Premature babies support group

hi didi,

true hor kekekeke :p. my mum does bring siang out during day time (go downstairs market take free veggie or just go down jalan a bit keke).

He? he just busy looking at the pple. i wave at him, he just smile *pengz*...

Things are different if i go out (at home) without him thou..he will shout very loud (ma ma ma ma) :p. so nowadays if i go out to work from my mama house, i quitely slip out haha.

Jane,
ya, kids are very smart nowsaday
happy.gif
bring them once they will rem
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

i am back to share my birth-story with you... Delivered my twins last wk at 37 weeks. They weighed 2.1 kg each. I was a little nervous before the cesearean op. It was v cold in the operating theatre. I was so happy and relieved when i heard my 1st baby cry ... followed soon after by the 2nd baby!
happy.gif

As they were premature, they were placed in the high-dependency ward to be monitored. The next day, they were transferred back to the normal nursery ward as they could suckle well from the milk bottles... They were discharged together with me on the 4th day and are now resting at home.

I notice that they cry rather softly as compared to the bigger babies in the nursery. In fact, they dont cry much. They just drink milk and sleep the whole day ... Is this common for premmies?

Thanks so much for all your words of encouragement these few months. When I 1st posted here in early Oct, I was really upset as my gynae told me I had signs of preterm labor at 23 weeks which he called cervix funneling... I am so glad I listened to your advice and bed-rested.

To all mummies out there, you're the best ... Guess we all believe that when there's a WILL, there's a WAY
happy.gif

hi didi - indeed siang is 'smart' in that keke.

hello greetings sweet_rose
Congrats on your NB
happy.gif
wow you must be busy with two on hands. may i know their gender?

with regards to volumn... i think that one cannot compare premmies n full term baby. different baby is different.. but so long Neonat does not point out anything, i guess is ok ah. could be your twins is more gentle
happy.gif

Yes, there is a will, there is way! hug hug to you for all the bed rest u toke (not easy but you did it!) yeah! brave mummy!

is it ok to include both your twins in our table of birth data for our group of babies?

Sweet Rose,
True, not all preemies are low in volume when it comes to crying
happy.gif
my younger boy is a loud bb when it comes to crying for milk while in SCN, the nurses even commented that they sure can't miss feeding him as his crying is loud
happy.gif

sweet rose,
thanks for remembering us.......

i cld hardly hear my prem son crying when he was in the incubator..but now at home, i close the room also can hear.....maybe thru time they wld make themselves heard..

congrats on yr delivery...

jane,
haha, thks for asking sweet rose to let us hv her details....haha but dun tink her twins are preemie leh...maybe preterm but of cse we welcome her to join us....

my son wld come down wif me smtimes and when i say bye bye he wld cry haha i m so mean make him cry in the morning....then my maid wld brg him to the play ground..he als vy huay kar....but my mum says tt ever since gg to d playgrd everyday he seems more dong shi hahah..dun noe real or not...
happy.gif

hello costa
happy.gif

keke...:p

oh yeah yeah, i saw that u mention in your boy blog. think play ground really do them good.. i must find one that can let siang play...

hello mommies,

on leave today. went shopping & bought q a lot of stuff heehee.. but not 4 CNY leh.. went gap 2wks ago & there was a 50% sale, but i was hesistant in buying. now i go back, no more sale. but now i buy, 2 tops 4 ws. sigh.

went 2 buy a doll 4 ws' bday present. kiasu mommy hor. but we saw it & tot it's nice, so decided to buy it 1st lor.

got a kipling sling bag 4 myself. like kipling cos i think q lasting. i hav a haversack, which i use when i bring ws out. i stuffed lots of things inside & yet, it's still ok.

sweetrose,
congrats on ur bb.. b glad tat ur bb juz sleep & drink milk. i dun think u wan them to cry tsk tsk. like wat costa say, now close door oso can hear my ger cry..

hi dm,

haha i found something for my boy online (yahoo). is the tricycle (with the guard). I am so excited

hehe...i think you are not kiasu. u just simply love to get things for ws
happy.gif

hi mommies,
Me just came back from Vivocity, yes again
happy.gif
needed some of the boys's tops, so went mothercare, managed to get one, cause loves the wordings, it reads 'Mommy New Man'....Don't tell Daddy, ha, should be 'men' instead
happy.gif
happy.gif
should stop going to malls, too much 'damage' already
sad.gif

DM,
Went to Gap too, the dresses there for girls, so nice, so bought 2 for my niece
happy.gif

good morning everyone!
happy.gif
))

sweet rose, congrats! glad your twins are doing well!

dm, you clearing leave? cause saw you on leave quite often recently. Must have accumulate a lot?

jane! wow tricycle. I bought one 2nd hand one too from one of the mummies in motherhood forum.
happy.gif

I love to buy things for dash too! I think mummmies are all the same.

Going back work, a bit sianz.

Dash should be going to school today finally.

sweet rose,
wah congrats! so glad that all went well and they didnt stay long at the hospital.

think some babies naturally dun cry that much or volume soft. My cousin's babe cry v soft and also sleeps a late. heheh then again, wait till they get older - may cry louder as lungs bigger ;)

my girl use to cry so soft and cute when she smaller at 2kg. Now wahhhh so loud hehe

take care, all e best

Hi mummies,

Thanks so much for all your well-wishes. Now I am a bit freer cos I have a confinement lady to help me look after the twins... My mum told me to rest well these 2-3 weeks as my c-sect wound has not healed properly yet and my body is still weak. . . Hehe, I think the 'real test' will come next month when I am left alone with my new filipino helper (who will arrive at the end of this mth):p ... Any of you also not staying with your parents and hv a maid helping you only?

Thanks so much for inviting me to be part of this premature babies support group. My gynae considers my twins premature cos he said that only after 37 wks then they are considered full-term. He wanted me to try to hang on until wk 37, but as i was having high blood pressure and severe swollen legs, he agreed to deliver me 1 wk earlier.

Jane,what are the details that you need for the birth data chart? I am willing to provide them:

Twins: 2 Boys
Weight: 2.1kg each
DOB: 8 Jan 08
Pregnancy week: 36 weeks
Ward: High-dependency ward (SCN) for 1 day to be monitored when they were born. Followed by normal nursery for 3 days. Then discharged together with mummy

Let me know if you need more details ...
Meanwhile, have a good day mummies
happy.gif

kkf,
ya,got q a lot of leave to clear. but now saving 4 mar, when ws goes to sch. but hor, this lazy mommy here hasn't registered 4 her yet. actually wanted to go yesterday, but hubby say wait 4 his dunno wat card, got discount. n we only received the card last nite. so now i dunno when then will go register. plan to start her in mar.

sweet rose,
ya, ur mom is correct. rest well u can now. of cos, after ur confinement lady leave, u'll b busier. but luckily, u still hav a maid 2 help out. take a step at a time, dun worry. u can make it.

didi,
the shirt words so cute!! haha. bryan still cannot fit most shirts. both the grandmas busy searching all over town for his new yr clothes. ha.. i sit at home shake leg cos i dun really enjoy shopping.

Jane,
i tried NUK.. like not much diff. last few wks bryan milk intake steadily increasing.. but this week steadily dropping. he doesnt drink as much as last weeks but as long as he increase weight i dun really care.. feeding him is a hassle.. take 1 hr to finish like 70ml of milk. haizzzz..

Siang so cute! always go gai gai! ahaha.. these few days i also keep slinging bryan out cos have to buy my lunch and daily necessities. we attract a lot of stares cos he so small in the sling esp he like to curl up. next time bryan also sure like siang.. everyday gai gai!

DM
i breastfeed him irregularly, like when not in time to thaw milk, or when he rejects bottle. He seems to lilke the NUK better though hubby insist on using avent. so end up, he has to adjust to so many kinds of teats! sigh, i guess as long as he drinks, we are more than happy.

KKF,
$10 for a photo is cheap. i got the metro card but all along never bother to take note of the rewards cos hardly use.. now that i shift to Sengkang and metro is so accessible at compasspoint, i use more often already.

oh yar i was wondering about dash "want papa and mummy" thing. is it only happen after he start school? cos for the kids i put into childcares and kindergartens, one or two have such behavior at night or all the time. it's a bit of adjustment for them to not see mummy and daddy for the time they are in school. prob have to keep reassuring him that u 2 will be there cos some of them worry that parents are sending them away. they do not have concept of permanency that well yet.

sweetrose,
congrats! have a fun time with ur babies. are they boys or girls? anyway, 2.1kg is such a good weight. i guess diff babies cry differently. i have heard the softer ones and louder ones in NICU and SCN so i guess it should be fine. u should be glad they arent loud like my bryan.. when he cries, we really panic.

xbliss, thanks for pointing out to me. Never realised that!
happy.gif
Oh, it could be the reason...

Yes, true, I use the metro card very often as well cause compass point has metro!

How come yesterday soooooo quiet leh?

I thought will be seeing lots of posts, but only so few.

Btw, me went to buy a 2nd hand little tikes coupe car for dash. My hubby willl surely kill me. I saw dash enjoyed opening the door of the coupe car, and going in and out of the car so much at Julia gabriel up to the extend of fighting with others! So I thought of getting one for him. But hubby will surely kill me.

Never manage to save cause always buying this and that. Hubby was telling me "how u going to have another one? You going to take no pay leave after pregnant, but you never save!"

Sigh...

Btw, recently heard a few colleague got to induce birth or Cesarean cause their babies are due to come out. I was wondering, so good! How I wish I have that problem of times up but baby not yet out! My problem is times not up but baby wants to come out!

have a great day! thank god is friday!

Btw, dash has been missing from tots house for the whole of this week. Never let him go school since he got cough. Hopefully he will be fully well next week!

good morning mummies

kkf - yeah. forum has been fairly quiet these 2 days. think most mummy busy getting ready for CNY or because new year just started hence all busy with work
happy.gif
oh, hope dash recover fast.

hello xbliss
yes, so long their weight continue to go up up upz its ok. sometime their intake fluctuate. hahaha little bryan sure will love to go out when he is bigger keke. but is ok. which means you will have the reason to go gai gai too ;)

continue to sling him when u go out
happy.gif
its good. then its like hands free ;)

Xbliss,
your hubby so lucky, you don't like shopping
happy.gif
I like to buy myself cause most of the time I don't quite like what the elders gets for the boys
sad.gif
my parents know that so for this CNY (as D&D are turning 1) they give angpao to let me buy for them instead, for my pil, I will still take from them (not to hurt their feelings) but usually not wearing them
happy.gif

Mummies, anyone buy lunch box for putting porridge? i wonder how feasible it is haha..

Details
Flask
- 0.35L Stainless steel flask with matching carrier bag
- Keeps warm and cold beverages
- Keeps content hot – 69 degrees up to 6 hrs and 39 degrees up to 24 Hrs
- Dimensions 7 x 7 x 20.5 cm
- Weights 0.4kg

Lunch Box
- 0.3L Lunch box with matching insulated bag
- 2 storage container + 1 warmer pot
- Warmer pot keeps food warm (47 degrees) at up to 5 hours
- Microwavable containers (covers to be removed before microwaving)
- Dimensions: 10.5 x 17.5 x 9cm
- Weights 0.4kg

1205937.jpg

Jane,
Actually I thot of gtg a thermos flask to contain my boy's porridge when we go outing, did you buy any of those ?
happy.gif
btw, there is a BP gg on I think
happy.gif

jane,
i have a thermos flask 2 put hot water, but nowadays seldom bring out, depending on go where. if shopping malls, i dun bring, cos can alawys ask 4 hot water frm fast food restaurants.

i didn't buy cntr 4 porridge. last time i juz used the thermos flask 2 keep the porridge if i bring porridge out. nowadays, since my ger can eat outside food, dun bother liao heehee

gg for a team building at 3pm. gg orchard. so if any of u c a group of crazy people taking crazy pictures along orchard, i'm 1 of them!

hav a good weekend!

hi didi, i have thermos flask but kept on thinking buying a proper thermos container for porridge haha (in the event need to bring porridge out) :p. yes i copy the above pic from the ongoing BP keke

hi disneymickey
oh... siang can eat outside food but still hope if can, bring his porridge out hahaha

wow have fun
happy.gif
have a good weekend too

Jane,
Actually, I prefer this : -

1206260.jpg

Cause this seems to be fuss-free, my sils are using something like this, for me need to find a bigger one or buy 2
sad.gif
think with the CNY, I would need, cause foresee will spend many time out
happy.gif

hi didi,

oh i spot that too. but thot that the set seem more worth it haha..

yeah i also thinking if can bring porridge out then can spend more time 'on the road' or outside haha. don't need to rush home to eat haha

Jane, thought of buying that as well, looks nice. But then like what disneymickey said, boy can eat outside food liao.

Also, usually if I go out late, I will try to let him two rounds of porridge or rice at home before going out. hee. Thats how lazy i m!

Aiyo, really soooo quiet here.

Btw, me really gotten a coupe car from a mummy from yahoo auction. Lucky hubby never kill me, cause dash quite like it.

aiyo, how come so quiet??everybody bz spring cleaning? heehee.. so u all can c, i'm the lazy 1 here who's not doing any spring cleaning, thus free 2 login
happy.gif

precious,
nice meeting u this morning. 2 bad A sleeping. thanks 4 the bear 4 ws. once we got into the car, she tells ah yi, ah gong tat auntie gave her the bear.. so sweet of u.

btw, wondering any mommy try gerber bath stuff 4 bb? feel like trying..

DM

Alas we get to meet each other so we are more fated than A and WS....hahahaha...boh bian, A is under the influence of her cough medication.
happy.gif
WS is a sweet girl and hopefully she will remember the "sweet auntie" for some time when she sees the bear.....kekeke

Don't know why this year I'm not in CNY mood at all, was telling hubby that we should not buy CNY goodies cos A will create a mess out of it. Worst, she wants to eat what she cannot eat as most of the items have eggs.... I don't even buy CNY baju for myself.....I'm just so tired....only thinking of sleep...cos too deprived....

haha, precious one, you really seems tired.
happy.gif

Do have a good rest.

I have not spring clean too. Just started a bit. Think will have to find one of the weekend to really do some good cleaning.

Anyway, I am thinking of changing school for dash. Half reason, I want to find a good solid school now for dash, so that he can benefit. When I am pregnant with 2nd one (planning to) during year end, may not be able to afford liao, so right now better place him in good school. If I am lucky enough to have 2nd child (or shd I say 3rd), I dun think can afford to place dash in good school as well cause expenses will go up. Another half reason, my mum is very reluctant to take care of my boy liao, thinking of placing him into half day program (not 2 hours in tots house) so that my in laws can help me care for him everyday, and yet not feel tired. Wun let my mum take care of dash liao, she is always soooo reluctant, make me so angry! She is always full of activities, trips lar, dance lar, and doesn't want to care for dash. If I ask her to take care of him say for a week, she will be complaining back pain, here pain there pain. sigh.

I am planning to take a look at character montossori in ang mo kio. Maybe dash got to take school bus, since its not near my in laws place.

I am somebody who wants to settle things fast. I think will make a trip down tomorrow. Else take childcare leave.
sad.gif
Anyway tomorrow my new tv coming, got to have somebody at home. My old one die already.

Dunno what I am talking about. just got lots of things in mind.

Oh! KKF my dd is in Character montossori in AMK! She is in PN1. She loves her school. hee hee....

U can look for Miss Chia. She's nice.
happy.gif

hello mummies,

yes, busy spring cleaning.. my area still under development so everyday is spring cleaning..now more intensive for CNY. also busy stocking up basic stuff for CNY cos very hard to go shopping with bryan.. have to push pram and trolley.. really challenging.

Jane
I like the flasks that u show in the pic. very nice! i saw my sis in law using normal thermos flask too.

yes, i love to sling, but i heart pain when i see bryan hands and legs kena constrained though i think he likes it alot!

kkf
wah.. dash got a new car! haha. i am waiting patiently for the day bryan can hold his head up on his own steadily for now!

relax and clear ur mind before embarking on ur tasks!
happy.gif

morning everyone!

stressed! your gal in character montossori? Good school? Me seriously considering to place dash there. can tell me more?

happy.gif
Thanks xbliss, will try to relax. you have shifted to sengkang right?

good morning mummies

oh the thermos flask haha. decide to give that buy a miss.

kkf like you say, give 2 rounds of porridge then go out.

oh oh, hehe you bought a car for dash..me bought a tricycle for siang hehehe. but is like a white elephant at home (thou my living room is quite spacious but its just not spacious enough)... i shall try to bring the tricycle out to the nearest park or wat so that siang can enjoy it keke.

kkf - come due time, me too intend to place siang in a cc or what because...somehow i cannot be travelling so far to my mum house for too long (plus in 3 years time, my mother is moving to seng kang and while i stay put in jurong). i can understand your situation. hope you find a good school for dash soon.

me read the link story..so sad and yet. that really higlight to me the importance of treasuring all in the family.

hi mummies,
sad start to the day with the story above. but, i really feel a lot..will cherish my hubby & bryan plus teach them how to operate washing machine :pPP.

jane,
my in laws already got a tricycle for bryan like last june even way b4 he born. haaa.. i think have to bring him downstairs if not he will destroy the house with it next time!!

hi xbliss

I gotten say, you have a bright view of things. good to be positive. must learn from you.

OH...bryan already have a tricycle. erh... don't worry, until he can peddle then he will go banging around..siang now is just sitting and letting me push him around haha. my maid think its so fun haha ... but siang does not seem to enjoy going around the small area haha. he rather crawl around the house (see what mischevious things he can do) keke

Hi KKF,

I chose the school because it's the nearest from my mum's place. I'm the worlds laziest mum. Hee hee..

But seriously, I enrolled with no expectations in mind. I don't expect my dd to babble ABC and recite multiplication tables. hahaha...in fact I find those kids who repond well in flashcards at a very early age errie.

My objective is for my dd to be happy and play play play. I strongy believe in learning through playing.

I send my dd there one month before I started work and I sat in class for the 1st week. Morning they do their morning greeting song. Then they split into PN1 and PN2. Then they will play some toys. Soon it's tea break. Then story telling. Then outdoor activity if the weather permits.

This iternary if i'm not mistaken is not fixed.

Oh. The Pn1 class has only 4 babies and 2 teachers so the ratio is perfect. The kids get enough attention and freedom. Sometimes Miss Chia (the centre supervisor) will help out. hee hee...

The teachers are really nice in that they "mother" my dd and shower her with concern. In fact all the teachers (not just hers) are quite motherly towards my dd altough they are young.
happy.gif

oh mich
happy.gif

Advance happy birthday to D&E first ;)

sorry i still don't know how to play with the online fonts. hence a simple message
happy.gif

kkf
Just curious, how do you feel about tots house? I asked my hubby to read the sad touching story. Hope it sets him thinking since he is also a workaholic....

stressed
Í agreed with you that a school with lots of learning through play is a good start for pre-schoolers. I personally feel that the child must love going to school for a start then he/she can absorb better. I can see that A is so happy in school and the teachers have given me positive feedback on her...she is able to participate in the group now and she even help teachers with cleaning up after play. (she is stil messing up at home...kekekeke)

jane/xbliss
Me a lowsy mummy, hubby had been wanting to buy A a car but I kept objecting cos I feel that the house has limited space for her to drive around and I do not have the strength to carry both the car and A down to the void deck.....if only I am taller and bigger and stronger....

kkf,
rem i gave u a sch in sengkang? my fren's son is there & apparently, his wife has checked out the cc in sengkang & found it q gd. u wan to re-condier?

Jane,
Aiyoh, you really early bird, 1st one to wish D&E
happy.gif
I thot I rem wrongly then I scroll back to check, yes... their birthday is on 31 Jan ?
happy.gif
you beat me to it, ha...ha

kkf,
Me and HB have a much simpler wish, so long we can see my D&D thru Uni, I am more or less contented liao
happy.gif

Precious_One,
You meant those battery-operated kind for A, that would be NICE !!!! HB already promised them to get for them last Xmas, I also find that it will takes up a lot of space, especially if need to get 2, we saw a 'beetle' and a 'sports car' at Kiddy Palace....

hello mummies, me on childcare leave today.

My mum doesn't want to come my house to wait for the new tv, so I told her, ok fine, I take leave myself. My hubby also got to go for meeting in afternoon, so I will have to wait myself. Somemore dash is running out of cough mixture so brought him to see doc and get some more, and also get MC so that I can take childcare leave. lazy mummy!

Anyway, manage to go character montessori and cambridge child development centre both in ang mo kio. I find character better as the teacher student ratio is perfect! 1 teacher to 3-4 students!

The cambridge one 1 teacher to 10 students, wow! And there are stairs everywhere (private apartment), dangerous! Their main curriculum comes in the afternoon after nap, by then dash will have gone home.

Precious one, frankly, tots house, I just went in once, and that day, not much teaching, only singing singing singing, the teachers only have two, one english, one chinese, and both are very different in character, one patient, one impatient, so they sort of have arguments on first day. haha.

Disneymickey, cannot put dash in sengkang, dun want him to go full day childcare.

You are right playgroup is for children to play. My main reason for putting dash into character montossori because I want to stop all enrichment, except maybe to keep mandeville music. Also, my mother doesn't want to care for him, so I want to release some load from my in laws, hope that by placing him into half day childcare, they can rest more.

But stressed, its very costly leh, $625 per month after subsidy, and if I pay for school bus add $90 more! want my life.

But seriously speaking, nearby my in laws place, not much choice liao leh for half day program.

didi
Yes, battery operated car....can't buy the real one yet, she has no driving licence ...hahahaha,,, just joking! Before he buy, I have to create a car park lot in the house.....
sad.gif
as it is one of our bedroom is filled out with boxes of toys...now look like storeroom. Sianzzz

kkf
I was told the school would not start teaching so soon cos the children and the teachers must build up their trust and relationship first, so a lot of play and singing and arts and crafts now...A's chinese teacher told me that teaching will commence in about 6 mths time...
happy.gif
I dun mind at all cos, I want A to play, play and more play...cos I dun hv stamina to play with her at home....kekeke

And children learn faster through music and singing...that's how A learns her 1 to 10 in mandarin. To me, very impressive after 3 days of exposure.....

great precious one, at least angel learns things home, strangely, dash doesn't learn things from school leh. No matter mandeville, julia gabriel, shichida or tots house, I never heard him say things learnt from school. In fact, I think the things he learnt from home and from vcds are much more!

Dun know leh, me headache reg where to put dash!!

Back