaporeMotherhood.com.

Continue reading...

Tweens: 8 Fail-proof Strategies to Better your Relationship with them

leaves-in-colour-1024x683.jpg

Watching your child grow up is beautiful but it can also be tough, especially if they are tweens. You have to (seemingly) sail through the changes that they go through – emo phases, mood swings, and puberty. You also have...
The post Tweens: 8 Fail-proof Strategies to Better your Relationship with them appeared first on SingaporeMotherhood.com.

Continue reading...

Children’s Day 2019: Events and Activities to Surprise the Kids on Their Special Weekend

Children%E2%80%99s-Day-2019-Events-saturdays-at-acm-1024x683.jpg

Adults generally don’t think much about Children’s Day. It’s just a one-day school holiday for the younger ones and a regular work day for everyone else. Well, why not take a day off and spend it bonding with the little...
The post Children’s Day 2019: Events and Activities to Surprise the Kids on Their Special Weekend appeared first on SingaporeMotherhood.com.

Continue reading...

Paediatric Tuina can Improve your Child’s Immunity and Treat Common Childhood Problems

paediatric-tuina2-1024x683.jpeg

Paediatric Tuina is gaining popularity in Singapore. This non-invasive and gentle technique stimulates specific areas and acu-points on the body, helping to improve the flow of energy, and correct imbalances within the body. It is an alternative treatment for children...
The post Paediatric Tuina can Improve your Child’s Immunity and Treat Common Childhood Problems appeared first on SingaporeMotherhood.com.

Continue reading...

10 Mum-Tested Ways to Keep Calm and Help your Kids Prepare for Exams

Child-nose-682x1024.jpg

Term 4 of the school year is here and with it, exams. While MOE (Ministry of Education) has removed assessments for Primary 1 and 2 pupils and (by 2021) mid-year examinations for Primary 3, 5 and Secondary 3 students, your...
The post 10 Mum-Tested Ways to Keep Calm and Help your Kids Prepare for Exams appeared first on SingaporeMotherhood.com.

Continue reading...

‘Cooling’ Soups and Drinks to Soothe that Sore Throat

haze.jpg

The rain has come and the air is clear, but you and the kids are still experiencing one of the worst effects of the haze – a dry, itchy, sore throat. It is not severe enough to warrant a visit...
The post ‘Cooling’ Soups and Drinks to Soothe that Sore Throat appeared first on SingaporeMotherhood.com.

Continue reading...

14 Eerie-sistable Kid-friendly Halloween Events 2019 (Plus TWO Giveaways!)

kid-friendly-Halloween-events-2019-kidzania-spookytown-1024x724.jpg

It’s that time of year again when we dress (the kids) up in ghoulishly cute costumes and go trick-or-treating. Of course, parents with young kids would prefer lots of “Boos” with no “Boo hoo hoos” afterwards. Thankfully, these kid-friendly Halloween...
The post 14 Eerie-sistable Kid-friendly Halloween Events 2019 (Plus TWO Giveaways!) appeared first on SingaporeMotherhood.com.

Continue reading...

Fruit and Pregnancy: Which are Best for You and your Baby?

Banana-1024x633.jpg

When I was pregnant, I was advised to avoid eating certain fruits. Pineapples, I was told, could be “bad” for the pregnancy. So I steered clear of this tangy fruit. I need not have done so, Vanessa McNamara, a dietician...
The post Fruit and Pregnancy: Which are Best for You and your Baby? appeared first on SingaporeMotherhood.com.

Continue reading...

Title: Climate S.O.S. at the ArtScience Museum is a Free, Month-long Exhibition that Everyone Needs to See

Air-con.png

If there is only one exhibition you bring your children to this year, make it Season of Sustainability – Climate S.O.S. This month-long showcase at level four of the ArtScience Museum highlights the impact of climate change on the world’s...
The post Title: Climate S.O.S. at the ArtScience Museum is a Free, Month-long Exhibition that Everyone Needs to See appeared first on SingaporeMotherhood.com.

Continue reading...

Back