Pine Close Mummies

i cant remember the price... amosco's line is always in busy tone 67493988.

Anyway, http://www.99partytime.com/
also sell the same thing. Furthermore, 99partytime is at lavender, need not be in carton. But their operating hrs is from 9-6pm lor. Taste wise, quite similar to amosco too.

Hi Jen,

Thanks for the link. I called up partytime. Can collect on Sat too...until 3pm. Btw, you got anymore links? Any mini cheesecake ones? Hehe

Ooh...hehe. I used to work for a catering co and we get our buyer to order the eclairs, profiteroles and mini cheesecakes. They were so cheap. The eclairs cost $0.20 each only and they were fanastic. Mini cheesecake only $0.50 and the taste can fight with Hilton cheesecake! ;D But I lost the contacts liao...haiz...

Jen, someone's selling the eclairs at the BP thread, can order from there if want to.

Eiliya, aiyo u tempt us with the food and price. Try and dig out the contact and share share here lei. We can organise our own Pine Close BP
happy.gif

cactusnah, usually the BP price will be slightly higher as well as the collection not convenient lor. It's ok, dont really crave for it so much! LOL

Hi mummies,

I am going to order the eclairs & profiteroles and collect on Fri ard noon time. If you want I can order together but you need to collect from me right away as my fridge can't hold so much.

Mini Eclairs - Chocolate, vanilla, strawberry
1 Tray of 12 pieces

Mini Profiteroles - Chocolate, strawberry
1 bag of 1000g (70 pieces / bag)

Amendment:-

Mini Eclairs - Chocolate, cuppuccino, strawberry
1 Tray of 12 pieces

Mini Profiteroles - Chocolate, strawberry
1 bag of 1000g (70 pieces / bag)

yen
i've sent my son to My First Skool in Aug. Went there for 3 days and we decided to withdraw him. My hb was the one accompanying him and decided the environment is not suitable for him. Main concern is 1 teacher is handling too many children and during that few days, no assistant teacher was around. Children were a bit out of control and there were some safety issues too.

Not too sure about Young Talents. We did not visit them. We visited My First Skool once but was during their nap time, thus probably missed out most of the activities.

I hv a bad experience with my first Skool too. Teacher student ratio too high. But worst of all is my personal experience with the horrible principal and clerk. Terrible people not suited for early childhood education at all. Will nvr consider first skoool guillemard and haig road at all bcos they share the same principal

bbethan, want to discuss offline what's your experience? I'm still thinking to complain to some authorities cos I dun think she deserves to be in early childhood at all.... She's a black sheep and a shame

Mesh...what happened...

Jasmine is ok to us..

But I agree that the teacher to student ratio not good but they claim they are within the mcys standard.

I didnt bother much but frankly now my son in K1, I don't quite like the teachers there. Nursery and K2 teachers are ok...but not this one.

I have the urge to transfer him out but actually I dun have much choice cos I prefer near us.

Anyone tried the littleskoolhouse at mountbatten square?

Ginger: My sis enrolled my niece with little skool hse but she has yet to start her term there. She commented that the principal, Sylvia is very nice and friendly. But not sure abt her operational skill yet since she has yet to attend lesson there.

Cactusnah,

Thanks but the school fees actually at the high side..

Its very new and I have been there once. Personally I feel that the space is abit too small for a full day child care.

I am also keen to hear abt Yuquan Language School located at Guillemard Village (former Badminton Hall). Anybody sends their kids there? Any feedback?

mesh
sorry... only saw yr post now. i only had 1 encounter with her when we went down to visit the centre. talked to us briefly and she left in a hurry. during the 1st few days, it was my hb who accompanied my ds. he got very pissed off with her attitude after he raised his concerns. anyway, i don't think it'll be fair for me to "complain" abt her as I wasn't there. Hope you understand.

ginger
how much is the fees like at littleskoolhouse?
Yuquan center is a enrichment center? paiseh... i'm pretty new with the surroundings.

no problem bbethan. whatever your encounter or your hubby's encounter will not affect my opinion of this unprofessional woman. :p

so which sch is your son in now?

mesh and bbethan,
Thanks for the feedback.
I've been 2x to see the my 1st skool. I've not seen the princpal Jasmine, I was brought around by a chinese lady(abt 40+ I guess) with spects. She never introduce herself.
I went once on week day afternoon when the kids are sleeping and on sat morning.
Weekday after nap time, a bit messy. Kids woke up crying and 1 teacher carrying a basket with face towels while the other wake up them up. Line them all up to wash up and get ready for tea.
Sat morning was quiet. Lesser kids. A few kids playing around the toddler area on their own, probably cos the malay teacher entertained us.
Another small group of abt N2, K1 or K2 kids of 6 are drawing over the K1 area.

Yuquan lang sch,
I have visited in Nov 09. Mostly air-con with classroom. Typically class room style with air-con for each age group. They do the lesson and sleep in the same class room. The toilets and eating area are non-air con. There is a play area with slide @ the main entrance. But the fees are steep. Think $900 or 1k before subsidy.
Space limitation as compare to my 1st skool.

Young Talents CC,
Also quite small. I don't like the way they put all the milk bottles together and already pre-prepared when I was there ard late morning week day. Not sure how long they prepared before hand. Quite small also. Also more of classroom style. Non-air con. Good thing is they have a list of how much milk should each kid drinks paste on the wall.

Any1 with experience @ littleskoolhouse? I think the fees ard $950 (before subsidy) http://www.littleskoolhouse.com/centre-new_mount.aspx

To add on for Yuquan Lang School, the teachers are mostly from China and they speak Mandarin. They have got the Chinese accent. I doubt they speak English.

Hey Ladies,

Totally agree that my first skool is not a ideal place. I terminate my boy from there after one year in their playgroup.

Now my boy currently in Chen Li pre-nursery class. Better environment and lesser falls and bruises compare to last time.

Yen,

I have been to Littleskoolhouse once and the principal showed me around.

Have not got a chance to speak to the teachers thus not able to comment on their language efficiency.

But i feel the space is abit too small for a full day CC.

Toddler/Nursery has their own room and K1/K2 share the same common area which is open space concept.

If the class gets bigger, I guess it may be too noisy as its an enclosed area. (fully air-conditioned)

Yuquan has an english teacher and she speaks fairly well. The teachers from China only teach chinese as far as I understand.

Ginger,
Thanks for the feedback on Little Skool House.
For Yuquan, I'm showed around by a China Chinese. She says they do have English teacher but I didn't see any English teacher though that day.

Headache..I don't know which 1 to choose.
These few are the nearest to my blk.
Or any other CC nearest to Pine Close within walking distance.

Little skool house and my 1st skool are subsidaries or related group of cc?

Yen,

Little Skool house and my 1st skool are under the same umbrella but little skool house is a prenium brand.

My son is in my first skool since 18mths till now (5 this yr). Frankly they are quite ok just that now I think his K1 teachers are not really good.

I guess accidents do happen whether its in this centre or others. Even if the ratio is small, it does happen as you know kids fall down even without our awareness at times.

If parent has high expectation on the teachers and the school, I must say this one is not for you.

I am not sure about the rest cos so far this is the only school my son is attached to, so cant comment further.

If you are looking at full day CC, these are the only options unless you don't mind area like katong side, there are quite a few though

mesh
now he's at Nurture Cottage down Mountbatten Rd.

Re: Little Skool House
Good to let the school operate and run for a few months to see the "true colours" of their system. Their fees not cheap either.

Thanks bbethan, do you have their contact number. I chance upon this centre but I couldn't find their website.

Your child is in N/PG or K class?

Ginger,
I don't mind katong side if they have transport provided cos my hubby sometimes need to report work @ 7am then I will have to send my son to cc by bus.

yen
not too sure leh. personally i won't let my boy take now though he's 2 yrs old. maybe wait a yr or so when he can follow instructions n more steady. but i do know of children of his age who has been taking sch bus liao.

ginger
so far, i'm satisfied... at least they win me over in the way they settle him down. so far so good... he's been there since sep last yr.

they r not under cherie hearts. but they are in association with Pat's schoolhouse.

yen
they dun provide dinner. i'll be more than happy if they do
happy.gif

ginger
yes... they offer enrichment class.. Fastrackids programme. got to pay extra.

Jen: So Pine Close mummies all on MSN? Hmm....no wonder no sound no pix here.

Glue Sniffers: I've seen chinese teenagers sniffing glue at the staircase for the past few months. Best thing is, they did it in broad daylight at abt 6+ in the evening. Reported the case to our neighbourhood police but by the time the police came, they fled. It's kinda worrying coz i've also seen them walking with 'plastic bag' on their hand and happily sniffing away at the void deck.

Back