Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Ladies just came back for second opinion with dr zou amk, she said blood circulation is okay, my womb also okay, not cold as last time. Acupuncture and herbal medicine did help for it.

Cheeka, if I am so fortunate, I already strike naturally... haha... One step at a time... most important now is to tiao the body to the optimum condition
Maybe he upped the dose to grow ur follies better, ur initial dose is low, mine was at 150 throughout. Dun think too much, just keep looking forward to each scan, quite exciting :)

Hi sistas!. Tdy is day 10 of stim but only 11-14mm follicles... is this considered slow?Taking 300 units of purgeon daily for now...
This wed gg for 5th scan... Bad news is, right ovary still high, cannot be reached.
What's the ideal follicle size and lining? Prof never mention lining lei.
TSF, try to take it easy and dont think too much yah. Not good for ttc :) Everyone reacts differently to the medication. I also read that even after trigger shot, the follies will still continue to grow. May I know what is your Day 5 of stimulation figures (number of follicles? size of follicles?)?

Orange-Tigger and Hopemiracle, all the best for your upcoming FET!

tsf, I remember Prof said that if you have many follicles in your high ovary, the ovary may drop lower due to the weight of the follies during ER. Think one of the sistas here also has high ovary but Prof still manage to extract the follies. So don't worry too much as these are what we cannot control, so just be positive and send positive vibes to your follies for them to grow bigger. :)

Cheeka, 7 follies on each ovary is very good! *envy* What are the sizes? Did prof measure your lining too?

bb_blues, really? Thanks! I just thought that if 7 on each ovary is good, then why did he increase my dosage? At Day 5 of stimming, he mentioned 8mm and 6mm. He didnt mention anything about lining, but said something about 5mm, so I assume that is the lining? I dont feel very well today... runny nose and gassy stomach after drinking redoxon.

I want to ask something very paiseh... :oops: errmmm.... ~clear throat~... do you ladies trim your secret garden? Like for the scans? My apology for the stupid question, but cant help but feel conscious....

Orange tiggger: Don't worry. Your embby will be strong and be united with u soon.

Jasumine: thanks for sharing the experience. I went out on sat after iui and came back in the evening to rest. Sunday total bed rest. The problem with iui is never know when is ovulation
Fertilization and implantation. All is guessing game. Ivf at least only implantation
Is question mark.

Hopemiracle: How is natural fet done?

TSF, try to take it easy and dont think too much yah. Not good for ttc :) Everyone reacts differently to the medication. I also read that even after trigger shot, the follies will still continue to grow. May I know what is your Day 5 of stimulation figures (number of follicles? size of follicles?)?
Hi Cheeka,
Day 5 of stim: left 7 follicles, right 6 follicles
Size 8-12mm.

Wahaha... I learnt sth new here...I didn't know we all have a 'secret garden'!

Thanks bb_blues!

mesara, natural FET means no medication used at all, all will depend on the body regular cycle. Prof told me to go for first scan on D10 of my current cycle, from there, he monitors the follicle size and lining. ET will happen after I naturally ovulated.since my Embbies were frozen on Day 3-4, ET should happen 3-4 days after my natural ovulation.

This is my first FET, hehe, still learning as it comes. I m going for daily scan until I ovulate. Other hosp has different practice, some were told to monitor w OPK for LH surge and call hosp once detected and they will plan ET from there.
I will share more as I progress in this FET... Still abit lost :)

Hi ladies
@bbblues thanks for asking
It went bad i only had 4 antra follicules And he put me on the Max dosage of gonalf (450) the needle is no pain but the injection was pain cause so much liquid also i had huge headache all day :(
I also asked for dhea he said nuh does not have And am scared to order online

@bbblues what was your afc by the way in your previous ivf ? Wong is really depressing me you Know he never gives me positive waves this is so upsetting !

Hopemiracle: thanks for sharing. So when r u expecting ovulation. Good tat prod does the daily scan m
Monitor closely. Feel v assured. For me on day 12 follie was 22 mm and when iui prof said already ovulated. Wonder how they know ovulated. Curious to know but dare not ask hehe.

Duffy... congratulations. :):)

I started my noreth....yesterday...
For now dnt feel anything... am i supposed to feel sth.
I take it 915 am n pm

Eating 2 egg whites a day Anything else???

Morning ladies,

Gigi, previous cycle they did not check my AFC. Just had my scan and my AFC is 6. Not fantastic either. Also on max Gonal F.
Don't worry too much, you just need one good embryo to stick. Have to stay positive.

Good morning girls
Well he might have not seen them all o_O - tell me if you expérience headache today i had to take 2 x1g paracetamol And still hurting :confused: - we are on the Max dosage
Take care you go back on monday right?
Gigi

Hopemiracle: thanks for sharing. So when r u expecting ovulation. Good tat prod does the daily scan m
Monitor closely. Feel v assured. For me on day 12 follie was 22 mm and when iui prof said already ovulated. Wonder how they know ovulated. Curious to know but dare not ask hehe.

Hi mesara,
once ovulated, the ruptured follicle - corpus luteum remains in the ovary, think what Prof can see is this.
My follie is small compared to yours. Today D16 only 17.5mm, but think still ok... as long as I ovulate.
I am glad we have close monitoring too, but very tired to go daily. I am going again tomorrow ley... he say likely ovulation will happen tomorrow... maybe then will i know my ET date.

Hi Sunshine2005, jia you as u begin to embark on this journey. I didnt feel anything while on Nor-E, just take and wait for ur mensus and scan w Prof. The proper cycling will then begin. I didnt start taking anything at this phase, but I think it is good to start now to supplement the protein in ur body. U can consider immuncal, a protein supplement. But cos it is expensive, maybe u can consider that when u satrt stimulation. Go and read up abit abt it.

Yes, agree with bb_blues. Gigi, just stay positive and see how ur body responses. I was also quite depressed last week when my follies grew so slowly. It affected my mood and after the second scan, I just dun think abt it, and on my 3rd scan , things were better. Cannot deflate ur energy now, still have a long way to go. jia you!

Gigi, i need to go back this sat. I think headache is common, remember to drink more water. I used to have headaches whenever i on stimulation or suppression jabs too but they usually last for the first 2 or 3 days, then your body will get used to it.

Morning ladies. I also have headaches initially... and still on and off. Scanned this morning. Prof said my follicles are not growing as expected, and he started me on Pergoveris maybe to increase the size of follicles. Anyone had this before? Sigh... 3 injections per day...... I just want this to be over with soon.... (sorry for spreading negative vibes).

cheeka, whats your size today? I have not tried pergoveris. Who knows this will work wonders for you. When you need to go back for scan?

bb_blues:
Right: 9 follicles (8mm-10mm)
Left: 6 follicles (6mm-8mm)
That is after 7 days of stimming. Will go back on Friday.

Hi girls
Pergoveries is to help growth i might have it as well
Your folies have to Reach 18mm for ER the average is 2mm per day you still have chance !!
Thanks for the headache thing girls i think tonight i Will take paracetamol right after the jab so the headache wont Wake me up
Gigi

hello everyone. haven been MIA coz travelling for work. Sigh.

Congrats duffy!!

My AF came today and I am supposed to call up CHR to inform them. But I saw an email from boss that she wants me to go on a work trip to the US during third week of Oct. I count and count. If gotta go for the trip, then cannot start this cycle. Sad.
Going to discuss with her later this afternoon to see if someone else can go for the trip....

For those cycling now, jia you and hang in there!!

many posts to catch up.

was it syrian who mentioned that accupunture did help her increase her amh reading? can do the accu anytime during the cycle as long as af clears? thanks!

Hi kopibaby
Yeah i think this was syrian
You Know i Know its hard to hear but your ivf should come first beleive an old gal with a great carreer cause your body does not wait ok?
@cheeka i checked my notes the nurse also mentionned i ll have 3 jabs a day the last few days (about 5) ooooh gosh you jab morning afternoon night? How do you turn? Ok lets be brave!!

Hi gigi,
Thanks for your advice. I know. I am not young anymore; late 30s liao....Sigh. And I am not ambitious in career. Not aiming for any promotions or whatsoever. Just wanna come in, work and take pay check. Lemme talk to my boss later...

3 jabs in a day? Jia you!!

Cheeka, dun be discouraged. Your numbers are good, just need to escalate their sizes. Rem to take ur eggs, immunocal etc... jia you jia you

kopibaby, know it is hard... u must be v torn between work and family. Hope ur boss can release u this round.
Rem, u need to be in the relac state when u are trying also, so need to be mentally prepare urself for the journey ahead. Hope ur schedule can go well w the procedure.

Hopemiracle: Excited to hear that you will be ovulating soon. Embbies will join u soon. Heard better to iui before egg rupture but for me seems like egg ruptured earlier. Hope it met troops n got fertilized by now. By calendar it appears weekend shud be implantation. Hmmm abit worried.

Gigi cheeka bb blues: Have faith in follies. Don't just depend on medication n supplements. Natural food like avocado green tea salmon honey spinach n wheatgrass also help follies grow. Jia you gals

Gd evening ladies!

Tsf, bb_blues is referring to me. I got high left ovary but prof managed to retrieve frm there. Mine dropped a little when nearing ER. I think ur no of follies is quite gd . U might wanna try to up ur protein intake. Perhaps consume more raw egg whites to stimulate follicle growth. Dun worry to much k. Take one step at a time. Stress will affect follies growth.

Kopibaby, yup its me. Acu did improve my amh reading. Im surprised abt it myself. Wat my previous gynae told me, once ur amh is low, tats it. Nothing else can improve the reading. That kept me down for sometime. But i read online that acu can improve our reserves. Really hope i can respond better this round. Ended my nor-e yesterday. Gonna see prof this sat. If all goes well, will join u gals in the jabs this sat. *fingers crossed*

Cheeka, gigi, dun be discouraged abt ur follies growth k. Pergoveries is to improve the egg quality & growth. Try to tahan a bit more. U gals have gone thro so far, juz a few steps closer to re-uniting wif ur embbies. Juz a word of advice though, my tummy did get more rubbery to the extend tat it is difficult to get the needle in to finish off the final jab before ER.

Anyone try immunocal to stimulate follies growth? I wonder if it is more to preventing ohss or improve follies growth..

Thanks syrian for your wise advice
What did you do to improve your Tummy condition then? Have a search about immunocal on the forum cant remember but some girls mentionned it
Thanks mesara spinach with salmon tonight ;)
I have this awful headache only cold Water on my head helps :mad:
Take care girls

Kopibaby - I think we might be in similar cycles as my AF came on Saturday. I called them yesterday and they called me back today with my details. I start nor-e from 8th for 12 days and see prof and start stim on 24th Oct. Are u doing a fresh cycle?

Any other ladies starting nor-e soon also?

Gd evening ladies!

Tsf, bb_blues is referring to me. I got high left ovary but prof managed to retrieve frm there. Mine dropped a little when nearing ER. I think ur no of follies is quite gd . U might wanna try to up ur protein intake. Perhaps consume more raw egg whites to stimulate follicle growth. Dun worry to much k. Take one step at a time. Stress will affect follies growth.

Kopibaby, yup its me. Acu did improve my amh reading. Im surprised abt it myself. Wat my previous gynae told me, once ur amh is low, tats it. Nothing else can improve the reading. That kept me down for sometime. But i read online that acu can improve our reserves. Really hope i can respond better this round. Ended my nor-e yesterday. Gonna see prof this sat. If all goes well, will join u gals in the jabs this sat. *fingers crossed*

Cheeka, gigi, dun be discouraged abt ur follies growth k. Pergoveries is to improve the egg quality & growth. Try to tahan a bit more. U gals have gone thro so far, juz a few steps closer to re-uniting wif ur embbies. Juz a word of advice though, my tummy did get more rubbery to the extend tat it is difficult to get the needle in to finish off the final jab before ER.

Anyone try immunocal to stimulate follies growth? I wonder if it is more to preventing ohss or improve follies growth..
Thanks Syrian for the encouragement. Hopefully I'm as lucky as u.
I'm taking 4 egg whites a day plus ensure every 2-3 days. Very filling...
How many egg whites u took daily???

I had a headache so bad las night that I vomited 3 times.... Fell sick 3 times during my stim cycle... So suay.....

On the way to my 5th scan, hopefully there's good news....

Good morning ladies
Tsf all the best!
Orange trigger And hopemiracle did you get your ET??
Keep us informed
Have a nice day

@tsf :mad: I Know this headache thing as bbblues suggested drink more Water plus i called the nurses they said headache And nausea are quite common

Tsf0205, take care.... Hope ur headache will go away soon... Waiting for ur good new after scanning.. :)

Sunshine 2005 & kopi baby: thanks for the well wishes....

Cheeka: endure, endure... Try to find different spots for ur injections.... Alternate side maybe will help...

gigi: Jia you and take care too....

anie_angel: hi hi. hopefully we can be cycle buddies.

i didnt get the chance to speak with my boss yesterday. i waited for her to finish her conference call until cannot wait liao - need to go home liao. so hope to catch her this morning.

btw, girls, i heard there is news that the govt is removing the cap on subsidy for 3 times fresh ivf, which means i think no limit. not sure about the details. should go check the news.....

syrian - which part of your cycle did you do acu? once af clears?

Thanks duffy and syrian. Yeah, no choice, have to endure all the injections.... few more days to go... I hope. Going back on friday for 4th scan.

Tsf, let us know how your 5th scan go okay? Jia you! Take care! Did you eat something wrong? Why the vomiting? I hope it's nothing serious.... is your dosage too high? You can try and drink 100plus or HtwoO. I had headaches too but once I drank those energy drinks, they're gone.

Kopibaby, the government removed the cap on each cycle (i.e no more cap of $6K, $5K and $4K for 1st, 2nd and 3rd cycles respectively). But there's still cap on the total amount of $15k to draw from medisave.

tsf, all the best to your scan today.

Gigi, my headache is creeping back this morning. Moreover, my AF just cleared and I feel abit light-headed and dizziness. Must be low blood..

mesara, out of the list of food you mentioned, I have added wheatgrass, honey and salmon to my diet..hehehe..

Oh, I have also started to eat egg whites and immunocal. Think these are a good source of protein for follicles growth.

gigi - It should be either this Fri or next Mon. Still waiting for the embryologist to update me till today. Most important my embryos can survive the thaw process.

Kopibaby - thanks for your wish. hope your boss grant your request. good luck. :)

Hi bb blues, cheeka, Gigi and Duffy bear,

Very heartwarming to receive yr wishes. Right side still high : (
Prof says can only wish for the best.... ER likely this sat.

Can I check, after ER, when will u know how many eggs fertilized? How is the transfer dates calculated???

Tsf, hugs.... what about your left ovary? Good number of follies and size? Let's hope that Prof can use his magic hand to retrieve right side ones, but prepare for the worst....

More help for couples trying to conceive
25 September 2013
Straits Times
(c) 2013 Singapore Press Holdings Limited

FROM Oct 1, couples trying for a baby using assisted conception procedures will be able to use their Medisave funds for more than the current three cycles, said the Health Ministry (MOH) in a statement yesterday. This is because the Government has co-funded up to three-quarters of each assisted reproduction cycle at public hospitals for eligible couples since January, so couples need to use less of their Medisave each time.

The enhanced Marriage and Parenthood Package is intended to help Singaporeans have children. Previously, the Government paid for up to 50 per cent of each cycle, up to three cycles.

"Since then, some Singaporeans have asked for more flexibility in the use of Medisave to complement the enhanced co-funding scheme," said a Health Ministry spokesman. But while MOH has lifted the three-cycle cap on Medisave claims, the cumulative Medisave use allowed remains at $15,000 to ensure couples do not deplete their Medisave prematurely.

Assisted conception procedures include artificial insemination, in-vitro fertilisation and other techniques. Currently, Medisave can be used for these procedures at any public or private assisted reproduction centres. The current Medisave withdrawal limit is $6,000 for the first treatment cycle, $5,000 for the second and $4,000 for the third.

The change will allow couples to use Medisave for the fourth and subsequent cycles, subject to a $4,000 limit each, up to a cumulative total of $15,000. Last year, a single cycle of IVF treatment here typically cost between $7,000 and $14,000.

Tsf, hugs.... what about your left ovary? Good number of follies and size? Let's hope that Prof can use his magic hand to retrieve right side ones, but prepare for the worst....
Hi cheeka, my left have bigger follicles actually. But only 8 follies.

Back