Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Gigi we bought the vitamin from nature's farm shop u can google it and find the location of the shop. I like the ingredients as it consist all the vitamin that my dh need instead of only taking coq10.
As for tcm, I am with makuang but I think you can ask this type of pill from your tcm too.

Morning ladies,

Cheeka, one step closer to your goal! What jab and dosage did prof order? How long you need to spend at NUH today?

I started to feel AF-like cramps yesterday. 2 more days of Nor-e!

Hello girls
Thanks straw great
Bbblues my Last day Of nor e is tomorrow no af cramps but we are cycling buddies!

Dear all, today is my 12 days past ET... Got spotting on today and this coming Thursday is my blood test ....

If implanation bleeding, it occurred too late on day 12 after ET, is it??

Feeling upset and scared to buy a hpt to test for result ... :(

gigi, yes, we are cycle buddies. Just one day apart. :)

Duffy_bear, no red means got hope. Don't do hpt, hpt is evil. Just wait till your BT. Stay positive. Jiayou!

Hope: I'm trying to remain positive ... Transferred 2 embryos and hoping at least 1 embryo survive ...

Bb: I tested but negative ... But I will try to be positive till my blood test on this Thursday ...

Duffy_bear - dun think too much and wait for your blood test result on this Thu. The CHR nurse told me that the blood test is more accurate as we have been taking too much hormone pills. Good luck, dear....

DuffyBear: Keep your mind open, focus on other matter till the blood test result. JiaYou

Gigi & bb_blues: when is your first injection ? Think we are quite close :)

Duffy bear, hope for the best but prepared for the worst. Good Luck!

Mustard seeds, think gigi first jab is 23 Sep and mine is 24 Sep. Yours?

@duffy bear : dont give up your turn Will come you have to stick to prof wong he Will Know from this trial how your body reacts And Will adjust accordingly
@Mustard Seed monday morning i have to go at nuh for my first jab i guess if All fine!! And you ? Bbblues are you going saturday or monday?

Dear all, thanks for the encouragement ....

I will try not to think so much....

Anyone know if got embryos frozen, what the process of doing FET??

Can put in how many embryo for FET??

duffy_bear - FET is less complicated and cheaper than IVF. There are 2 types of FET - Normal FET (if you have your mense regularly every month) or Medicated FET (for irregular menses). I am currently on medicated FET and my FET cycle is as follows:-

1) Day 1 to 21 : take 1 pill of Mercilon daily but you are required to go back to CHR for a jab called decapeptyl on your buttock and it costs $385 on Day 14.
2) From Day 22 onwards, you will have to wait for your menses to come. It normally takes 3 or 5 or even 1 week.
3) Go to CHR on Day 2 when your menses come and do a blood test.
4) PC Wong will see your blood test report and give approval to take another pill called Progynova everyday and the dosage will increase every 4 days (from 2 to 4 to 6 pills per day). I am on this stage now.
5) On Day 15, you need to go to NUH for a scan and meet PC Wong.
6) The next 4 to 5 days, you will go for Embryo Transfer.
7) Given 10 to 14 days of hospitalisation leaves to rest at home.

* Heard from my TCM that some patients have forgotten to take the pill and PC Wong ask them to restart the cycle again.

If I am not wrong, it should be 2 embryo. Anyway I have only 2. :D How many embryo do you have?

duffy_bear, ~hugz~ So sorry to hear the spotting and negative HPT. Like what the ladies said, have faith okay? It could still be implantation bleeding... Prepare for the worst and hope for the best yah... try not to think too much okay? Hugz!

Mustard, I will also see Prof on Saturday. Maybe we will bump into each other!

Hopemiracle & bb_blues, thanks for your encouragement!!! :) Yah, finally started the jabs. I think I should start drinking immunocal tonight... scared of ohss. Also started my longan red date wolfberry tea. My gonal-f dosage is the lowest 112.5 cos it's my first time. I reached CHR at 8 am this morning, then after transvaginal scan (which shows no cysts), I was asked to go to CHR to collect the jab. Today is my second day of menses btw. The nurse at CHR also explained to us on how to do the jab ourselves. DH has to eat antibiotics and went to pharmacy to buy. I think I finished the whole process by 9 am.

bb_blues, the scan is at woman's clinic. But the collection of medication is at CHR. They also changed my appointment card from blue to green.

Gigi, yes, it was PC Wong who scanned. I don't quite understand your question on how many follies I had to start with. :oops: Today is my 2nd day of menses, so basically I had zero follicles in either ovaries.

@cheeka you have follicules in your ovaries from day 1! They grow one mature turn into an egg day 14 before your next menses you ovulate (means That egg leaves your ovary travels into your tube And might implant into your lining 8-10 days later) your hcg starts rising And youre preggie or not
On an ivf process most follicules Will grow to the 18mm size then they décide to stop this growth to collect your eggs
Follies are here every cycle from the scratch (day1)

Orange: wow ....didn't know got 2 types of FET... I tot just transfer the embryo back and no injection or scanning or medicine is needed.... I got 4 frozen embryos ...

Hmmm.... Such a complicated process for doing FET too... Haiz... But I still wait till this Thursday for my blood test .... Keeping my finger cross !!!

Tsf0205:I'm mentally prepared cos during the ivf seminar, I remember the chart show tat 1 out of 3 who doing ivf will BFP....

But I console myself that at least I can do a FET and not gg thru a fresh cycle soooo soon if this round fail...

Sorry, i got a question to ask... My embryos was frozen after day 5 of retrieval... Does it mean all 4 embryos will survive and can be transferred back to me???

Wishing all ladies starting their jabs the very best of luck! For me it is still a waiting game. Waiting for AF to start so that I can call CHR to get the date to start nor-e. Actual ER and ET will prob be in Nov. Hoping Prof will be around!

Will also be attending the IVF talk at NUH this Saturday. I think most sisters here have already attended it.

Duffy_bear - my embryo was frozen after day 5 of retrieval too. :) All embryo will survive and keep for your future transfer. The charge is $600 for a year but u have to monitor the expiry date as NUH will not notify u.

Tsf0205:I'm mentally prepared cos during the ivf seminar, I remember the chart show tat 1 out of 3 who doing ivf will BFP....

But I console myself that at least I can do a FET and not gg thru a fresh cycle soooo soon if this round fail...

Sorry, i got a question to ask... My embryos was frozen after day 5 of retrieval... Does it mean all 4 embryos will survive and can be transferred back to me???
Btw, why did u start Ivf? For me becos DH troops got problem and I have bilateral hydro. Prof already warned me abt the lower chance of success as compared to others...thus I'm trying to feel neutral, but still praying hard that miracles will happen.... Hope it happens to u !

@ tsf sorry do you mind if i ask but what is hydro?
and remember my hb has 1% normal morpho only and i ve been pregnant at least 3 times (2 miscarriages ok but not because of hubby sperm) and we suspect one chemical one - me i have poor egg quantity + we suspect i have bad quality thats my problem :( but we ll know more with this 1st ivf
good luck to all gals

Ok cycle recap
Cheeka start today
mustard seed start on saturday
i start on monday
bbblues start on tuesday!

Ladies, our starts date is really close to each other. Glad that we can share our experience together.
What kind of food we should start eating and avoid during the jab period?

Tsf0205, when is you next review with PC Wong? how frequent do you go back to scan?

Cheeka, Pray that your follicles will grow in size and numbers each day :) my appointment on sat is 8 am? How about you? I am going somewhere right after seeing Prof Wong, heard the medication need to be refrigerate?

Gd morning ladies..

Nervous_babe, yup raffles is so ex when compared to dr zou amk. But i hate the waiting time at dr zou. Travelling there is also another issue as its not along the way especially after work & back home. U have not tried acu under dr zhao yet ever since shes injured? Dr zhao will acu more points. More than dr ou & dr zhou. I also just signed for another package. Used up my last one liao. But no choice, as i dun like to wait after a long day at work..decided to change to dr zhao.

Duffy_bear, dun give up. Remain positive k. Have faith alrite..

@ tsf sorry do you mind if i ask but what is hydro?
and remember my hb has 1% normal morpho only and i ve been pregnant at least 3 times (2 miscarriages ok but not because of hubby sperm) and we suspect one chemical one - me i have poor egg quantity + we suspect i have bad quality thats my problem :( but we ll know more with this 1st ivf
good luck to all gals

Hi Gigi 31,
http://www.ivf1.com/hydrosalpinx-infertility-IVF/

Btw, wat time does the women's clinic open? It's 7.15 now and it's not open.

Morning ladies !
@nervous babe you have the trigger Shot And exactly 36 hours later the ER they Will tell you All
@tsf i heard 7.45 but girls Will confirm - thanks for the info you still have a chance So no worry ok?

Gigi

Hw abt the last jab from your trigger shot? Eg if last jab is tonight trigger shot could be few hours apart or days apart?
Is there any days we are free from jabs before trigger shot?

Syrian

I will try dr zhao today. Did she poke ur chest area? Either you or bb blues did mention that point is a killer? Haha

Morning ladies!

Nervous_babe, yes, Dr Zhao usually poke your chest area. Don't worry, is not painful and quite comfortable.

Jus did my 2nd scan... 7 left, 6 right. Size 8-12mm... Prof days right side hard to reach... Disappointed by the numbers...

Good morning everyone....

Duffy, theoritically, all 4 embryos will be available for you to transfer for your FET. However, I heard that some may not survive the thawing process. So have to be prepared yah.....

Mustard, mine too at 8 am. I think they will serve whoever that comes first. Yes, medication needs to be refrigerated. They will provide you a carrier with cooling ice inside. You may request for bigger ice so that it can cool longer if you are not going home after that.

Tsf, why is prof disappointed? I tot 13 is a good number after one week of injections?

Good morning everyone....

Duffy, theoritically, all 4 embryos will be available for you to transfer for your FET. However, I heard that some may not survive the thawing process. So have to be prepared yah.....

Mustard, mine too at 8 am. I think they will serve whoever that comes first. Yes, medication needs to be refrigerated. They will provide you a carrier with cooling ice inside. You may request for bigger ice so that it can cool longer if you are not going home after that.

Tsf, why is prof disappointed? I tot 13 is a good number after one week of injections?
Hi Cheeka,
Not prof disappointed, its me. Cos right side harder to retrieve he says. Now waiting for the right side to grow more, becomes heavier and more reachable. Otherwise only left side only

tsf, have faith in prof okay? He's quite professional and skillful. Dont worry... :) Yest, he also said that my left ovary is slightly further. We'll see how it goes. Jia you!!!

Duffy, how is your spotting? Is it still there? Did you call CHR? Maybe need to give you more hormone support?

Dear all, thanks for the concerns.... My spotting stopped so I didn't call CHR for more advise....

Btw, my blood test is tml and what happen next???

I go back home to wait for the call???

Cos my last post ET check up, I remembered the nurse say if my blood test is positive, I need to go for support jabbings.... But of course, if negative, I think my next appointment to see doc is to discuss what is the next step ....

I stay in north area, so I wonder if I shld go bk home or go shop shop till they call me???

Hello ladies - just wanted to stop by to say hi and good luck to all sisters going through ET and FET this month. :)

Duffy - If positive they will call you before noon so that you can go back and see prof. If not, they will call you about 2plus then they will give you a follow up appointment a week later - which is what happened to me. Good luck dear :)

CMR, I not under prof Wong but any doc tat is on duty cos I was referred by clinic G...

Oic, then maybe I just go walk walk or wait in the CHR clinic for my blood test result...

Actually frankly speaking, the 2WW is v stressful ....I keep thinking this and tat... Haiz....

Only good thing is I can sleep more and watch tv at home .... Hahahahaaa :)

Hi all, may I know how many days of mc given after ER? Is it calendar days or working days? I need to plan for my work. Thanks!

Cheeka, I was given 19 days hospitilisation leave starting from date of egg retrieval ....

But is calendar days or working days, I dunno... Maybe u gotta check with ur company policy ???

duffy_bear : During my previous IVF, I have waited for my result at NUH and it takes 1 hour plus before my blood report was delivered by CHR nurse to PC Wong. Good luck & bless w lots of bb dust tomorrow :D

Orange: I'm nervous and worry tonight cannot sleep...

I thinking to reach CHR by 8am but blood test will only be out earliest by early noon ba...

I oso hope I got bb dust to spread to all ivf buddies here!!! Jia you !!!

Back