Premature babies support group

jas
Xavier will hit 2 kgs soon and he will be home. Glad to know that your HB will be back to share your load ....joy!

A other than tracy ops, she experienced 3 episodes of seizures (every alt day) and went through all the tests and scans, was told that the seizure could be triggered by the scar caused by the brain bleeding when she was tiny, and was put on seizure control medication for 3 yrs. Medicine Was taken off sometime early this year. Being a trachy and tube feeding baby 18mths or more, her eating skill is not good...her speech was delayed, thankfully, her speech has improved many folds, but her eating skill is still fantastic.

Bloom: yah, decay teeth, that's what I fear most for her.

dm
I let A chose her toothbrush which resulted in her having so may toothbrushes as her toys. She will promise to brush teeth at the shopping mall but will not allow us to place the toothbrush in her mouth. Headache....patient....

A's school does not have teeth brushing session...WS' school has?

WS is prettier at 36 mths, sweet smile.

girls80
I love twins! So nice!

gingal
haha, what a stress baby!

precious,
yes. after their lunch, teacher will bring all to brush teeth..initially she oso doesn't wan to brush. but slowly coax lor, now ok alrdy. maybe u can use bribe method?

dm
Is WS in half day or full day cc now? A is attending N2 (3hr) in a church kindy, not cc environment so I guess brush teeth is not in the curriculum.

May be should quit my job again to teach A all the basic needs in life...her granny won't teach her but over-pamper her most of the times. Eg. until today, she still feeds A despite me asking her to let A self-feed. She said she eats too slowly. Feed faster. Now A is very very mischevious. Bribery method also can't work liao.

jas
just noticed typo error in my email above...her eating skill is NOT so fantastic!!

precious,
yes. ws is in half day cc. so after lunch, they'll brush teeth. then bathe. i wanted to put her in full day cc, but she doesn't wan. so hubby say dun force her.

ws is oso v notti. kenna scolding dunno how many zillion times over the long weekend. we r still feeding ws ,cos she's eating v slowly.. heehee..but sometimes, she wan to feed herself. but q rare la.

maybe u can send A to cc? try kinderland la heehee near ur place oso..

<font color="119911">gingal</font>,
yup, only barber shop can help to shave cos normal salon say their shaver not sharp. hope my boy will sit still like his Jie Jie who luv cutting hair. did Jerlynn sit still when hair is shave? ai-yo... shave again gar gar leh.....

re:powder.
yeah, no choice. stubbon old folks.

re:ru yi oil.
dunno leh. mum told me since he can let air out meaning dun need to apply ru yi oil. unlike my gar,she dun farts a lot. that's why become colicky bb.

re:smile.
now, my boy smile here and there. some fake smile cos want to do away with milk. but I made sure he will finish all my ebm cos dun want to waste any. he also kind of 'hong xin' , will not drink milk when he hear sound and movement. so during milk time, need to isolate him to quite plc.

re:first pic
wow, yr gar know how to roll tongue?? got rosy cheek wor....cute man....my boy got hamburger face.

re:sec pic (stress up)
so cute....if there is some contest, u can submit this photo....so cute man...

re:doze off feeding.
hubby not helping u?? wow, pump after latching (how long u pump?) need time consuming loh...then also need to attend to bb. luckily, now, nag at my hubby then he helped. hubby and I do night shift feeding. mum helped day time shift.

agree, recently, my boy slp early at 7pm+ or 8pm so did not latch on. give bottle feeding faster.

re:neosure.
maybe feed her small amt first.

<font color="119911">kkf</font>,
dun say u are failure mummy lah.u are very brave liao. happened to click yr no#1 blog....so touching and when read really felt with emotion. I also admitted I also can't handle 2 kids mah...will feel frustrated then cos lack of slp. if handle 2 kids for me, I think i dun need to slp liao...working 24/7 man...same same, I also admire mummies who can handle 2 or more kids (dunno why ppls last time can do that).

oh...sian...gg bck to work...

<font color="119911">Jas</font>,
ai-yo, Mt A so far (got free shuttle bus fr novena mrt). think will go kkh to see if there is cos bringing my bb to neonatal follow up on 19/5. thls....ppls told me cheong choon at chinatown also got sell...

oh...must be missing Xavier wor when u did not see him for 3days. have yr ML ended? oh..discarding ebm heartpain man..even drops of ebm left in his bottle durign feeding, i also will not waste and make sure my boy drink it(squeeze teats to pump the drops to his mouth).

re:twins
yup, as long as bb are healthy and full term, that's the best....yeah, agreed salute to KKF...3 preggies also preterm....bravo man...

re:teats.
yup, pigeon wide neck teat fit avent bottles but not vice versa, tried to place pigeon wide neck teat into the avent bottles but seems had hard times closing it. can close but not tight. think sure leak milk.....

<font color="119911">bloom</font>,
go clinic take the brouches and scare kate with those scary tooth decay photo loh. haa...I gave that to tx and then will let her know if she dun brush teeth then......

my boy neonatal appt is on 19/5 (end of my mL wor... but not gg bck to work till 22/6) noon. think tx is more KPO lah, everything also want touch her and there....

<font color="119911">girl80</font>,
sweet looking wor....with big eyes....

DayC aka daec,
Congrats!! Great motivation for me cos I got a low birth weight bb too like ur 1st gal.. I really really hope I can hav a full term chubby baby soon.. like urs!! keke..

Hi Mummies,

Today is a day of joys and also set back. Danya weight is already 1430gram. Today is Danya's 2nd time on CPAP cycle. Danya achieve well on her 1/3 cycling. The eye check today is not too well. Danya has ROP level 1. Praying hard and I believe they will stop at level 1.

hey David,

Stage 1 is very mild, dun worry, most likely it will regress. Xavier has stage 1 for left eye and stage 2 for right eye, and they are regressing already...So, Danya will be fine, have faith!

girl80, wow ur twins soo pretty, envy.

gingal, haha, your gal really looks stress, and is sooo cute.

tree ice, how are you, long time never sees ur post.

yah lor, happy for lindah and dayC who have full term babies.

david, no worris rop are common among premature babies. it will stop at stage 1, your danya is a warrior.

jas, congrats on the acheivements of xavier! I am a weirdo lar, so got no choice but to go thru 3 permature labors with courage, else i wun be able to fufil my hope to have at least 2 children in my family.

Afcai, i am really a lousy mum who can't handle 2 children. right now, I am at my mum's place seeking refuge cause my elder was sick for past few days and was very very cranky, complaining of mouth pain and refused food. So with him so cranky and violet crying, can't tarhan, got to seek refuge, been here for past few days liao. ha!
plus me really has a lousy body...
sad.gif
my 3 children has to suffer due to my lousy body. Just hope they will be able to grow up well n healthy and lead blissful lives thereafter.

Dm, ur ws is very pretty, xiao mei ren leh. No double eyelids also ok, so pretty eyes already.
I like chubby babies, but not chubby children lar. I mean i want my baby to be chubby but not when he/she grows up. dash is also forever 15kg even till now when he is 3 years plus liao. he is skinny, but at least i know he is growing cause he is eating normally. I worry for violet cause she is not drinking normally...she can take ages to drink a bottle of milk and sometimes, can go without milk for 4-5hours during daytime.

I think mummies here know that i used to feel quite lousy, cause i had twice premature labors, and my elder passed away, and dash was borned very premature and with heart defect. I felt imperfections, in fact i felt myself weird and lousy. now with violet, though she is not full term, but at least 34 weekers and of good birth weight, somehow it makes me feel better and more normal...

thats why afcai and jas, part of the reason why i had the courage to go thru it again.

just brought dash to see the dunno how many times doctor today. went pasir ris baby and child clinic at elias mall cause i am at my mum's place. violet has a bit of cough garna fr dash too. lucky i brought violet to see as well. the queue was super long (Sooo many children sick too), and bec violet is a young baby so she has priority and we can jump queue. phew!

mich, u recommended me the clinic before right?

do take care and eat more "pu". like I will go market to buy black chicken and then boiled or double boiled with ginsheng. if not, drink more essence of chicken (dun think got effect on me still tired). if not, drink dom (since u not bf). ask hubby to buy....u need all the 'pu' to take care of yr darlings wor....we mummies still need to be strong, cannot afford to fall sick.

re:preterm.
since yr first 2 preggies are preterm, u still got courge to go thru (dun say u are lousy lah...really bravo for u to go thru, not easy...hope men understand how 'xin ku' woman go thru....my send preggie also suffer fr the beginning till confinement). ask me gg for no 3, I dun think ever think wor...cos I dead tired man with 2 kids plus tbf....I felt so restless man, my biggest wish is to see my kids faster grew up healthy and my wish is to have a longer slp (think if got slp contest, i'm sure win, cos once my head hit pillow, will doze off). :p:p.

hmm..can maybe u can give Dash some vitamin to boost up his immune system?

THANKS afcai. yah giving dash vitamin c, cod liver oil, colostrum etc. all no use. haha.

now trying chinese medicine.

I have been drinking chicken essence almost every morning. I drank dom too, but too heaty, and stop liao.

<font color="119911">Kkf</font>,
dun mention, better to take gd care of yrself. yr kids needed u wor.... ppls said if cough go eu ren sang to take the medicine (think bao yin wan) then cough will go away within 3 days. oh...drinking chicken essence daily also no energy...think someone must invent a strong essence of chicken for us mummies...normal essence of chicken no use to us....

maybe get some herb to 'pu' yr strength. go eu ren sang or ma kuang to tell them yr situation. then they will prescribe medicine for u....this also build up our own immune system loh. take care.....

I have given birth on 1 may 09...via Emergency C Sec as my baby already in my vagina. All my triplets are in NICU now.. really heart pain to see so many tubes on them, wanna cry everytime i see them but must hold back my tears...

<font color="119911">sam</font>,
congrats. how many week are u when u deliver? yup, really heartpain when see the bb wiht so many tubing. that's why I was being approach by the KKH medicine staff for consuling.

cheers....dun worries KKH has proffesion and caring nurse to take care of yr triplets. also u must take care of yrself too.

afcai,

Im not with KKH, im with SGH. im 26+6 when i give birth.

Can anyone tell me what are the terms when docs are saying? I dun even understand what the terms mean also... it really freaks me out.

Just joined this thread. My twins came out on 14 Apr at 30+4 at KKH.

David,
Both of my twins were in NICU too at KKH, now 1 transferred to Special Care Nursery and the other in NICU step down unit. I may have bumped into you then.

Sam
I also don't understand so i wrote down and came back home to do some research on the terms they used. Actually, this thread has many helpful info that we can pick up as well. Don't worry, the babies are in good hands. Stay positive.

Sam
Congrat's on being a proud mummy of triplets. Your babies will do well, keep your faith and remain positive. Some medical terms may sound scary, just ask the doc. who's talking to you what it really means. Whatever it is, continue to give love to your babies and your babies will reciprocrate. LOVE do wonders!

Kath
Wow, another proud mummy of twins...your babies with bigger gestation will do well and will be home soon.

Wow, two mummies with 5 babies....so fortunate, must be GOD's blessing.....

Hi Mummy Sam,

Congrats. Here is your new job scope.

1)Eat Well
2)Sleep Well
3)Think Positive.
4)Express Your Milk.
5)BE THE BEST CHEERLEADER TO YOUR TRIPLETS.

Still remember what I have said in the past, SPEAK THE WORDS OF LIFE. Our little warriors are smart and strong. They will feel your positive emotion.

26+6 means 26 weeks and 6 days when your triplets are born. Remember, give them their name fast. Give them their identities. Don't call them babies, call them by their names.

Hi ladies and gentleman,
Sorry, had not update for many days cos am so busy with my 2 gals. I feel so miserable cos i'm so tired everyday. Cos the gals take turns to wake up for milk at nite. And sometimes just when i thot i can sleep for 1-2hrs, 1 of the gals would start to get cranky and cry, then the other one would start oso, omg! So worried that i'll get a breakdown....But of cos most time its fun to see them and their behaviour.

Hi YenT,
The bleeding had stopped already. Now so busy with routine that i can oni latch her abt once a day oni, so sad....sometimes when she's hungry, she will turn towards the breast and wants to suck, but by then i had either prepared the milk or just pump. Feels very guilty sometimes...
Thanks for the tips on removing from breast, i had since learnt that too.

Hi xbliss,
The 1st few times i latch her, she seems satisfied cos after that can sleep well. But there's 1 nite i was so tired but she kept latching on 3 times in 1.5hrs and still does not seems satisfied, kept crying, so eventually i gave her formula. Would they still want BM straight after bottle?
Ya, she started on bottle-feed when she was in SCN, so its not so easy for her to latch. Sometimes i pity her, has to open her mouth so big. Her mouth got red mark after bf, poor gal.

Hi afcai,
We still need to burp after bf is it? My gal nvr burp after bf leh....
Sometimes my gals dun lke to be swaddle too, depends on their mood. The mittens are all too loose for them, so it dropped out easily too.
Yes loh, my gals would gek until their face very red when angry, aiyo...

re:bm/latch
I'm worse, started to latch 1mh plus after delivery. I pump abt 15-20mins each breast everytime.
Why did you planned to drag the timing longer?

re:labour.
I'm having fresh blood now leh, very worried...then it would clear for 2-4 days then start again...then now got no time to go see doc too. Dun tell me if keep bf then would spot/bleed so long??

re:leak milk.
I would change the bottle teats and see how it goes. Dietician suggests to ask doc to refer to speech therapist on the next appt.

re:bleeding nipple.
think she too hungry, so just grab and suck, tats why kena nipple.

re;fm.
got Similac Neosure, not every where have. We usually get from ntuc. There's oni 1 size, small can.

Hi Jas,
Thank you
happy.gif
ya man, its really not easy taking care of them, esp when they take turns to cry, practically whole nite can't sleep...no need to envy, cos everything has their pros and cons...haha, no harm thinking abt it, who knows it may comes true
happy.gif

So far Channah is able to latch and oso drink from bottle at the same time.

Hi gingal,
Yup, had been supplementing with FM since day 1, cos i dun have enough ebm for both gals. Now its already 2wks plus and Charlot is still leaking...i got no time to go and buy new bottle and teats for her, poor gal. You know of any other brand that i can try?
Channah is ok with Avent, i wana let Charlot try, but at the same time worried abt mixing up their teats cos was told they cannot share.
Yes, we ask the maid to clean the rooms daily.
Its good to be able to stay home to take care of ur baby if you can afford it, so tahan loh...my shoulder oso aching like mad and my wrist oso pain cos cary the gals for feeding too much.

Oh, Cradle cap need so long to go off ar...
Dun worry abt her sleep pattern, i think they would change as they grow older, I think as long as they dun look labile can already.

Jerlynn is so cute! BTW, where did you shave her hair? Can recommend?

Hi David,
So glad to hear that Danya is doing well, she looks cute holding her pacifier
happy.gif

Hi Sam,
How are you doing? Wat are ur babies' weight? Have faith that they would grow healthy, they are strong babies.

hmm...no offence loh, seldom ppls go SGH to deliver loh. hmm..why not ask the doc for explanation?

<font color="119911">Kath</font>,
congrats for the twins (oops twins again. i mean most mummies here got twins).

hmm what do u mean by NICU step down unit? any difference betwen normal NICU?

<font color="119911">David</font>,
nice saying wor...u indeed a gd hubby cum daddy loh...doing lot of research, sharing etc...cheers.

thks for explaining what is 26+6 cos I'm abt to ask sam wor....tot it is 32 wks mah.

<font color="119911">Maykel</font>,
hmm sure busy wor...twins leh....

re:burp.
my boy will latch out and think need burp. so pat pat him and he burp loud loh. unlike last time, my no#1, dun need to burp if I latch on.

re:latch.
me also latch on 1mth after delivery cos bb in hospital. if i have a choice, I surely won't drag pump longer cos cannot pump so often during office hr. these 2 days have been pumping 6hrly...soemtimes milk flow ranges fr 160ml - 215ml. sian 5hr also pump 160ml...think y'day I lacked of slp that's why milk flow decrease. so today, i took a 1hr+ nap and guess what within 3hrly I can pump 160ml wor...(pump at 0130pm then will pump again at 0440pm cos after 7pm will be busy attending to my kids cos by then next pump will be 9-1030pm).

so long still got fresh blood. me got brown spotting.... shd not be loh...is yr fresh blood a lot type or spotting??

re:leak milk
why need to refer to speech therapist?

re:bleeding nipple
just take care, pain pauin at nipple not gd loh...

re:fm.
small tin better but is it much ex than normal similac infant one?

re:shave hair.
recommend to shave at barber shop. cos I did ask salon if they got do shaving service for bb. they said shaver not sharp and they dun do that. last time, I brought my no#1 to barber shop opp my hse to shave. so will be gg there end of the mth to shave my boy. the biggest hope is hope he can stay still. my gar (at 4mth) very guai sit still to let barber (malay) shave and even smile.

Afcai-
NICU step down unit is in between NICU and Special Care Nursery(SCN). The younger twin(Wayn) has gut problems and under observation but not so serious as to warrant a cot space in NICU. He is however not like his older twin(Hayn) who is just waiting for weight gain before he can be discharged from SCN.

Envy you ladies who can pump so much. I am expressing out every 3 hrs and only managed 30-40ml. Despite all massaging and medication some more(lactation nurse prescibed Doridome). Maybe I shd start on Fenugreek??? How to feed 2 with such miserable qty?

Hi Kath,

Don't be too pressured. It happen to my wife at the initial stage.

I overdrive her with lot of water, milk, cheese, papaya with fish head soup. Ultimately, I try to hypnotise her to relax (HA HA).

wow cool! congrats sam on delivering your triplets! and kath for delivering twins!

so many twins and triplets around nowadays! wowow!!! envy. hee.

sam, dun worry, your triplets will do well!

afcai, just went to buy some vitamin C that can boost immune system as well as energy. took before during pregnancy, taking now again, hopefully it helps.

Jiayou! all the babies in NICU/SCN!

Just went to see my babies today, my eldest lost quite some weight from birth, down from 970g to 835g yesterday n today is 850g. My the other 2 both also lost weight from 770g to 735g. They are all still not on feeding as they are not ready. Now only on Nutrition Drip thats all. Today is a special day for my DH n me cause its the 1st time we touch our triplets.. It really felt so amazing nuttin can be describe..

So far my eldest is on CPAP and long line. My the other 2 still need ventilator n CPAP. They are still not ready for long line, 1 of them skin is very fragile.. can i know if its normal?

My no. 2 need blood transfusion today as need more red blood cells to carry the oxygen.

My youngest had a blood coagulation for him as his blood cannot clot.. hope todays result shows his blood can clot.

Hi afcai,
my gal sometimes nvr burp leh, esp when bf...

wow, ur ebm amt quite good leh, me still around 60mls oni even when i pump 3hrly, hiaz...

mine is relly fresh blood leh...

re:leak milk
need to refer Charlot to speech therapist cos worried she may have muscle or swallowing problem bah. Its oso known as feeding clinic to make sure that the baby can feed well.

re:fm.
yup, i think its more exp, cos its $18.60 per tin.

oh, go normal barber can liao ar? I thot must find pple skilled in shaving babies heehee...so can shave at corrected age 4mths or 4mths from delivery? I worry my gals won't stay stil leh, esp Channah.

Hi Kath,
Congrats to you. Wat are ur boys' weight on delivery? I delivered my gals at 31wks on 3rd march and they had since been discharge from hospital
happy.gif

Hope ur boys would get better and can go bk soon. So who's helping you to take care when you go bk to work?
My ebm was oso little to start with, til now still abt 60mls oni, furthermore, i dun have the time to pump every 3hrs now, cos so busy with the 2 gals at home. I was oso on 1 course of domperidone, now stop already. But i'm still taking fenugreek from gnc. I've even tried papaya with fish soup etc, seems to work for many pple, but not for me. Dun feel miserable, initially i oso feel very inadequate and stressed, but then come to think of it, i had done watever i could, so as long as you tried ur best can already. Bo bian, cos i oso have to alt their feeds with formula.

Hi Sam,
Usually babies would lose weight during the 1st 2wks as they are getting used to being outside the womb. Yes, it is indeed very touching to touch or hold them for the 1st time....
My younger twin was born 1kg. Her skin was oso darker adn seems thinner as compared to her elder sister. So it is normal, when they grow bigger with more fats, their skin would look as good as other babies. My gal's skin started to look better after abt 1mth.
It is oso usual for them to undergo blood transfusion, my younger gal oso had it done twice due to low Hb.

Hi ladies who had c-sect,
May i know how you trim ur tummy after delivery? Was told we can exercise after 2mths is it? Problem is i got no time to exercise! How har? I dun wana have flabby tummy next time. How abt slimming centres? My fren wana sell me her slimming pkg balance, but i was told shld do slimming after 6mths, but she did on the 3rd mth post delivery.

Sam, Kath,

Congrats on your triplets and twins. Jia you, and hope they will all be home soon.

Afcai, Bloom,

My mom got Yi Xin and Ro Xin anklets with their names on it, but we still haven't put them on yet... their ankles are still so small! Hmmm.. maybe can give Yi a left cut, and Ro a right cut
happy.gif

Maykel, Kath,

We just have to tell ourselves a little BM is good also
happy.gif
I also envy those with lots of BM - never had 160 even with my first kid either. Am taking Domperidone, Fenugreek, papaya soup, milk, and massage for my twins now, and only manage to pump slightly more (like 10-20ml more) every few days now. So far max is 140ml, but sometimes only 70ml. Find that pumping both sides together, drinking a hot drink, and putting a hot towel helps also. Haven't tried afcai's suggestion of getting more sleep yet - will try it these few days.

Maykel,

I can't decide whether its better to have one cry after another (whole night no need to sleep, esp if they also poo at night, like my gals), or to have both cry together (then all feel kan cheong and dunno who to feed first)...

But as another mummy said, it will get better over time... try and get your husband or maid to help with one or two night feeds.

Re trimming tummy: can try the post natal jamu massage with wrap to help relax and trim the tummy. I just finished my 3-day sessions, and tummy seems a bit better. The massage lady checked the incision site first before starting. She did not touch the incision area throughout, and only did light massage around it.

Sam,

Hey congrats! The weight of your babies are not bad! Considering 26 weeks plus and multiples, u indeed did a good job! For my case, my twins were 938g and 650g. Xavier, who was 650g, is now 1634g after 100 plus days and he is doing great (pls dun take mine for comparison because Xavier had a PDA problem, which slowed down his growth initially, but now the growth is fast!). If both ur babies are on CPAP, it means they have no PDA problem, which is great. For the other one on ventilator, did doc say he/she has PDA problem or...?

Btw, regarding long lines, did you ask doc, what they are for? Long lines, while essential for the baby, can be harmful if put too long (more than 2 weeks i think), it can cause infections sometimes....but u've no choice because u need them for antibiotics, TPN, etc.... Btw, like u said, their skins are fragile and their veins are hard to be found, sometimes difficult to put long lines. It is normal. My elder twin Issac went thru multiple incisions to get a line in, it was quite heartbreaking to see....but u jus have to think that this is for the good of your babies...and also console urself that they dont remember all these :p

Blood transfusion is rather normal too...so dont worry too much...

Regarding the terms, u can ask ur husband to borrow some books from the library? i got quite a few and they are very useful. That is this particular book that explains well " PREEMIES, the essential guid for parents of premature babies" by Dana Wechsler Linden...etc. U can also post ur questions here, maybe some of us can help u !

Be strong, Sam. It will be hard times, but we are all here to help u get thru this.....Be positive! ALl the best
happy.gif

Hi Jas,

My eldest Mattias, Liao er is Josiah and youngest Jeriel.

Josiah is the one with the most fragile skin and difficult to find his veins.

Mattias is on CPAP, Josiah n Jeriel still need ventilator, but the day before yesterday they heard some murmur on Jeriel, so far the duct not fully closed so they say will monitor, so far no need medication as there are side effects..

Doc mention the long lines are only for a month max, but Josiah n Jeriel still not ready yet.

Hey Sam,

Yup, if can skip medication better dun use...I believe Issac actually suffered from the side effects, thats why needed an operation from tummy...But Xavier survived 2 doses of that medicine....So i guess really depends on individual baby...

<font color="119911">kath tan</font>,
dun envy, i also got 30-40ml during the first mth. u just given birth not long ago (sitll on CL right...). till today, my bb will be 4mth on 28/4 (actual age acc to EDD is 2mth), I can pump out 120ml-195ml every 5hrly. now, gg for 5.5-6hrly cos next mid jun will be bck to work. even at 2mth, I got miserable bm only can pump up to 40-80ml every 3hrly (took 40-50mins to pump).

thks for the inform on NIUC step down unit. hmm I learnt something again wor.. think with consistant pump, bm will increase as mth goes by. of cos, I really envy Maykel and Jas for having so much bm man....one of the forum mummies also given birth in april and within 10 days, she can pump 400-500ml per pump. wow....making me envy...but she told me too much ebm also not gd cos bb dun consume much and got storage problem loh.

err..I also envy mummies who have twins. but hor...think of the crying of bb at the same time, sure will drive me crazy....:p.

hmm eat more fruits and veg with more water (of cos balance diet as well) is the natural source of vit loh.

dun worry, I also worries intially when nurse updates us that bb lost so much weight within 2 wks. doc said it is normal for bb to lose weight for the first 2 wks.

re:name.
no offence loh, just curious why eldest name is not begin with J since 2nd and third one name begin with J. hmm so yr triplets are all boys?

<font color="119911">Maykel</font>,
won't they er ni (touch woods) or make lot of noise (my boy does, lot of funny noise) if dun burp?

hmm tot yr bm super gd that time when u are on the pills. if i pump 3hrly, then I will also get 60ml mah...where got gd..miserable already....but I dun get leaking (only time leaking is let down) comparing to when I was having my no#1.

lack of slp is the cause of low supply too. sometimes, my bm high and low, if it is low, I will quickly take a power nap and it helps and milk flow will be fast (can pump 90-120ml within 3hrly man- why 3h cos my pump time is 0130pm and then pump at 0440pm so that next pump can let me ta han till 10pm cos busy attending bb)

but it depends on how much is the flow? if spotting still not bad. but if blood clot type and urine type and non-drip then not gd liao....u got any gynae if so then refer bck to him/her.

hmm..I also delivered my boy at wk 31+3 loh.

hmm..oic..tot bb is still small, why refer to speech therapist wor...maybe let Charlot take sometime. like my boy digestion not gd first 2 mths so now improving liao.

yup, normal barber shop esp open by malay one. dunno shd I shave bb at corrected age 4mths or 4mths from delivery? see his pattern of stretching etc, my boy will not sit still want.

re:low HB.
my boy just hit the normal range. so on iron drops then. is yr twins on any iron drops or multi-vit?

re:tummy
till now, 3mth+, my tummy will be like 3-4mth after meal and is bloated. sian....do sit up(but I am too tired, will doze off when head hit pillow) before slp is the only budget way.

<font color="119911">YenT</font>,
even with power nap also will help to resume the bm supply. that's what I did when supply is low.

<font color="119911">Jas</font>,
what is PDA?

Afcai,

persistent ductus arteriosus (PDA), which is a blood vessel near the heart that normally closes after birth, but which can stay open, especially in premature babies. Many times, a PDA needs to be closed, either with medications or if that doesn't work, then with surgery.

Xavier tried 2 doses of medications, didnt work, thats why at the end went for ligations surgery.

Talking about BM, seeing so many mummies stressed with the quantity, i feel really blessed, have to thank god..I normally start my morning with over 400ml since the interval is longer (i tend to sleep 6-7 hours), then subsequently every pump i get at least 200ml....hmm...but storage is really a problem....My chest freezer is full(which i bought around beginning april), and i m seriously considering to buy another one....A bit crazy right? Anyway, i actually donated some of my milk to another mummy whose baby was born on 35 weeks..if not, i really dunno what to do with these EBM...(not to show off ok, but storage is a problem..)

But one thing about me is, after me not getting stressed about my baby's problem (with Xavier getting better now), i tend to relax and the pump is more smooth...no more clots and the milk supply is steady...

SO ladies, get relaxed!!!

Xavier finally started bottlefeed yesterday, surprised me! The doc said he would need another 1-2 weeks before he could do so, but an old nurse thought that we could try, seeing him sucked so well on his pacifier...He sucked, swallowed and breathed well at the same time. I was overjoyed! What a milestoe even though it was less than 10ml!

2427177.jpg

Maykel,

I think the exercise depends on how well ur wounds heal..Last month, after 2 months, i tot i ok liao (even doc said my wound looks fine), but i went swimming and it hurts....
So, it depends on ur wound lah..
I also wan to try the massage leh, jus not sure whether can do now..I delivered more than 3 months liao.

Yent,
When did u deliver?

girl80,

I love your girls' 2nd pic...They got the "Huh what's up" look...
happy.gif
So cute...
They have very fair skin too...Pretty...

DM,

ws is so pretty too!!! So chubby chubby when she was a baby and look at her cheeks!!!...now big liao, I think just nice, she looks tall for a 3 year old...Pretty Pretty!
Jerlynn is just lucky her double eyelids are visible since birth. My younger bro who also has nice double eyelids now only started to be visible when he started schooling, we used to thought he has single eyelids...so maybe ws's dbl eyelids will show themselves soon...

afcai,

huh? i never bring Jerlynn to barber shop to shave her hair leh...I went to hair salon run by a lady who only cuts children's hair. Shaver not sharp for normal salon? I never heard off, but herad off those who gave excuses cos they don't dare shave Newborns' hair...keke..I have a couple of friends who are stylists at reputable salons, and they also don't shave for babies, as they feel it's not easy and also the parents are very particular and mostly always afriad they will hurt the babies...

Jerlynn loves to play with her tongue, don't know why this bad habit, sticking out, twisting, rolling her tongue very often, sleeping also must stick out tongue. I remember the nurses at SCN will come over to me and tell me "Oh u r the mother of this girl who loves to stick out tongue ah? So cute leh ur baby" Hahaha, dunno is to be proud of this anot...LOlzzzz...
Hmmmmm My MIL says my hubby also same habit when he was a baby, what an inheritance...!

Re: Doze off feeding

My hb helps take one or two feeds a day, but middle of the night feeds usually is me...see her drink milk like hypnotising to sleep de leh, i also dunno why...

Sam,

Congrats in being a Mummy for your triplets now!!! Don't be sad seeing the tubes and monitors on them, we have all seen them on our babies, and aren't they doing well now despites lots ups and downs? Always remember they are fighters and they will fight this through with God's love.

Losing weight:

Don't worry too much about it, all babies lose weight initial days after birth, they are sheding off the water. The nurses at NICU has re-assured me that after they shed the water, they will take on the calories better when they are being fed, then they will put on fast soon...

kath,

welsome and congrats in being Mummy to your twins too! i'm sure they will do well too!

Breastmilk:

Try your best, whatever amount you have is all precious to your girls, even if not enuff, you can supplement with FM but try don't stop giving...

Maykel,

Stay happy, don't keep thinking you are tired and feel miserable...One day, I was so tired and feeling miserable too and Jerlynn was real cranky, wanna me to carry her and walk around the house, and if i stop and sit down, she will cry. This was so unusual and I was really sleepy myself and pek chek, I shouted at her, then she stop crying and gave me a kelian " I'm sorry" face...from then on, she now gets cranky, no matter how tired, I tell myself not to feel tired and started losing it on her...They don;t erally mean to irritated us...Haha

Teats and Bottles:

My preference, Pigeon bottles and teats, cheap and good. Hope the speech therapist can recommend better on this...

Slimming:

I had natural birth, but I not dreaming of slimming down yet, now keep eating and eating to established more milk, I think that's what's important right now...Sleep also no time liao, whr got time exercise also...
But today just went OSIM, and MIL bought massage chair...she is giving me the Utrek, USurf, Isqueeze &amp; Iecologic that comes free with it...so maybe can exercise abit with the first two items... Though these things are free but I find she very good to me leh, she can actually give it to her daughter but she gave it to me...keke like it's my Mother's Day gift...
Really not thinking of slimming down but need to exercise as I feel so unhealthy with all the eating...

hair Salon:

I brought Jerlynn a hair salon at Chai Chee at blk 20+ near my MIL place, this lady boss who runs the place used to work for a Children's Salon at Parkway Parade, next to Kiddy Palace. She is very good at cutting children's hair, and she shaved Jerlynn's hair so swift and gentle that Jerlynn slept throughout the session...
This lady is recommended by My MIL who brings all her grandchildren to this lady for cuts...so Jerlynn cannot be an exception, luckily the lady is good!

I shaved Jerlynn at corrected age 1 month exactly and which is also her actual age 4th month...
happy.gif

Sleep for BM:

More sleep produces more milk, I agree...
Fishes also helps, these 2 days I tried drinking Fatty milk (not Low-Fat ones), it helps also...
happy.gif

afcai,

U saw someone who can pump 400-500ml??? WOW, wonder how hard her breasts must be when engorged!!! Kekekeke

You are so hardworing in pumping, got schedule timing too...me getting lazier, dragging and dragging longer hours...Completed 4 months of BFeeding liao and now going to 5th month...Hope I can pass the 8 month's mark as i aimed for..

Jas,

Super mummy also with so much milk! Kekeke

I also remember the doctor told me they won't start bottle-feeding for Jerlynn yet, then next moment we saw old nurse stuck a "pacifer" teat on her and say she will tell doctor Jerlynn can suck and will let her try next day...True enuff, they really are so experienced and next day, Jerlynn is happily sucking...Thank God for NUrses too!!! After tasting her milk for the first time, Jerlynn never looked back...

Isn't Xavier a darling, he must be real happy tasting the milk. What bright eyes he has!

Hi Jas,

Yes, our warrior Xavier is a grown up man. Give the man a milk("Tiger" when he reaches 18, Ha Ha). Cheers.

Hi Sam,

No worries. These are all small challenges for Mattias, Josiah &amp; Jeriel. Our babies are all pocket Hercules, nothing is impossible for them. Every procedure/medication has both pro/con. Just believe in the Doc/Nurse but nevertheless, always raise the flag when you have the slightly doubts. Blood tranfusion are norm like what some mums said. Danya had her "RED BULL" tonic 2 weeks ago. Too pale lah. Early bird babies bone marrow are not mature thus they could not produce blood products that fast.

Hi Maykel,

Are your princesses giving you and Kevin more fun? Should ask Kevin to invest on a OSIM massage chair. Diana is also having a big tummy problem. She ride MRT &amp; walk everyday to see Danya. Still the same but I assure her, even you may be the fatest woman in my life, you are still my lovely wife. Ha Ha.

Hi Mummies,

Another pic of Danya taken 2 days ago. CPAP taken off during cycling. She enjoy this freedom alot. Well, she lose some weight (15gram) yesterday. Breathing w/o CPAP does burn off more calories.

2427382.jpg

Hi Disneymickey,

Miss your threat. Your GG going to be a potential Miss Singapore leh. So pretty at 3 year old. Buy more bees repellant when she go bigger. Too bad I don't have a BB. If not, sure get him to target WS. (Ha Ha).

dm, that first pic of ws (1 month old) is so serene.. so beautiful!

precious_one, hahaha.. ialso fear for tooth decay for my gal.. :p do u wan to consider sending A to half day cc so that cc can 'train' her instead of being over pampered by grandma?

afcai..ahaha.my gal so garang... tooth decay pics wil not scare her lah.. anyway, i dont think she understand what is tooth decay... so wont be seeing u at kkh since its different days...

kkf..thanks..will make appt maybe later when the H1N1 thingy subside... :p my fren told me the effect of 1 own self double boiled kampung chix is the effect of 12 bottles of chix essence... so maybe u should switch like afcai!

sam, congrats! be brave!
happy.gif
ask the doc to explain in layman terms if u dont understand..

welcome, kath... is ur full name kathleen? cos that is my gal's name
happy.gif

david, hahaha... u r the main cheerleader in our thread :p

maykel, be strong! is anyone helping u out with the bb once in a while? if yes, when that person take over, quickly go for a nap! re slimming down.. with 2 kids, u will slim down very soon.... re massage, for me, the masseue came within the first month and do massage..and yes she avoided the c section scar.. and i do notice the tummy is slight smaller after she massage...

YenT, left cut right cut? u mean hair cut?

Jas, congrats on xaiver starting on bottlefeed!
happy.gif

David,

I told my DH about you... and my DH is learning from you a lot actually.. he is now the one who guides me and support me more now in this journey.. he has a better understanding of the terms the docs are using and also the progress of the 3 boys.. i really hope i can recuperate faster and spend more time at the hospital with them.

david &amp; gingal,
thanks 4 your compliments.
i like the pic of danya u juz posted. cute mouth
happy.gif

hope it's an encouragement to u &amp; other preemies' parents. though our little ger/boy may b soo small when born, they'll surely grow. c my ger @3mths? cheeks soo full. &amp; can't c her neck

Hi Sam,

Think positive and your body will be strong. Eat &amp; Rest Well. Have a small expectation everyday from your boys. Praise and encourage them daily. You will soon see a big difference. Patience is Golden. Faith in the mighty one is important.

Should get your DH in the forum. If not, YING SHENG YANG XUAI. HA HA.

hi mummies and daddies,

thanks for the lovely pics posted. sure brightens my days seeing all the cute premies. Xavier has such sparkly eyes, and Danya is really getting prettier and cheekier! Home coming soon for Danya eh? Keep up the good spirits David. Back home is another round of nerves cos of so many new things to learn and discover. Yes, pls get more men here!!

I am really very tired as bryan has been down with stomach flu.. vomitting and diarrhea.. i dun mean to be rude, but i think very small minority of men can actually manage. Imagine after i stayed one whole day at home to take care of a horribly cranky bryan, the hubby comes back, only to throw a tantrum and then go to sleep. So, if i count back, i spent nearly 14 hrs just managing bryan, and after that i still had to spend another 2 hours doing my work which i brought home hoping to do that night if hubby helped out with bryan. I am not so concerned about the physical tiredness, but rather mentally. Sigh... i sometimes feel like giving up and getting a maid anyway since i'm functioning like a single parent. stress stress..sorry for the ventilation..

Back