Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Hi ladies, i went to see Dr Que again today since my menses came yesterday and he was on leave. He said that on wednesday the acu was to make my menses come within the next few days and it came. He didnt expect me to come back so soon. Then today's acu he said was to help purge out all the blood so it will 'clean up' my wound and get rid of all the blood. Usually i will have heavy flow for 3 days and then stop at day 4. But after baby dancing, it will flow again.. Somehow seems to get stuck somewhere. So i would like to see whether this acu would help in smooth flowing of my menses. He also said he wants to see my hubby and encouraged us to try naturally while waiting for FET. He was telling me on day what and what we should baby dance and try. I couldnt remember. So tmr im bringing my hubby there to see him.

I finally got my blood test report from Sharon just now so will show Dr Que as well..

By the way, i spoke to one of my friends just now who will be doing FET that she has requested for sedation during FET. Has anyone of you heard of anyone who did that? She is under dr anu and dr anu said ok. Do you think Prof will agree to that? If yes i'm thinking of doing that because i think i really want to rest as much as possible immediately after FET as the last time i kept getting up to pee every 15 mins. I can't help but think that that might be one of the causes..that i didnt rest enough, even from the day of ET itself..what do you think ladies? ET under sedation?

Hi mesara, I bought the normal one, vanilla flavor.

Good job peanut! U can learn to be independent :)
Congrats on the arrival of ur AF, it is a new beginning, just look ahead and be positive.

Hi ladies, hows everyone doing? Been MIA for some time. Wah so many of u ladies seeing Dr Que. I have also switched to him. Went for 7 sessions of acu with him already. I find that hes frank & explains well to make us understand whats going on within. Thanks hopemiracle for the introducing him. On my last visit, he asked if I knew him frm forum. I was shocked & asked how he knew. He said can guess since suddenly there's an increase in the no of ladies seeing him. Must be tat we all share info & get others to join in..lol

Peanut & straw, sorry to hear abt ur bfn. Stay strong k ladies. We will all reach our goal one day.

Syrian, i am preparing my body for my fet. Been seeing dr que also, i saw him onlyvonce though and he rate me 3.5 out of 10. Howabout you syrian, when is your next ivf? Are you going to wait for dr que to say if yoir body is ready before start next ivf?

Ladies i heard fresh cycle chance is higher than ftozen, is that true?

straw, from what i heard and read, FET is better cos after fresh, your body is 'stimulated' and may not be ready to receive the embbie.
It is ultimately dependent on the womb condition since the embbie(s) is /are already formed.

But I know a few sisters here graduated with fresh cycle too.

Anyway, dun worry too much. Ur embbies are good,have confident and focus on building the womb.

Straw,
I'm still deciding when I should start my next cycle. Initially planned for Mar but my body not ready yet. Body still weak as quoted by Dr Que. Planned on Apr but lotsa pple going on leave at work. Changed plan to May but boss said cant as lotsa pple going on leave too. Haiz so she said why dun I start in Jun instead. Was quite pissed with her. Anyhow wanna plan for me.

Maybe I should just ignore her words & just go for May. Dun wanna wait too long to start next round. Told Dr Que that I'm starting cycle in May. He said I should be ready by then. He said I am a complicated case so I'm seeing him 3x a week. Should ask him to rate me body after he's back from leave. Wonder how much I fare..

He told me to try natural this cycle. Told him that I cant as both tubes already clipped. He said no harm trying as he had seen success cases of ladies having natural conception even with tubes tied. Somehow the egg bypass the tubes & end up in womb or perhaps consuming herbs somehow created a small gap in tube thus allowing passage. Hard to believe, especially when we know that need tubes to allow natural conception? hmm :rolleyes:

Gave hb some herbs to drink to enhance his troops. Told us to bb dance on specific days & who noes miracle might strike. Hopefully it does. * prays hard* Dread going thro ivf again..

Straw, I agree with what hopemiracle said. FET got higher chances. Especially if you have great embbies. Just need to prepare & nourish your womb for FET. When you planning to start FET? Did Dr Que said how long you will take to be ready?

Hi all, happy chinese new year...

dr que said to give him 90 days and i can try again but i said i will try at the end of march or early april coz i try to minimize a failure as it was a painful experience. I am trying to have a horse baby, hehehehe

Hi sonia..
Thanks @syrian . I'm staying positive and take it as an opportunity to 'tiao' my body and get back in shape through yoga. Stopped that for a month liao since january fresh cycle...

Happy new year ladies! I just came back from a short holiday hence my absence.. I am at NUH to see Prof to talk about our cycle. I managed to ask to him questions wrt the itch, the amount of rest needed and anything i should avoid ( especially the kind of exercises since i have a retroverted uterus). He said that i can do anything before the FET. I have opted for natural FET which means i have to wait for my Feb menses to come. By then the FET would be in March which was what i told Dr Que. In fact this time, Prof Wong said that i can put 2 embies if we want to as chances of FET usually slightly lower than a fresh cycle. But he told me to be prepared that if successful might get twins. So now, while waiting to register for our Feb cycle, i'm still thinking whether to put one or two (if i have enough embies that thawed successfully). What do you think ladies? One or two? The first time we only put 1 because we were scared there would be complications if BFP since i miscarried before...

As for Dr Que, it's always good to call first although he doesn't take appointments because sometimes he is out on call. He also told us to try natural during this one month while waiting.

Initially i thought i wanted to try in April instead of March for FET but then again if let's say.. this FET is not successful, i would need to have another 2 months at least to wait. As i'm on 6 months no pay leave i want to max out this time bcos once i start work.. That's it.. There will be little rest as i know they (workplace) will drain me out :(

@syrian Do not let work dictate your decisions.. I have allowed that to happen for 5 years and like you said, your body waits for nobody.. Our bodies unfortunately do have expiry dates. I wish i hadn't let my work consume me so much...My friend once told me, no one (at work) will actually be thankful to you if you put off your want of having a child for their own sake. Work will still go on but your eggs might not...so remember, think of and love yourself first... Not being paid for 6 months is a tough decision but i know that when i look back..it is for the best and i have tried...

Hi Peanut, so envious you could take 6 months of unpaid leave. I would love to take a few months off work to focus on preparing my body but the nature of my job doesn't allow that. A few months away would mean that my colleagues will have to cover my job which may cause some inconvenience and unhappiness :(

What you said is so true. Work still goes on, the company still moves on with or without us, but our eggs will not be able to wait. In the past I always work late and sometimes even work on weekends, but ever since I knew about my fertility issue, my perspective of life suddenly changed almost entirely. I am now more "bo chap" at work and will try to leave at 5pm everyday. My temperament has also changed quite drastically. I used to be hot tempered, frustrated and agitated at work. Then I read up a lot about hormones and realized that hormones are affected greatly by our temperament which has direct impact on fertility. Dr Que also mentioned the same thing. He said our brain controls our body and when we are stressed, angry, frustrated, etc, our brain sends out signals that causes our hormones to go out of balance.

So now I try very hard to relax, stay away from stress, and tell myself to be happy and not engaged in anger. Nothing is more important than trying for a bb now :)

@mesara : i'm not sure but i cut down on bread and only bought fresh croissants from Giant every 2days. Cut down on instant noodles also, limit to one pack every 2weeks. Stop eating dinners outside too, everyday is homecook and alot of soup dishes for me. It was very difficult initially but i got used to it.

Hi sisters here, how is everyone getting along?

Pantieileen, how many weeks are you now?

this friday 31weeks, next friday can go Babyfair stock up then go NUH for 32weeks growth scan. U should sign up for prenatal class at NUH already. I signed up in Nov and there was already no slots available.

WhooHoo... another few weeks to meet your precious little one :)
I just signed up for the class, starting in April, the March classes is full. How do you find the classes? My cousin was telling me no need to go, just learn from youtube :p but I tot will be good for inexperience mum and dad.

Hi ladies, may I know if any one has endometrium scratching done before? Any advice and how's the success rate?
I did it before and it didn't work for me. I guess our egg quality is more impt than lining. Some of the girls did n succeed so it really depends. No harm trying I guess.

I did it before and it didn't work for me. I guess our egg quality is more impt than lining. Some of the girls did n succeed so it really depends. No harm trying I guess.

Hihi, cos I did 4 fet with blastocyst with no implantation. Redo a fresh cycle and transferred 2 grade 1 and failed too. I was told my embryos are of good quality due to my age. So Dr suggested scrapping but the success rate doesn't seem very apparent? So wondering if anyone of the same issue done this procedure before and succeeded. Can it be done on the mth before the next fet?

Sisters i am going to plan doing medicated fet. Can we still take dr que medicine when we start the mercilon tablet?

Prof did my endo scratch in cd21. My eggs were one good grade and 2 satisfactory grades. Dont knw y ivf fail

Hi xxhazel, I did scratching during my FET.
Same as mesara, on D21 of my cycle prior to the planned ET.
I had a chemical preg, not sure cos of the scratching or because my womb has been tiao well by Dr Que.

straw1, I rem friends who continued with Dr Que's med during their medicated FET.
I think u need to make the decision urself, I know Prof is not favourabl of his patients taking med during the cycle cos of possible drug interaction.

Happy valentine's day to all!
Me just BFN again for my medicated frozen transfer and I think I will stop. The mental n emotional stress is really too much to handle

Hi Miric, havent heard from you. Sorry about the BFN. *hugs*
Take a break first, breath and plan again. Do u still have embbies left? Hear what Prof says in ur review and see if sth can be done. Dun give up. *pat pat*
I know this journey is hard.

thank u ladies...
well supposed to have 2 more snowbies but 1 did not survive the thaw...so left last one,
During the last review, I did asked Prof, but he said my report book are all excellent, so if fail, its beyond medical explanation...
so what I am suppose to do? I hope I am not spreading negative virius here :( just that the whole journey is really too hard for me... even TCM says my body ok liao, have been doing acu faithfully, only that during this FET, Prof Wong asked me to stop acu after ET... I followed ...still..well... :(
I seriously duno wat went wrong again...

thank u ladies...
well supposed to have 2 more snowbies but 1 did not survive the thaw...so left last one,
During the last review, I did asked Prof, but he said my report book are all excellent, so if fail, its beyond medical explanation...
so what I am suppose to do? I hope I am not spreading negative virius here :( just that the whole journey is really too hard for me... even TCM says my body ok liao, have been doing acu faithfully, only that during this FET, Prof Wong asked me to stop acu after ET... I followed ...still..well... :(
I seriously duno wat went wrong again...
~BIG hugz~ Sorry to hear the bfn. The journey is tough and difficult. Perhaps it's good you take a break from ttc for a while. Go for a romantic trip with hubby.... do your hobbies, go exercise, do anything that makes you happy and feel good. You will come back stronger.... Hope you and hubby can weather this obstacles together.

Miric despair not. I know of a sister who did ivf under prof and he was not able to extract any eggs as ovaries were v high plus endo n adeno condition. She went lap at nuh they also said her condition beyond cure n opt for adoption. But she switched to kkh dr loh tat time and with his protocol she conceived 2nd ivf and now preggy with 2nd kid under dr tanhh 3rd ivf. Gigi is right. Move to another doc start afresh. Prof n nuh are good sometimes it just dont work for some. Have faith. Miracles do happen.

Really appreciate u ladies ...
During my 1st fresh cycle. I could feel them during the 1st week but had a very bad cramp in the middle of the night, the pain woke me up, was really bad. Then BFN
Then during this frozen cycle, no feeling at all, 2nd week started to have menses cramp all the way till BT then BFN
Tot of changing to SF Loh but worry about the cost :(
I have been dreaming both in laws asking me how? No baby? Every nights!!! >_<...

Hi everyone,

Cross posting here as I just got my BFP with Prof Wong, and I wanted to share my story :)

It's been a looooong time since I posted on SMH. There was a long time I didn't want to read anything fertility or pregnancy related, especially in between all the waiting time for IVF. And one by one the friends I knew on this thread all got pregnant, or left.

Anyway, I did my first IVF cycle with PC Wong at NUH in October/November. We ended up freezing all that cycle because I was overstimulated and got really sick. It's not done much here because people don't like to wait, but it's getting popular in the West and doctors believe it's better to rest one cycle before transferring if the patient is showing signs of OHSS.

Along the way, there were so many obstacles and I never thought it would happen for me. Actually, before October, we started one cycle in August, but that was cancelled because of poor response. This time, we changed medications, and I got plenty of eggs.

So after another long wait, we transferred one embryo on 29th January. Again, this was a controversial decision, because what we did is called 'selective single embryo transfer' or eSET. It's increasingly practised in developed countries like Sweden, Belgium, Japan, but they've only just started it at NUH. They want to discourage multiples pregnancy because of the high risks of complications and preterm labour. For 'young' patients like myself (< age 35) with good quality embryos, they found that if you transfer two, chances of twins is more than 50%! This is based on overseas medical studies. So even though I had reservations, Prof and my hubby strongly encouraged me to try eSET, and we transferred one good embryo.

I had a quiet Chinese New Year given the timing of the transfer. A few days later, I woke up in the middle of the night with the urge to pee. The next morning, I tested positive (6dp4dt) on one of the sensitive (HCG=25) pregnancy strips I got from the US. Confirmed with a positive beta the next morning.

I'm now in my 6th week and cautiously optimistic. I never believed I would see two lines on the test strip and it's still hard believing I'm pregnant and not worrying. But I wanted to share my story with you all to give you hope. I too, was very upset and very frustrated many times over the past few years.

BTW, I also run a secret Facebook group, started a few years ago with a group of SMH girls, most of whom are now Moms already. Yeah, I'm behind :) but it's okay. Own pace, own timing.

It's called Our Little Rainbow, and it's a safe and secure harbour for you to share your fertility ups and downs. If you have more questions for me about IVF, freezing all, or eSET, just message me. It's easier to reach me on Facebook as I don't check SMH that often, but I'll do my best to respond :)

Happy TTC-ing, and wishing all of you lots of baby dust!!!

Babylovely, I was initially on Gonal F which is the standard first line of stims that NUH uses. My eggies grew well up to 9mm, but refused to grow anymore and my e2 levels started to plunge. On the second round, we switched to Pergoveris, a much stronger stim drug that also contains LH (luteinising hormone) which helps mature the eggs as you stimulate new egg growth. I responded very well and perhaps even too well--got very sick by ER. I think Prof was a little kiasu and they didn't stop injections even up to the day before ER, but I got 22 mature eggies, 17 viable, 15 fertilised, 13 made it to day 3, and one currently inside me :)

Nervous babe, I have PCOS but no other issues. The only change we made was the switch to Pergoveris.

Hi everyone,

Cross posting here as I just got my BFP with Prof Wong, and I wanted to share my story :)

It's been a looooong time since I posted on SMH. There was a long time I didn't want to read anything fertility or pregnancy related, especially in between all the waiting time for IVF. And one by one the friends I knew on this thread all got pregnant, or left.

Anyway, I did my first IVF cycle with PC Wong at NUH in October/November. We ended up freezing all that cycle because I was overstimulated and got really sick. It's not done much here because people don't like to wait, but it's getting popular in the West and doctors believe it's better to rest one cycle before transferring if the patient is showing signs of OHSS.

Along the way, there were so many obstacles and I never thought it would happen for me. Actually, before October, we started one cycle in August, but that was cancelled because of poor response. This time, we changed medications, and I got plenty of eggs.

So after another long wait, we transferred one embryo on 29th January. Again, this was a controversial decision, because what we did is called 'selective single embryo transfer' or eSET. It's increasingly practised in developed countries like Sweden, Belgium, Japan, but they've only just started it at NUH. They want to discourage multiples pregnancy because of the high risks of complications and preterm labour. For 'young' patients like myself (< age 35) with good quality embryos, they found that if you transfer two, chances of twins is more than 50%! This is based on overseas medical studies. So even though I had reservations, Prof and my hubby strongly encouraged me to try eSET, and we transferred one good embryo.

I had a quiet Chinese New Year given the timing of the transfer. A few days later, I woke up in the middle of the night with the urge to pee. The next morning, I tested positive (6dp4dt) on one of the sensitive (HCG=25) pregnancy strips I got from the US. Confirmed with a positive beta the next morning.

I'm now in my 6th week and cautiously optimistic. I never believed I would see two lines on the test strip and it's still hard believing I'm pregnant and not worrying. But I wanted to share my story with you all to give you hope. I too, was very upset and very frustrated many times over the past few years.

BTW, I also run a secret Facebook group, started a few years ago with a group of SMH girls, most of whom are now Moms already. Yeah, I'm behind :) but it's okay. Own pace, own timing.

It's called Our Little Rainbow, and it's a safe and secure harbour for you to share your fertility ups and downs. If you have more questions for me about IVF, freezing all, or eSET, just message me. It's easier to reach me on Facebook as I don't check SMH that often, but I'll do my best to respond :)

Happy TTC-ing, and wishing all of you lots of baby dust!!!
Hi what is 6dp4dt

Hi Sonia, they do 4 day transfers at NUH, one of the most advanced in Singapore I think. Best is to transfer blastocyst (5 days), but I have only heard of one private lab here which does that. So that's what '4dt' means. '6dp' means 6 days past. So if you translate that to dpi it's 6+4=10dpo.

Nervous babe, sorry I really don't remember, but it was the same schedule as with Gonal F. But they continued with the jabs all the way till embryo retrieval. Have you started your IVF process?

Hi,

Anybody starting their cycle here in NUH? Im waiting for my mensus to come to make my call for natural frozen cycle. Im feeling so nervous and so many things to worry. If lining ok, if i ovulate, if embryo survive thaw...

Hi everyone,

I also did 1 embryo transfer April 2013 but on the basis that 1st IVF will definitely fail so better not waste the precious embryo.
Was also told by Prof to rest at least 2-3months before i start the next cycle, in the meantime, he ask me to seek TCM treatment but only acupuncture no herbs. But of coz i didn't listen and took herbs as well.

Congrats Tewig!!! Thanks for sharing your success story. Can add me on secret FB group? I will pm you my fb email address. I also did the selective single embryo transfer under the hands of Prof Wong and thanks to him, the embryologist, and all the gui ren, including the sisters here, we were successful in our first try.

Back