Premature babies support group

xbliss, kkf,yan
heard memory,health worse normal when/after preggy. sure do down a bit at least. I tell hubby so he know wat I go thru and how hard it is hehe. fish oil may help with memory

kkf
me today EDD, full term liao. no signs leh. heheh look like overdue. funny ha, before premature now is going to overdue ;)

lindah birth at wk 37. exactly full term.

Morning mummies!!!

Haha xbliss, its at causeway point not compass point.
happy.gif
disneymickey hope ws gets better. yes, i saw the cereal, thanks a lot!!!!
happy.gif
Actually tell u something, violet is back with similac liao, confusing right? we put her back similac cause it is richer and can make a baby fatter. As you know she drinks soooo pathetic amount, so we got to get a richer milk...she really wasted a lot of our $$...we change from nuk bottles to avent, change all sorts of teats etc. I know similac may not be the most nutritious, but its the most fattening i think...haha

Wow dayC congrats!!!! Yah, so happy for u and lindah, well done! Envy leh, me never full term before, haha, guess dun have chance anymore...34 weeks is the furthest I can go considering my lousy body.

Glad i am not alone. i dunno why, after giving birth three times, whole body really failing. Guess what sometimes, I will suspect I have this and that...(choy!) else why always so tired, so breathless, here pain there pain, and giddy or heavy headed at times.Its like there is no single day I am fully well one. Amitable,hope it is just that my body is recovering.

wow, gingal envy leh...your gal is putting on good weight. No problem one, all the supplements will make her grows well too.

Caca wowwwww well done! congrats on ur full term baby!

Yan, you are right babies like to bully us. haha.

afcai, no leh, i am not sahm. i dun want to be. i will go crazy. haha. i took no pay since last july till now maternity leave ending soon, will be back work two more weeks.

no idea, maybe genetic factor, my mum gave birth me at 27 weeks, and my sister at 34 weeks plus too. Think I inherit my mum's weak body. haha. she always complain her pain there pain, here not well there not well, I am just like her!

Losing my first child was really heartbreaking. Anyway, contended now, have three children as i have said, 2boys 1 girl though one up with buddha.
happy.gif
Things happen for a reason, hope all my children are xian ku hou tian type, first go thru hardship and will enjoy happiness thereafter.

afcai
haha. everyone ask me why my bb cot is in the living room. i do all kind of weird stuff. siang never really wore a romper you know :p haha. comfort to me is most important haha. you see some of my pic in my blog. at home he really is qin cai wear :p haha

yeah...really warm day and night

Hi David,
Its great to hear that Danya is geting better each day
happy.gif

Hi kkf,
Thank you, you are so right, super busy now man!
Talking abt body, i oso has body and esp shoulder ache. Think its cos of us carrying the babies frequrently. I think mine oso cos my posture sometimes not so good, cos as long as the gals are comfotable and stop crying, i will freeze in that position for some time.
I've been taking vit C daily, cos i dun wana fall sick, so far ok for me xcept the bodyache. Try to take some supplements to help build up ur health. Oh, i do agree with the gals that memory is really bad now...

Hi gingal,
I think both my gals have sensitive nose, both of them keep sneezing leh. I already ask the maid to clean the rooms and all the things daily liao, wonder why still like tat. So young can have sinus ar? U think its alright?
haha....youi so funny leh.
Charlot's heat rash oso started at the side of her cheeks, but i did not apply the ointment there, oni on her neck. The ointment given by kidslink is good, her rashes are gone in 2 days.

Is the baby oil difficult to clean off? Cos if dun clean off properly, would cause irritation oso right? Maybe try not to put anything on the face, cos very delicate, just wash clean daily and think the rashes would go off by itself.

Hi afcai,
I managed to latch my elder gal finally yest after nearly 2mths
happy.gif
Younger one still cannot....I was told by the nurse that we shld let baby latch for 15-20mins max on each breast. Let baby latch on one then alt to the other side. But i got problem getting my gal off the 1st breast, and when i managed to remove her from it, she refused to suck on the other one. Remember not to force the nipple out cos i did it yest and my nipple bleed a bit and was sore, now better. As for let-down, i keep the other side of the bra up with bra pad inside, so nvr leak out.

We put our gals in air-con every nite since they came bk, cos thot hospital oso air-con whole day. I think its alright not to wear shorts but make aure they are warmly wrapped up, and its better to put mittens and booties cos their hands and feet get cold easily. Ya loh, my gals mittens oso keep droping of, but i just keep putting them bk loh heehee...Think they are used to air-con, some more now weather so hot, my gals oso get irritable when they are hot.

re:BM / latch
ya loh, if go out too long the breast would be painful. I've learnt a trick, i brought out with me a sterile bottle, then in case of emergency, i'll just go nursing room to squeeze out manually heehee....you pump 5hrly the amt still good?

re:labour.
My wound had healed but inside sometimes still pain leh. The problem is i am still having bleeding now, i dun know if its menses or still lochia...
aiyo, sounds like you suffer alot during ur preg too. But thinking bk, its over and now we have our cuties with us
happy.gif

Maybe your hubby is tired as he needs to work during the day? Ya, quite dangerous to feed them when you are real tired, sometimes i oso like tat, but gotta keep reminding myself to tahan.
Men tend to sleep like a log, dun know why...

re:caregiver.
my hubby say if bo bian then resign, but its going to be tough for us and i had to control my spending habits. Now i buy things without thinking, maybe next time cannot liao loh. But somehow i think he still habours the thot that my mil can handle with the maid. But the thing is, he oso knows that the maid cannot be trusted. Simple thing like washing milk bottles oso not clean, how to trust her with bigger things??

Difference after Giving Birth:

Aiyoh, me too leh, very absent minded nowadays, especially short-term memory...and I got Brain and speech coordination problem now...I can speak as fast as my brains work...and it is like abit retarded when I'm speaking
sad.gif
Hope it is due to lack of sleep not long-term probem...I still taking the DHA Pills that I have left from my pregnancy, thinking mayeb it might help my memory or it might go to my BM for Jerlynn...kekeke not sure if it does...
happy.gif

My body is still ok, but my legs like not strong liao..cannot walk long and sometimes numb if I sit too long and wanna get up and walk... maybe cos I didn't wear socks during confinement...other than that, so far so good, cos I think my MIL did my confinement quite well for me...
I think Breastfeeding helps in Mother's Immunity too, so these 4 months I have not fallen sick ( i used to be really prone to get Throat infections and flu at least once a month), despite everyone around me took turns falling sick and the damn weather...(Cross my Fingers!!!)

kkf,

I hope Jerlynn can take Similac Neosure too, cos it is said to have most nutrients that is good for premmies, but she has indigestion drinking it...
She is taking NAN HA now and so far so good...Hope Violet will do well with Similac Neosure (Noticed alot places never sell Neosure, Hmmmm...)

Maykel,

If really have sensitive nose must keep the place Dust-Free for them...but how to be totally Dust-Free...
sad.gif

It will not be gone leh...see my hubby I know...30+ years liao still Sinus...

I went for the Neonat appt today, and Jerlynn's rashes not heat/milk rash...Again, it's Ezcema...Doctor gave her another cream now, cos maybe that cream she used not working liao...so sad loh...Both Problems she has like cannot cure de...
Baby Oil easy to clean off leh...i have no choice but must put oil, cos if her skin is too dry, the Ezcema worsens...and really her face not oily after apply de, she really have very very dry skin...

I put Jerlynn on air-con 24/day for a month after she is discharged, and her sensitive nose problem was ok then, it's like after that then she has it de...

Afcai/maykel,

U will come to the stage where U will realised that the mittens and booties or socks are getting tight for them, then it's time to worry, cos difficult to buy liao...
I'm starting to have problems with mittens/booties/socks and hats that are getting tight for her now, my HB will stretch it now, so it won't "Sok" her hands and legs and big head...

hi gingal, violet is not on similac neosure. she is on similac infant stage 1. wishes she quickly goes to stage 2, as it is cheaper. she doesn't need to be on neosure, the doctors said just give any forumla when she was discharged. think cause she is nearly full term. last time my boy 27 weekers was on neosure, wow that really makes him fat. haha.

dm, really thank you for going thru the troubles for me!

precious one, lindah has a boy.

so sianz, going to bring dash to see doctor for the dunno how many times this year, i think can easliy count to 10 times or wat.
sigh...

his cough worsens again! (on and off cough, sometimes good sometimes bad, once he goes back to school, his cough will get worse...sigh), and he has slight fever...

sooooo sianz....when can he fully recover? he is a very weak boy...

kkf,
were told tt neosure is high in calories can make baby beef up.... how come my paige is underweight?

mummies,
can baby get flu vaccine? wif all the swine flu, is v scary lei

mummies,,
we are weak maybe also due to lack of exercise.. ever since got kids.. did u all realise tat we hardly go out to exercise? whenever i visit the doc, he will ask me to exercise.. now i try to swim once a week if possible. just started 2 weeks ago la.. ha...

u all can try to swim too if possible. not too shiong.. ha.. i like..

day-c,
great!! overdue is ok.. now u no need to worry liao.. well done!!

morning all,
took leave ytd to take care of ws. she was ok. no ls no vomit ytd. but q weak. at nite, when we tried to give her diluted milk, she drank half-way, ls again. this morning same. sigh. but if dun give milk at nite, she'll feel hungry. mon nite, she drank a bit, vomit, then stop drinking. the whole nite, kept asking 4 water. asked if she's hungry, she say no. but morning ate a lot of breakfast. i oso dunno wat to do. sigh.

kkf,
no worries. as long as violet is drinking. my fren did ask me to give simalac to ws, cos shes' v skinny, but i refuse. think she juz took over my husband's genes, the skinny genes. even when i was young, i was oso v skinny. think only put on weight when started working. anyway, i think ger better 2 b slimmer heehee

dm
I thot one with diarrhea and vomitting should stay off diary products...so let WS be off milk, let her drink porridge water instead....eat biscuit...small feed, more feed in between..... take care and will pray for ws speedy recovery.

kkf
lindah has a boy again...wow...so nice!...me with one girl only always envy people with boys....

A is also down with fever from ytd...on and off, like Dash, she visits doc. like no body biz... i don't bother to count the nos. of times seeing doc. but focus on getting her strong and well....sigh!

thanks for all ur advice. she's now having loose stools after milk feed. so we hav decided to stop milk 4 a few days & c how. hope she recover soon. 2 days only alrdy lost some weight..

precious,
prob weather? hope angel recovers soon too.

Hi kkf and shelllow,
We were advise by the dietician to let our gals take Neosure until they are 9mths to 1yr old. Cos she say for premmies, this is the milk with the most nutrients and no other milk in the market can replace it. But i must agree its very exp, i had to open a new bottle every 3-4days for my 2 gals. Not forgetting that i am supplementinmg witn BM oso.
Why do you keep changing bottles for Violet? Is it cos she's not sucking well from Nuk etc? Cos my younger gal, Charlot oso keep 'leaking' milk when she uses the pigeon, i tried medela oso but the teat flow is too fast for her. Channah is using Avent so i did not let Charlot try as i want to separate their bottles.

Hi gingal,
Ya, how to be totally dust free...i already ask the maid to clean all the rooms daily liao wor...

Oh, Jerlynn got ezcema ar...is it affecting certain prt of her body only?
Ur Jerlynn opp fom my Channah, her face always looks very oily hehe, very cute...
oic...i thot air-con room causes sensitive nose, so its actually not lah.

haha...thanks, i'm looking forward to the day when they grow too big for the mittens and booties
happy.gif
My Charlot is really small size as compared to Channah. Guess cos Channah is a good sleeper and Charlot is a light sleeper, they say babies must sleep then can grow right?

Hi ladies,
I managed to latch Channah 2 days ago. But think she's too hungry til now my 2 nipples are sore leh...the right side got bleeding. I'm worried that she may have by chance suck in some of the blood, poor gal. But i called the lactation nurse and she told me its ok wor...
Think the main issue is i have problem getting her to stop when its painful, she oso refuses to let go when its time to change sides. Any tricks to remove the breast from her as painless as possible esp when i felt pain? Or the only way is for her to stop by herself?

Hi Maykel,
Glad that you managed to latch on Channah...hope the bleeding has stopped though. Re getting baby off the breast: the lactation consultant at KKH just stuck her finger at the corner of the baby's mouth to remove her from the breast. It takes me a while to get my gal off as I am always afraid of tearing my gals' mouth with my nails. Works though, once the finger goes in, their lips can only suck the finger, and the breast is free! Have also tried pulling their chin down - doesn't work unless they are ready to let go also.

Afcai,
Identical twins - Ro Xin's forehead is more of a slope, whilst Yi Xin is slightly more of a 'cliff', and Ro Xin has more chubby cheeks at the moment as she drinks more milk. Other than that, they do look the same. Nail polish is only on one toe nail, think it should be alright, and that's my only sure way of differntiating them without a doubt
happy.gif
Hope I can differentiate them when they grow up also, else they'll be playing tricks on their mummy!

kkf,
My 6-yr old was on Similac also, now on Gain, and her weight from 3 months onwards has been about 90th percentile even though her weight at birth was only 2.65kg. Now I supplement my twins with Similac also
happy.gif

Body also falling apart - aches and pains in fingers, hands & shoulders, weak legs, swollen feet, more brittle teeth, poorer eyesight and memory. Sigh....

maykel, u have enough bm for channah? sometimes not enough bm, bb will keep sucking. U may want to bottle feed fm first cos the initial part when she is v v hungry, she will suck very fast. Then switch to bf.

Or could be that you started her on bottle feeding, which is much easier than bf cos the bottle teats have bigger holes. So she tends to overdo the bf. May take some time to get used to the slightly slower bf.

With the right latch, you shouldn't be sore. She should be taking in the aerola as well, and not just at the nipple. You need to make sure she opens her mouth really wide.

Like what YenT said, place your last finger into her mouth and lift her upper lips upwards to remove her from the breast. be sure not to do this all the while cos they can get really frustrated.

yenT.kkf
suggest go for postnatal massage. my fren says her body aches, 'weird' aches after birth disappeared after postnatal massage. she didnt believe in it but her mum insisted she did. then she saw e diff. took those traditional malay ones, its diff from 'modern' ones. tuina gd too. I'm taking malay one go to my home. $350 for 7 sessions, I think. tt was e price last time. foodwise we not v pantang one

wow, thread move quiete fast. need to go archive page to follow up....

<font color="119911">xbliss</font>,
same as u...I just want my other side of b not to be super engorge man and if turn into block duct then jialat. for my boy, it depends on his mood. sometimes he will doze off after latch on but sometimes dun. btw, I only latch him at 7pm+ or 8pm only. the rest of day give him ebm.

<font color="119911">gingal</font>,
think weather nowsday is super hot.I myself also sweat esp during pumping. my no#1 got heat rashes on her neck. my little prince cannot see his neck. today, my mum 'force open' his chubby neck when he kept turning left and right.see some red dot on his neck so she applied little bit of picky heat powder onto his neck. think his neck is itchy. maybe u can try that too. but can bb apply aloe vera gel ? I like the aloe vera gel cos it is gd for curing rashes (I got a very bad rashes during my 2nd trimster...)

re:cold via rm temp water.
oic. kind of werid to me cos scared bb will be cold if bathing in so cold water loh...guess afterall, it is the weather....

re:mitten and booties.
my boy had been off mitten thruout the whole day (even slp) since last wk. but booties only off during daytime. he dun sratch face but tried to plc his fist to his mouth and suck....

yup, dunno why the blanket and the surronding little pillow (even bean bag) will fly away fr the bb. one of the time, my boy dunno how he wriggle and slp almost at the corner of his playpen man...(he slp in middle of the mattess). really very bad slp posture of him....

hmm can resell it or kept it for yr no#2 in future.

re:latch on.
hmm I will plc pillow under my arms loh to support if not my arms break man....hmm...u in lying post, dun scared u doze off b4 yr gar??

re:weight.
my boy has the first dose of 6 in 1 jab y'day and kana fever today. his weight is 4.1kg. hmm..the nurse plot the graph and record in his healthbook that he is only 3% grow (unlike my gar at 3mth, she is 50%). Jerlynn indeed very chubby wor....

are u sure Jerlynn is hungry? or is she in the growth spurt stage? cos my boy will wriggle even 1hr after his feed. so will carry him upright and burp him (did burp wor...) and then he will doze off slp on my chest. so dun think he is hungry loh...will only feed him after 2hr past.

oh...got to set slp routine for Jerlynn, reverse bck the night and day time if not u will be very tired.

re:pill.
I also got leftover obmin fr my preggie. so consuming now...it is gd for tbf as all vitamins goes to bb.

re:dry skin.
hmm ppls said that during preggies time, if mummy did not drink enu water, bb will have dry skin after that. dunno how true....

re:mitten/bootties and hats.
ai-yo, my boy hate to wear hats. anything on his head, he will wriggle away and gek till his face red.

<font color="119911">Yan</font>,
aiyo...exercise...we already no time to slp where got the mood and time to exercise.

<font color="119911">kkf/xbliss/Yan</font>,
hai....woman after birth so jialat right....suffering...with panda eyes, bad memory, this and that pain, body out of shape, teeth sentive due to lack of calcium etc....

\greenPday-c},
even I tell hubby abt memory etc...he just like woodstock nod head. hai....

<font color="119911">kkf</font>.
when u buy abbott fm, do take the receipt and then submit to claim for rewards. rewards use to redempt fm. check out at abbott website.

sian sian, gg bck to work leh...but sian also if got to face kids everyday then one will be siao....hai....

hmm can see that u spend a lot of time with Dash wor....cos most of the updates in yr blog are Dash man...where's violet?

<font color="119911">aneo</font>,
hmm...bb cot in living rm...werid leh...bb slp in living rm. my yao lan and the rocker are in living rm only....

re:romper.
hmm...u dun like romper?? too sexy? or ...my gar did wor romper during her 6mth-9mth.

yup, finally saw lot of siang 's handsome face wor....did u shave his hair preivously...cos siang got the spike look hair....

<font color="119911">Maykel</font>,
gd that u latch yr elder gar. my boy will self latch out to ask for burp. so will then carry him upright and then he will burp. it depends on his mood to see if he wanted to latch on...like y'day, after his jab, he very restless so he latch till doze off. but today, he latch for 10 mins and i alternate him to another b cos dripping and harden, he suck for 15mins(this b produce more milk but more diff to latch when nipple/aerola is soften) and then got pek chek and scream cos aerola sofen.

yup, cannot force nipple out of bb. if i wanted to take out my nipple fr bb 's mouth, I will tickle bb mouth and then force open the side first then nipple will slip out.

err...mentionging abt warmly wrapped. my boy hate swaddling since he came bck hm fr hospital. in the hosptial, he also make noise during swaddle and will try to wriggle out to free himself. yup, y'day, i did plc mittens on his hands bec his hand get cold cos he had jab. but usually, touch his hand, his hand sweat and warm man....even place his mitten on, the mitten will be nowswhere to be seen later.

so yr gar also will make noise when irritable?? will they gek till face red red?

re:bm/latch
hai...my bm never been gd since this preggie leh...dunno why maybe did not immediately stimulate pUMP after deliver (deliver wee hr) and only started in the late morning. so far, 5hrly I can only get 130-185ml (depending...). how long u pump each time?

will be gg 5.5hrly and 6hrly in june liao.

currently, ebm still got more than enu for my boy since he is a small eater.

re:labour.
hmm is yr lochia/bleeding fresh blood. i still got spotting on and off.sian.... yup...when i see my ah boy photos...all suffering and tirdness gone...

yup, think woman are gd endurers than men....even how tired I am i won't doze off feeding bb. but I do doze off during my 3am pump....

yup, men tend to sp like log and yet claim that they are still tired. )(*(&amp;*(^

re:caregiver.
true. I also dun trust others for washing milk bottles etc...heven during Cl period, hubby is the one who sterlise the bottles etc....

ai-yo, think next time, u will spend yr $$ on yr gars liao. gars got lot of nice nice clothings which can't resist loh. also we can doll them up etc...dun forgot u got TWINS....double spending....

re:leak milk.
hmm..leak milk started when my boy suck very fast and did not close his mouth fully. but after sometimes, will be ok.

re:bleeding nipple.
hmm..did u let Channah suck onto the aerola not nipple? if nipple, will sure be sore.

<font color="119911">gingal\Maykel</font>

re;fm.
got Similac Neosure one meh..never heard off. I know only Similac? but never seen them in NTUC or supermarket leh. where u buy? (just ask cos curious to know)

<font color="119911">YenT</font>.
hmm...think mummies and daddy will know how to identify the bb well blar....let bb wear tag for identification. :p.

Hi Mummies,

The threat moving too fast. Could not catch up any more.

Danya Update. Weight 1280gram. Feed 20ml/2hr. This week program : Head Scan With Good Result. Next week Program : CPAP Cycling, Chest X-ray, Eye Check.

Yesteraday was the first day which KKH step up the screening. Long queue for registration, take body temp, put on mask. Similar to SARS period. KKH only allow 4 permanent visitors for now.

The only issue I have, "The Visitor". Still want to jump queue. Arguing with Admin staff so they can be served "FIRST". Sad, sad, there are still a handful of people that are still not gracious at all.

afcai,
haha see. weird right. I like romper (personally) but well, siang did not get to wear it as by the time he is home, he is already 3 months old. Then my mama dun really like romper so siang is in shorts and t-shirts most of the time.

pai say la, he not really handsome haha. yup yup he went botak when he was one year old
happy.gif
- as we missed the 4th months ceremony.

re spike hair. i was telling craydon's mum that i tried to let siang have some fringe but just could not so his is spiky type keke.

Sam, how r u now?

Maykel, agreed with u... cos only we (the mothers) will do the best for our bbs cos we are the mommies !!! :p :p :p

David, u r bright lah... not-bright men will refuse to go forums and seek advice :p Danya is really progressing very well.. congrats!!!
happy.gif

afcai..ahah..ur ILs r complicated... so long as ur no 2 is comfy.. dont have to follow exactly how other pp dress their bbs...

gingal, yan, i am a zzzz pig too..last time can sleep till noon on weekends :p

kkf, thanks for info on the chalet..now swine flu...duno if should cancel the chalet (june hols) and forfeit the money or not..sighh...

dm...poor ws... is she alright now???

caca,congrats!!!!!

gingal, jerlynn is so cute..can indicate that she does not like warm water. ... :p

yan, xbliss, kkf..me too getting weaker...last time only see doc once a year..now more like once a month....

jane, its ok to put bb cot in living room lah.... esp if its more airy... i also wan to do that previously, but my hb loves to watch tv till wee hours.. so have to put bb in bedroom....

YenT..ahaha..give the 2 Xins different haircut next time!

shelllow, i am also wondering if should now rush kate for flu jab..duno if it will help abit to protect against the swine flu...

mommies and daddy, just to share..yest we were walking home, and she was fiddling with the flyers from the letterbox and i was in front at the door, trying to open the door to the house. then suddenly she just run towards me, and simply said 'mommy' (and nothing else).. ahaha.... finally heard her call me mommy..she is 29 months now..
happy.gif

Bloom
So happy for you. What a touching moment yesterday!

My girl called me "mama" the minute, the trachy tube was removed so I also waited very long to hear the 1st mama....lately, she has been calling me mummy in a very affectionate manner...heart melts...hahaha
happy.gif

Danya
You have a very brave daughter....she's doing very well.

aneo
Cot in living room, you're not the only one. I also put the baby cot in the living room on the day when I decided to do without maids. By putting her in the cot then, I can watch her closely while doing housework chores or watch TV then...until now, A loves to sleep in the living room.

dm
hope ws is better today.

bloom &amp; precious,
thanks. ws is ok. but we stop all milk for the time being. hubby say wait 4 her to pool normal stools, then resume back milk.

long weekend tmrw..but cannot plan 2 go out since she juz recovered. this sun we r having mother's day lunch. initially , my dad suggested having perankan food @chatterbox (he saw on papers, look good). but cos of ws, i hav decided to juz go 4 simple dim sum. so tat she can eat her noodles.

enjoy your weekend!

Hi Mummies,

KKH has raise their alert to "Orange". NICU only allow both mum/dad to visit baby. Children ward only allow either mum or dad. Woman ward only allow either husband or 1 of the parent to visit. Temperature Scanner will be in placed from tomorrow onward.

Hi Bloom,

Now NICU do not require parents to wear mask anymore. Just went to the pharmacy to check out the mask. ALL SOLD OUT. I guess when you are there next week, you are require to register and take temperature.

hi mummies and daddy,

havent updated for a long time. Today NUH informed me that i m not allowed to visit Xavier from now onwards due to the orange Alert (David, KKH still allow????). I am very sianz.......Really have no idea how long this is going to last!!! BUt on one hand, I get very obsessed with washing hands nowadays, scared that i get flu somewhere and pass to Xavier...So maybe it is a good idea to stop visiting for some time...I actually called up the ward to discard my EBM expressed today becos i got mild sorethroat after i ate chicken chop for lunch... I am getting very paranoid... As if the recession is not enough, now flu attacks....
sad.gif

But there are still good news! Xavier is 1537g today, crossing 1.5kg mark finally! He is really gaining weight well, very proud of him. He is cycling his CPAP too, but not completely off CPAP, still with canula which provides min. oxygen flow.Hopefully, he can tahan and totally wean off CPAP soon, then next step will be bottle-feed. But due to this swine flu, i really wonder if i could be there to bottle-feed him when he is ready. I really want to do latch on one day, keep fingers crossed for the flu alert to come down.....

David,
Danya is doing well, jiayou~~~~~

Maykel,
Congrats on the home-coming for both your girls! Really happy for you...it will be hard since everything is times 2, but I am sure you will be overjoyed looking at them growing up
happy.gif
ENVY lehh...hehee...How i wish my next pregnancy will be twins again, but hopefully without complications.. I am daydreaming :p

Day-c,
For the malay massage, i wan to try also leh. But i did c-section, got to wait how long before can try huh?

Bloom,
I can fully understand your joy~~~ must be so touching!!

Re: latch on/bottle feed
mummies, how do you manage bottle feed and latch on at the same time? babies wont get nipple confusion?

kkf,

sorry, i thought Violet is on Neosure... U wanna let her try Neosure?

DM,

I also feel girls better to be slimmer, my Jerlynn takes after me, Fatty Genes...But I was told by a friend that a lactation nurse tol dher that Obesity by drinking breastmilk is still consider healthy...Hmmmm...

Maykel,

U also supplementing with FM liao? Jerlynn used to leak milk from Pigeon teats too, cos the milk flow is fast I think...but gradually she overcome this problem liao, and now she is ok, takes about 2-3 weeks for her to get used to it...Maybe Charlot will get used soon too...
I don't really like Medela's teats...as for Avent's teats No. 1 and 2 flow is so slow...and No. 3 flow is damn fast and the teats are so hard and odd shaped and not natural...not suitable for Jerlynn, she hates Avent teats...Keke...

U clean teh rooms daily ah, then better for your girls, I only get to clean the house once a week...used to dust every alternate days when she first came back, now lazy liao...was thinking getting a part time maid initially, but then now economy so bad and I don't wish to go back to work so early yet, thus forsaked the idea...
Housechores and taking care of baby really is tiring...and not to mention, I think my wrist and arms starting to ache badly liao...

Jerlynn's Ezcema affecting her face and forehead only, nearly got to her elbows and knee cap, but I tried all my best to prevent it by putting lots of baby lotion, luckily it did not spread...
Her head also has Cradle cap..so on/off must put Olive Oil and comb them off...ppl say it will come back and will last about 6 months to a year to let it go off completely...
Now I understand what is "Giving Birth is easier than taking care of baby"!

I think air-con also plays a part in affecting their sensitive nose...now like u, my hubby tries to bring her out to living room for awhile when her nose got blocked and it works fine...and we make sure her blanket is on her to keep her warm, cos once she feels cold, she will have blocked nose...
but the problem is, she loves to kick her blanket off...*Arghhhhhhhhh* She also like to take the bean pillow off herself...

Jerlynn slept alot alot alot, she used to wake only about 2-3 times and less than 10 mins for the 1st month she was back...but these 2 weeks her "alert" mode getting longer...me tired wor...
When she is sleeping soundly, whatever noise also can't disturb her...no matter jow u try to wake her, she will not wake...

Nipple bleeding must be real painful!!! Put nipple cream and hope it heals soon..

YenT,

Good to have ur way to differentiate your twins..keke, if not cannot imagine, u bathe one child twice and none to the other..
happy.gif

Do u also experience like numbness in fingers? I wonder if it is because I have been washing hands too often and "wind" gets in...

afcai,

i cannot see Jerlynn's neck too...her God-ma always joke and say she has triple chin...haha...no rashes on her skin folds though, but reddish...everyday must remember to clean her folds and open up awhile to dry in case get rashes...baby so young can be exposed to powder meh? I was told not to expose her to powder, cos don't want them to breathe in the powder especially for premmies as their lungs not very developed properly yet...
I think aloe vera gel is ok, go for organics type bah...

Good leh, ur boy don't scratch his face...Jerlynn can't resist not touching her face and eyes...

Jerlynn also wil kick away blanket and throw away bean pillow...maybe they too used to sleeping in hospital without any of these things...Jerlynn will wiggle and turn 90 degrees or 180 degrees when sleeping...

Re: Latch on

Will doze off abit with her if latch her lying down late at night...but somehow or rather will wake up de.."maternal instincts"

Hope Ah Boy's fever subsides liao, he sure very uncomfy de...

Re: hats

Jerlynn will scream if put on hat for her at home...but if we carry her out and put on and tell her we going shopping, she wil guai guai let u put on..once outside of house she will not make noise about her hat at all..funny right???

Re: Similac Neosure

This FM is specially formulated for Premature and low birth weight babies, for 0-12 months. My hb bought it from NTUC Bedok interchange. Mustafa has it too, i saw, but only the big tin...luckily we bought the small tin only, cos Jerlynn cannot digest it very well, it was too thick for her.

David,

Congrats that Danya head scan is good! Keep it going...Danya sure is fighting strongly...

Precious_one/Bloom,

I can't wait to be called "mama" or "mee" for the first time...

Jas,

Jerlynn got confused with bottle teats when 1st weeks she was back and I tried so many brands of teats on her "NuK, Avent No. 1, 2 and 3, Medela, tollyjoy and then Pigeon wide-neck and Slim-neck" Hahahaha...me mad right??? Then after i settle with Pigeon wide-Neck teats as I feel more natural...Throughout this process she rejects my nipple once or twice..then after I settled with Pigeon teats, she resumed as per normal...

gingal, the nurses and doctors said violet doesn't need to be on neosure, just normal formula...thats why we didn't try neosure. i think because she is already quite good weight when birth, and is 34 weekers so doesn't have to be on neosure. dun dare to put her on neosure as well, cause scares too much nutrients for her.

yah lor, now hospitals very strict, i was telling hubby lucky i gave birth liao, else only 1 visitor allows soooo boring.

dm, i am the opposite, haha, i feel babies fatter are cute. maybe i am on the big size too, so i want my kids to be big size too, but of course not fat lar. but babies stage chubby chubby are cute. next time when grows older, must be slim.

afcai, haha, yah, i spend a lot of time with dash cause he is always sick at home, and can't go school, and violet will have to be with my in laws, cause i have difficulty handling two kids at same time. want my life with a toddler and a baby.

YenT, yah, similac and gain iq is richer.

precious one...haha, gf bf the same again! dash also down with fever since thursday. sianz...worse, cough cum mouth painful. he refuses food or milk, cause of pain in his mouth or tooth.

anyway, we brought him to kkh dentist to see, he refused to cooperate. sianz. i never know kkh got dentist. ha. but it has. so next time if any of u wants to let ur kid sees dentist can bring to kkh. very cosy place, it is the same place as the cleft department.

kkf
A is still protecting her mouth like no body biz... very sensitve zone, refuse to brush teeth, so we have to clean it with cloth sometimes, she will fight back! Just returned from United Square, bought an organic tooth paste (orange flavor) that can be swallowed, so will try to encourage A to brush teeth....from Sunday cos tmr I'm working...

A has annual review with her overall doc. in charge next Friday, hope she will fare well! Crossing fingers!

Hi Mummies,

Thanks a million for all the encouragement. Today, Danya weight is 1340gram. She is more receptive of the CPAP and not pulling them so much. Below is a pic of Danya taken 2 days ago.

Hi Jaz,

Well done. Is Xavier already out from the incubator? Xavier is indeed a strong warrior. Jia You.

Today, KKH has imposed another new rule. Only 1 parent allow to visit NICU at a time.

2409776.jpg

precious one
bryan also like that.. i use first teeth. He will shake his head violently and keep his mouth shut. Haiz.. every morning brushing teeth is a struggle.

Helping Daec to post. She has given birth to a healthy little baby boy yesterday, weighing 3.28kg. good weight! CONGRATS!!!!!!!
happy.gif
A FULL TERM BABY!

She gave birth naturally this time w/o epidural! wow!

David, danya is a little warrior! may she be home with u all very soon!

I am still very blur now...yesterday whole day, dash was screaming and crying saying his mouth is painful, even when he was sleeping at night...sianz....

kkf
oh no, poor dash, he must be in real pain....take care!

David
Congrats... very soon Danya will head home.

xbliss
yeah, but A is already 4 yrs old still don't brush teeth...ytd night, quarreled with her cos she placed two hands on the mouth. She is still angry with me this morning... Sigh!

Those days we were so worried about her speech, now she is so argumentative....nowadays, children are very very intelligent .... in many ways.

Daec
Wow, natural delivery to a full term baby. Well Done and Congrats.

kkf,bloom,xbliss
Thanks ya qll the bed rest that time and those painful drip all worth at least I get to keep my baby till full term infact overdue.Gynae was so surprise that I did that cos from what he see will give birth anytime from start of like 30 week cervix was short and keep having cntraction. Lucky my baby manage to stay till 40weeks 3 days.And I delivered her natural w/o epi she was weight 3.49kg at birth. Thanks for all support that time during my down period.
<font color="ff6000">Thanks all mummies</font>

<font color="119911">anyone know where to buy glass bottle caps cos my glass bottle cap (got fr hospital) all rusty liao....?</font>

<font color="119911">aneo</font>,
err...Siang stayed in SCN for 3mth?? my mum also dun like romper said that it will expose their legs and troublesome to wear. so most time, my boy is in shorts and t shirts.

end of this mth, my boy will be 4mth (actual age is 2mth). we are thinking whether to shave him botak or not cos in actual fact, he is only 2mth. anyway, my boy won't stay still so will forsee he will have difficulties sitting for a haircut. unlike my gar, at 4mth, she very guai and can sit still to let barber to cut her hair. then smile at the mirror somemore.

re:hair.
oh..i hope my boy 's hair is not spiky type.

<font color="119911">bloom</font>,
agreed with u very seldom men (hubby) will come to forum to seek advice. even i seek advice and learn something fr forum and share with hubby, he.....hai,, deep deep sigh. tell him like talking to wood cos he just nodded head. sian....

hmmm when kate wanted something, u can ask (force her) to call mummy mah....so u must be flying high when u hear kate calling mama.

<font color="119911">David</font>
thks for the update at kkh.wow, so alert wor... my boy also is gg for a follow up checkup in the mid of may.

<font color="119911">Jas</font>,
oh...not visiting Xavier...must be missing him then....ai-yo discard yr ebm...so wasted leh...heart pain or not??

gd to hear that Xaview is progressing well. keep it up.

hmm..u still hope for twins huh?? quite 'xin ku' wor....

re:latch on bottle feed
my boy depends on mood. will want to latch on (only latch him once a day) if mood gd. but when my nipple get soften and big big, he will have difficulties to latch on. so I tried to help him but he just pek chek and scream, gek till face red red. so in the end, give ebm to him.

<font color="119911">gingal</font>,
re:powder.
my mum is a powder queen. for my no#1, depsite, i told her that powder not gd when bb inhale but she still stubbon will powder my gar all over till face etc. not my gar is toddler, she still do that esp place lot of powder in her p area. she dun want to use nappy rash cream. so now my no#2, told her not to use powder cos doc said he cannot apply anything due to her herinia surgery and he is a premiees. so fr then onwars, she did not apply anything to him. unlike my gar time, consume jing feng shan etc...the only thing, she applied to my boy is ru yi oil during his first 2mth but now no more cos my boy farts a lot.

this week, my boy knew how to rub his eyes when sleepy liao. my boy only like his smelly handkerchief only.same same, one of the days, i found my boy out of his slp postion, roate or move to almost the corner of playpen.

re:latch on.
yup, even woman how tired we are still can wake up. my hubby hor will doze off when feeding/burping bb. so angry and it's kind of dangerous man.... so u latch Jerlynn during night time?? did u pump after that?

re:fever
yup, fever gone the next noon loh. first doze of jab not so strong yet comparing to sec and third one.

re;hats.
hmm werid wor...regardless outside or not, as long as there is something on his hats, he will shake away if he can't he will scream. unlike my no#1, she luv to put on hats.

re:neosure similac.
hmm why not diluate the milk? hmm..me never saw it in ntuc wor...maybe only in big big ntuc.

<font color="119911">kkf</font>,
oh...haa...yup, one of the forum mummy i heard fr really can manage well with a toddler and a bb wor....(age different 2 yr). really super mum.

hmm..did u bring violet hm every night then?

<font color="119911">Daec\caca</font>
congrats!

afcai,

I shaved Jerlynn Botak at corrected age 1 month old...keke..very nice, I like...Her hair thinned out and turned brownish, thus gotta shave off so that will grow out nice. It's been 2 weeks since we brought her to salona nd shaved, her spikes grown out nice and thick and black now...but some parts of her head like not much hair, so I am considering shaving her again months later...hmmmm...

Re: powder

Wah...ur mum really likes powder ah...as long as your girl is ok then shld be fine...we just wanna take pre-caution...
As for me, I don't even dare use powder on myself now, not even perfume when we go out, my hubby also use less perfume...
happy.gif

Re: Ru yi Oil

i thought fart alot then must apply more Ru Yi Oil to help the air get out more as stomach got wind? Hmmmm

Jerlynn also knows how to rub her eyes liao, and she will respond and giggle and laughs and look at us when talking to her, but she cannot focus too long looking at us, will wander off to her wonderland at half-time. I think our babies development should be almost the same as we are both supposedly be March Mummies!
happy.gif

Re: Dozing off when feeding

Aiyoh, I feel abit "Chan Kui" cos I also will doze off when bottle-feeding Jerlynn and latching when lying down...really tired man, and looking at her drink with eyes closed, lagi will spur me wanting to sleep...I usually latch her nighttimes, but recently seldom do it liao, and I do pump after latching...cos she will not clear my breasts for me leh...
sad.gif

Re: Neosure

i already diluted the milk and she still indigestion...cannot further anyhow dilute, my mum say will get diarrhea...*dunno*

DaeC and caca,

Wow, so nice, Congrats and u have done so well!

Sharing Jerlynn's Botak-head Pic here:
2412648.jpg

gingal ur gal is sooo cute and chubby.
happy.gif

afcai, i admit i am one failure mummy who can't handle two kids at the same time. I will go crazy, with one 4 years old keep asking for attention, and another 3 mths plus having problems drinking milk, and also keeps asking for attention, wanting to be carried.

i admire those mummies who can handle 2 or more kids at one go. I am just not a mummy who is fit to be a housewife. I will go crazy.

Yah, we will try to bring violet home every night, maybe just put her to stay overnight 1 or 2 nights.

Time flies. maternity will end soon, and will be back to work on 11th May.

Dear All,

Xavier is 1602g today! NUH has informed us again that we can go visit with an approval letter from them, daily from 12pm to 8pm, i am so glad and relieved! My husband is finally coming back next week to SG after 2 months in Shanghai, it will be frustrating if he cant visit our son after so long, hehe.. Btw, Xavier is trying to be completely off Cpap today, and on canula only. Hopefully he can tolerate well and then we can move on to bassinet from incubator...really cant wait!

Gingal,
So, sometimes u give EBM, sometimes u latch on? Can pigeon wide neck teats fit with Avent bottle huh? I bought quite a few avent bottles leh.... Btw, Jerlynn is so cuteeeeee and chubby...i feel like pinching her cheeks, haha! U should share the "stressed look" pic here, that one is really good!

Precious One,
Did Angel have any other compliations other than the trachestomy operation she went thru? Wish her all the best for the annual review
happy.gif

David,
Wow, Danya can hold her own pacifier, impressive! I wish my little Xavier can do the same, he cries a lot when he is alert and will only stop when pacifier is given! He will want me to hold pacifier for him as long as he stays alert.....it can take more than half an hour....hand ache man...

Daec and Caca1983,
Congratulations~~~~~~~ Above 3kg is so good
happy.gif

Afcai,
U can get the caps from Mt alvernia retailed pharmacy. They are selling at 0.76cent each, 5% discount if u buy 100 or above.
I havent seen Xavier for 3 days, will go visit him tmr! I only discarded 240ml, still okay lah, better to play safe mahh....
About twins, i never thought of having twins until i had them in my tummy...Then the imagination started, about raising 2 twins up together and all the fun...THen the dream crashed when Issac passed away.......So, to have a twins again maybe is to fulfil my unfulfilled dream? Even though it will be quite unlikely since to have 2 consecutive twins pregnancies is quite rare...need to pray hard..hehee...Anyway, no matter one or two, jus hope next pregnancy will be full term~~~~ I am not as strong as KKF.......(salute to KKF once again)

Jas,

Yah i used to only latch about once a day but recently never liao, cos tired to latch her, she drinks faster with bottle...keke

Yes, the pigeon wide neck teats fit Avent Bottles. Actually I was told that Wide Neck Teats can fit all wide Neck Bottles and all narrow neck teats can fit all narrow neck bottles. I am using the Pigeon teats on Avent Bottles, so No Problem for that!

Here goes Jerlynn's "OMG I'm so Stressed up, Headache" Pic...Wahahaha

Background story: Her Godma and me were taking her pics while she was taking her bath, and she was so irritated by us...Kekeke

2414411.jpg

Hi mummies

Long time no post as i am really damn busy with my 2 twins. They are already 4months+ now (corrected age) Some updates of their photo here
happy.gif

2414493.jpg

2414494.jpg

precious_one..ahahah.. can understand... urs was a very longgggg wait... my gal also now rejecting brushing... i just hope it wont cause her teeth to decay!

Jas..wahh..so scary if parents canot visit theirs bbs at nicu... luckily they lifted the order...

david, thanks for the info.. means must try to be there earlier for temperature check..

gingal, hahaha.that OMG picture is SO CUTE!!!!!!!

kkf, the dentist at kkh needs to make appt? are the doctors nice ?

afcai, kate is not as chatty as tx..no way i can force her to say anything! which date is ur boy's appt? i will be there on 13th may PM...

girl80, ur twins are so sweet...and such fair skin and big eyes.. *envy* *envy*

morning all,

how was your long weekend?

gingal,
jerlyn is not fat la. she's still a bb. when ws was ard tat time, oso v fat heehee, fat till can't c her neck, cos got triple layer of chin haha .., but now..weighed her last week, she lost another 200g. sigh. soooo difficult 4 her to cross the 11kg mark (she's 3yr 2mths alrdy), but drop 200g within 3 days of sickness..she really has no reserve, can't afford 2 fall sick.

did i tell u i love jerlyn's double eyelids?? so envy.. hope my ws' double eyelids can come out clearly soon. now is barely visible on 1 eye haha

daec,
congrats!

precious one,
hmm...y not let her choose her own toothbrush? let her choose a cute cute design 1, maybe can encourage her to brush teeth. doesn't she brush teeth in sch? well, juz got to try ways 2 encourage her lor. b patient..

jas &amp; david,
congrats on the improvement of xavier &amp; danya..

girl80,
cute babies.. with big round eyes too.

kkf,
if u notice, i pref kiddos with big round eyes (best if with double eyelids), rather than fat bb haha

posting below 3 pics of ws @ birth , @3mths &amp; .. gingal, can c wat i mean by fat then skinny? david, sorry, 4got to go home &amp; search 4 the pic which i mentioned earlier..
enjoy

ws @1mth
2414620.jpg

ws @3mth
2414621.jpg

ws @36mth
2414622.jpg

Back