Pine Close Mummies

Mesh

Got to prepare to change bedsheet everytime when there is accident. This is common lor.

You can put on training pant as at least it can help to hold one round of peeing.

Before they sleep, get them to empty their bladder.

Hi, any mummies send their kid to NTUC My First Skool for childcare services? If have, pls leave some comment here. Thanks a lot!

Have some milk formula and cereals to let go. All brand new in sealed condition.
Pls let me know if you are keen in any of them. Can meet at playground near Blk 30 Cassia Crescent

Gain IQ 3 (Blue) for 1 yrs onwards
31.2g x 33 sachets (Exp Sept 2011)
Price : $30

Nan Pro 2
6 x 400g (Exp April 2012)
Price : $70

Mamil Gold 2
400g x 10 tins (Exp May 2012)
$110

Nestle Rice Cereal Stage 1 (6mths above)
32 sachets (Exp Sept 2011)
$7
5113250.jpg

Hi ginger,

Thanks for replying the thread. Oh what i mean is the standard of care and does there has any outbreaks of HFMD since your son is there?

Karen,

I think most school sure have lor.

I personally feel the standard there ok but different people different opinion. So i think its better that you drop by and have a feel yourself.

Being one of the affordable CC in Singapore, i cant expect for more lor.

Yen: Sorry to hear that. The nearest i know is at Tanjong Pagar area. There's one good TCM there. PM me if u need the address. Pls take care.

Hihi, anyone wan to take over a brand new set of L size pcf uniform?
Original price is $15, letting go at $10 only.
Pm me if keen.

Hi BbEthan,

I used to order from a Mr Lee for my tingkat. I don't have the company name though. It's very home cooked style and I ordered from him for close to 1.5 years. But got really tired of it and decided to cook our dinner instead. He will send the food around 5.15pm and he will hang it by my door.

Let me know if you are interested.

hi ginger, i hv placed my dd in my first skool for playground.. so far quite happy with the school n standard...

btw, MUMMIES OUT THERE.. any part time cleaner to recommend in this area?

Hi BbEthan,

I believed his is a registered co cos I saw his van before and there was a company name. His name is Mr Lee. You can call him at 96420783.

I have some milk formula to let go.
Pls PM if u are keen. All brand new tins.

Nan Pro 2
Mamil Gold 2
S26 Promil Gold 2
S26 Progress 3

Hi mummies, anyone with kids already in primary school? i'm looking at pri school for my 4 year old. kong hwa, haig girls, tanjong katong pri.... anymore near our place? all these within 1km from pine close? do you or your child find the school stressful?

Hi, any mummies send their kid to NTUC My First Skool for childcare services? any one have engaged any private school bus to fetch their child after school

Hi.. My girl just enrolled w ntuc my first skool childcare 1 mth ago. So far teacher thr all pleasant n friendly.. Though my gal still adapting to the environment . No sch bus engaged... Take taxi fr my place to fetch her n hb sent her to sch every morning ..

Hi mummies, I'm urgently looking to rent a common room or maybe small unit at this area. Kindly pm me... Need it urgently by end of this May. Thks alot!!

Hi Ginger, cos got bb on hands.. So Taking cab will b more convenient,will take fr my place go fetch dd then will ask taxi uncle wait a while then head to cassia crescent ( mil place) for dinner.. This is jus temp only as waiting for maid to return end June.. Yes, my gal is in PG.

Hi pine close mummies
I am letting go my girl's school uniform for ChenLi kindergarten.
Brand New M size dress for $15.
Lightly worn S size for $5
Lightly worn S size PE shirt n short for $5
Get all for $22

They are selling for $24 each

Hi, anyone send their kid to PCF mountbatten? The one on top of the old airport market.
Would appreciate your feedback on THIS BRANCH of PCF and not PCF in general. I am considering to send my child there.

Actually, I've visited to enquire on the fees and enrollment. But have not met the principal or any of the teachers. Only spoke to the School Administrator Mr Lau.
I felt rather taken aback when my polite request to view the classroom is being rejected. Reason given by Mr Lau is "there is nothing much to see in there". But as a parent, i just want to see and have a feel where my child will be spending his time everyday in. After being rejected, i did not insist on seeing and went away. But i felt disappointed. Did feel the place is quite unfriendly. Pls correct me if i am wrong.

Main reason for considering PCF is their fees. Its much cheaper comparing to other childcare around that area.

would appreciate mummies to feedback on areas like :
1. The principal and teachers. Are they friendly towards the kids?
2. Does your kid feel happy attending PCF mountbatten?
3. Does teachers update regularly on the parent communication booklet?
4. Roughly what is the Chinese / Malay / Indian Ratio? Which race dominate or is there an equal balance?
5. On the whole, are you satisfied with PCF Mountbatten?
Thank u for your valuable feedback

hi itsadecbaby,

my son is there since nursery which is like about 2/3 yrs back and he's now K2 there.

Principal is Mrs Mas. Doesnt really like her as i feel she's faked. The teachers there i know are Ms Nurli, Ms Lim, Mdm Tan. Ms Chow is the admin person there. Ms Nurli and Ms Lim have been teaching my son since he's there.
I feel son is happy there as he never tell me he doesnt want to go school.
Parents communication booklet is always in the bag. Their form teacher will slot newsletter or any information in for them.
There are mixtures of Chinese, Malay and Indian there. But majority are Chinese. Only saw less than 10 malay or indian kids around.

So far so good but they started spelling only in K2 whereas others start in K1.

You're not allow to view the centre unless there's an open house event. Dont bother to talk to Mr Lau, he wont give you a good impression.

Let me know if you have more questions.

i'm also eyeing kong hwa but for 2014. jia you, jen and ginger... hope u gals get it. are u pv at KH?

any other kids born in 2007 in our neighbourhood?

My boy also 2007 and going to try my luck in p2c at KH. I stay at Dakota area though. Initially wanted to do pv but dont know can afford the time as am a ftwm. So most likely rely on pure luck.

Hi Jen,
KPOing tis thread. I am goin to reg my gal next wk. Cross fingers for now...

Hi Jamie,
Congrats for being selected as a PV. U r choosing which area to volunteer?

cat_tail

the school actually gave us 3 choices to choose from their list. but i think those easy ones are given to those full time working parents coz they have to take leave to clock in the hrs. i was given the regular reading program (1year) which is my 3rd choice. my 1st & 2nd choice are library & prop tools making, which timing is flexible. as i'm a sahm so i also anticipated that they will most likely assign this reading program to me.

bbethan
u hv to register your interest with the school. after the application period is closed, they will inform u to attend a dialogue session, something like "interview" to get to know u & how u can contribute to the school. afterwhich if u are selected, they will inform u to come for PV briefing.

jen
ya, i was surprised to see so many parents during the dialogue session. during the "interview" the principal did clarify that even if u are a hokkien clan, doesnt guarantee a place in the school. u must be very active in the clan for a least a few years & then they will assess.

jamie
agree... doing pv doesnt guarantee a seat. but at least it increases the chance. still a bit undecided over this issue.

anyone knows the standard of tanjong katong pri?
is ngee ann equally "hot"?

bbethan
got double chance if do pv. think its worth tryinng. if cant get in, my other choices will be geylang methodist pri, tanjong katong pri or ngee ann. but ngee ann seems abit far off liao.

bbethan,,, just try applying for pv.... no harm.... closing date for application as pv for 2007 batch is end may 2012. after interview then decide if want to proceed. We are in same batch cos my kids born in 2007.

Jamie,
i'm surprised pv doesn't guarantee a seat though. but really got double chance? i don't think so right? every citizen has 2 chances regardless of pv or not in their own phase right?

cat_tail, so u are pv too? what did u do?

btw gals, do we need to aply pv at more than 1 schoool? what if dun get in KH,.... then what's chances of getting in the 2nd/3rd choice?

Jamie,
I am doing regular reading program similar like u. But I oso took up some ad-hoc assignments which is easier to clock.

Jen,
I am both - PV n Hokkien Huay Kuan. :p
But I tink nowadays clan is more difficult to get into phase 2B. U really must be vey active in order to get recommendation letter. And they only give the letter one wk b4 2B! I think there must be a lot of angry parents banging their doors now. Not easy....

Bbetan,
The sch will still put PV in waiting list & if there is anyone withdraw, u will be inform. Tat's the plus point! And oso as a PV, u can get to see how the sch operate & students behave. More assure whether your child can fit into this environment.

mesh,
I heard abt parents doing PV for more than 1 sch. It's ok if you have extra time & energy but during phase 2B, you can only choose one to reg.
Anyway, you monitor every yr statistic & assess your chances.

seems like it's worth giving PV a try. if i fail to get a chance in phase 2B, does it means I can still try again under phase 3?

mesh
the 2 chances means for phase 2B & 2C so if u do pv u get a chance in phase 2B, otherwise only 1 chance in phase 2C (within 1km).

cat_tail
i hv yet to take any adhoc assignments as i think the 1year reading program would hv clock in more than 40hrs.

bbethan
u seriously can consider PV coz cant get in phase 2B, still can try phase 2C

Back