Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

I remembered that remember rainbow mentioned need to have 3 cycles of menses after a fresh cycle before start FET. So I reckon that's the reason they gave me appt in July? Anyway I also needed time to recover from the heartache and pick up the pieces after the BFN.. So I just take whatever date they gave me :(

Any appt or consultation before ivf starts is subjected to doc's available slots...after ivf starts,then is based on scanning results to decide when is the next...u can try calling in to check if anyone cancelled their appt then they can slot u in...but if u r nursing ur emotions...then is good to wait a while perhaps...but hold on tightly to ur appt....this was wat nurse advised me when i called in early may...

I wanted to get Anmum too but ntuc dun have leh. Been to a few outlets.

So, took Anlene instead. Still got half pack to go....
If you stay in the west, can go to Jurong Point NTUC extra.. The one upstairs.. Got many many boxes

The NTUC at basement doesn't have hor

I started drinking that after the recommendation here also :) I like it a lot! Both flavours!

I'm doing tcm acu...I can't b sure how much it can help...but after 1.5mths...I started getting normal flow for jus 3 days instead of ugly spotting for 7-8days for Af or bleeding...

Btw, @twinkletot, I like the term "witch" for Af...Hehe...suddenly I felt like I'm snow white,ariel(I changed it from Elsa/Anna to snow white/Ariel, my era princesses)
Eh I think we really have the exact spotting problem.. Only diff is my duration longer.. My period 7 days and spotting can go up to 3 weeks, stopped only cos I took progesterone tablets

And Tcm helped me back then when it was at its worst.. Med plus acu.. But too tiring to keep going twice a week, I stopped after two years of seeing her.. Then one year later things went haywire again

If you stay in the west, can go to Jurong Point NTUC extra.. The one upstairs.. Got many many boxes

I started drinking that after the recommendation here also :) I like it a lot! Both flavours!

Oh.... must go the "extra" mile arh? I tried the normal ntuc only.

I will go look see look see tmr.

Thanks, @veraine.

Eh I think we really have the exact spotting problem.. Only diff is my duration longer.. My period 7 days and spotting can go up to 3 weeks, stopped only cos I took progesterone tablets

And Tcm helped me back then when it was at its worst.. Med plus acu.. But too tiring to keep going twice a week, I stopped after two years of seeing her.. Then one year later things went haywire again

When I took Mercilion for the medicated FET, I also spot every day until I stop taking. Is it normal?

Can't be me lah..
I only had one natural cycle AF after my failed fresh. Then I started Mercilon liao.
Haha I also rem got a lady mentioned here 3 af before fet... my fren was recommended 2 af before fet... logic is to flush out the stim meds... but if doing medicated I think no need bah more for natural cycles

Must take note that Anmum milk cannot be made more than 40degC hor.. Nutrients will be destroyed!
My colleague blur blur drank it boiling hot for her previous pregnancy, what a waste!

Must take note that Anmum milk cannot be made more than 40degC hor.. Nutrients will be destroyed!
My colleague blur blur drank it boiling hot for her previous pregnancy, what a waste!

Think I am the blur queen in this thread. I also poured boiling hot water to make my ensure milk drink everytime haha. :oops:

Last edited:
Not beside lah.... beside you is your hubby leh.

You were in black doll dress; and took blood before me. And, I think you tell the reception "see u later" after drawing blood.

I guess it's you based on a "melon" quote.
:p:D
Aiseh, you noticed my melons.. It's really very 痛 and humongous. Each time I took of the bra I tell you I er..aaaahhh !! they better be good to produce milk next time, big doesn't mean got milk u know..

I wear dress cos easy to 脱掉脱掉脱 for pee la, for injection la, for scan la

I say see them later so that I hope it was a bfp hehe assumption closure

Now over to you, 加油加油加

Aiseh, you noticed my melons.. It's really very 痛 and humongous. Each time I took of the bra I tell you I er..aaaahhh !! they better be good to produce milk next time, big doesn't mean got milk u know..

Now over to you, 加油加油加

Hahaha. I bet you are a very humourous lady in real life too!

Last edited:

I also can't find in Ntuc...so I drinking HL still...I go get fast...add on to get more varieties...

Now over to you, 加油加油加

Thanks, @queby77 .

When the nurse ask me "going home?" after drawing blood, I replied "Yay." :(

I will 努力加油的!

It's been a long journey for me - from keeping my BMI in check (thru exercise; lost 4kg), to meals packed with veggies and fish, to 2 servings of fruits per day, to TCM.

I will charge on with courage and determination!

姐姐妹妹们, 我们加油哦! :)

Now over to you, 加油加油加

Can't stop laughing at ur...Aiseh,u noticed my melons...lolz

Think I am the blur queen in this thread. I also poured boiling hot water to make my ensure milk drink everytime haha. :oops:

Ah gosh...I used warm water..din go gauge the temp...sometimes hotter,sometimes lukewarm...so gua gua...sometimes nutrients gone liao...I going to try Anmum as per recommended by remembeRainbow...Coz I got sick of Ensure...try try another one to reduce the phobia...

Ya leh...our cases almost exact match...so we shld focus not to get over stim...go slow n steady..coz over stim was my killer last round...

Okay if I come here and sprinkle too?
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

And I must say, acupuncture I feel is good.
Help in blood circulation and body to relax too

I had one session aft ER, before ET
And 3 session aft ET

I went to Dr Zou for acupuncture.

Helps to bring more circulation to womb area to help in implantation too...

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

And 3 session aft ET

Thanks for the lovely baby dusts. All the best for your first trimester! :)

All the BFP stories give me lots of hopes.

Last edited:
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

And 3 session aft ET

Grab grab grab....n roll roll roll...roll in it...:D
Fight on ya for ur 1st trimester

And almost forgot...congratz!

Last edited:
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

And 3 session aft ET

Of course ok la!! Come here more!!

Congratulations!!!!

We need to breathe in alllll the baby dust so that later we can expel baby dust too!!!

Medicated FET took longer time but its safer and roughly you will be on schedult for FET. I have lining issue last FET but still on Prof's initiate plan for FET.
One of my friend with regular menses also went for medicated FET, i think emotionally, it will not swing like natural FET.
I did shared the protocol for medicated FET before, the CHR nurse will give you a timetable for the medicated FET. You will need to wait for the menses come then start mercilon, and 7 to 8 weeks FET does not include the waiting time for menses...so it could be longer for patient like me having irregular menses.

Mercilon (3 weeks medication)
- start after AF
- Day 14, go back to CHR for scan and take a jab (decapeptyl)
- continue daily mercilon till Day 21

Expect AF to come (est 1 week)..
Waiting time is at least 3 days...my AF came on D6 after mercilon has stopped
- blood test on Day 1 to Day 3 of menses

Progynova (2 weeks medication)
- start 2 weeks progynova after blood test result, CHR nurse will consult you on the dosage

Scanning for lining (est 1 week)
- on the last day of progynova, i went back to do the 1st scan for lining
- 3 days later, go back for 2nd scan
- Prof will determine if i am ready for FET

Hence, the whole protocol is about 7 weeks to 8 weeks upon AF.

Hope this is helpful.
Wow.. Very detailed! Thanks.. Any jabs for FET?

Medicated.

Straight after failed fresh, Dr suggested natural FET but my lining is not thick enuff - kena aborted.

To "play safe", I requested for medicated in May.

My embies bank now empty. Got to start another fresh again. In the meantime, wonder how to tiow body to be more receptive...
Hi, was your menses regular that's y prof suggested natural at first for u?

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

And 3 session aft ET

Congrats! Are u a first timer ivf?

Week 7 onwards was bad. No appetite and vomited few times.
Week 8: went hospital A&e due to high fever. But since preg, doc just diagnosed me as stomach flu. Gave me anti vomiting jab and panadol only. Was there few hours. But fever didn't subside after I went back so seen another GP next day. Doc diagnosed as viral infection. Throat was swollen and given anti biotics. Then, spots started appearing on my palms and again went to a doc. Doc diagnosed as HFMD. So gosh.... I was in such bad shape.

Now after everything, I am left with terrible dry cough. Cough syrup doesn't seem to work. I feel so down and sian... Why is it so drama for me?

Even Prof wondered how I got HFMD.

I feel drained...
Get well soon and hope that you will feel better

Hi

Been reading this thread since I started my ivf journey.

Just got my bfn result yest. Felt so heartbroken...

Hope to find comfort, support, advice and buckets of bb dust here.

Jiayou, everyone. :)
So sorry to hear about it...hugssss
Never lose hope and have faith.
I have failed my cycle too and now telling myself next time will be better with 1st time experience.
Rest well and come back stronger

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

And 3 session aft ET

Congratulations!!
I will grab and roll like MonkeyChick and leave some baby dust for the rest to grab.
Thanks for dropping by anf spreading the baby dust here.
I was with Dr Zou since Feb, stopped her medicine as i have fever, now only on acupuncture.
Guess Dr Zou must be very happy for your success.
All the best and smooth pregnancy ;)

Wow.. Very detailed! Thanks.. Any jabs for FET?
Yes...one jab on butt after you have started with mercilon...on Day 14 of Mercilon, you need to go back to let CHR nurse to help you jab...
I asked the nurse if painful, she said no.....true enough not painful at all, maybe i am plus size, jab on fatty butt till no feeling :D

Thanks, @happybb2015.

You've done both IUI and IVF too?

When will you be starting your next cycle? Fresh or FET?

Jiayou, Fighting, Gambeteh! :):):)
I started IVF fresh in Jan, never go for IUI due to my age....too old to try. Prof was suggested to start IVF, we love the idea, never waste time since IUI success rate is lower.

I will visit Prof next week...hope to hear what he will tell me about my FET failure and suggest the next move...

Yay....gambateh....fighting fighting

I started IVF fresh in Jan, never go for IUI due to my age....too old to try. Prof was suggested to start IVF, we love the idea, never waste time since IUI success rate is lower.

I will visit Prof next week...hope to hear what he will tell me about my FET failure and suggest the next move...

Yay....gambateh....fighting fighting

Do you have frozen embies? My freezer is empty.... :(

Back