Premature babies support group

hello mummies, and daddy~!

Been wanting to post, but too many posts to catch up, always read halfway, then gave up...haha.

sam, continue to jia you! how are you now? how's ur triplets? wowowow, 3 at one go! envy! endure now, and you will be a blessed mummy with 3 kids soon.

regarding feeding...aiyo, thats the most headache for me. Violet appetite is really lousy, struggle and cries when time to drink milk. Its like drinking milk wants her life like that. I remembered dash was like that before too, can only drank milk when he was asleep...sigh, now violet! But I think violet is worse than dash.

congrats david! danya is doing great! she deserves a big kiss.

gingal and maykel, my gal also took rotavirus and puenomoccocal (dunno how to spell) too. gingal, i have the same worries! she took 3 injections (rotavirus also oral feed) at one go, me so worry, her appetite already that bad liao...so i push backwards. I mean she is due for her 2nd doses when she is 3 mths, but i push a bit back till her appetite picks up (which is dunno when).maykel, wow, you will soon be busy with your two gals.

mummylian,glad ezann is ok now. take good care.
this year, dash also keeps falling sick. he is down with cough for sooo long until i dun remember liao. sigh.

bloom, pasir ris dun have safra chalet leh. you mean aloha govt chalet? it is very old and a bit dirty but it can be quite big cause got terrace type. downtown east and costa sands are about the same. downtown east chalet is more clean, but is very small.

downtown east provides hot water outside chalets, but think for costa sands and aloha, you have to boil using their electic kettle.

btw, sam, i was counting down like you last time when i was pregnant with my gal, starting fr 23 weeks cause i delivered at 23 weeks before, so each week was an extra blessing to me. I delivered my gal on 34th weeks...i believe you can do it too!
happy.gif

very fast, you will be waiting to deliver liao.

talking about delivering, daec, have you deliver liao??

can share the good news here? lindah, if you all still remember, her son is hami borned 24 weeks, delivered a full term baby boy already!! sooo happy for her.

so mummies who wish to have another, not to worry!!! we have a number of successful cases recently.

Hi David,
Its great to hear that
happy.gif
Its very touching when you hold your baby for the 1st time ya?
Hmm....but i can't see the pics leh.

Hi gingal,
Oh is it? In that case maybe i'll just go kidslink bah. Anyway i called kk rgding vaccination pkg and it cost $450, dun know wats the usual rate outside though. But the problem is, they will allocate appt and it would not coincide with ur appt date. Anyway i find it a hassle to bring babies to kkh for vaccinations.
Ur gal so clever, knows how to spit out when you not looking haha....okie, thanks for sharing all the info
happy.gif

Ya, tat day i went out a few hrs to shop for babies' things and cut hair. Ended up i rushed thru my shopping and all 3 big bags of items are their things. Very tempted to shop for myself but no time! I like to shop online too, esp when i was crib during preg. But now i online oso rushing....
My gal oso got nappy rash last wk, but i'm not sure which diaper causes it, cos we wer using drypers and pampers at the same time. Thinking of trying Huggies too, wow, but got tat stiff til they can't close thighs ar...

Hi Ladies and gentleman,
Charlot kiv coming bk today or 2mr. Now still waiting for the nurse to call me. She can come bk today if her 2D echo is ok. Yest they took her blood test and found that her Hb only 8.1, so was given blood transfusion last nite. Poor gal, got to get poked just before coming bk...
I gotta go, wana go hospital soon.

gingal,.

did you give her grip water?
for me ah.. if we see yilin got the "gek" looking face, we quickily open her diaper , pull up her leg and ng ng for her. if u see the anus is opening, quickily apply lotion or liquid soap on it.. it will act as a lubricant to help the hard bowel to come out easier.

think by day 5 still no poo poo., better go see PD. they will insert a long tube into her anus, inject a med into the tube, pull out the tube. in awhile, she will poo liao.. remember to bring extra diaper.

yilin can also only drink while asleep.. if she is awake, we will have a hard time feeding her.. feeding time = war time ..
y now so many babies are like tat.. bully us..

wow yan u the mother! so detailed in your description of helping yilin to poo poo! heheh.. but hor, those are the times that poo poo is so precious to us! my bryan can go up to 5-6 days w/o poo poo when he was on full formula feed. But cos the poo was soft, both dietician and paed got no issues. Nowadays with semi solids, he poo better.

Don't need doc's intervention if the child can poo without pain. I had a friend who tried to do it on her own with the device bought from pharmacy where they also can "pump" the anus.. overdid and the anus bleed, in the end send to kkh.

<font color="119911">gingal</font>,
re:jab.
how much do u pay for the jab? polyclinic charges $326.xx for the 6 in 1 jab. my boy will be gg for his first dose next wk. hmm...CDA a/c, u remind me of that...will do that....

so far, I have been travelling to polyclinic for my boy jaurdice few times and his 2nd dose of Hep B. dun need to wait (except seeing doc only, max wait if 15mins if not, just go and then will be yr turn). I just scan the health book and then will be given a smaller no. the staff there told me there will be priority for bb less than 2mth. maybe my west side polyclinic here got 1 section focus on bb jab one...

re: development growth
nurse from polyclinic did tell me that better to bring our premiee bck to kkh cos theu know the best.hence, no more free assessment liao (where polyclinic offer free review and MMR jab).

re:diaper change.
hmm change diaper every feed....wow, very taxing wor....now, my bb on nappy cloth during day time, can wash up to 12 nappy change.

KKH pureen shop got offer on pureen dry 5 diaper (1 for $11, 2 for $21 and 3 for $30). now my boy is using it (he finally upgrade to s size last wk).

re:poos
hmmm...tbf bb dun poo often leh (of cos, maybe it does not apply to our premiees for the first mth blar...). so far, my boy poos every 2-3 days (of cos, big project to clear his poos cos he will poos alot). last time, my gar only poos only once a wk. when I attended the atental class 3 yr back, the LC mentioned that her grandchild ppos only 15 days later.

my boy also passed out a lot of wind man....unlike my gar last time, she got colick seldom fart.hmm maybe is it bec of her jab so no poos?? how many times do u feed her fm?

re:feeding
will Jerlynn still wake up for night feed? read the infor on website that if bb manage to slp 5 hr and above, it is considered slp thru the night liao. y'day, my boy slp thru 7hr wor...last few days, slp thru 4-5hr (last feed 9pm latch on...dun drink much).

my boy depends on his mood, sometimes will latch on but sometimes too pek chek cos milk flow not only slow but nipple so 'pong pong' or soft, he found it hard to latch it. so he will scream, gek face red red and then become angry (dun want to drink liao just close his eyes or look ard then scream again).

Do Jerlynn always want accompan? when we placed my boy on his rocker to slp, he can slp. but when we just walked away for a few mins, think he can sense and then woke up and cry liao. hai...so most time, either my mum or me needed to sit there to rock him. really a sponge (absorb our timing) man....

re:rotivirus
hmm...is it a kind of medicine being inject into mouth? hmm...when I gave iron drop(3 drops) with 10ml of water, he dunno how to drink one, will cough like ah pek.

re:neonatal checkup
do Jerlynn still need to go for blood test? last mth, my boy got blood test. next mth, still need to go thru blood test. so scary. the nurse will poke needles then squeeze the blood fr his little hand. his little hand will be very red. of cos, this boy will scream.

<font color="119911">Maykel</font>,
think most behaviour had been absorbed by my boy liao. impatient, pek chek etc....cos my this preggie not smooth thruout.....where's got mood to even smile. so now, still have not seen my boy smile. only time is smile in his slp. when we played with him, he dun really smile, only open his mouth wide and I can feel he quite content.

haa..yup, with bb back, we mummy where got time to think so much. our mind only focus on bb and moo moo. even one need to go out also must think hard cos bringing a bb out is no joke....like moving hse...got lot of barang thing to carry. for me, I have been confine at hm except gg out to makan only. thinking of gg out and rushing bck to moo moo a bit rush wor...think will need to wait for 1 yr then will have much freedom. will be tied down by bf task loh.

re:feeding.
ask other to help to feed loh. but occasionally, can latch bb. I only latch my boy after 8pm cos want to watch tv mah....my boy depends on his mood, sometimes will latch on but sometimes too pek chek cos milk flow not only slow but nipple so 'pong pong' or soft, he found it hard to latch it. so he will scream, gek face red red and then become angry (dun want to drink liao just close his eyes or look ard then scream again).

re:caregiver.
maybe u want to engage a nanny or send to infant ctr? sure u need another helper to help u cos u got twins wor...

re:dryers.
think KKH got offers on NB dryers. usually price for NB dryers is $7.80 (28 pcs). KKH sells 2 pck for $14.20.

re;jab.
if one is kkh patient, there will be discount for the jab. some private Gp charges $320- $420.

<font color="119911">David</font>,
gd to hear that Danya is progressing well. cheers....keep it up and may god bless.

by the way, what is CPAP?

<font color="119911">Kkf</font>,
hmm..i only realise that violet is older by my boy 10 days only wor...thks for being a gd supports of his blog.:p.

as long as Violet grew well, appetite small is ok right....maybe u want to give her small amt of milk but more feed. maybe u want to ask the doc to give some prescription to boose up her milk feed. i remember one forum mummies did give her child something so that the kid appeite will increase.

I did not even give my no#1 any jab except the standard jab.

re:labour.
do Dash also a premiees too?
delivered at 23 wk, so scary wor....

<font color="119911">Yan</font>,
slp can drink milk one meh?? she still can swallow in? my boy can't. if he is half slp, if one just pump the milk into his mout (force feed), he will not swallow. then when he woke up, all the milk will merlion out. so we usually will snap/tickle him to wake up.

hi all,

Too many posts to catch up...

Anyway, Xavier is 1334g now! He is growing well, and his ROP is regressing!!! Doc said they will try to cycle his CPAP soon, cant wait to see him get off the prongs soon, he really hate them :p

I am patiently waiting for the day when i can latch him on.......3 months of pumping milk, really looking forward to the REAL JOB!!! hahaa....

hope everyone and your babies are doing well, lets jiayou together
happy.gif

Hi all,

Posting rolling very fast. Couldn't catch up as I am out of town on business trip. Misses my princess and queen so much.

Hi Xbliss, Gingal &amp; Yan,

Danya indeed enjoy her freedom without CPAP. Yesterday, Danya is on 2 hourly cycling. Once back on CPAP, she really show her color. No choice, the nurse has to give in and take out her CPAP earlier during the following cycle. Doc planning to send Danya to SCN when her breathing is stable. Her weight is still maintaining at 1.1kg due to the STOMA which she has a shorter intestine to absorb the goodies. Her feed increase to 16ml/2hr. Doc will focus on getting her weight up once her breathing is stable.

Hi Afcai,

CPAP (Continous Positive Airway Pressure). The machine with 2 prongs sticking into Danya nostril.

Hi Jas,

Our champion Xavier is coming home soon. JIA YOU. Better get your arm and back muscle train up. HA HA.

david ..ahaha..my gal too..small size but big feet :p danya got high forehead too..will be a very smart gal
happy.gif

hatemenot, jia you!

afcai, i supposed tx and no 2 are not their only grandchildren? anyway its good that they are not too interested, else they will wan u to do things their way...which is headache..

mummylian, did doc say why ezann keep having fever?

maykel, actually good to be hands on on ur gals too... i duno..i just find it funi why some pp just gave birth then throw to mom/MIL... like factory.. :p must think abit cos i think infantcare got limited seats... congrats on charlot coming back!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

kkf, i am referring to downtown east chalet..there have 2 units for safra members there... how small is it? can squeeze in sleeping bag on the floor? is the hot water clean enuf for our tods ? :p got extra socket there to charge battery ? :p i was chatting with daec yest.. 39 weeks but have not given birth yet...

xbliss..

ha.. most of the time is my mum and my maid helping her to poo, not me.. haa.. think my maid know yilin better than me. cos i m working..

for yilin, 1 day no poo only, her stool can be hard already.. and her anus will tear when she poo the hard stool out.. so bo bian lor, 4-5days no poo, i will have to bring her to PD. i dare not get those from pharmacy leh.. those tat PD are using is different. i think it is more gentle.. the tube is very long and thin.. no pain.. but cos me $50 for each visit.. hard pain. oh ya.. the PD said can give lactolos( i dunno the spelling). can get it from pharmacy. it can help bowel movement. if she din poo for about 2 days, can start to give.

afcai,

huh? i tot drink while sleeping is very common for babies? actually ah.. i also find it very amazing, how they did it.. drink, breathe and sleep at the same time.. of cos there will be time tat she get too tired to suck and just stop.

just like this morning.. she really bully me leh.. 6:10am make noise and woke up. 6:20am give her milk but she refused to drink.. put her on my bed la.. carry her around la.. dun drink means dun drink.. then bo bian lor, i sling her to make her sleep 1st.. at about almost 7am after she fell asleep, i gave her milk, then she start drink.. left about 10ml, sleep like a pig liao.. stop all mouth movement no matter how i disturb her.. hmm.... very jialut leh.. make me not enough sleep..

Im back in hospital again immediate admission after my scanning so only 2days holiday at home.. sad.. I dilated again 3cm.. I may go into labour and pop anytime soon as the babies are getting bigger n heavier now as told by the docs ..i really hope not now... please another few more weeks..

Yeah!!! Jerlynn Poo Poo liao ytd after I type the post...
So much Poo Poo that it filled up the whole diaper!!!
Such A relieve! Phew...

KKF,

So long nvr see u post liao, must be real busy with Violet...How is she doing? Gaining good weight?

Maykel,

Jerlynn also has Blood Transfusion done for 2 days before her discharge, then they monitored one day and discharged her the next day...
Yah heartpain to see her during the blood transfusion, especially when she very "Gao Wei" not able to move her little hand and arm...
Waiting for your good news on Charlot's coming home...

Yan,

Yupz, gave Jerlynn Gripe water too...now dunno what helped her in Poo Poo...did too many things at one go for her...
Hope this constipation thing won't happen again...

The med u said the doctor will insert might be enema? hmmm... I got thinking of using enema on her when she can't Poo poo, dunno safe anot...

Feeding:

Jerlynn also starting to "Hong Sim" and can't finish milk continuously like before liao...Taking longer to finish her milk...
sad.gif

xbliss,

It's normal anot ah with 5/6 days without Poo? Me dunno when then need go to doctor if no Poo...

The device your fren bought to insert should be enema bah...Overdid and anus bleed so scary...I think I better not use...

afcai,

I can't rembr if the Jab Jerlynn taken is 6 in 1 or 5 in 1...I paid $150++ for it...I told the doctor I opting for 6 in 1, then when she go through the Jabs schedule, she mentioned sunno take 5 in 1 1st then 6 in 1 or Vice Versa...
Ask u ah, is 5-in-1 and 6-in-1 Jabs sepearate? Or if Opt for 6-in-1 means no need take 5-in-1??? I need check the invoice or see the health booklet and see what Jerlynn took...Be back on this next post..

I bought Pureen Premium sample pack (pack of 10) from kkh to try...Quality not that good and not very absorbent..but soft...

I feed Jerlynn about 2 or 3 FM out of the 8 or 9 feeds of milk a day...Not alot and I don't think is the FM that caused it, definitely not the Jabs also cos the Jabs were taken so long ago liao...
Might be the iron drops that caused it as Doc asked us to increase to 4 drops a day now since Friday, then since then she can't Poo poo...now I just don't care and give her 3 drops a day and see how in another 2 days time.

Night Feeding:

I don't know what is consider night leh...cos my night is consider after Midnight...i always sleep very very late..
So lets say I feed Jerlynn at 12 midnight, then she will ask for milk at 4a.m. and then 8a.m. then after that consider morning liao right, she will compensate what she lose out on the night and ask for milk in 1.5 or 2 hours intervals until she is contented...which is usually about 3 or 4 times until about afternoon.
This is normally what happens, but now her demands all haywire, sometimes different timings, but she never sleep through more than 4-5 hours before (There is once she slept through 6 hours cos i fed her Sensitive nose medicine)...

Jerlynn wants us to accompany too, but I still make it a point to put her in her Cot alone in the room when time is past Midnight...If i try to put her earlier, she knows me and HB are still outside watching TV etc, she will also scream for us...I don't really like to put her in Rocker ( I have one but sledom rock her in it, just place her inside and let her sleep), cos I thinklater she gets used to it she might dislike her Cot liao.
Actually Jerlynn can sleep anywhere la, even when we bring her out, whereever it is, she just ZzzzzzZzzzzz in her Stroller, or in our arms or in others' bed...but when she is in Alert mode and wants to play, we cannot leave her alone, she will give "Kelian" kind of cries...LOLz

Yup, Rotavirus is taken orally...

Jerlynn will drink water mixed with Gripe Water...I gave her once about 20ml and she loves it...but i don't want gave her too much cos was told by Dietician not to give water yet...

Blood Test:

Jerlynn goes for Blood test almost every week cos she has Low Red Blood Cells and need to monitor...
now change to every 2 weeks liao...The Lab ppl poked her heels instead leh, not the hands, Heels not that painful bah

U might want to ask if can poke your boy's heels instead...i think better leh...

Smile:

Jerlynn can smile alot, cos maybe during my pregnancy I watched alot TW variety shows and I keep laughing to it alone at Home everyday!!!
She smiles alot when slping and dreaming, will chuckle and chuckle with sounds...And recently I noticed she can see very well liao and when awake will smile when we make funny faces at her or talk to her...Very responsive liao
Maybe it really matters when during Pregnancy that we stay happy...

Can PM me your baby Boy's Blog, wanna see how he is doing now also wor...Take Care

Hi ladies and gentleman,
Charlot was discharged yest! We are so happy to have her home with us
happy.gif
She looks diff from her jiejie leh. It was a good thing we had experience with Channah for 2wks b4 Charlot comes bk, so last nite was quite ok. But i only get to sleep 1hr+ cos dun know wht Channah kept crying these few nites. I understand that 2-3wks after BCG, there would be a weal right? She did has a small bump now, wonder if thats the cause of her discomfort. Any thots on this? We had tried pacifier and putting 'ru yi you' on her tummy, had a hard time pacifying her. Poor gal, cry until very pitiful like tat.

Hi kkf,
Thanks for sharing on the vaccinations
happy.gif
Think i'll go for rotavirus and puenomoccocal as well, i'm kiasu, hope they can protect my gals.
Ya man, i am so busy and didn't get to sleep last nite. But still able to cope now with mil/mum and maid. But just worried after ML dun know how leh, cos my Mil cannot handle alone wor...

Hi afcai,
ya ya, i agree, i was oso very anxious and abit depressed during my preg cos of all my medical issues.
haha...ya, imagine i gotta bring 2 of them on 3 different days for their appts next mth, dun know must 'activate' how many pple to help me kekeke....

re:feeding.
I had not tried latching since home, cos somehow i felt i can control my time better when i pump and store for them. If latch at diff time then i gotta full-time just latch whole day liao hehe...
At least ur boy got latch sometimes, good for you.

I dun wana send to infantcare cos they too tiny...but i did thot of nanny, but like i say, my fil want 'face', and refuses to let me engaged one, as the initial 'decided' caregiver is supposed to be my mil, but she last min say cannot. Then now when i say wana get nanny, she say will try til May, if cannot then will let us know...hiaz, me gotta sort it out soon, cos i suppose to go bk work in 2nd july.

re;jab.
Thanks for the info, but kkh say their pkg charge is $450 leh.

Hi Bloom,
Ya, i like to take care of my gals, i think i'm a bit paranoid cos somehow i just feels that no one can take care of them as good as i can haha...

Hi gingal,
Glad to hear that Jerlyn had poo
happy.gif

At least they monitored her 1 day then discharge, Charlot was discharge on the next day.

gingal,

think i read from somewhere, if the baby can sleep through for about 6hrs.. it is consider sleeping through the night. so if she sleep at 10pm and wake at 4am, this consider sleep through liao.

Maykel,

Congrats in Charlot's Home-coming!!!

What is Weal? Is it Pus-like Bump? Jerlynn has it about 1 month after BCG, I was also concerned and called up SCN nurse. She told me it is ok, and we must rembr to keep the area dry and clean. And true enough now ok liao, but still abit red red...It is already 2.5 months after the Jab...
She was not feeling uncomfy with it leh...She was normal...

Channah crankiness could it be abit Jealous? Wanna more attention cos she knows she gotta share it now??? Just joking...

Yan,

Sleep through the night is 6 hours? Then my sleeping habit used to be 12 hours, means ppl sleep one night I slept through 2 nites a day...Kekeke...
Jerlynn never slept through the night before
sad.gif
Wonder how long will it take for her to sleep through..I will be contented if I can sleep through 6 hours now...I don't really wish I can sleep through 12 hours like I used to..

Hi Maykel,

Congratulation, finally U &amp; Kevin will have very fun time hearing complete symphony and training Ur arms and backs. Cheers.

Hi Bloom,

I think so also. Unlike her Dad, short forehead and not too bright. Ha Ha.

Hi Sam,

Stay focus, strong &amp; positive. Leave the rest to God and Doc. Don't worry. Jia You.

<font color="119911">mummies,
any one bath bb with cold water? cos my boy scared of heat one...dunno if anything do with my ebm....he can ta han cold water and luv it...will be shiok shiok after bath...

do yr bb need on the fans almost 24hrs?
</font>

my boy also like that. cry like murder when hungry (still waiting for ebm to warm up). once, milk being warmed up, he sucked like hungry hippo initially till milk will overflow. after then, doze off after 20-30ml of 90ml milk feed.

err.. yr gar got that 'xin ge' man....dun drink mean dun drink. my boy will not drink for some reasons - need burping or KPO (hear noises and will look ard). so after burping or scolding, he will guai guai drink (but at first suck for comfort then I just use my finger to pump milk fr his teat so that he can swallow).

hmm did yr gar cry like murder for this case?

re:slp thru.
yup, I read that 5hr consider them slp thru night liao.

oic. thks for highlighting what is CPAP.

<font color="119911">Bloom</font>,
my no#2 is the first grandson leh...tot first grandson shd be treated like ong de. but......
yup, tx and no 2 not only their grandchild. anyway, my bil got 2 gar (pri sch) but he never bring them to in laws hse cos wife not allow (due to some quarrel). so my in laws left my sil's gar loh....

<font color="119911">gingal</font>,
re:jab
6 in 1 jab will cost $326.xx. for 5 in 1 jab cost $280+.

6 in 1 jab consists 4 jabs - taken 3,4,5 mths each and then last jab is 18mth (very strong one). my no#1 kana fever every jab. MMR is taken when 15mth, go polyclinic is free. checkup at 6mth, 9mth, 18mth (dunno is it included) and 3 yr old is free at polyclinic.

yup, opt for 6in 1 of cos dun need take 5 in 1. 5 in 1 got extra dose.

re:iron drop
yup...iron drop do make one constipation. how much water do u add to the 4 drops of iron? for me, we added 10ml of water to 3 drops of iron drop. sometimes, my mum will add up to 20ml. intially, my boy started iron drop, he got horse voice. so next day, reduce to 2 drops. then bck to 3 drops again.

re:night feed.
similar timing as my boy. sometimes he cry like murder for milk at 12-1am then next feeding will be 4am and 8am. his last feed usually ended at 8-9pm. these 2 days, he only woke up at 3am or 4am for milk feed. shiok man....at least, I can slp for 2hr if not...only rest 30mins - 1hr (after pump then his feeding again).

hmm..sensitive nose medicine can cause her to drowniess?? my boy will cry for help if he needed burping or changing or nappy cloth and then he will be bck to slp on his rocker (playpen mattress got pins...).

re:rocker.
my boy addicted to rocker. but funny, dunno why he dun like yao lan. he will feel uncomfortable when plc inside as if he scared of falling....he will grab the side of the cloth.

mentioning abt stroller, we did bring him out to makan (hubby and I go coffeeshop to makan) on the stroller. he dun like to be in it and will cry. think he scared.

haa...yup, those 'yang ow' cry...my boy also gd at it....

re:blood test.
hmm...will take note of it to ask the nurse to poke heel instead.

re:smile.
gd wor...yup, true think so...during preggy, I am always displayed groomy face. how to smile when one has not smooth preggy and also get irriated easily....think that's the cause of it.

re;blog.
u got any blog. had pm u...my no#1 and some mummies link also can be found at the side of the website.

hmm..having twins can be tedious when came to taking care. but if one look back later, think the time and effort spent will be worth. I do see twins and envy the mummy. the twins so cute....

re:latching.
true, pump out can ctr own time. when latching on like need to work 24/7hr...at least, pump out can let others (hubby) to feed the bb. but maybe once in a blue moon can latch yr gar on...

hmm why not u extended yr ML or leave (take no paid leave) for few mth more....maybe up to 1 yr....the best caregiver is u - the mummy loh...

maybe policy changes liao. cos 2 yr+ bck, the staff told me that got discount if one is KKH patient.

afcai,

she won't cry, she shout.. very fierce.. her arms and legs keep waving. her hands will try to push the bottle away.. very naughty..

sian.. she is down with cough since yesterday.. milk intake drop.. last feed for last night is 8pm but she drank 20ml only.. 10pm tried to give her while she sleeping.. make noise, push bottle, shout.. never drink.. 4am i heard she make some noise.. so woke up to make milk.. still.. dun wanna drink.. aiyo... so long hours no milk leh.. luckily this morning 6:40am she drank 100ml... phew...

gingal..

same la.. before i got kids.. i can sleep through for 12hrs too.. haa.. now ah.. 4-5hrs non disturb sleep ah.. i " xie tian xie di" liao. though yilin sleep through the night, but quite often she will make some noise and i gotta wake up to give her pacifier.

Hi Mums,

Danya is finally off CPAP. Today is day 2 w/o CPAP. Doc is monitoring Danya's performance. They are planning to upgrade Danya to "Suite SCN". I wish I am there to see Danya's achievement. Danya weight as of this afternoon is 1160gram. Doc plan to grow her weight in SCN. Please see pic taken by Diana.
2381796.jpg
2381797.jpg

Hi Cale,

It's 2 girls, gave birth on 9 Apr @ 36 weeks, Yi Xin and Ro Xin, each weighing 2.4kg, both are healthy and at home now
happy.gif
Just had to visit the polyclinic 4 times already for jaundice tests.

Maykel,

Congrats on having both your gals home. Agree with you that pumping is more efficient, unless can get both to latch on at the same time. My elder gal cant latch on well, now latch on one and pump at the same time for the other one.... still not enough BM though and have to mix with formula
sad.gif

Sam, hang on there.

tot bb making noise is common. my boy does that every night, stretch with noise, we just simply dun care. he will scream if he cannot ta han(maybe hungry or need burping). we will test if he really want milk by throwing handkerchief near his mouth then he will grab like. clue for hunger is swallow saliva, mouth looking for smth to chew or last resort is screaming like murder.

maybe yr gar need some patting for comfort more than milk.

<font color="119911">YenT</font>,
my boy dunno visit polyclinic how many times for jaundice. on the day when he is discharged fr scn, he is considered prolonged jaundie liao.

hmm...for yr twins, do u latch on them alternatively?

<font color="119911">david</font>
hmmm danya look like she is smiling in the photo wor...

david,
congrats. danya is doing good. when i saw the pics u posted, immediately went to search 4 the pic we hav taken for my little ger when she was still in NICU. cos i find they look alike
happy.gif
but can't find them in my office pc. maybe i go home &amp; search..cute..

it's so happy to see danya showing so much improvment everyday. we r all so happy 4 ur family. soon, u'll b 'complaining' like us, abt the cute but notti little ger.. but it's still sweet.

afcai,

yes, is common,. but sometime i can hear leh.. so i just wake up to see see look look lor.. her mouth is moving.. but seem she din cry, i dun give her milk.. haa.. i just give her pacifier.. hee..

Hi Sam,

Be positive. Things can only get better. Remember to focus on the goal of 40 weeks. Remember to encourage your babies and praise them for being smart and strong. Fight positively.

Hi Afcai,

Danya is indeed smiling on the second pic.

Hi Disneymickey,

Thanks. I am looking forward for Danya to be notti. Hee Hee. Can post Ur ger pic??

Hi ladies adn gentleman,
Charlot has small-medium size rashes over her face and neck from last nite. I wonder if its heat rash. She was iritable initially, but after we put her in air-con room, she can sleep better. Is it advisable to put any cream? Or would it make her feel worse? Would it goes away by itself?

Hi gingal,
Thanks gal
happy.gif

Weal is like a bump we had after BCG, or unless i spell wrongly? kekeke...Channah's BCG bump got no pus *touch wood* but a bit red. Hmm...ok, then guess maybe that is not the cause of her discomfort if Jerlynn is ok. Yest we realised that she has some mucous in her nostril, so took it out for her, initially thot tats the cause, but after that still cry. Now we wonder if she dun like air-con room, cos when put her to sleep in the living room without aircon, she's ok. But Charlot cannot tahan hot. Dun know wat to do now, 1 wants air-con, 1 dun want air-con haha....

I'm not sure if she's jealous leh, but when we put them side by side, Charlot keep touching her but she 'bo hue' and just sleep, very funny to see them.

Hi David,
Thank you
happy.gif
haha...talk abt that, my shoulder also aching badly since Channah came bk, now is worse.
Danya is so cute, she is a strong fighter, just like you and Diane. Its great to be able to upgrade to SCN. Jia you and hope that she can gain weight fast and steadily.

Hi afcai,
I bath the gals in lukewarm water, not really cold. But i guess if your boy can take it shld be ok bah, cos the only worry abt cold water is they might catch a chill.
Yes, you are right, thou its very tiring, i took great joy in taking care of my gals now. Super tired but happy and time passes very fast. No need to envy, cos we had our fair share of problems when it comes to preg complications, delivery nad caregiving issues. Cos frankly speaking, the headache is not as much if it is a singleton, but of cos i'm not complaining lah
happy.gif

cute....

re:latching.
okie, thanks for your advise, i will try to latch the gals when they are more settled.

I'm thinking of taking NPL too until the gals are bigger then maybe i will be more 'fang xin' to let the maid handle them. But i feel pai seh to tell my co.
ya, i oso think i make the best caregiver for my gals hahaha....(thick-skin)

Hi YenT,
Thank you. I got problem latching one, much less latch 2 together keke.....dun think i'm good at it. Oh, quite siong for you, so whole day you are like milk producer like that? (no offence okie, just joking
happy.gif

Dun feel bad abt not enough BM, me oso not enough, til now day 53 liao still pumping abt 60mls oni and it gets lesser when i pump less frequently, me oso alt with formula. How big are your twins now?

David,

May i know is Danya born a 23 weeker and whats her weight at birth and how long she already in NICU until SCN?

You are a strong father and i admire you, thanks for the encouragement.. for the sake of my babies i will definitely try my best to hang on to the last stride to motherhood. Every single day counts for me now..i dare not hope it be months but as long as everyday passes successfully i am already thankful to god and my babies for working hard with mummy.. I know Womb is the best incubator.

Hi Maykel, Afcai,

Ya, only job now is to produce milk. Luckily Ro Xin is a natural at latching on. Yi Xin will fall asleep before even latching on properly. So Yi Xin gets to enjoy the EBM whilst Ro Xin has to work for it
happy.gif

My gals are 15 days old now, and even managed to put on 130g (brought them to my family doctor to weigh them to reassure myself that they are taking in enough milk and growing!)

Maykel, some mummies separate the twins so they don't disturb each other. Hmmm....in your case, mebe you could have one in air-con room and one without
happy.gif

David,
Glad to hear Danya's progress. Jia you,
Danya!

what clothes did u give to bb to wear during night time? fr this mth onwards, my boy had been wearing t-shirt and shorts (since he is a preterm bb so shorts become 3/4 type) to slp. no mitten also....

cos he is a kind of bb who scare of heat.

</font>
my boy sometimes after milk feed for half an hr also mouth moving. so throw the pacifier to him (ladst time, we dun give pacifier to my gar, she auto slp). think their mouth need something to suck. foir my boy case, if he is really hungry, he will 'pui' out the pacifier one and then scream....

<font color="119911">Daivd</font>,
gd wor...so far, I dun seen any smile in my boy. maybe bec when I'm preggie, dun smile.

re:heat rash
better to consult doc bec apply any cream, dunno what cream suitable. think monitor few days to see will go away. dunno or not can plc nappy cream or not? my mum will put J&amp;J lotion.

re:back ach
better take care dun stain too much. heard that there is some vest or cloth to put on for one bck one...

re:bath
my mum said cold water, think she mean rm temp water.

re:bb via twins
seeing the bb smile or grow will tend to make one tiredness disappear. it's miracle.
kind of cute having twins but think durng preg wise, not easily right....so yr is normal or c sect? is it having twins or more bb sure c sect?

re:latch
hmm..just a silly qns to ask.hmm...twins wor...how to differenate them? l remember my col told me he can't different between his twins granddaughter wor. only parents knows....

wow, latch 2 togetherm siong man...got to do football style one if not hands/arm will be suan. but latch 2 bb at the same time gd so that one side of the bm won't go waste when drip (what u will do???)

best caregiver is u loh....also gd to bond with the bb and see their growing pharse. the grew very fast so we must cherish the moment.:p

ai-yo...dun need to pai seh...cos firstly, u told them yr twins preterm and need lot of attention. secondly, u needed lot of rest. thirdly, not much caregiver etc... so many 'millions' of excuses right...:p

<font color="119911">Sam</font>,
take gd care and jiayou.

Hi Sam,

Danya born at 26 weeks and 5 days. Danya weigh only 590 gram at birth. She suffered a fracture right thigh and gone through a surgery on day 12 for her twisted intestine.

She is in NICU since Feb 26. Yesterday night, I make my way directly from the Airport to KKH to visit Danya. She just finish her blood transfusion. Doc said that she look pale and breath too hard, her hb is slightly low and her oxygen saturation is on borderline. Danya definitely look tired yesterday. Plan to send her to SCN will be on hold for the time being.

I am not too concern. I strongly believe in Danya and I am very proud on her achievement.

Sam,

You are also proud of your babies and they will definitely achieve even more. This is a journey into the unknown. Walk with bravery and might and triumph shall be your. Stay focus, think positive and remember, this is a journey which you, your babies and your love one will be proud of.

David,

Before Diane gave birth, wat was the last estimated weight of Danya.. Issit emergency birth?

Its amazing, a whooping 500+g in 2 months.. she's a real fighter as the nurses told me babies pick up weight slowly when out from womb..

Its better to be safe and monitor her first than rush her to SCN, being in NICU is indeed a torturous thing for all babies... they are actually working hard there for us parents..

"A Mother's Will Is The Strongest Among All Things in The World", i believe it applies to Daddies too..

I use to be rather sceptical, dunno whether true or not they can hear us or response until incidences like yesterday make me realise im so wrong and they really didi prove me wrong.. well yes indeed they are very smart.

hi afcai

Siang has always been wearing t-shirt and those hole hole pants (long) to sleep at night since young. no proper pyjamas for him as of now :p

Hi Sam,

Diana was diagnose with PE. Her condition gone very severe in 5 days and Danya was born by emergency C-section. During the 5 days of stabilizing Diana condition, the DOC did a scan and Danya growth was lower 3 percentile (IUGR). DOC don't even mention her weight.

There a report which I have read somewhere, in fact, a preemie can actually out growth a full term by over driving all the nutrients. But in reality, overdrive will stress out all the organs which are still not mature at that point.

BTW Sam, don't even bother to think about NICU. You did agree with me that your babies are smart. Continue to preach positive words and thoughts. Your babies will definitely make you proud.

Hi YenT,
So good that at least one of ur baby can latch on easily. Mine both oso got problem.

The thing is i put them on the same cot at nite and push them to my room and sleep in air-con so i can take care of them. If leave 1 outside, i worry i can't hear her cry.

Hi afcai,
i let my gals wear short sleeve, sometimes long sleeve top to sleep. I usually let them wear like that with diapers and wrap them up at nite. Nvr let them wear shorts or long pants yet cos all are too big for them leh. But i let them wear mittens (thou it dropped out often) cos my gals like to scratch their face. Did you let your boy sleeps in air-con room?

re:heat rash
Thanks, we brought Charlot to see doc last nite, confirmed its heat rash and she was given ointment to ut, today abit better.

re:back ache
Thank goodness for my mum, she is coming to relief me a while 2mr and i can go for a massage
happy.gif
My mum encourages me to go out. Not like my mil, if i go out when she's here, can see her face like not happy, so stress.

re:bb via twins
Yes, you are right, thou i am very very tired, i still enjoy taking care of them, its fun to see their actions. you know my younger gal sort of starting to behave like Channah already now. Eg like hyper-extending the head when sleeping, crying and head movement oso alike.
Ya, its not an easy preg cos i had pre-eclampsia, liver problem, threatened early labour etc due to the weight and all the hormones haywire. Actually twins oso can try natural, i tried but not successful as my cervix did not open so I had an emergency c-sect as the babies are starting to get distress and oso younger twin is not growing well so doc suggests c-sect.

re:latch
haha...mine are non-identical twins, so can tell them apart. Furthermore, Charlot is smaller in size.
I cannot imagine latching both at 1 go, guess it'll be tiring for the arms haha...

ya, i totally agree, that mummies are the best caregiver, so now gotta plan the caregiving issues, financial etc.
ya man, you are right, if they dun agree to NPL, i'll just resign loh, cos our babies are more impt right...?

Afcai,

Mine are identical twins and I differentiate them by different colour clothing (pink / red for one, blue / white for the other), fixed position on bed, and most importantly, nail polish on the toe of the older girl (the doctor at the polyclinic also recommended this!)
happy.gif

Hi Mums,

1 great news and 1 greater news! Danya is back on CPAP again! Great news, successfully breathing on her own for 3 days. Greater news, Danya cross 1.2kg mark. More great news to come.

hihi

david, danya has done a great job! breathing on her own for 3 days, and is now over 1kg. soon, she will be home! she has a wonderful daddy and mummy!

Sam how are you now? I had my elder borned at 23 weeks plus, not good...he passed away after 2 days in nicu. Hang on there...must cross at least 26 weeks or more. how many weeks are you now?

maykel, congrats that both ur gals are home now! busy busy busy!

afcai, violet also manages to sleep thru the night now, but getting her to sleep first is a great task. and she will only drink when she is sleeping, so now every time before feed, we will have to rock her to sleep! sigh (sounds familar right, Yan?)

Yah, dash also premature at 27 weeks plus. My elder was 23 weeks and just survived two days. Luckily violet can tarhan until 34 weeks. I have strange body lar...sob. But never mind, wun have anymore liao, contended with my 3 kids, though one is up with buddha. Just hope all of them will grow up well and healthy!

Hey mummies who just gave birth, do you find yourselves getting weaker? dunno if I am old liao or wat. Even since I gave birth, body really jialat, here pain there pain, no strength, no energy, sometimes breathless, sometimes head like very heavy...aiyo whole body dunno like wat...already going 4 mths liao, and going back work soon...body like that dunno how to work.

bloom, the downtown east chalet quite small...but dun worry about hot water, they have free hot water and cold water outside (cold icy water). So think you have to prepare normal temperature water then you can use their hot water to prepare for milk. yah, think can squeeze in sleeping bag. socket, yah, can lar, can charge hp...

gingal, actually violet is at my in laws place most of the days liao, cause my father in law knows how to feed her, while me a failure!!! haha. so i dump her with them. my father in law is really a great nanny. he can rocks my gal to sleep, and feeds her! she is only 6kg at 3 months old....still having some problems with milk.

btw, disneymickey, thanks a lot for your help yah!

kkf,

sound very familiar.. haa.. these few days yilin having cough.. she woke up at 4am on saturday night.. i was delighted, tot.. wah.. so good ah.. drink milk while she is awake.. but later the nightmare came by.. she refused to sleep after feeding.. urgh..... she made alot of moise till my maid woke up.. my maid tried to make her sleep while i trying to pap Weng back to sleep.. she woke up a little when she heard her baby sis making noise. aiyo, both of us are so scare tat if Weng also wake up, we will die man!!..haa.. then i doze of while my maid tried to make yilin sleep. when i woke up my maid told me yilin din really sleep!!.. big bully right.. my maid woke up at 4am and din sleep liao after tat.. so poor thing.. i let her sleep when Weng takign her afternoon nap.

this morning 5:45am , yilin woke up liao ,, refuse to drink milk as usual.. i tried to make her back to sleep.. it took me 1hr... urgh... then i no chance to sleep liao.. till now.. !! sob sob...

but glad enough, she still drinks her milk, though reduce the intake, but still acceptable la..
happy.gif

kkf,
dun mention. there are few pkts of cereals inside too.

my ws kenna food poisioning last nite. sigh. ls for few times last time &amp; woke up &amp; vomitted @3am. skipped sch today. whole day restless. sigh.

btw, we ate at jacks' place @causeway point..sigh

ask u regards to latching on bb....

when u latch on bb, will u let bb empty one breast (usually they dun empty...) first then switch to next b.....or switch alernately so that the other b won't so engorge (since when bb suck one b, it will stimulate the let down and bm will drip the other b).
</font>

last wekend, first time, plc my boy in air-con room, wow, he can enjoy the aircon so that that he can slp well man (he wore short and t shirt to slp without mitten). if he did not slp in air con rm, he will wrigger and make lot of noise man...

yup, even shorts (his jie jie one) is still too big for him so wearing them is like wearing 3/4 pants and very loose.

last week, we only off his mitten liao cos his mitten still too big and kept dropped off. anyway, good for him as he like to grab his handkerchief and tried to grab the teddy bear ard him and then plc the teddy bear nose in his mouth. my boy dun really scratch himself only like to grab thing. unlike last time, my gar, she will pull her hair till she scream.

re:back arche.
hmm...even gg out a while will have some fresh air and relax but hor still need to rush bck to pump milk right...today, I brought my gar to nearby mall to shop for groceries. quite a relaxing task but need to be bck within 4hr(give myself half an hr before I pumped- now pumping 5hrly) loh for moo task.

re:labour.
so have yr wound recover? if not, very hard (can't imagine how to latch on) to latch bb on leh?? my 2nd preggie also not smooth at all. first trimster bleeding (like urine type and drip non stop) and admitted to hospital thrice, 2nd trimster got very bad rashes on my tummy (burning red type) and third trimster tot all well but preterm liao (can't even try any coconut ....) then during CL still need to suffered for post natal haemorrage and got dnc (happened third wk of CL) and then after CL ended...suffering fr red red patches of rashes all over my thigh and p area. sian.....

hai mentioning abt hubby...shake head...dunno more tired than me. bb cried so loudly, he still an slp like log. can doze off while feeding or burping bb...so dangerous....

re:latch.
haa gd training of hand and arm muscles. but u c -sect how to latch on. wound still painful??

yup, do yr hubby agreed on yr resignation? yup, bb grew very fast so must cherish their cute moment. next time, if u want to hug them, they also dun want u to hug liao.:p

<font color="119911">yENt</font>,
HMM...gd that both yr gars co-ordinate well wor..one help to stimulate milk while one enohy the

ebm....

see how many diaper/nappy cloth change per day will know how well their intake of milk...

re;nail polish
huh apply nail polish for bb....can or not...is the chemical suitable for them?

hmm that mean identical twins, their appearance are totally the same is it?? (maykel twins are non-identical wor...)

<font color="119911">aneo</font>,
oic. I tot mine is werid bb cos ppl bb wear long sleevless and pants or romper to slp but mine....
weather these fews days is super hot man.....

glad to hear that Danya progress well. how is yr wife? send my regards to her and take care.

<font color="119911">kkf</font>,
my cow prince weird weird and depended on his mood. sometimes can slp thru night but some times cannot. dunno why during night time, he made so much noise after milk feed. daytime ok one....like y'day, he woke up 4hrly....me so tired....

re:preterm
hmmm...any idea what cause all yr preggie to be preterm. sorrie to hear yr elder one vorned at wk 23.u must be extremely sad then.

re:body
yup, all energy absorb by kids man. kids are like sponge. I'm so tired, dark circle eyes, tired easily due to lack of slp, breathless (need to take deep breath) and head heaby. think alway felt i'm like zombie.

hmm..tot u SAHM wor....who is gg to take care of yr kids(dash is in ccc but how abt violet?)?

my ML is also ended next mid may but extending 1mth paid leave(plus 3 days ccl). sian..think of gg bck....

HI Ladies
Long time have not post.

Sam
Just to tell u jia you .U can do it de I remember I was on total bed rest too starting from week30 and was hospitalized during week32 time seem so slow that time but I keep telling baby to hang on at least must stay till 37 week full term. That time my gynae also tell me I will delive anytime le keep telling and I keep waiting he even did ultrasound and was no good my cervix open when I have contraction. GUess wat I manage to keep my baby till she over due I deliver her at week 40 and 3 days and was induce some more cos gynae say cant wait le if nt she gets too big.So pls belive in ur baby keep talking to them keep telling them must stay till full term.they wil listen de.Jia you

kkf
my body has also grown weaker, after just having 1 child (but 2 pregnancies). i have very very bad memory, until sometimes i suspect i will kena dementia very soon. sigh sigh. dunno wat to do about it. i still got to tahan for one more try for 2nd one. thinking abt that gives me a headache already..

dm
compasspoint??!? got complain or not? must give feedback hor. nowadays the virus strains are very weird. must alert the doc and restaurant as preventive measure!

caca
how u doing?

afcai
i usually alternate, esp if dripping. that way, bb also stays awake. but if bb is the kind dun like to be disturbed esp when impatient for first few min cos hungry, then u can wait a while. ultimately i still have to pump both sides so it doesn't matter.

Maykel,

Wonder if Channah is having sensitive nose problem like Jerlynn has...Same like Channah, she will be really uncomfortable in air-con and will ahve blocked nose with lots mucus. Both Neonat and the Kidslink PD diagnosed same thing, sensitive nose like "Sinus"...My Hubby has it, she takes after her dad...
Now we on the air-con and when it's morning, my hubby nose blocked, he will wake me up to check Jerlynn and true enough, same as him, hers will e blocked too, and we will switch off the air-con and both will fall asleep soundly again...and ME leh...KNNzzz, So warm and buay tahan without air-con...(Ooopsss did i swear? Pardon me..hee hee)
Now the thing is, she is ok sleeping in air-con in the afternoons...same as her dad...Duhzzzzz

I am also wondering if Jerlynn is having heat rash... she has it on her cheeks, sides of her face and behind her ears...it does not looks like her Ezcema and the cream for Ezcema does not work for this rashes...I was just asking my hubby just now and he agrees that it is heat rash...the weather is too hot these few days...
I just keep applying baby oil on her loh, dunno if it helps, she keeps scratching her face...I was thinking of buying aloe vera gel cos heard will help soothe the skin, but no time go shopping yet...hmmm hope the weather gets cooler soon...

So cute leh, observing 2 babies together...keke

So glad u can go and catch a Massage!!!

afcai,

U are not alone...
Jerlynn also cannot take warm water bath anymore...if the water is warm, she will squeeze her legs together tight and straight and not let me put her in....I have to keep adding cold water until the temperature is like Room temperature then she will happily sit on the water...faintzzz... guess maybe cos teh weather very hot nowadays? I also shower in cold water too these few days...
I used to put her in Sleepsuits, long sleeved and long legged with covered booties and mittens...these whole week, i put her in short sleeved and short rompers (exposed her whole fat thighs)...But i will still put on mittens and booties on her cos scared she scratch her face and also her feet gets cold...I will also put on a blanket on her but the blanket usually won't last more than 15 mins and will be kicked away...cos she is warm even with Aircon..kekeke, blame it on the weather, all the sleep suits i bought abit wasted cos she is outgrowing them again...

latching on bb:

I just alternate the breasts every 10 mins cos my arms tired and cannot take it...now i latch her in lying down position, easier and will only let her suck one side cos so comfy I won't want to move...

kkf,

So good leh ur FIL can take care of baby...Pro sial...So she sleeps overnight at ur in-law place?

kkf/Yan

Jerlynn weighs about 5.2kg at CA 1 month and 10 days, is it too much??? Her feeding pattern these 2 days very different..she will get really hungry from mid-nte til dawn and will keep asking for milk, she will drink almost every hourly, then half way through she will vomit (Vomit alot de like 50ml of the milk) once..then con'td getting hungry...Don't know what happened...
Then she will sleep like a log from morning til evenings and can sleep for more than 5 hours and will not ask for milk...me these 2 days so tired and that explained why I wasn't posting anything here...tonight she was better, I suddenly thought of bathing her at night (just like what the nurses did for the babies at SCN), so i bathed her at 9pm and now she is sleeping comfortably and back to 3 hourly feed...hope it stays this way...

DM,

Hope ws gets better soon...

xbliss/kkf.
me too leh.. memory become very bad. body become weaker too.. very prompt to flu and sore throat and cough. jialut leh, we so young only.. like become old lady liao.. wei lao xian suai..

Back