Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Bb blues why u say ur lining is thin?
Btw I believed stiff back will affect our reproductive system, I have contain aching backache and dr zhao say I got to solve this so she only poked my back not on tummy.

Talking about lining
Last summer my lining was super thin the other day sf Loh said just perfect
I guess dhea or Black conceive pills or acu or all of them played a role!

Bb blues why u say ur lining is thin?
Btw I believed stiff back will affect our reproductive system, I have contain aching backache and dr zhao say I got to solve this so she only poked my back not on tummy.
It was one of the scan done during IUI, my lining was only 5mm. Dr Que also think is thin. BTW, I asked him if I should take red bean soup to boost the lining, he say there are no scientific proof and tell me not to take. He say the best way to improve the lining is through acupuncture. My lining finally reach 9mm 3 days later (after 2 rounds of acu). Phew.

As for backaches, I also very prone to back problems, I can simply squat down and sprained my back while getting up. Que advise that if my job is desk bound, is best to walk around every 30 mins to promote blood circulation. When I consulted western dr about my back problem, he said my back muscle is very weak and ask me to do exercises that will strengthen the back, apparently cycling helps too.

Hi @straw1 sorry for the late reply. I've been really trying to keep myself busy with lunching out almost everyday and coming back home for the vjj meds inserts and when i'm home, catch up on sleep and reading. I've had to go for the progesterone jabs on every alternate day.. For additional support. On weekends i had to go to the gp for him to administer. My BT is tmr, no symptoms except for my slightly tender and sensitive breasts, but this always happens a week before menses. I'm nervous about tmr...some say no symptoms means its good...sigh..i'm still slightly hopeful though...

Peanut wish you the best for tomorrow bt. I also dont have any symptom and when I ask my sis in law who is 9 weeks pregnant now, she doesnt have any symptom until now only starting 2 weeks ago she cant wake up early and thats all.

Any attempt to do hpt before bt?

Hi @straw1 , the jab was ordered by Prof...nah, no HPT although i do have one in my bathroom. Honestly, im not very hopeful so i do not want to go through the disappointment yet. Plus i have been down that road during my iui days and this time round, ill just go for the sure thing i.e. Blood test ;) At least no false BFN or BFP...

Peanut all the best for your bt today. I hope you spread a bb dust here. I am not so hopeful too, need a positive vibes.

@straw1 i know what you mean..at times like these, we only have one another for support as we are all going through this together..thanks for the wishes..i dont feel so alone here ;)

Thanks cheeka.. Im waiting with bated breath.. Now at CHR waiting to get progesterone jab..wondering whether the receptionist did tell someone i'm here.. Im trying to avoid talking to her as i might lose my temper...:mad:

I think I understand your feelings about the receptionist... I also did IVF in NUH...hee hee. Good luck!

Hi sisters, it was BFN :( I was at Ikea when the nurse called me, had a short cry in the toilet and then when i met my DH for lunch, i cried full gear in the car. I thought it would hurt less since we have been through BFNs before but it still hurt. They scheduled me for appointment with Prof on5th Feb and see whats the next step..

Been out the whole day and i just came home. Tried to take my mind off by shopping..it works for now...i guess its the next step for me...anyone can advise how i can make appointment with Dr Que? I see you ladies have been talking about this person a lot...what should i expect from him? This is going to be my first TCM ever..

I'm afraid no baby dust from me this time :(

Peanut, I can feel you. Since you still have snowbabies, dont give up. Prepare your body to accept the snowbabies. do you have cold hand and feet problem?

Hi sisters, it was BFN :( I was at Ikea when the nurse called me, had a short cry in the toilet and then when i met my DH for lunch, i cried full gear in the car. I thought it would hurt less since we have been through BFNs before but it still hurt. They scheduled me for appointment with Prof on5th Feb and see whats the next step..

Been out the whole day and i just came home. Tried to take my mind off by shopping..it works for now...i guess its the next step for me...anyone can advise how i can make appointment with Dr Que? I see you ladies have been talking about this person a lot...what should i expect from him? This is going to be my first TCM ever..

I'm afraid no baby dust from me this time :(

Hugs, don't give up. I took more than one attempt to succeed. Sometimes it's like that.... Good idea to take your mind off this by doing things that you enjoy.

Peanut, it is fine to cry your heart out. Time will heal the pain. Take this opportunity to improve your body system. Jia you gal!

Hi peanut, take a break for now and do what you want and come back stronger, jia you!
Dr que contact 63485983, you gona walk in as he don't take appt.

Baby grin, I tried bee pollen but it doesn't seems to work for me as it shorten my menses even further so I stopped. I am already having a short cycle before taking it. I purchased from honeyworld.

Peanut I noticed mostly who failed ivf do have cold hand and feet. I am still searching who success with this problem, at least can give a slight hope. I also have this problem, hence not really hopefull

Peanut I noticed mostly who failed ivf do have cold hand and feet. I am still searching who success with this problem, at least can give a slight hope. I also have this problem, hence not really hopefull

Means poor blood circulation to the ends of your body. It's not a TCM logic but a scientific logic as well. Your fingers & toes are at the ends of your body so the will receive the least blood source. So it also means that your womb will possibly not get enough blood and nutrients as well. TCM theory is Qi not circulating well so in the womb and the endometrium layer is thin not enough blood supply so the embryo finds it difficult to embed in. I always visualize the embryo like a parasite trying to dig it's way into the embryo and growing there.

Ladies I am not feeling well starting yesterday 6dp5dt until now, feel like catching cold. What medicine is it safe to take. Although not hopeful but inside my heart I am still hoping.

Hi Peanut, *hug* dont be disheartened. Since you have not tried TCM, just give urself some time to tiao your body before your next attempt.
Did the nurse tell you if you have any implantation at all? If HCG is <2.4, no implantation. Just for reference only.

straw1, if you are not feverish and not having other symptoms, try to take some water and see if it clears. If really unwell, give CHR a call and see what they advice.

Peanut, dont be disheartened, ok? Keep trying... I know it's easier said than done, but you can now focus on improving your chances for the next round. FYI, I did acupuncture 3-4 times a month for one year before my IVF. I believe it helps, though you dont have to do for one year before your next step. I also have cold hands and feet. I always wear cardigan in office, and at home, I wear slippers (marble floor is kinda cold). I also sleep wearing socks until now and we dont use air-con when sleeping.

Straw, rest more! Drink plenty of water and vit C! Take care!

Hopemiracle and cheeka thanks for your advise. Called chr just now, nurse said take vit c and if fever take normal panadol. If persist can see gp but tell him we might be pregnant. I think my office aircond is too cold.

Cheeka, really? Youdo have cold hand and feet and succesfully pregnant? You give me hope, thanks for sharing.

Thanks ladies..ya i think i will try TCM. I never tried because i always wonder whether they can speak English. Besides Dr Que, any other recommendations? I live in the west although distance is not really an issue since i drive. But it would help save me travel time ;). @straw1 Think positive, im hoping and praying that you will get BFP so that the statistics of cold hands and feet is not accurate just like @cheeka ;)

@hopemiracle30 I didn't ask because i thought that if BT is BFN then won't have hcg levels o_O

Peanut thanks...
I tried dr zou ang mo kio and also dr zhu bukit merah, end up continue with dr zhu bukit merah when I start my ivf cycle coz she do moxibustion. Both doctor are quite famous for ivf-er but I took herbal medicine from tsb in china town

Thanks ladies..ya i think i will try TCM. I never tried because i always wonder whether they can speak English. Besides Dr Que, any other recommendations? I live in the west although distance is not really an issue since i drive. But it would help save me travel time ;).

Dr Que clinic is a chain "Tang Shan TCM" they have a branch at Vivo but the sinseh there is a taiwanese lady who do moxibustion which i thought is expensive. As i mentioned previously, the vivo branch grind herbs into powder. If you can take powder herbs then ok, but for me i will vomit.
It's located at B2, opposite Texas chicken/Giant.
Dr Que is male so he doesn't do moxibustion.

Hi peanut, take a break for now and do what you want and come back stronger, jia you!
Dr que contact 63485983, you gona walk in as he don't take appt.

Baby grin, I tried bee pollen but it doesn't seems to work for me as it shorten my menses even further so I stopped. I am already having a short cycle before taking it. I purchased from honeyworld.
@nervous_babe, thanks! Shall go Honeyworld to check it out. Actually I have been taking royal jelly and bee propolis and now thinking of trying bee pollen too. Not sure if I will be overdosed... hee

@straw1, relax and don't worry too much. One more week before your bt right? There is still a glimpse of hope.
Btw, what is Dr zhu's clinic address? I just saw Dr zou for the first time today but the location is not really that convenient for me and the waiting time is rather long.
How's the waiting time at dr zhu? Does she give powder medication and do acu? Bukit Merah is nearer to my home so maybe I will consider going there instead.

By the way, what shall i say when i walk into the medical halls? So pai seh...i dunno what to say also...Im thinking of dropping by marine parade tomorrow. What is moxibustion? What does it do?

Babygrin, u need to make appointment to see dr zhu. Once you make appointment, you dont need to wait too long.
Tsao Foundation
Hua mei acupuncture
Blk 128 Bukit Merah View#01-46
Singapore 150128
T: 6471 5517
F: 6276 2507
The acupuncture session takes about 40 mnt, they will burn moxa 3 times if you do moxibustion, and there is additional $ 15 charge for moxa, acu is $40. I think her medication is powder form, I dont take her medicine as I already have it from tsb china town.

Peanut moxibustion is burning a herb called moxa on top of your acu needle, it will help to promote blood circulation and make ypur uterus warm.

Btw for first consultation she charge another $ 35. Second and onward no more consultation charge.

I feel my period is coming, I feel wet downthere (sorry tmi).

Babygrin nothing is there, keep on checking. It is just the going to flow feeling.
Anyway, I leave it to the God, dont wanna think abt it. No matter how hard I think or worry, it wont change anything, haha...

By the way, what shall i say when i walk into the medical halls? So pai seh...i dunno what to say also...Im thinking of dropping by marine parade tomorrow. What is moxibustion? What does it do?
Hi Peanut, when u go marine parade tomorrow, just tell the recep u are a new patient and want to see Dr Que. they will give u a form to register and u wait for ur turn.

When u see Dr Que, just tell him ur fertility history, good to let him know what ur diagnosis is eg PCOS etc. in the first visit, basically he will take a history of ur medical condition before he takes pulse and administer treatment. Let him know that u are also doing IVF. Dun worry, he will question and guide u along. Be ready for acupuncture, he acu also during mensus time, so do wear a long pad cos u need to lie down during acu. All the best to u!

I dun do moxibustion, so cannot really tell u what is it exactly.

Straw1, dun wish to give u false hope but I would like to encourage u to be positive!
When I conceived in Nov, I started feeling a chill too, tot I was catching a cold. Following that, I also felt af-like cramp. Like what U did, I went to check, nothing also. I had af-like cramp on-off during the second half of the 2ww too,even after I tested positive. So I hope this is good sign for u. Try not to think too much, just relax and I wish u all the best in ur 2ww!

When is ur BT btw?

Hopemiracle and pantieileen, may I know what is your condition when you were seeing dr que? He don't seem to know a lot abt high fsh/low amh cases. Wonder is there any success case under him for such condition?

My history = ovarian cyst, polyps, pre-cervical cancer (CINII), removal of left fallopian tube, left ovary attached to large intestines. Heavy blood clots during period, cold hands/feet. KKH/NUH diagnose as very low chance of conceiving naturally (scientifically only 25% chance). NUH diagnose right ovarian reserve ok, left hopeless, i never ever asked NUH/KKH about my hormonal levels since they cited as normal. First IVF attempt at NUH April 2013 failed. Consulted Dr Que since June 2013, conceive naturally Aug 2013.

Thanks @hopemiracle30 I feel more confident walking into the medical hall :) @pantieileen Now i feel more certain for seeking an alternative form of medicine...learning about your history and the fact that you are awaiting the arrival of your lil one, i'm looking forward to the next steps to improve my body...congrats by the way! When is your EDD?

Hi nervous_babe, my infertility was unexplained. It was just not occurring naturally in the past 6 yrs of marriage though we did not purposely avoid conception. We attempted 3-4 IUIs, 1 fresh and 1FET in the past 2 yrs, only the last FET showed some progress. Hub's troop qty s ok just morp. I think that was improved w Que's med. as for me, it was prob my womb was weak to support preg thus I had a chem preg in my FET attempt. Acu plus med seems to work for me to improve my womb :)

Wat did Dr Que said abt ur condition after he takes ur pulse? Maybe what u can do is translate terms like FSH and AMH to him and explain to him th condition. He may know the condition but prob more familiar in the Chinese terms cos he was trained in china. Like hcg, when he explained to me in Chinese, it is 'huang ti tong/ huang tong to' , I also feel blur understanding these hormonal terms in Chinese. Hope ur body is improving after u see him;)

Hopemiracle 30, I only went for his acu and was only about 6 needles. He wanted us to take his herbs but we are taking TSB herbs and my hubby have no intention to change to him. He diagnosed me as xue hou, organ too heaty I think, Haaha

Hopemiracle 30, I only went for his acu and was only about 6 needles. He wanted us to take his herbs but we are taking TSB herbs and my hubby have no intention to change to him. He diagnosed me as xue hou, organ too heaty I think, Haaha

Yup, same as me. Organs too heaty to absorb anything other things, so must detox

Hi Morning.

Nervous babe, did you share with Dr Que that u are on TSB med?
I feel that both treatments should be complementary to bring about the optimum effect. I didnt take chinese med from Dr Que initially cos I experienced some side effects like gastric and also intermenstrual bleeding when I was w EYS Paragon. Though I was not certain if the med caused the anovulation (thus the intermenstrual bleeding), I wasted a few months on OC to regulate back my normal cycle. So when i started with Dr Que, I only go for acu, he told me if I have a emo barrier, then better not take the med. He was quite understanding. It was after my FET that I decided to try the med again, he was aware of my side effects and was cautious with his prescription. Only experienced headache w his med, no gastric and my cycle was regular. phew....;)

Will u be cycling soon? Did he advice when u should start?

Hopemiracle thanks for your word of encouragement. I am preparing for the worst, hahaha. It is better than preparing for the best. I have faced a 3 times iui back then, so I think it is better to be prepared for the worst.
My bt will be this friday, not sure if I should do poas or not.

Hi nervous_babe, my infertility was unexplained. It was just not occurring naturally in the past 6 yrs of marriage though we did not purposely avoid conception. We attempted 3-4 IUIs, 1 fresh and 1FET in the past 2 yrs, only the last FET showed some progress. Hub's troop qty s ok just morp. I think that was improved w Que's med. as for me, it was prob my womb was weak to support preg thus I had a chem preg in my FET attempt. Acu plus med seems to work for me to improve my womb :)

Same : I also did not purposely avoid conception since 2003 (same bf = husband) but never got a chance to even use HPT until 3yr ago after i ROM, KKH sense something is not right if i had sex every weekend and not even the slightest hint of getting pregnant.

Wat did Dr Que said abt ur condition after he takes ur pulse? Maybe what u can do is translate terms like FSH and AMH to him and explain to him th condition. He may know the condition but prob more familiar in the Chinese terms cos he was trained in china. Like hcg, when he explained to me in Chinese, it is 'huang ti tong/ huang tong to' , I also feel blur understanding these hormonal terms in Chinese. Hope ur body is improving after u see him;)
FSH/AMH/estrogen/Progesterone is difficult for TCM to translate into chinese terms. HE only can tell me its "He Er Mong". Anyway PC Wong already says implantation is act of GOD and science/technology CANNOT perfect this step, if you have been to his lectures or talks. The only way we can improve is via TCM although he doesn't advocate herbs but prefers us to do acupuncture.

Hi Peanut, Hugs to you...... Jia You.....
I'm actively seeing Dr Que every week.... going dwn today for accu session.
He will be on leave 29 jan - 6 Feb....

Back