Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Tsf, i started with 2 egg whites but gradually increased to 8 per day as my follies grew slowly . U took ensure? Where did u get it from? Which one is better? Ensure or immunocal? Wanna try either one. Hope to grow my follies faster this round. Hope to catch prof for my ER & ET before he goes on leave. Btw 8 follies on the left is a gd number. Bigger follicle is great! They growing very well. Dun worry k. Trust prof hands. All the best for ur upcoming ER. Take care of ur health alrite. Drink more water. Oh ya abt ur question, dr will update u few hours after ER abt the no of eggs retrieved, during ur resting moments in day surgery ward. date, im not sure how they calculate. Think it depends on which day ur ER falls. If sat, high chance do ET on mon or tue. My previous time, i did ER on thu but ET on mon.

Kopibaby, i start acu after AF clear. Cant do acu during menses.

All the best to all ladies here! May we all BFP together!

hi ladies, I started Nor E on 24Sept and same time having fever and flu :( *sneeze sneeze*
Told my superior abt the HL, they dont look very happy abt it :(

Miric, dont need to care about your superior. It's our priority to embark on this journey and they should be supportive. As if this journey is easy.... and they just dont understand cos they've never been through it. If they are not, then it's their problem... take it easy yah.

Cheeka< yah...initially, I really tot they will be very supportive but sigh... no choice lor... if they are going to penalise me for this, go ahead bah!

Hi ladies
Okay we are all on the line still running praying for success
@bbblues ok i ve been to my acu this morning she gave me herbs for headache and all ;) Hope it ll help
She also said good Pc Wong does not give dhea this is bad dont buy
also cheeka i dont think energy drinks are recommanded this is like coffee smoking alcool all banned!
Bye

Tsf, i started with 2 egg whites but gradually increased to 8 per day as my follies grew slowly . U took ensure? Where did u get it from? Which one is better? Ensure or immunocal? Wanna try either one. Hope to grow my follies faster this round. Hope to catch prof for my ER & ET before he goes on leave. Btw 8 follies on the left is a gd number. Bigger follicle is great! They growing very well. Dun worry k. Trust prof hands. All the best for ur upcoming ER. Take care of ur health alrite. Drink more water. Oh ya abt ur question, dr will update u few hours after ER abt the no of eggs retrieved, during ur resting moments in day surgery ward. date, im not sure how they calculate. Think it depends on which day ur ER falls. If sat, high chance do ET on mon or tue. My previous time, i did ER on thu but ET on mon.

Kopibaby, i start acu after AF clear. Cant do acu during menses.

All the best to all ladies here! May we all BFP together!
Hi Syrian, looks like my protein intake nt enough... My ensure my hb buy. He is Abbott staff so got discount when buying. Ensure is a very nutritious pdt. Protein may not be very rich but definitely nutritious.

miric, yr boss married?? Try to let ur boss understand the importance abt the 2ww

Good afternoon! so many posts over here today... the thread is moving, good good!

Orange-Tigger, I ovulated and thus will be joining u, thanks for singing that lovely song, it certainly works... :p
Thanks tsf for your wishes, gigi too.
My ET this sat or Mon, havent confirmed yet, still waiting for blood test result and embryologist to confirm.
Like Orange-Tigger mentioned, most important is the embbies thaw well.
Will eat healthily and await for the reunion w my embbbies. ;)

tsf, were u the one with purple ice bag this am? I realise our scans coincide and I wonder if it was u.
Hehe... 8 is good number, u never know Prof can retrieve those from the right too... it will be a surprise when u wake up from ER :)
For me, after my ER, a dr came by to check on me and told me how many eggs retrieved. Then they will release u for home and then the next day, the embryologist will call u to update how many fertilised and also whether good/satisfactory.

For those sisters who are undergoing stimulation, take one step at a time. jia you!

Miric, juz dun care wat ur boss say. Important is ur priority. Ask urself which is more important, family or work? If they are not understanding & being so selfish then they deserved to be ignored. Dun let all these bring u down k. U shd stand for ur own rBtw did u tell ur boss abt u going thro ivf? Mayb u might wanna get ur other colleagues to follow up wif ur duties while u on HL.

Hope, congrats . Great to noe tht u have ovulated. All the best for ur upcoming ET.

Ladies, anyone noes where to get immunocal? Thanks in adv..

Hi syrian, thanks thanks! I am happy to know I ovulated too :)
I got it from OG, the one near si ma lu. Go to the Supplement section. $106 per box of 30's
Good if u have OG card, I think 5% off

Good afternoon! so many posts over here today... the thread is moving, good good!

Orange-Tigger, I ovulated and thus will be joining u, thanks for singing that lovely song, it certainly works... :p
Thanks tsf for your wishes, gigi too.
My ET this sat or Mon, havent confirmed yet, still waiting for blood test result and embryologist to confirm.
Like Orange-Tigger mentioned, most important is the embbies thaw well.
Will eat healthily and await for the reunion w my embbbies. ;)

tsf, were u the one with purple ice bag this am? I realise our scans coincide and I wonder if it was u.
Hehe... 8 is good number, u never know Prof can retrieve those from the right too... it will be a surprise when u wake up from ER :)
For me, after my ER, a dr came by to check on me and told me how many eggs retrieved. Then they will release u for home and then the next day, the embryologist will call u to update how many fertilised and also whether good/satisfactory.

For those sisters who are undergoing stimulation, take one step at a time. jia you!
Hopemiracle, I'm not the one with purple bag. This morning I saw 2 ladies with purple bag. U one of them? Hee...

Oh... If ER on sat, means only Monday then I will know how many fertilized? Hmm... So is ET more likely to fall on tues if its a 3 days transfer?

tsf, oops... I made a wrong guess.
I have no bag cos no stimulation :)
Not sure if they will call u on Sun. But if u ER on sat, then ur ET shd be Tues.
My ER on Mon and ET on thurs the last time.

Syrian, I bought immunocal at OG in Chinatown.
Hopemiracle, good luck for your ET!!! You thaw two? Jia you jia you! Will they give you MC or hospitalisation leave? Maybe you can consider resting after the ET.

Btw, im in day 9 of stimming. I only take 2 eggs and 1 packet of immunocal per day. Do you think I should increase?

Hi Cheeka, Thanks for ur wishes!
Going for 2, hope they can survive thawing. I think they will give me the break, not sure. But cos I work for hub, will be declaring 2 weeks off from work, but function at home. This time going to take it easy. Cannot stress, just relac.

During my stim, I took 2 eggs only, didnt take immunocal until after ET cos I tot immunocal more for OHSS. But Maomi took it during her stim also.
Not sure if upping my immunocal to twice daily increased rate of my follicle growth this time. Rem, I shared my follicles v small on D10 and D13, then i quickly up to 2 packs a day and on D 15, my follicle grew from 9mm to 16mm. Sometimes, it is also the hormones. No harm upping I think.

Hopemiracle, so nice to be able to declare two weeks off! Heheheheh.....
Woah... yeah. Your follicle grew 7mm in 2 days! You're right. Maybe I should increase the immunocal twice a day. Thanks for the tips! ;)

syrian>immed superior is woman, head boss is man, both married...well from their point of view, my HL will cause manpower shortage but I dont care liao... IVF is already a diffcult process... even if its going to affect my appraisal, be it! hahahha
May I ask when to start acu? me should stim 12 Oct... TIA! :)

Hopemiracle, so nice to be able to declare two weeks off! Heheheheh.....
Woah... yeah. Your follicle grew 7mm in 2 days! You're right. Maybe I should increase the immunocal twice a day. Thanks for the tips! ;)

welcome welcome. Hope it helps... no garantee hor :)
All the best!

sad.....
no good news.....
not starting ivf this cycle.....
boss says the direction to go on the work trip comes from the CFO. i didnt tell boss that i am gonna do ivf but just cited that its a long way to fly and that someone else is in a better position to attend the meeting blah blah blah.....
but she said its good exposure and since it comes from the CFO.....
sigh sigh sigh.
i agree with all of you here who encouraged me that ivf should be my priority......
i dunno........:(

Kopibaby, sorry to hear that... ~hugz~ Actually, in life, we are always faced with difficult choices. Everyone of us has different priorities, but at the end of the day, we have to weigh them and make our choice. Perhaps you may want to discuss with your hubby? Or maybe if you tell your boss, he/she might empathise with you and send someone else? I agree that under normal circumstances, going overseas is indeed a good exposure. I recall you just came back from overseas trip? Does your work require you to travel often?

Last year after 2 y ttcing i discovered i was prégnant while overseas i had lot of bleeding doing miscarriage
docs told me bedrest for at least 3 months my hb and kid were in singapore no way i would stay stuck in Europe without them so i got up had my mc And now for some reasons discovered that i m low amh And that was maybe my last chance preggie!!
You have to think twice really body condition does not wait !

Oh dont worry cheeka that was my 2nd Mc i dont mention it to complain its just to Warn you about the travelling thing! ;) I am really fine now :)

thank you kind ladies for your advice. and thanks for sharing your experience gigi.

when i first started ttc-ing, i planned my life around it. no travelling, no sports etc etc. just in case i get preggie. then i realised that if i do that, then i would never "lived". and the disappointment is also greater.
so i tell myself to live normally, do things as per normal and then when find if preggie, then need to cut back/down on certain things. otherwise, its gonna be a frustrating experience letting whole life revolve around ttc-ing.

So gigi, you have already have kids?

cheeka, thanks for your advice. priority. that is the key word...
lemme think about it and discuss with hubby.....

oh, my work used to require me to travel 70% of the time but now it has changed. i would say occasional travel but just so happens that there are a few meetings this time round.....
i didnt travel jan - may. then one trip in june, two trips in july, then the last trip in sept. and then this other trip in oct. so its erratic....

@kopibaby well you re not wrong but not absolutely when you Reach late 30's you have to concentrate on it i think cause Thats your last years! Yeah i have a wonderdul 5 yo boy borned naturally a miracle my hubby has only 1% good morpho sperm
I have no time now that s why i go for ivf :)

Kopibaby, I understand how you feel. Me too in the past planned my life around ttc-ing... no travelling, no climbing mount kinabalu etc, but after years of ttcing and nothing has happened (in fact I got thyroid issues due to stress and other factors), I found that I never "lived" for the past few years of ttc-ing. Like you said, the disappointment was in fact greater. Now.. I learn to take it easy and try to let go. :D My reason for IVF is poor troops.

Wowow the thread moving real fast. Actually I think fertilization is over for me now weekend should be implantation. Which means a number if us will be doing BT together. My BT is two weeks from now.

Anyone taking any supplements after ET? Or should stop all supplements?
Currently taking prenatal vit, vit c, fish oil and royal jelly.

Tsf - I am currently taking prenatal vit and royal jelly which I am planning to take them after my ET. Normally PC will stop your supplements once u get BFP. :p

By the way, CHR has called me today and confirmed my ET is scheduled on this Sat. But I still have to wait for the embryologist phonecall on this Fri afternoon as she will update me whether my embryos survive the thaw process.

After 5 days GonalF, i have 7 follicles with size 8-9mm in each ovary. Prof wong said its good, pray that the size will continue to grow.Today is my 2nd scan, need go back tomorrow morning to learn new injection. Heard the morning injection is painfull... Is it true for anyone who experience that?

Tsf - I am currently taking prenatal vit and royal jelly which I am planning to take them after my ET. Normally PC will stop your supplements once u get BFP. :p

By the way, CHR has called me today and confirmed my ET is scheduled on this Sat. But I still have to wait for the embryologist phonecall on this Fri afternoon as she will update me whether my embryos survive the thaw process.
Thanks orange tigger! All the best for yr ET

After 5 days GonalF, i have 7 follicles with size 8-9mm in each ovary. Prof wong said its good, pray that the size will continue to grow.Today is my 2nd scan, need go back tomorrow morning to learn new injection. Heard the morning injection is painfull... Is it true for anyone who experience that?
Hi mustard seed, its like an ant bite. Jus poke with hesitation and won't hurt too much

orangetigger - hope you get good news on friday and all the best for your ET on Sat! :)

mustard see - based on what i read on what the other ladies said, good numbers! :) happy for you!

cheeka - so have you climbed mount kk yet? :D if not, you should! i did it and it was great! and yeah, dont let life revolve around ttc.
how long have you been ttc-ing? just live normally and then if it comes, it comes. although it is easier said than done (sometimes, well, actually all the time! hahaha), but i guess i have to learn to constantly remind myself of the other blessings i have in my life e.g. i have good friends, stable job, no need to worry about next meal, good health, my family etc. and of course my handbags and my shoes. hahaha....oops....that is digressing from the thread....but i just wanna lighten the mood a little bit here....

anyways, didnt get the chance to speak with hubby last night coz we had an argument about something else.

Morning ladies!

The thread moves so fast! All the best to those going for your ET soon. Think is Orange and Hopemiracle? Hope your embbies thaw beautifully.

Mustard Seed, that is very good progress! Did you take any supplements? Egg whites or immunocal?

kopibaby, sorry to hear that you need to postpone your cycle. There always a reason why things happen, maybe is for the better. Who knows!

Ladies, only 2 days of jab and I feel bloated and abdominal tightness this morning. Awful feeling...

Orange-tigger, good luck for your ET this Saturday! Keep us posted on your frozen embies... :)

Good luck to Hopemiracle too!

Mustard, hey, I also had 7 follicles in each ovary for day 5 stimming scan. Your size is better though. Mine is not growing well and Prof added another injection Pergoveris. SO I have three injections per day!!! I suggest you increase your protein intake (eggs and immunocal) so that they grow more. The morning injection is Cetrotide... it's not as painful as Pergoveris. Dont worry... it only stings a bit.

Kopibaby, I haven't climbed KK. :( Cos have to plan well in advance, and we always thought... what if pregnant? What if bfp? But of course, it didn't come. Anyway, been ttcing for 3 years. Lot's of ups and downs.... failed SO-IUIs, instances where there was no sperm in ejaculate, thyroid issues... problems after problems... Hahahhaha.... yeah, shoes! Going to buy shoes this weekend! :D

Good morning girls !
Mustard seed Waouh great numbers! Wish you the best
Bbblues i went to my acu yesterday i Feel so much better maybe give a call to yours she put needles on my toes for headache and gave me herbs i also went swimming yest night to relax - we are on Max dosage he can be why
All girls have a nice day!

Thank you bb_blues and Cheeka!

Orange_Tigger, we are indeed buddies. They called yday, asked me to start crinone gel today and tomorrow, then wait for embryologist to call up on Fri to cfm ET go or no go on sat. Hope everything is fine for us. Anyone else going for ET?

Mustard seed, Jia you! Numbers seems good, there should be more, wait and see :)
The cetrotide injection is not that painful when u inject, but itchy after u jab. U will get use to it by the 3rd jab.

Bb_blues, it is normal. Imagine those 'grapes' growing in ur ovaries :) dun be too rough on ur body, walk gently.

tsf, are u in the single bedder? I rem leaving ard 4-5pm that day. Max my stay there to relax.

Kopibaby, I agree with Cheeka, quite xian to keep postponing, but it is better for u to be in a relaxed state when U start IvF, finish what u need to do first maybe. But must set a timeline as to when to cut off, else baby plan will always be pushed back.

morning all... nose still running *sneeze*...
My Nor E will end 7 Oct, see Prof on 12 Oct start stim, so at which stage shld I start acu?

Thank you bb_blues and Cheeka!

Orange_Tigger, we are indeed buddies. They called yday, asked me to start crinone gel today and tomorrow, then wait for embryologist to call up on Fri to cfm ET go or no go on sat. Hope everything is fine for us. Anyone else going for ET?

Mustard seed, Jia you! Numbers seems good, there should be more, wait and see :)
The cetrotide injection is not that painful when u inject, but itchy after u jab. U will get use to it by the 3rd jab.

Bb_blues, it is normal. Imagine those 'grapes' growing in ur ovaries :) dun be too rough on ur body, walk gently.

tsf, are u in the single bedder? I rem leaving ard 4-5pm that day. Max my stay there to relax.

Kopibaby, I agree with Cheeka, quite xian to keep postponing, but it is better for u to be in a relaxed state when U start IvF, finish what u need to do first maybe. But must set a timeline as to when to cut off, else baby plan will always be pushed back.
I have not decided... Need to go do acu after ER. Cos my tcm only work alternate days.... How much rest is needed after ER?

Tsf, actually it depends on ur body. U can go after the dr come by to check that u r well before they discharge u. U want to check if ur tcm wants to acu u after ER? I didn't go for acu post ER, I went the day after. Cos u can feel some pain and prob just want to go home to rest.

Miric, after u finished your Nor-E, your af may come anytime soon. After your af cleared, it's good to do acu at least twice per week until after ET.

Orange trigger- wish you a sucess for your ET this sat :)

Bb blues- I boil cordycep soup every week. Eat RJ, folic acid and 2egg white every day. actually what is immunocal? Should I take this too?

Cheeka- don't worry your follicles will definitely grow. Say a prayer and talk to your follicles, this is what I do lol :)

Thanks sisters for your blessing. Will update everyone on Fri afternoon.

Hopemiracle - So happy to hear this good news. We may able to meet at the waiting sofa before our ET. I have started my crinone gel on Tue.

Cheeka - Relax yourself and eat more healthy foods. Your follicles will grow bigger each day. Have faith on them. Good luck, dear.

Mustard Seed, your cordydep soup must be very nourishing. Immunocal is a protein supplement. Think you can just continue your egg whites first since your growth is good. Some ladies drink immunocal after ER to prevent OHSS if the no. of eggs retrieved is alot.

HopeMiracle and Orange Tigger, All the Best for upcoming ET.

Mustard seed, Numbers are good. Be positive.

Bb_blues, tsf, Wishing you all the best for upcoming ER

Kopibaby, I was also in your shoes where my duty travel clashed with IUI. Has to plan for the cycle very carefully. Took medicine to induce af and was scared to travel as wanted to make it home by day 12. Stressful.

Back