Pine Close Mummies

Hi mummies,

I sent my kids to TaiPei CC which is at Lavender. Not sure is it too far for all cos I really love the school and so are the kids. The place is very clean, teachers and kids ratio is good.

I only pay $260 after govt subsidy.

Hi Mummies,

There will be one more new child care centre near our place.

Cherie Hearts will open one at the learning hub. (the new building next to my first skool)

There is one more centre inside called Chiltern House but I was told its not a child care. Its like Chen Li, offers AM or PM classes. Many "big" and "luxury" cars spotted there though...

ginger
is it at the Mountbatten Square?

Chiltern House is part of Julia Gabriel... not child care. More of a play group type. Super ex cos branded mah.

bbethan,

No not at mountbatten square, behind it infact. Actually I don't know what the building called but I guess its called NTUC learning hub. Entrance is next to my first skool.

Chiltern House super ex ah? I didnt ask more about it. Quite pissed off with the staff attitude when she told me they are not child care centre (dun know mah).

And most of the parents quite stuck up by look ones..hahaha (9 out of 10 drive BIG cars...BMW, Porsche etc)

ginger
yup, chiltern house is branded lah tats why u see so many BIG cars
biggrin.gif

bbethan
cherie hearts is opening early april, i may drop by to look see lor. if its good then may consider putting chloe & my boy there.

Hello Pine Mummies,

just to recap....
so Cherie Hearts and Chiltern House will be operating at Mountbatten Square is it?
I am keen with Cherie Hearts. May drop by to see too.

I received Cherie Heart's leaflet today. I think its also an infant centre too.

I wonder can they get ready by April cos that area still empty...

Ginger: I spoke to the principal 2 days ago and she said the centre 'should be' ready by end April and there will be an open house in either end March or early April. According to her, there'll be a private playground but it's under construction and will need at least another 3 months. So, the centre will open w/o the play ground first. The principal sounds young over the phone, a bit inexperienced coz when i ask abt the fee, she was totally blur and confused. She was more keen to find out how i got to knw of their centre. *duh*

Cactusnah,

I think their fees are standardised since its a franchise program. Around the range of slightly over $600 after govt sub (for FTWM). Enrichment classes at extra too.

Ginger: According to the principal, diff centre charged differently. My nephew is in other Cherie Hearts branch but the fee is less than $600. For this centre, the price for full day session is $680 aft $300 subsidy.

Jen, buy for HK trip ar? hahhaa
bring ziplock bag use liao and throw!

wow, suddendly so many schools opening up.
Last time oni 2 cc, now becoming 6 liao.
Yuquan is ex, it 1.3k before subsidy and it operates as a cc as well as enrichment ctr.

bbwei, my 1st skool is old wan at the semi-d hses.
2) little skool hse is at mt batten sq.
3)cherie hearts is ard my 1st skool in a new bldg and chlitern is inside there i suppose.

I am registering my boy for pre-n next year so have to reg this year liao. now got 1 more option, chiltern hse. can anyone give feedback regarding chen li, heard they teachers turnover there is high?

vonn

chen li is kindy, not cc leh so its only a couple of hours in the morning or afternoon. last time i did enquire, their morning slots are usually full, left the afternoon which i'm not keen as it clashes with my child's nap time. same for chiltern, they only hv half day sessions either morning or afternoon. thought u are looking for cc rite?

Hi jamie, looking for pre-n school now.....have to reg soon....nw so many choice, spoilt for choices liao...

Jen, zip lock bag double double bag lar :p

Hi Mummies,

Looks like the NTUC learning hub centre, which is near My First skool is like an educational centre. Yesterday I spotted a music and art centre and a math enrichment centre..

Cactusnah,
So Cherie Hearts @ mountbatten is $680 after subsidy? How about the operating hours? Do you have any idea?

Vonn,
there are 6 ccs? I only know 5.
My first skool, little skool house, cherie hearts (new), young talents and yu quan. What's the other 1?

Hi Yen,

Yes, according to the principal, it's $680 for full day CC after $300 govt subsidy. I heard school fee for all CC will be increased, so that's abt the standard pricing. Everything is getting so expensive lor. Wrt to operating hours, i dun have any info coz am still undecided, so din go ahead to find out more. But i guess usually it's between 7am to 7pm?

cactusnah,
Thanks for the info. I've wrote an email to the principal but I have yet to receive any reply from her.

Me 2. I haven't decide which cc yet.

cactusnah,
My son is 17 months now, plan to let him attend CC when he is around 21mths~2yrs old.

Any mummies know of any good nanny ard our area?

Yen: I also received a call from CH's principal regarding their open hse. May pop by to take a look.

Mummies, just a word of caution. There's a chinese man in his 30s who always loiter at the Pine Close multistorey carpark asking for $. I saw him a few times approaching others but din knw what was he up to. My neighbour encountered the same thing yesterday night at abt 10pm+ when she parked her card at level 4B. He is small eyed, tall and skinny wearing Nike t-shirt and jeans asking my neighbour for $10 or $20 coz he "lost his way" (lost his way in the carpark?). As my neighbour was alone and the guy was eyeing at her bag during his approach, she quickly pass him $10 and ran off. She was terrified. I called our neighbourhood police post to make a report but police said he left by the time they reached. Just wanna caution residents here to be alert and watch out for this guy.

cactusnah,
My hubby and I pop by ard 10+ but just stay for a few mins as my son needed his late morning nap.
The place was quite big. The infants and toddlers are separated by a big room.
Thanks for the alert.

Vonn,
Thanks. Ya, that makes 6 ccc.
happy.gif

ginger
i went & the place is quite big as what yen mentioned. its fully air con & their outdoor playground is not ready yet.
fees for full day after subsidy & 15% disc is $578, half day is $600 so actually full day is more worth it.

Thanks Jamie.

But 15% disc only for a limited time. So I guess the full charge after govt subs is $665?

Did you manage to speak to any teachers? Were there any or just the principal.

ginger
ya discount only for the 1st 6mths i think. afterthat will be $680 after subs.

i didnt get to speak to any of the teachers for this branch, but other branch instead. their presentation from the HQ seems quite impressive but since its franchise, i believe it all depends on the branch teachers & principal. i saw the principal though, but didnt get to speak to her. the branch director showed me around but was soon interrupted by other ppl. as there were alot of staff fr other branch so i'm not sure which are the main teachers for this branch, which i must say its abit disorganised in a way. but my main concern is the place fully aircon which i'm not very keen. i may drop by again with hubby when the school is officially open & hopefully able to speak to the principal & teachers.

Hi Jamie,

Ya, i went to Cherie Hearts Mountbatten for their preview also. thinking to enrol my boy for N1. I managed to speak to their principal. not too bad lar. she quite experienced as she been in this industry for more than 15years. Shld be Ok ba.

i went to check with Chilterm also, hmm the fee super ex leh & the staff told me already full hse, must be put on waiting list. not so friendly leh
sad.gif
turns me off oso.

Ginger,
I went for the preview. I didn't have a chance to speak to princpal non the branch director. There are quite a no. of teachers but I'm not sure who will be ones stationed there.
I am also not so keen as the whole place is air-con.

June,

I am curious to know how much is the Chiltern's school fees? I must agree that the staffs attitude there sucks man.

Maybe we didnt dress well enough...

The parents of the kids there who drive also got the stuck up look too...kekeke

Hi mummies,

After School Care Centres
I know there is one at the Mountbatten Community Centre. Does anyone know whether there are any others nearby?

Babywei, looking for student care Liao?

Mums, I went to the open hse ard 4.30, nt so crowded at tat time and I managed to talked to the principal, somemone tat look patience. Coincidentally I talked to asst branch director, they r still recruiting teachers, so mostly not fixed yet but frm wat I knw it's a Malay teacher teaching pg 1 or 2..can't remember.

Hi hi,
I didn't manage to make it for the open hse last Saturday coz my boy was napping andi didn't want to disturb his sleep. Am surprise that the place is spacious according to mummies here. Little Skool Hse, on the other hand i heard is a bit small & crampy.

Yen: I didn't realise there's 6 ccc in our area and more coming up...perhaps it's more catered for parents working in town area coz i think there's not many toddlers (as compared to Sengkang/Punggol) in our zone since it's matured estate.

MRT Open Hse: Brought my boy to the circle line open hse last Sunday. Am so excited and proud that we're staying in this area. Yippeee!!!

Vonn,
I tot they are opening in Apr but they are still recruiting teachers?

babywei,
I think Cherie Hearts have after school care.

cactusnah,
Probably. I still haven't make up my mind yet.

Ginger,
chiltern hse.

Ginger,
It isn't? I use childcarelink.gov.sg to search for ccc and I found Chiltern house as 1 of them ard our place.

hi everybody, so has anyone enrolled their kids at CH? They opened in the last week of April.... wondering if any mommies can give feedback

Back