Premature babies support group

Need some advise.. Tdy the baby doctor say Jeriel had some bubbles in his lung n placed him in open... can i know if this is serious?

Josiah ducts in the heart is larger tdy n doctor put him on medication... i really hope he can absorb the medication well w/o side effects as he is the weakest... it hurts me to see him like dat..

Mattias started to try feeding, hope he can cope with the feeding.. i tried ebm to them but like so diluted and amt is sooo pathetic.

Hi Jas,

Great that Xavier is able to start bottle feed, the teat looks so big
happy.gif

Wow...200 - 400 ml BM each time, really envy...

I delivered on 9 Apr and did my massage in the 4th week
happy.gif

Bloom, yes, was thinking that would be cute to have same haircut for them, but maybe parting diff sides so can differentiate them more easily
happy.gif
But the best way for now is still to dress them in different colours, esp when we're so tired at night and not sure who had milk last!

Hi Sam,

Reality check. When Doc place Jeriel out from incubator, they need do more closer monitoring or intervention. I suggested you or your DH to check with Doc for an answer.

Medication for Josiah PDA, don't worry, might cause some constipation only lah.

First few dilute drop of EBM are call "Golden Milk" you know. Highest in Antibodies OK. Mattias is going to be strong and powerful after drinking them.

David,

Was thinking about it the whole afternn after getting back from hospital and cant sleep so went back again just now to see them, Mattias stop his feeds as his 3rd feeding seems that he cannot digest.

Hi Sam,

Mattias guts are still not mature. It is norm that Doc will stop feed if Mattias can't tolerate.

Human bodies are highly resilient. Doc will always try to push the limit. If Mattias can take it, they will push more. If buay tahan, Doc will tarik (Pull back).

Think back about Mattias achievement, he has indeed completed 2 feeding right? You know, this is steady achievement by Mattias. Remember to praise Mattias for his achievement when you see him tomorrow, OK?

But you must remember that only with a strong body and positive mind, you shall be the best cheerleader to you boys. OK.

<font color="119911">Sam</font>,
just curious to ask abt triplets.
do u have 2 placenta then since fraternal twins will tend to develop two separate placentas? cos what I know is normally identicaltwins share 1 placenta(correct me if I'm wrong). but it is also very hard to know where yr triplets are identical or fraternal right...read inform on fraternal twins, that they can identified when they are diff sex and have diff blood types.

<font color="119911">Jas</font>,
thks for the explanation on PDA. learn something new wor... Xavier shd be abt 3mth now right....wow, the teats of the bottle looks very long wor...Xavier got thick black hair wor...unlike my prince...golden hair - ang mo kia man....

re:bm.
envy envy loh...so did u set alarm clock to pump (I do...) if not think my bb is the alarm clock or else I will miss my scheduler to pump. gd wor....how long do u pump per session? dun u get engorge after 6 hr without pump since yr bm is super gd. that's why that mummy wanted to reduce her pumping. so far, my highest hit is 195ml this week for 6hrly....pump till siao for 50mins then can get that amt.

re:storage of ebm.
yup, if ebm expired then will be 'sayang' man....wasted the effort to pump. I saw someone posted in the free thread to give away her frozen ebm. maybe u can do that too.

<font color="119911">gingal</font>,
how much do u pay for Jerlynn shaving hair cut? last time, I paid $4 for my no#1 shaving hair cut at the barber shop.

I agreed, think they are not profession enu and daring enu to shave NB hair....even when I brought my no#1 to the salon, the uncle asked if she can sit still. my mum said, she very guai and not to worry. so do Jerlynn move during shaving hair time?

oh...cute wor, slp also stick out tongue. my boy only luv to wink (oh, not gd wor...next time kept winking at gar...). he will close one eyes and another eye open. sometimes, he slp also like that. haa..even SCN nurse also know Jerlynn pattern....

yeah, think when we are tired, we tends to lost out patient and ctrl of temper. that's what my hubby does. y'day, he kept scolding my boy during feed saying that give him milk wanted to slp, dun give scream. it took him 1hr to feed my boy (i was pumping) and another half an hr to burp.

re;teat.
how much is the pigeon teats? cos avent teats (pair) cost $6(if got 20% sales then will be $4.xx).

re:pump.
haa...yeah. I was also pondering if she reduce to 6hrly pumping now, won't her b engorged and dripping...

hai..actually wanted to give up but think of cost of fm and the benefit of bm make me gg on. so tired liao. can't imagine when I return to work middle of next mth....juggle with 2 kids (luckily, mum help if not...), pump, work stress etc...

re;pacifier.
did u give this to yr gar? we no choice but give in.unlike my no#1, we did not give pacifier, end up sucking 2 fingers to slp. so now, I must made sure, no#2 dun suck finger.

<font color="119911">David</font>,
nice saying abt yr wife wor...sian, my hubby tease me that see I'm grow fatter each day. so disheartening and will tell him it 's bec of u after giving birth.

<font color="119911">Bloom</font>,
hmm...kate is brave wor, unlike tx so timid. so we always use scared method to scare her so that she guai guai.

hey, u look very slim after having kate man....unlike me...see me ok but in fact, got bloated and big tummy...all hidden liao. so dun sare to wear dress man....

<font color="119911">disneymickey</font>,
same same, my boy also can't see his neck.

<font color="119911">xbliss</font>,
agreed with what u saying abt men...hai...blame it on men if our kids so sticky and bonding with us yet hubby can complaint that kids (happen to my no#1) dun want him.

wow, trying to catch up with the posts!

david, wowowowow, such a loving hubby, telling ur wife even if she is the fattest woman, she is still ur lovely wife. *envy* great hubby. ur wife is very lucky to have u. Danya is getting cutter everyday!!!

xbliss, understand ur fustrations...usually guys are like that,not much patience (except i think for david! haha). thats why people always say mummy is the greatest!

but in my family, direct opposite, daddy is the greatest! haha. cause i am the one who is very impatient. thats my character. when somebody falls sick, i will scream and scold. bad mummy.

Sam, dun worry, before u noe it, your triplets will be back home...along the way, doctors will say this and that, and scare u, but your triplets will overcome all obstacles and be back home! cheer them on, and give them ur fullest love and support.

Wow, jas, congrats! xavier to doing well! bottle feeding now!

afcai, saw ur pix in your elder's blog, pretty mum leh, and dun think u need to slim down anymore, envy.

maykel, wow u fast u think of slimming down. i shd be the one thinking, cause after nearly 4 months, still has excess 10 kg to shed...sigh.
forever the 10kg. and i am going back to work next tues...dunno how to face people. haha.

afcai,

Haha i have not ask my docs whats the blood type for all 3, i only know Josiah blood type is O.

Yes i only have 2 placentas, the identical share 1 placenta. Mattias is his own placenta.

Doc is able to trace them during ultrasound, and my ultrasound usually is 1 hr.

David,

Yes, he is indeed a good boy. My DH usually will talk to him at the hospital..

I hope he can take feeds again soon..And hopefully my other 2 also and most importantly they must get well.

Im feelin better as per previously i shivered everytime i see them, now im more confident in seeing them and i know i need to be strong to cheer them on.. Hope they can be like Danya and Xavier the warriors.

sam
take heart. they will be home in a matter of time. You have a lot of other tasks to see to in the mean time, incl taking care of your own health. Don't neglect yourself cos the road ahead is long, esp with 3 bubs!

Sam,

I know how you feel. First 2 day since Danya's birth, my life was in a total darkness. Diana in WICU, Danya in NICU. I was questioning myself, what have I done, why my wife and daughter have to go through all these sufferings. I wish I can trade my life for their safety.

Darkness in my mind creeps in so bad. After every visit, my heart was so badly torn. I would find a corner to pour everything out.

From the day when Diana was admitted to KKH until Danya was born, I lost a total of 6 KG in 6 days, I slept less than 2 hour everyday. My body was totally devastated. My body was reaching the breaking point.

Day 3 after Danya's birth, I tell myself, if I fall, my mum will fall, my mother in-law will fall, my lovely wife Diana will fall and our lovely Danya will also fall. I tell myself that I will never allow this to happen. Things happen for a reason in life. If this is a journey that the whole family must walk, let me be their guiding lamp. Let us walk into the journey of the unknown. Let us fight strong and brave and give our mightiest effort without any regrets.

From that moment onward, I tell myself, I will not fall. I must make my body strong. I must eat and sleep well. I will fight fearlessly against all challenges.

Remember Sam, we are all pillars to each other. You are a pillar to your boys and hubby. Your hubby is also to a pillar to you &amp; your boys. Your whole family are all pillars to each other. Remember, NO PILLARS SHALL BREAK NOR FALL.

Remember Sam, POSITIVE &amp; STRONG MIND NEED A STRONG BODY. This is a marathon. A marathon that you will not regret running.

Remember Sam, You are Brave &amp; Strong.

sam,

no you, no 3 boys. I have learnt that in order to take care of my boy, I need to be in top condition. I paid a high price recently for neglecting my health and coming down with a persistent cough cos i refused to see the doctor. In the end, my boy is down with a whole range of illnesses. i can understand that strong mother love you have now, given that you have come so far with them. But the road ahead is really long, you have lots of love and care for them ahead. Just do keep yourself healthy and they will be healthy kids too
happy.gif

David, Xbliss..

No worries.. so far i have been very brave to face all.. Even my frens also say wah no need wheel chair to walk ? i want to be stronger by the day to support my boys..

<font color="119911">Kkf</font>,
Saw yr blog. Hope Dash will build up his immune system with the chinese medicine loh. also saw the only one chubby violet 's photos leh....upload more photo of Violet lah....

haaa...seems everyone is envy David being such a gd daddy and hubby wor...

ai-yo, where got pretty mum....already put on weight (still got 7kg to lost but gynae mentioned that it is ok not to lose cos that's the idea weight....), waist thicker liao (can wear rubber band pants only....cannot wear my button up pants liao...), tummy bloated esp after meal (looked like 3-4mth preggie), WOBBLy tummy wor (can do belly dancing...:p), panda eyes, more freckles (become pigmentation), more veins at the legs etc....hai..after this labour, think got more allegic man...

I think I did saw yr photos in yr blog, u also slim mah....

Upon yr boy discharge, the blood grp will be recorded into the healthbook loh.
agreed with what xbliss mentioned, do rest as much as u can while yr triplets are not bck yet, u needed LOT and lot of energy to look after them. yr triplets still needed u....

hmmm, can't imagine the tiredness and heavy weight on u when u carry yr triplets with 2 placenta and water bag (how many??)? so that's mean u need to walk slowly right?? hmmm what can ultrasound trace??

what is DH?

hmm but I can see that u are such an outgg person (look on brighter side unlike my hubby felt so lost when my boy sudden popped out) and with all the encourgement words, it really brighten up all the mummies here. thks.

so many threads, got to reply slowly, one by one....

FIrst of all, Sam, I cant agree more with David and Xbliss. Take care of yourself first, then you have the strength to take care of your boys! I remember during those times, i was so worried about my boys, yet I told myself there was nothing I could do except expressing breastmilk for them! So I made sure I got all the rest and good foood to keep it coming... The rest of things are not up to us to decide, it is GOD who decides what will happen next...So lets uphold your babies to our healing Lord. I will continue to keep you in prayers
happy.gif

Xbliss,
i feel your frustrations! U should talk to your husband openly about how u feel....

kkf,
I am also the impatient one in the family, my husband is a very typical SHanghainese man (if u know about their reputation as a "houseman") , i scare next time Xavier will stick to him more.....hmmm...i got to buck up...

Afcai,
Actually identical twins may have 2 placentas for those whose embryos split before they get settled on the uterus. For identical who shares a placenta, the splitting takes place later....after settling down on uterus. Mine is also a sharing, and that was the reason of my complications!!!! They didnt get even nutrients and caused abnormal blood transfusions...Anyway, I am glad Sam didnt have this complications, it will jus make things even worse...It is rather common though. That was what Xbliss was having too, if i didnt remember wrongly...

Xavier's corrected age is 4 days? haha, my original EDD is 5th May. He is still quite tiny for his age, the teats are actually the smallest available....

Re: BM
I never set alarm, i jus agak agak lor since i got to travel to NUH everyday, cant really be on time. I normally pump for 20-30 minutes. I do get engorgement, but when I sleep it is not so irritable....So only the interval for night time is longer, and i normally wake up due to engorgement. But during day time, i try to pump every 4-5 hours, cos the hot waether and engorgment, cannot take it man.... NOw i pump 4-5 times a day.....

I am giving out my milk to a mummy already! SHe is helping to clear my old stocks in the hospital
happy.gif
So far, my oldest stocks are 22th Feb....still got a lot to clear...

hey, can PM me ur blog add also if u dun mind? Do u have facebook?

YenT,
Little Xavier has tiny face, not the tiny teats, hehe! Wow u massage quite early leh, your wound affected or not? I dragged so long, until now i am not even sure if massage will help or not...My tummy slim down a bit but still fat...

DM,
Your girl is so sweet and pretty! I hope I will have daughter/daughters in future too
happy.gif

Gingal
Thanks ! I like his eyes too, but cant decide his eyes look like me or my husband..Hope he looks like me :p

Kath,
Welcome to the thread. Congrats on ur twins!
happy.gif

Maykel,
Jiayou jiayou!

David,
I think we need to intro Xavier to Danya when they are more grown up later.....They fight side by side leh....hehheee....

Last but not least, Xavier was 1706g yesterday. He is back on Canula again, after weaning off for a day. The docs decided that he wasnt ready to breathe completely on his own, so put it back. I am not very concerned, it is just a matter of time
happy.gif
But he did well yesterday, bottlefeed for 29ml out of 34ml in a session, i was so proud of him!

I m going back to Malaysia to celebrate mother's day with my mum tmr, hopefully in the near future Xavier will celebrate with me....(i think so far, hahaha...)

Anyway, happy mother's day to all of you!!!

Sam,

Don't worry too much, I'm sure your babies will be in good hands...It will be like a roller coaster ride but they will all survive through...

afcai,

Shave hair:

Hmmm...we paid $13.00 which includes my hubby's niece cutting her fringe. I assume $10.00 for shaving hair?
Jerlynn slept throughout the session loh, the lady was fast and gentle and good...didn't disturb her in her dreams...U see my Facebook pics, she is sleeping while shaving..keke

Wow, ur boy can wink wink ah? keke, sure is a charmer next time..cheeky cheeky wor

Teats:

I think pigeon teats also same price as AVENT...I forget liao leh ;)

Price BM vs FM:

I think my BM costs more than the FM, calculating the amount of fish I eat daily, and I am almost always hungry and eating after pumping, and thus the milk, milo, biscuits etc etc...
Hmmmm....If i stop eating or eat/drink lesser, my milk will decrease..dunno why...

Pacifier:

We tried to let Jerlynn suck on Pacifier, but she hates it..she will suck a few sucks and spit it out, then if we try again, she will gag and act like wanna vomit.
She love her thumb and fingers more than the pacifier, and now she will use her thumb or finger to dig inside and will either hurt herself or gags and scream...
sad.gif

I also dunno how to stop her from sucking her fingers, my hb say put mittems, but worse thing is she licks her mittens...Yucks loh

Feeding Problems:

She just learnt a new trick passed 2 weeks, she will shake her head and turn her head away or use her hands to push away bottle or teats if we try to feed her and she don't want.
*Shake head* Since the day she learnt this trick, she has been drinking lesser milk...halfway through her milk, she will push bottle away or gags it out... or curl her tongue and roll it around the teat and play with it, instead of sucking..now feed her very tiring, will drag to 30-45mins...***headache*** I used to say she is super fast drinker, now I know liao loh, somethings better not say so EARLY...
sad.gif

She also now like wanna be fed 4 hourly instead of 3 hourly liao...hope she won't lose weight, read somewhere that as babies get older, the feeding intervals will stretch out, as long as nvr lose weight is ok...i'm still monitoring.
How about ah boy? is his feeding more or less?

David,

Your words are very encouraging and u are a Great Hubby and Dad...!!!

Sam,

Take care of yourself, ur boys need u more than anything else...!!!

KKH Cardiac Centre called us to postpone our appt to Novemeber due to the Swine Flu and they want to minimise patrons to the hospital...We are stillw aiting to see if Jerlynn's PDA is closed anot, and that we can't go for the appt, we will not know yet until Novemember...so gotta worry for another 6 months...
sad.gif
We called and spoken to the nurse on our concerns, she said that Jerlynn's case is still not urgent, even if she turned up for the appt, doctor might still ask us to wait for the PDA to close by itself...her advice is to wait til at least the Flu thingy passed then re-book an earlier appt if November is too long a wait...Aiyoh, very sianzz, dunno how...

Next thing is June's Brain Ultrascan appt, hope they will not postpone it, as she still having Bleeding in the brain...haizzzzz Hope all these will passed soon...

David,

Must get my husband to learn from you. You really a good husband and Daddy.

Sam,

You really must take care of yourself first. Your 3 kids need you. A healthy body then can produce good milk. Good Milk can make them grow stronger and healthier. For the sake of yr childern, please take care and be strong.

Hi Mums,

I am only doing my part in this present life. Life could be gone in a blink of a eyes. I have been in this situation myself. Treasure this moment cause tomorrow is another unknown experience. Love your love ones/family and share this present moment preciously together.

OK. Let switch tone. Sound too serious. Hi Mummies, "HAPPY MUMMIES DAY". CHEERS.

Hi Jaz,

We must meet lah. Who knows, maybe can be future in-law. HA HA.

Yesterday doc told us that Josiah n Jeriel will be off ventilator today and like Mattias on CPAP. Hopefully they can breathe well, if not have to be back on ventilator again. Now all 3 are on Long line already. Mattias cannot pass motion so gotta wash for him.. Doc says to clear his intestines so as when he start feeding it will be absorbed.

afcai,

Yes i need to walk slowly now .. Ultrasound can see everything like singleton babies only take longer time only .

what is DH? Darling Husband.

Mummies

Can i check if you take Fenugreek to increase breastmilk? Issit ok to start taking them now?

gingal

True, KKH also called me to cancel A's annual review which was supposed to be on yesterday....so now no date, must wait for them to call me again.

Swine FLu go away!

Happy Mummies Day to all Super Mummies Here...!

David, Father's day will come soon....will vote you Super Husband and Super Dad! Diane and Danya are so blessed to have you as their closest kin!
happy.gif

Hi ladies,
Wow, the thread really moving very fast
happy.gif

Can i ask, do you allow ur maid to feed, bath or handle ur babies? My maid is here not even 2mths and her hygeine still an issue. The problem with her is, she knows wat shld not be done, yet she still do it out of her own convenience (eg, cloth for wiping plates, she uses it to wipe her hands!), very angry with her sometimes. Then everything say she knows, but ended up do wrong things.

My mil insist i let the maid learn, but i dun trust her with my precious gals yet. Then know wat? Tat time my mil alone at home with her as i went to see doc. Then when both cry at the same time, my mil ask her to feed Charlot. Then guess wat? After a while, she say Charlot dun wana drink and just pull out the bottle teat. Pls loh, babies have to coax sometimes right? Then you know how she burp? She burp downwards from the chest to tummy! Was damn angry with my mil but no point scolding her cos its already been done. I'm angry cos at least she must give proper instructions considering this is the 1st time we are letting the maid feed. Some more the maid say everything she know, ended up all wrong, so dangerous right? Can't take her word for it wat. But my mil insist she can't cope if the maid dun help, yet she dun want to make more effort to supervise her. I'm very stress and dun know wat to do, think my relationship with my mil is getting more strained now...

Hi Sam,
Channah was 1.46kg on delivery and she came back after abt 6wks, Charlot was 1kg and came back after 8wks. Channah oso had PDA while she was in nicu and was given medication to close it up. She oso had gut problem and was not digesting well. Charlot had low Hb and was given bld transfusion twice. Initially they oso lost weight, it is until after 3-4wks later that they started to gain weight faster, after their medical issues were resolved. Pls be strong and I'm sure ur boys would be well soon.

I had been taking fenugreek 2wks after delivery, now is my 3rd bottle already. But now my bm is decreasing leh, despite this and fish soup etc....but no harm trying.

Hi YenT,
I've oso tried everything, including the hot towel, but max is 70mls. I thot after latching suppose to get more, but i realised that mine decreases to abt 30-40mls nowadays after i started to latch Channah, so miserable. Aiya, how are we able to get enough sleep? I dun have the luxury of sleeping through the nite, max is 3hrs.

haha, i agree with you regarding both to cry together or one by one, cos my gals oso poo at nite or early AM and so much too! Do you really trust ur maid to feed or handle ur babies?
I had done post-natal massage already, but oni tummy still need to go down leh.

Hi afcai,
re:burp
I will carry my gals for at least 20-30mins after feed whether they burp or not, before putting them down. Think it minimised the er ni. But lately Charlot still er ni nearly 3hrs after her feeds, dun know why, ended up we drag her feeding time. Oh ya, Charlot makes alot of funny sounds after feeding haha..

re:latch
My bm not good all along, the max is 70mls oni wor, now worse, oni 30-40mls....but funny thing is, i'm having leaking despite reduced amt of milk. Got to keep changing bra pads.

I got no time to nap leh, but i oso agree that rest is impt for better milk flow. But wat to do...

re:labour.
I went kk 24hrs clinic and the doc gave me contraceptive pills to regulate the bleeding, then to see doc in 2wks time for u/s. She oso cannot tell me the reason, oni say there's no infection.

hmm...ok, we will monitor and try all sort of teats now before her next appt. Hopefully its resolved and we dun have to request for ST.

re:shave hair.
ya, i oso thinking dun know to shave 4mths corrected age or from delivery leh...hope the other gals can advise. My gals oso love stretching, dun think can keep still oso keke....

re:low HB.
Yup, both my gals on iron drops, multi-vit, folic acid and nutricomp. Charlot oso on mct oil o help her gain weight.

re:tummy
wow, you can do sit-up liao ar? You natural delivery is it? Me c-sect, dun dare to do sit-up leh.

Hi Jas,
My wound oso healed nicely ouside, but inside still pain occasionally. Think cos i always strained myself when i handle my gals. I think its ok to do post-natal massage now, after 6wks can do liao.

My gals are 2 days older then Xavier, cos my original due date is 3rd May
happy.gif

Hi gingal,
Charlot oso likes to play with her tongue, very cute. BTW, now then i noticed that she has cradle cap oso. How do we get rid of it? Must put baby oil then comb off is it? How long must we leave the oil?
Oh ya, Channah always get cranky oso and i oso shouted at her twice, after that felt super guilty, now i oso control myself. Cos she so kelian and look so cute haha...
Thanks, i intend to try pigeon for Charlot too.
wow, ur mil so good ar...envy you, my mil will nvr ever give me one....

Hi David,
Oh yeah, we are having fun, stress, happiness and crankines all mix together haha...you are so sweet to Diana, she is lucky to have you as a hubby. Kelvin never compliment me before...so sad hor.

Ur words to Sam is so encouraging and it touches me too...way to go!
happy.gif
Oh, BTW, Danya is so lovely now.

Hi kkf,
haha..i thot my body is better now, so if can slim down a bit more then good, more healthy oso. Cos else like wat you feeling now, if go bk to work, how to face pple kekeke....me going bk to work in less then 2mths time.

Now all 3 are on CPAP now. Still need to monitor Josiah n Jeriel, if they cannot take it than have to put on the ventilator again. Mattias start feeding today, 1st 2 feeds were prem milk, when i went, i gave bm, after he drink, he throw tantrums, desat n cry.. scare me.. but for few secs...collected their umbilical cord tdy.. can i know how u all handle the umbillical cord?

Hi Sam,

Hooray. Our 3 warriors fight hard. Well done. Another great milestone for the day. Remember to praise them everyday.

When Mattias cry and cranky, the SPO2 will drop and this is norm. Not really desat. On a actual desat, look out for 2 things on the monitor. Both SPO2 &amp; Pulse will dive.

When this happen, don't panic. If the nurse is not around, clean you hand, open the window of the incubator. Use you hand &amp; pet Mattias lightly. By doing this, you are waking the child up. When our child is small and when they are tired after breathing for sometime, they prefer to sleep and forget to breath. One great talent about preemies, when the forget to breath and when you wake them up, they will instantly go into breathing again. Isn't that wonderful.

Hi Mummies,

Danya update. She is gaining a marvelous 9gram today. Her weight is 1469gram. Danya is on room air since 6AM this morning. Today, she is so cranky. She only cry when we visit her. I guess I have carry her for too long yesterday night and probably, she misses my BO. HA HA.

Hi Sam,

About umbilical cord. Just rinse them with cool water that has been boiled. Soak dry with a serviette. Put them on a aluminum foil and air dry. No direct sunlight please.

David,

Yesterday was the first time my DH hear Mattias cry..though its the 2nd time, the first was at birth. But very soft as the tube still there so dun think can cry loudly too.

Mattias did desat, his SPO2 n Pulse dived and nurse gotta pat n rub his hands and feet for few secs..Its rather scary to see them desat..

The umbillical cord will dry up by itself ? Cause the ones the hospital pass me is very raw. My Stupid DH ask me whether am i mad to keep it.. but some ple do keep it as sourvenir ma.. and some even make into stamps right?

Well, i can only congrat you on Danya's improvement and i think thats the best Mother's Day present for your Diane.

Hooray! Jerlynn can "sleep through the NIGHT" liao, HAHAHA, only that the "NIGHT" is from 8am to 1-2pm!!! She will ask for milk almost every hour from 3am onwards til 8am, and in between gets cranky and sometimes wanna talk and play...Then when dawn, she will "sleep through"...Faintzzzz...totally upside-down timing!!! Just like when I was pregnant with her, she is sooooo active from Midnight until Dawn!!! I am anticipating a hard time to get her know when is DAY and NIGHT! TIRED.....

Maykel,

Cradle cap:
I apply Virgin Olive Oil on Jerlynn's scalp and wait for 15-30 mins, or can put overnight. Then find a fine-tooth comb (must make sure not sharp edges) and comb the scaly scalp out gently. Alot of work, cos it won't clear off one time. Must do couple times. Don't comb too long at one time thinking u want to clear it off totally, stop when the part of the skin turn reddish, and do it again 2 days later bah. First time I did it, I was anxious to comb off everything and turn out Jerlynn scalp become very raw and reddish...and when I wash her hair, she was like very uncomfortable and pain...
sad.gif

The cradle cap will not clear and will come back and I read somewhere it will continue come back until maybe when baby is 6 months of age. BTW, it is so easy to comb off now since the day I shaved her head...kekeke...

About your MIL and Maid, I think maybe babies has just been back and thus I understand how anxious you are now esp. on baby care...

I must say I think U are very fortunate liao to have your MIL and Maid to help, and can have max 3 hours to sleep is a luxury...I still remember I barely slept for 1.5 hours when Jerlynn first came back. Relax gal, and tell yourself soon they will get the hang of it and do the things the way you want soon, just need extra efforts to "teach" them...
happy.gif

Sam,

The cord is still in my bag and I forgot to pass to my MIL to keep, haha, I intended to throw away but she says to keep, she kept for both her older grandchildren, thanks for reminding me
happy.gif
The cord are soooo small right? The hosiptal pass to me already dried up liao...Hmmmmm

Re: Crying

I was really worried about Jerlynn as we did not hear her cry in the NICU/SCN for weeks since the only one time at birth. Nurse took 3 tubes of blood for blood test and she also never cry...I was so panicky since then and almost everyday will ask the different nurses if they hear Jerlynn cry before, they always reassure me that Jerlynn knows how to cry....Now I am very ASSURED!!! Hahahaha..dunno is it premmies cry very little???

David,

Danya is doing good breathing on her own now...so glad for both u and Diane, u must be real happy...I still remember Jerlynn when put on Open-Air she lost weight for almost everyday for a week...Danya is doing well with breathing on her own and still gaining weight...Yeah!!!

About missing your BO, I think she really can recognise ur smell bah, and "Yang Owh" loh...so sweet....Ppl say Girls more "Yang Owh", and I think I agree...

Hi Sam,

Not to worries. If desat less than 20 sec OK. The monitor are definitely more panicky than us.

Umbilical cord will sure dry up by itself. I still remember looking at Danya umbilical cord. So White &amp; so small like what Gingal said.

Hi Gingal,

This is the 3rd time Danya is on room air. I guess she like the phrase "PRACTICE MAKE PERFECT". Ha Ha. I also think so, girl are more "Yang O". Today, I make sure I took a super long shower before I see her, if not, cry again. True enough, she indeed enjoy her nap. Not as cranky as yesterday.

TO ALL MUMMIES

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY. Mummies are the greatest. Cheers.

I receive my best Mother's Day present today, my 3 boys are finally on feeds already. Mattias have increase to 3ml today. Can't wait to see my boys getting fatter now....

Happy Mother's day to all!!

Hi Sam,

This is only 1 of the Best Mother Day present. Many many more to come.

Our 3 Warriors, Mattias, Jeriel &amp; Josiah have won another strong battle. They are truly pocket Hercules. Small &amp; Powerful. Cheers.

xbliss, understand ur frustration.. men are so off-family sometimes i wonder why they got married... its something even the govt recog (tat it contributes to failing birth rate) ..

sam, i think bm diluation is due to the food u take..maybe u take alot of water, not less soup/juice? congrats on ur boys being on feed!
happy.gif

YenT.. ahahha... if u give them diff haircut they will look like mirror images.. :p

afcai. ahhaha.maybe cos kate canot understand 'fear' not that she is fearless :p i also got big tummy mah (thats why u never see me wear dress too!) i tink u r slimmer than me... !

gingal, wah..ur jerlynn always have such cute actions! :p

gingal, precious_one, funny, i still get sms reminder for kate's rehab's appt this wednesday.. seems that they are not postponing it leh...

david ..wah..u r so li4 hai4, knows how to react! kudos!
happy.gif

btw, any mommies/daddy knows of any brand of milk bottle that is > 8 OZ? peferably bPA-free / glass AND wide neck?

fedup with avent bpa-free which keep leaking liao..going to get new bottles might as well buy bigger size since now kate is drinking about 7 oz liao...

bloom,

I knoe why the milk is diluted cause its colostrum than transitional milk. I am only starting to have mature milk foremilk n hindmilk.

Im loaded with soup everyday, especially papaya fish soup, milk and red dates water.

My BM is increasing already by abt 10ml everyday.

I really admire those mummies who have loads of bm though.

Hope my supply can catch up to satisfy all my 3 boys.. cause seems that they digest better with bm n not prem milk.

<font color="119911">Jas</font>,
oic...does it mean that having 2 placentas better than 1? hmmm if sharing, think bb will fight for the food?

oh, 4 days only?? so early wor.... teats look bigger than what my boy used to have in scn.

re:bm
normally, wee hr bm is lesser right?? oh...at least, yr milk supply supply gd wor....pumping 4-5times = to twice I pump. envy...I also do kept frozen ebm(currently, have 27 bottles). since yr supply so gd, storage will be a problem, gd that u donate to others for yr ebm. better tp clear the Feb one as soon as possible cos the longer the ebm kept, the lesser nutrient it will be. for me, currently, am taking down the April stock and placing the may one (will freeze one bottle alternate day). tough my bm supply not so gd but still can meet the demand for my boy (boy currently consuming 120-125ml per 3hrly during day time. night time depending...drink 4-7hrly now).

err..facebook again, me blur blur on this leh. I was 'force' to oppen since many of my frenz has it. till now, still dunno how to use. (attn to gingal- I dun seem to know how to go and view yr Jerlynn photos loh but will try to see if got time).

u dun accept pm leh....maybe u want to pm me instead....

<font color="119911">gingal</font>,
I paid $4 for the shave only. will be taking my boy for shave end of the mth or early jun. hope, he dun move so much.

wow, Jerlynn so gd gar, slp thru session even hair cut. my cow prince hor....touch a bit (pull down his short when it rolls up), already stun him. but y'day, it is exceptional, he slp like log fr 8pm+ to 6am+.

haa...he also luv to peek, will open and close one eyes during his pretend to be slp (will upload the photos then..mangage to capture that...).

re:teats.
I have BN pigeon bottles not used, only use for storgae of ebm. so wondering how to lok at the size of the teat? what is the biggest size teats for pigeon wide neck bottles( what is S, Y size??). unlike avents one very standard size 1-4.

re:bm vs fm.
ai-yo...do u put on weight then since u always hungry...I managed to shed 10kg but still got 7kg bck to my pre-preggie weight. I do get hungry at wee hr so drinking milo, biscuits or apple.

sometimes even i ate much but due to lack of slp,milk supply will be low.

ask u wondering how u can pump while looking after Jerlynn. but if one ispumping half way, then bb cry, still need to attend to her liao right...what do u do? how many times u per per day? now, me pumping 5 times during weekend, 4 times during weekdays. of cos, pump 5 times will get more ebm.

re:pacificer.
it depends on the timing. my boy dun always want pacificier. haa...Jerlynn use thumb or finger dig....aiyo..my boy try to use fist to place into her mout but can't reach. dunno bec of his fatty neck or shorter hands. then he will suck side of his hand(got sound somemore).

my no# 1 (29mth) still stuck 2 fingers to slp. one of her finger got thick layer of skin liao. we kept on scare her say that her fingers got shit (cos she accidentally stain it with shit when she poo). hope, the message will get into her and wean her finger sucking.

re;feeding.
same same, only recently, my boy alos shake shake head , use heands to push away and even charm u with his smile. really bu ta han him.

then I will make sure he competely drinking my ebm cos my mum or hubby will said ok lah, dun want dun want. i will take him to a quiet corner or walk ard the hse then he will drink. think also kind of 'hong xin' too.

dun let Jerlynn slp so much during day time.

re:lose weight.
now, bb are chubby. after 1 yr old or after the completetion of the 3 doses of 6 in 1 jab (3-6 mth), bb fats will lose. this happened to my no#1.

his feeding is now is 3-3.5hrlly for 120-125ml of ebm during daytime. night time depends ranges fr 4-7hrly. like yday, super gd, his last feed is 8pm+ (100ml only cos usually after 7pm, he dun drink much) then slp till 6am+. hope, he can be like that...haa..cos y'day afternoon, he KPO dun want to nap see his jie jie walk here and there then eyes kept follow her. then he still to coo too(not much coo). last 2 days, his last feed is 0530pm and 6pm+ and slp all the way to 12am-1am then wake up for feed, so timing varies during night time. if I give fm then i will be shiok cos can slp longer but no leh...me still got to wake up at 3-4am for pump.

hmm...can postphone the check up till Nov till so long meh...how they check whether the PDA is closed? xray?? oh...bleeding in brain...how they resolve it last time before Jerlynn discharge?

<font color="119911">xbliss</font>,
same same, yeah David gd wor...hai...

sickening man, u know, hubby told me if I wanted to stop bf, just stop. I told him if so, he pay for the fm for my son (me not buying cos I already paid fm for my gar liao....). think he is tired to help to sterlise the glass bottles at night etc.... really quarrel with him (voice out all unhappiness, tell him to be more auto cos got 2 kids liao, i told him dunno when I will collapse if he dun auto(ned to tell him what to do....) help, me still need to moo moo etc...) y'day (sad mother day...) to wake him up.... so angry man..

<font color="119911">Maykel</font>,
my mil also dun trust the maid who employ to take care of fil too....she dun let her cook, dun let her wash plate (say not clean got liquid powder). so the maid quite 'eng' sit there and follow fil then. only thing she helped to mop the floor. so think for y r case, hope the maid will learn as time pass....maybe give her at least a mth. ask her to repeat what u said (by action or words)or ask her what she understand (dun just nod head) by demo. err..burping chest to tummy...hmm....yr mil did not stop her meh....

dun stress, think yr mil also need to refresh how to look after bb. give her sometimes...same goes to my mum too when I had my no#1. got so much unhappiness with her etc...now, she ok liao, gd wor...good helper. so give her sometimes...cheers.

think u lack of slp and not eating properly, that 's why bm dropped? u gd....max 3hr...I only slp max 2hr if not 30mins.

tot, yr bm gd since beginning since u on the pills mah... hmm..leaking only when let down is it??
do u eat more nturient food.... tell yr caregivre, to give u A 30mins power nap will do.

oh...contraceptive pills not gd cos will SURELY reduce and affect milk suppy. mine still got spotting once a while. but weather hot, get more rashes.

re"shave hair.
like my boy coming to 4mth (corrected age is 2mth), will shave him end of the mth. hope he will sit still.

re:low HB.
mct oil is it place into milk too?

re;tummy.
yeah, natural. boy just slip out.

hmm..yr edd is also may wor....so yr gar only few days only (correct age).

hmm cord still must sun meh, tot by the time, nurse pass to us already dry. I just leave it air opened before kept into the album.

<font color="119911">Bloom</font>,
hmm...but think saw u wear mini shirt right when u meet me to pass me the fm last time. haa u like to wear short exposing yr sexy and slim legs loh. unlike me, see my legs look quite fat leh...got lot of veins some more...hai.....

Avents bottle got more than 8Oz (260ml one and also 300ml or more one...) but dunno consider wide neck. sometimes post at ebay said is is bPA free. hmm...

oic. then must make it dry if not smelly and also will intro bactercia growth.

Jiayou in bf.

Hi Sam,
Good to hear that ur boys are on CPAP now. So fast their umbilical dropped ar? By the time we collect the gals' cords from the nurses, their umbilical cord had dried up. We just put in a small red pkt and keep it. My mum say must keep leh.

Hi gingal,
I forgot, Jerlynn is corrected 1 or 2mths now? You on total BF? wow, she can feed every hr? Channah oso nvr seems to be satisfied after i bf her. Is it normal? Anyway now i oni latch her once or twice a day cos got no time.

Thanks for the advise on cradle cap.
Thanks for your consolation, i thot i was fortunate before i delivered, but after that my mil really disappoint me, makes me feels very stress. She still not very steady at helping yet and we dun let the maid handle babies cos she's here barely 2mths. I can slp few hrs cos my hubby helps at nite sometimes.

Hi afcai,
wow, ur mil hsework also dun let maid do ar, then she really very free. At least my maid got lotsa hsework and baby clothes to wash at my hse. The thing is, this maid can repeat after wat i say and knows how to do, but after that still do otherwise cos she lazy and wants to do things at her own convenience. But no bo bian, have to teach her slowly, else my mum suffer when i go bk to work.
rgding burping chest to tummy, my mil slow to see it until a while later, hiaz...want her to do must supervise closely mah, dun kn why my mil so blur, some more its the 1st time the maid is doing. Tats why i angry but cannot scold her.

ya loh, i think my bm dropped cos of lack of slp and appetite. I cn slp max 3hrs cos i failed to wake up on time for the gals' feeds until their cries woke me up. My poor gals has delayed feeds cos of tat.

no leh, mine was pathetic to begin with, tats why took the med. leaking when i nvr pump for too long, soaked my bra pad abit.
When my mum comes then she prep all the fish and goodies for me and i can nap too. When mil here, she oni buys wat she likes to eat, nvr bother abt me....and i can't rest too, cos she let medo most things when i'm around.

oh really ar? but doc say the pills can stop bleeding leh...now really stop liao. you got rashes at where, breast?

oic...tat means my gals same as ur boy, 4mths is corrected age is 2mths oso.

re:mct oil
yup, mct oil is place into milk, but can feed directly rom syringe too. But Charlot spit it out, so i put in bottle.
yup, my gals oni CA 9 days.

Maykel,

Its in raw form.. like David's Danya's Ones.

its such a roller coaster, now Josiah n Jeriel stop feeding due to indigestion.. will not start tom also..

did u tell the maid that she did the wrong thing? better not to scold her or else she might revenge.not to scare u. heard lot of run away maid and heard fr one mummies that her gar kept on crying when she saw the maid. the maid only came in 2 wk. so then think something must be wrong and she bo biah change maid and the gar ok liao.

do yr gar feed at the same time?

wow, u still can soak bra pad. I bought bra pad but never use cos not much leaking. only leaking when let down but not much so let it stain the shirt loh.

ai-yo...yr mil came to yr hse for holiday?? heard fr one of the mummies that her mil came to do confinement for her but in the end, most of the task are done by the mummy. so fed up. the mil still got time to rent dvd to watch....ai-yo. think maybe u tell yr hubby to tell his mum to help out loh....

yup, the pills sure can stop bleeding one. cos when I had my no#1, after I wean off bf for a yr, my 'auntie' gone haywire - reporting non-stop till 3 wks till spotting and spotting. so end up go A&amp;E and doc inject me and given the Norethisterone pills. I took 3 tablets each day for a wk and then stopped bec I felt nausea then. so I went to ma kuang and then the chinese physican prescribe me some medicine to regular my menses. so after consuming the medicine (in powder form) for 3 wk, my menses is bck to normal.

yup, 100% sure, the homo cum contracptive pills will affect the flow of bm supply. it will reduce the bm. hmm...maybe u want to consider gg to TCM?

re:rash.
chey chey...on breast. now, this b very precious, a production of food for my boy wor...:p. weather hot so rashes below p area, side thigh and neck too. sian....anyway, went to see doc and prescribe some cream for me to apply. now better liao but still itchy.it happened twice liao.

oh...yup, yr gar only older than my boy 5 days only. wow... yr edd date is may and u given birth on Jan. that's very early leh...for yr arrival of yr darling - only 6mth??

<font color="119911">gingal/maykel</font>,
since yr bb are on iron drops, just want to know do u add water to the 3-4 drops of iron drops? cos doc mentioned that cannot mix with milk cos later iron cannot absorb. so fast, my boy on iron drops for 1 mth liao and I usually added 10ml to 3 drops of iron drops. I forgetton to ask doc how to let bb consume iron drops. haa anyway, the iron drops smell....can't stand it just like my iron pills when I am on it for a mth after delivery.

Hi Sam,

Not to be too worry. Doc is always pushing the human body limit. Now Josiah &amp; Jeriel can't feed becos Doc wanted their guts to rest and not to over strain them.

Continue to believe in your 3 warriors. Let's fight another day.

hello! going back work later! sianz...with my fat fat body, really doesn't want to face the world! hahaha.

but still has to...sianz sianz sianz...

after stopping work for 10 months plus almost a year. going back work is like something new, a bit excited (yah yah) and nervous leh. but the thing i am most concern is they will garna a shock seeing me putting on 10kg! sob.

wow, thread moving fast. but i see this postphones of appointments? i actually requested kkh to bring early dash's cardio appointment to early june, and the agree leh cause i told them the padetricians told us still has loud murmur.

gingal, saw about jerlynn new feeding style. well, violet has that style ever since she is 2 months old.

David, how meaningful words you said. yah, we have to treasure the love ones besides us. those work, those other minor stuff can wait. but our times with families are most important, cause u never know what will happen tomorrow.

So hack care all the fats in me! haha.

Congrats to the acheivements to Jas, david and Sam's babies! May they continue to strive well and be home soon!

afcai, yah will post more photos of violet in my blog!
happy.gif
but actually most of the time she is with my in laws. bad mummy! haha.

good leh, u still has 7kg but still acceptable weight. when i had dash, also like that, i still had extra 5kg but i dun bother to shed cause it is acceptable weight. but now i must really try hard to shed off my 10kg, cause i am OVERWEIGHT. sianz...hope going back work will slim me down...

Hi Sam,
Oic....
yes, it would be a roller coaster for some time, cos ur babies need time to adjust themselves accordingly. The other time, Channah oso had indigestion and has greenish aspirate, her feeds was oso stopped for a few days before re-commencing. But doc cannot tell us any reason oso, only say its due to immaturity of their gut due to prematurity.
Be patient and positive, things would improve as the days goes by.

Hi afcai,
yes, i did tell the maid several times and she oni know how to say 'sorry'. She herself knows its wrong but still lazy to do the corect way.

My gals sometimes feed at same time, esp middle of the nite, cos we failed to wake up on time, and by the time we woke up, both their feeds are overdue, so gotta feed both together. But during the day, we try to space out if possible.

haha, my bra pad not those kinda soaked thru one, usually got staining only, unless i go out half day and nvr pump then maybe would soaked more.
Why let it stain ur shirt? Just put loh, since you buy liao. But 1 thing i dun like is have to keep wearing bra whole day at home if you use bra pad.

haha...my mil too used to pampered life. She nvr take care of my hubby before, some more she early retirement many yrs ago and since then, had been 'chasing' korean dramas, TV dramas etc. Then she very dependent on pple, everywhere she go need my fil or hubby to send. My hubby oso kinda sandwiched now and he is holding a stressful job, so i dun dare to complain much to him already.

So when you bf that time, you only had spotting, no heavy bleed like mine right? I'm taking Norethisterone now. I was taking TCM b4 i conceive, but now i got no time to go leh...i seeing my gynae next fri, maybe i seek his advise bah.

re:rash
aiyo, tat bad ar. I know its super uncomfy to have rashes there. I had redness in the area before oso, cos tat time i went out and had to put bra pad, in the end, its so hot and sweaty tat i got redness. Ya, i agree, must take good care of our B cos its impt for our babies.

no lah, i delivered in march lah hehe...

My gals' iron drops are added into the milk feeds, this is taught by the dietician and pharmacist b4 their discharge. hmm....i ever heard b4 oso tat iron canot mix with milk, maybe i ask the doc on their next appt.
You mean you add the drops into 10mls of water for your boy? Did he drink? We were taught by dietician not to feed water to our gals cos their stomach is small and if they consume water, they will have no space for milk.

Hi kkf,
Happy working
happy.gif

Hi Jaz &amp; Sam,

How's our warriors Xavier, Mattias, Jeriel &amp; Josiah?
Let us continue to pray and encourage all our pocket Hercules. Let fight strong &amp; brave. JIA YOU.

Hi Mums,

Danya Update. Today, Danya has been promoted to Step Down unit. Danya has achieve her 1.5kg mark. More to come. Danya's ROP has progress towards stage 2. Danya's brain scan today is normal. Picture of Danya taken earlier.

Thanks to all mummies for all your blessing and support. We will continue to fight hard and strong.

2448543.jpg

<font color="119911">kkf</font>,
haa I smile when I saw yr posting man. such an interesting posting u had. haa..hope work stress will slim us down. I felt like I am zombie in the morning and penguin when I walked. sian....u overweight man...fr yr photos (the one family photos) or the one who snapped together with yr 2 kids, u dun displayed a overweight look mah...ai-yo...

re:maid.
nag at her or make sure she know what she is doing.

re:feed.
hmm...dun yr gars scream when overdue?

hmm u go out half day, never pump, won't u engorge? I will only can go out within my schedule timing 5-6hrly only...if not, I scare kana block ducts or else b will be very hard like stone.

normally, per day, stain less than 3 times, at night, no stain unlike my no#1 time, wow, have to plc towel onto both my b (then tied a knot at my shirt to prevent small handkerchief fr dropping) if not maybe flooded the bed. :p. not putting the bra pad bec I went braless at hm mah, more easier to latch on or pump.

yup, no gd to wear bra pad whole day esp at hm cos scare will kana infection or block duct.

re:labour
i'm tbf since day 1 but milk only came the fourth ay. acutally, got milk on third day but just would not come out- kana block duct. so only have heavy bleeding the first 2 days and then now and then got fresh blood (not bleeding type). however, on the third wk of delivery, I got heavy bleeding after my pump. the blood with blood cot (big lump) kept dripping non-stop, gush out like urine, so scary till drip onto the floor. of cos, wash up and rush to kkh. so admitted for monitoring. doc said my case is due to either womb not contracted or leftover placenta. next day, in hospital, history repeat again while I was bed ridden. so 4 doc came and 3 took turn to dig and dig (machiam dig gold) out blood cot. pain wor...but cannot stopped bleeding even with medicine. so in the end, send to OT to do DnC (wash up of womb). so scary.... so stay in hospital during my CL for 3days. then went hm, so scare when pass urine and dun dare to move much. fr that day onwards, I still have mid-frehs blood bleed till end of 2.5mth the become spotting (at least, not fresh blood).so now and then (dunno when), will have brown spotting/

did u tell the doc that u tbf? cos Norethisterone or contracptive pills will reduce bm. gynae dun believe tcm one. when I was admitted to hospital during first trimster for bleeding, i told the doc in charge that i was consuming tcm. he told me tcm no scientific prove etc...

re:rash.
this time, rash better liao unlike the one during CL. batches of burning red one. think due to allegic cos i went to use the antiseptic solution to wash below and then kana 2 days later. so itchy man...

oh...that mean yr bb is 2mth+ (correct age shd be few days only..) mine is coming 4mth (correct age is 2mth).

ai-yo, neonatal doc told me not to add iron drops cos iron cannot absorb when mixed with milk. better to ask. think doc advise better than dietican.

yup, he did consume the water with iron drops. he is given after his bath at 9am+(milk feed at 7am+). so he will still consume his next feeding.

<font color="119911">Daivd</font>,
nice action Danya had wor...placing her hand onto her forehead like saying oh my god....or dun take my photo loh.

Wow, great news david! that means danya is scn now? she has fight well!

Afcai, yah me overweight. My vice p saw me said "wow u fa fu liao" haha... though some colleague out of courtesy said "no lar, still look the same". haha.

Maykel, thanks!

Summary of first day of work, dead beat!

I think bec thruought my pregnancy, I was resting, and almost not walking, my stamina is very lousy now. although after my confinement i tried to walk more, but then, still not easy to regain it. So i was really dead beat, here ache there ache, as being a teacher got to walk a lot. can't sit all the time, else P/VPs walk pass, then die...

End of the day, felt breathless and headache. think I really need to bu bu qi.

Any recommendations. I am eating vitamin C with energy every morning. Stop chicken essence as afraid might be too heaty, vit c plus chick essence. Stop drinking dom as well, as also afraid too heaty...think i go chinese medical store and ask...

tired tired tired....

luckily these two days mum in law offers to take care of violet...else with violet at night, i dunno how to get rest.

Hi Afcai,

Trying to snap a pic of her is tough yesterday. This is the best I can convince her to let me snap a pic. Ha Ha.

Hi KKF,

Wah, you first day of work sound very tough. Vit C is still the best. Drink Red dates with wolf berries also can boost a lot of Vit C. Don't boil as it will cause them to be heaty. Slowly stew in a slow cooker and they will be nourishing.

Danya is still a step more to SCN. Still in transit waiting for connecting flight to SCN. Ha Ha.

David,

Wow.. Congrats.. Danya is looking great by the days..

Im very worried and was so busy yesterday, Josiah had lung infection and his oxygen level shoots up to 35% - 40%. He is on Antibiotics now, Doctor is suggesting to put back the tube again. *sighs* hurts me to see him like that.. and he was even crying quite a bit yesterday and desat every few mins.. Its really so worrying.

Hi Sam,

If Josiah lung is yet to be ready. If may be a good idea to intubate. Let Josiah's lung heal for the time being instead of over stressing. There is always a pro/con of ventilator. Pro as Josiah would never desat, con as it may hurt Josiah's lung. Don't be to worry. Danya was on a ventilator close to 40 days. One the downside, she has a big nostril which is not pretty for a girl. Ha Ha.

Back