Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Same : I also did not purposely avoid conception since 2003 (same bf = husband) but never got a chance to even use HPT until 3yr ago after i ROM, KKH sense something is not right if i had sex every weekend and not even the slightest hint of getting pregnant.

FSH/AMH/estrogen/Progesterone is difficult for TCM to translate into chinese terms. HE only can tell me its "He Er Mong". Anyway PC Wong already says implantation is act of GOD and science/technology CANNOT perfect this step, if you have been to his lectures or talks. The only way we can improve is via TCM although he doesn't advocate herbs but prefers us to do acupuncture.

Pantieileen, ur post very cute la... So open to share. Good good!

After my visit to Dr Que, I am now a believer of Chinese med though I study western med as my major. Haha

Peanut, update us after ur visit to Dr Que! Have a good session w him!

Hi all, I've been a silent reader for some time. Would like to encourage all sisters here to persevere and PRAY for your miracle baby = ) I just gotten my BFP last week, after failing 3 IUIs! So hang in there and have FAITH = )

Hi geracocobob congrats on ypur bfp, grabbing bb dust from you. Did u get bfp from iui or ivf? Mind the share your 2ww? What you eat and what is your symptoms?

Hi Morning.

Nervous babe, did you share with Dr Que that u are on TSB med?
I feel that both treatments should be complementary to bring about the optimum effect. I didnt take chinese med from Dr Que initially cos I experienced some side effects like gastric and also intermenstrual bleeding when I was w EYS Paragon. Though I was not certain if the med caused the anovulation (thus the intermenstrual bleeding), I wasted a few months on OC to regulate back my normal cycle. So when i started with Dr Que, I only go for acu, he told me if I have a emo barrier, then better not take the med. He was quite understanding. It was after my FET that I decided to try the med again, he was aware of my side effects and was cautious with his prescription. Only experienced headache w his med, no gastric and my cycle was regular. phew....;)

Will u be cycling soon? Did he advice when u should start?

I only told him I got balance TCM medicine and he asked me balance hw many times and asked me to finish up and take his herbs so I dare not tell him I don't intend to change. He also asked me when I intend to cycle intend of telling me when I should start. He asked me what is my hcg and I said 1 plus, his reaction was like, What? another hopeless case face and even throw his pen and unintentionally gave a haiz! I gt a shocked and actually it hurts me. My hubby looked at me and we are surprised of such reaction. And I asked him what shld be the correct number, he was telling me a rather high number and I was kind of pissed, i replied : that's why I told you is a failed cycle. But after speaking to him for awhile, we find him ok. Haaha

Hi babes... I BFP with IVF fresh by Prof Wong. During 2ww, I rested as much as possible.. ate lots of high protein. I got my mum to cook brocoli with egg whites, steamed fish and beancurd :) I din take Ensure milk as I found it too sweet. I drank red dates with longan twice per week.I also had a cold womb. So I went for acupuncture twice a week 7 weeks before ER and subsequently 3 times after ET. Get a hot water bag if you feel ur tummy is cold at times and use it for half an hour twice a day. The 2ww was torturing.. I din have any symptoms except cramping in my abdomen area in the last week. I also thought AF was coming :p Spreading baby dust to all sisters :)

I only told him I got balance TCM medicine and he asked me balance hw many times and asked me to finish up and take his herbs so I dare not tell him I don't intend to change. He also asked me when I intend to cycle intend of telling me when I should start. He asked me what is my hcg and I said 1 plus, his reaction was like, What? another hopeless case face and even throw his pen and unintentionally gave a haiz! I gt a shocked and actually it hurts me. My hubby looked at me and we are surprised of such reaction. And I asked him what shld be the correct number, he was telling me a rather high number and I was kind of pissed, i replied : that's why I told you is a failed cycle. But after speaking to him for awhile, we find him ok. Haaha

Oops... Is everything ok now?
I dun think he meant things to be bad. I did warn that he is frank/direct to tell one of their conditions.
Hope u and ur hub are all right after ur visit.
In my first visit, he also rated my body ard 4-5, after that I tot Cham already, how to be ready for my FET in end mth. But after talking to him and keeping a positive mind, my body improved steadily by end mth..dun take it personally ok?

I agreed with Hopemiracle30.... Dr Que is very frank... but this is a good thing... at least you know what happen to you.....
Don't worry nervous_babe, after 2 mths of his treatment... u sure improved.... I was in another room accu and overheard Dr Que told a lady,' hmnn, your tongue good... this is the kind of systoms I want to see.... and your 'dunno what level' keep on maintain this high, your IVF success rate will be higher too!'
Dr Que gave me med during my menses to plurge out.... I find many blood clot came out and after a week I went back, Dr Que say the herbs is working well on me.... So happy when he say that.... hahaha....
Sorry ladies, I don't wish to overheard but the lady voice was loud.... ;):D

Oops... Is everything ok now?
I dun think he meant things to be bad. I did warn that he is frank/direct to tell one of their conditions.
Hope u and ur hub are all right after ur visit.
In my first visit, he also rated my body ard 4-5, after that I tot Cham already, how to be ready for my FET in end mth. But after talking to him and keeping a positive mind, my body improved steadily by end mth..dun take it personally ok?
Hopemiracles30 Yes yes, we are fine after we spoke to him for awhile more. He didn't even gave rating lei, just say I am heaty, so jam inside and my body overworked so ovary can't catch up that's why my egg is always not in gd quality when release, even it really meet the sperm, it will not be in a healthy state to develop further. Sound logical lor, btw mine only 6 needles. And do u think will it helps if I just go to him for acu as my hubby don't intend to change to him.

Yoyo12
Hcg is an hormone you will produce if you are pregnant and mine was very low and obviously there wasn't any implantation. You went twice a week? How many needles on you?

Hi nervous babe, I see... then I dunno my hcg level lei..... I'm show my basal temp chart to Dr Que.. he comment that my temp raise very slow after I ovulate... I say yes lor... I realized too.. I don't have the LH 'slurge'... then Dr Que say some Chinese terms..(I dun understand..hahaha...)
So far I went 3 times liao... no money liao... got to cut ang bao $ (just kidding) ..... he put 2 on my ears, 3 on tummy, 2 on leg.... He ask me to come for another accu next week....
The previous TCM I went put even 'more' but same area as Dr Que....

I suggest your hubby drink his herbs too.....

Yoyo, good good! I guess u r in ur 2ww now! All the best and hope to hear ur good news ah!

Nervous babe, I cannot comment ley. But y is it that ur hub dun want to change to Dr Que? Personally, I will switch to Dr Que for both cos he will tiao and acu according to his diagnosis. Imagine if TSB has a diff diagnosis from Dr Que, their treatment will be counteracting right? Discuss w ur hub again maybe.

Last time I have a needle in my ear, both hands some times, tummy and a few on my lower limbs. Cannot rem how many needles.

Hi sisters.. @geracocobob Congrats on your bfp!! Grabbing baby dust from you!
@straw1 Tomorrow is your BT, stay stress free, i know its easier said than done but jia you! I have a good feeling for you..
I just went to see Dr Que yesterday. He told me that from my eyes, he could see they are quite blue ( i was wondering whether he was talking about my contacts :p) lol but i think maybe he meant blue veins?) he said that means that i didn't have enough rest for the past few days and even during your 2ww (jiak lat i thgt i did..) he also said my heart energy is low, affecting my digestive system and liver and in turn, my womb... I ddnt bring my blood test result but when he heard my history he said i had quite a history. Plus PCOS means even if i am bfp, to be truly safe is after 5 months (20 weeks which is what my prev gynae said).

Anyways after that i went to do the acu and he gave me herbs. Question: do i really have to finish each bowl? I have to drink twice in the morning and after dinner..

He told me to come back on day 1 or 2 of my menses. I just got my menses this morning.. So will most likely go tmr.. I might even go for yoga somewhere at marine parade so i will not waste my trip to the east ;)

Now i have to get my blood test report from NUH cos Dr Que wants to know my PRL and LH level which i dont know (im like hopeless in this) as well as my cholesterol level. So what do i say when i call NUH? What sort of report will they give? Have any of you ladies tried getting your full report from any hospital? So sorry.. Im so used to having my DH do all these things but i thought i should be more independent this time round...

Hi Peanut, hope u had a good session with Dr Que.
With regards to the med, yes, since u already paid for it, just finish the whole bowl/cup. Carry the kiasu mentality and push urself to do it. Wait till u receive the trophy, u will see that it is all worth it ;)

Have u done blood test with NUH or any gynae at all? I rem when I was TTC initially and even before my IVF started, they made me run through D3 and D22 blood test to check on my hormones. I think he meant this. If u rem going for this test, maybe u can call up CHR and see if they can give u a copy of the report.
For cholesterol, have u run any blood test for that in any health screening? Cos for fertility, I dont think NUH will run this test in their normal protocol.

Hi Peanut, hope u had a good session with Dr Que.
With regards to the med, yes, since u already paid for it, just finish the whole bowl/cup. Carry the kiasu mentality and push urself to do it. Wait till u receive the trophy, u will see that it is all worth it ;)

Have u done blood test with NUH or any gynae at all? I rem when I was TTC initially and even before my IVF started, they made me run through D3 and D22 blood test to check on my hormones. I think he meant this. If u rem going for this test, maybe u can call up CHR and see if they can give u a copy of the report.
For cholesterol, have u run any blood test for that in any health screening? Cos for fertility, I dont think NUH will run this test in their normal protocol.

Thank you @hopemiracle30 for your reply..ok so far i have gone through several gynaes.. I guess i'll just call them.. I think its about time i get all my reports..

Yes, i shall persevere and drink up!

Thank you mesara and peanut, huhuhu... scared dunt even dare try hpt, hubby also said for for bt tomorrow.
Is the bt during pre ivf will be enough? I remember prof passed me a copy for all the blood test and even the sa test in one buddle. Did you get it? I also have pcos though my hormon level are normal but my ovary jave many cysts.

Mesara if you did a D2 blood test then you shoudl ask for the report. That time I didnt ask, they have already prepared for me during the test review with prof.

Mesara that one I also dun have, but I made a note by myself for follies grow and e2 level. Perhaps you can ask to chr.

Hi straw1 and mesara, I think you prob just require the blood works result prior to IVF. The follicle sizes and e2 level are not essential as these readings are specific to the IVF cycle. More important will be the baseline readings of the hormones which give the Dr a diagnosis of your conditions. My penny of tots.

Straw1, all the best tomorrow! If no courage to do HPT, just stay zen and wait for the BT result tomorrow :)
Cheers!

Thanks hopemiracle. Trying to catch dr que before he goes on leave 29 jan. Wanna tiao body immediately after lap so preparing now. How r u and when r u due? Still with nuh gynea??

Thanks everyone! It is another phase of worrying whether the baby is growing well as I can't feel him/her now! All the best for your BT tomorrow Straw! Yup... acupuncture really helps in the egg quality.

@straw1 all the best for bt tmr!

@geracocobob congrats! Happy for you!

Sisters who are seeing dr Que, I heard he doesn't accept appointment. Is the waiting time long? The herbs that he gave are those that need to be brewed ah? Does he give medicine in powder form?

Hi mesara, my edd will be in mid aug. still seeing prof until next week (week 12) and then will switch to Dr Su. Plan to stick w NUH now that we r comfortable with their system.
Btw, have u gone to see Dr Que yet?

Baby grin, DrQue does not take appt all the while. The waiting time is not that bad during my time, but I know many sisters on forum are seeing him now, so I hope the queue is not bad. Yoyo, how is it when u go?
Dr Que doesn't give med in powder form. U can choose to brew it urself or pay to get the clinic to brew. Brewing time abt 2hrs. They will pack into sachets which u can store in the fridge. When it is time to drink, just warm the pack w hot water will do, very convenient.

I see... thanks hopemiracle! Luckily they have it in sachets. Don't think I will have the energy to brew it everyday after a tiring day's work. Shall visit him on Mon. Hopefully he can help to improve my condition.

Baby grin , ya... The waiting wasn't that bad... The most 2 gals in front of u.... Just that if u want to collect medicine on the same day ... Must sure u go early... I always go after 4pm or 6pm.. They dun have time to brew... So I got to collect another day... But for me , I'm ok... I live in the east.... Can always pop by their clinic...

Thanks yoyo12! Hmmm... then I may have to brew the herb at home. I stay in the west and prefer to go during weekdays after work coz my office is in town so nearer to marine parade. But by the time I reached there it will be 6+ already :(

Anyone brew the herb at home? Can i use the multipurpose rice cooker to brew? The type that can also cook soup?
Have never brewed herb before so dunno what to use... lol

Thanks yoyo12! Hmmm... then I may have to brew the herb at home. I stay in the west and prefer to go during weekdays after work coz my office is in town so nearer to marine parade. But by the time I reached there it will be 6+ already :(

Anyone brew the herb at home? Can i use the multipurpose rice cooker to brew? The type that can also cook soup?
Have never brewed herb before so dunno what to use... lol

I brew herbs b4.... Using the traditional herbs cooker...cook 3 hrs.... Dr Que clinic selling too... I saw it...
Maybe u go sat morning? Having them to pack in satchels is more convenient that's y I let them brew rather than by myself.. Heehee....

Straw1 *hugs*
U r a brave gal, good positive thinking.
Take time to tiao and try again.

Baby grin, u can consider going on weekend morning. Then go jalan jalan at parkway and lunch there while waiting for the brew. I dun think brewing urself is good idea.
Based on my personal experience, when I brewed my an tai med the last few rounds, I smelt too much of the herbs while brewing on my slow cooker and in the end,I cannot drink the herbs after it was done cos I jut feel sick of it. In the end, I paid the brewing fee and get the clinic to boil for me, and I could drink it better. This is one downside I can share. For ur consideration.

Peanut and hope thanks.

Hopemiracle during your failed cycle may I know the level of your hcg? And what did dr que told you abt yoir condition?

Hi straw1, my Hcg was less than 2.4 during my fresh. My first reading for FET was 7plus, second was 8 plus and the third was less than 2.4, so this indicated brief implantation and considered a chemical preg.

I dun rem Dr Que gave me a diagnosis for my condition, heh, I only rem my rating as 4-5 during my initial visit.
But when I was near to my FET, he asked me if I have ever tot of trying naturally, but I was like, cannot be possible la, cos already cannot make it the past 5-6 yrs. But w that Qn, it sort of gave me some confidence that it is possible de, just need time and patience. Anyway, cos the FET ended up w chemical and I was mentally not ready for another cycle soon, plus the little hope of striking natural, I decided to try natural and plan for FET in Dec or FEb.

From what I see from ur case, ur embbies are pretty good. Maybe take some time to tiao the womb and try again. If u are able to ovulate monthly, use this time to try natural also. As long as ur hub's troop is good for the battle, there is chance. This was my mentality after my failed FET.

Hopemiracle when ypu are abt to do fet, did dr que told ypu if your womb are ready? and do you have cold hand and feet?
Both tsb and dr zhu diagnosed me as general weakness , tsb actually told me my body is weak ow to start ivf.

I have pcos so I dont ovulate regularly

Dr Que did mention that my body is weak.
The analogy he gave me is eg my body needs 50 workers, but only 30 are actually working thus there is 'overheating', not the Heatiness but more of overwork and thus overheat.

I did acu w him quite intensively and before my FET, I managed to hit rating of 7. True enough, did implant but cos the womb is weak to nourish the embbie, the cycle failed. So after this, I began w med combined w acu.

Sorry to bore other gals w my history :oops:

Hopemiracle sorry for many question and thanks for your explanation.

Maybe ill try dr que and see what he said about me.

No prob straw1 :)
My pleasure to share.

It is good to look ahead and plan so u will know how to move on.
Give urself a short break and start tiao again for the next cycle.
Consider doing acu and taking his med. I think the effect is enhanced w both.
Feel free to ask Qns. PM me also can.

yoyo12 and hopemiracle, you are right, I should go on sat, better than having to brew the herb everyday. Aiyo... what's wrong with me... so silly. Lol

@straw1 hugz hugz... we all jia you together ;)

Btw, did you all went for HSG test to check if there is blocked tube? Although my chances of conceiving naturally is very slim, but I can't say it is impossible. I have been procrastinating because one of my friends said the test is very painful... is that true?

Babygrin I did sonohysterography at sgh in 2013 and it was so painful because they found my left tube blocked or spasm and caused the fluid stuck.
And I did hsg in nuh on 2013 and it was fine, no pain at all because both tube are open.

So as long as your tube is fine I think it is not paoinful.

Oh ok... maybe next week when I see prof I will tell him I wanna do the test. If painful also can't help it. Just hoping there is no blockage.

Straw1, mai dang lia... Go tomorrow! Haha
Is ur mensus reporting already? If it comes before he goes on leave, go see him and let him acu.
See him again when he comes back leave.

Back