Pine Close Mummies

Hi mummies

Please let me know what time is good for next Sat ? MGTeo suggested 11am...if anyone can't make it let us know what other time is good
smile.gif

Pai seh can't help you in that..

Any mummies know the thread on bulk purchase of einstein dvd by wenyl ? Can't find here thread leh..

Xiau Ling
I saw one childcare in the yellow/white block near the hawker centre (dont know what is the blk no.)
and
one at the Guillimard road run by NTUC

Dreambaby / Mgteo
6 May 11am is fine with me .

Cat
My MIL also can't speak softer worse is that her daughter also like that! Just don't understand why can't they be considerate. Why can't they just bear in mind that there's a small child in the family! Like living in their own world.

hong
Actually what you've done is correct lor...not like me, i already clashed with my MIL oredi but at least you don't get to face her 24/7.
happy.gif

So good that Janelle still drinks alot of milk. My girl is 15months old, recently milk intake drop dramatically. She used to drink 9oz three times a day then drop to 7oz now worse 51/2oz and yet never finished. Think could be loss of appetite from the anti-biotics and as well as teething. Haiz....

Jas
You staying at Pine Close rite? Our area under Marine Parade rite? Heard from my hubby MP walk-over leh...But anyhow, you keep us posted k.
happy.gif

xiauling
Yes there is one childcare centre at BLK 49 but don't know the charges. Then there's one at Guillemard Road (near Fatty Weng) NTUC childcare. My two nephews are there. Heard from my bro they charged around $550 before susidy. After subsidy for working mum is around $350. Me decided if i need to send my daughter to childcare, i'll put her there. Went there once seems not bad.
happy.gif

dreambabyd
Maybe you can try posting to chin leng regarding this thread?
happy.gif

dreambabyd,
U can PM to Chin Leng.

hong & MGTeo,
When the topic on MIL, my blood pressure will automatic raise up! Overall she's ok except she talks too loud, super boastful & dun take my words seriously. Whenever I try to bring up something to her, she will just brush me away like a dirt.. but when hubby tells her off, she can be amazingly super obedient, just like a dog!! So now I learn not to discuss with her anymore but complain to my hubby directly.. *poor guy

hong,
She's staying at Dakota Cres, very near!!! I always console myself tat lucky I dun stay together with them.
happy.gif

Attendence for Sat 6 May (11am - Kallang MacDonald)

dreambabyd
MGTeo
Carmen
cat_tail

Mummies,

Sorry i forgotten i cant attend the gathering.
My girl got lesson in the morning and i have another gathering at 4pm.

Sorry i have to give this gathering a miss.

MGTeo,
Is the NTUC Childcare good? i visit the CC at Blk 49. The toddler class is not too gd so i send my daughter to Pasir Ris CC. Crazy hor cos is under my sister and my ILs willing to send her there for me.

MGTeo, Cat
ILs issue - got lah. Especially some funny comments but i closed one eye. Begining I cannot tahan some of my MIL action. I complained to my mum, she said i already married to their son got to closed one eye.

MIL is nice enough to tell her son that she doesnt want to live with us. I am quite a messy DIL and my ILs very neat. I will have very hard time living with them.

hong,
Pasir Ris is really far leh!! That means u need to travel there everyday lor? How abt looking at the CC near your workplace?

RE: ILs
hong, no doubt u are a gd & patient DIL leh! I understand your point, so nowadays I close all my eyes, ears & even my mouth. My MIL is totally reverse of yours. She wants us to live together, but I dun wan cos both of us are very dominant & of cos, she's worst than me. So if we stay under the same roof, cannot imagine what kind of cat fights we have.
lame.gif

MGTeo
I am under Tampines GRC, so got to cast my vote on the 6th. I didn't change my address coz most of the time I am at Tampines (my parent's place) and only at Pine Close (my IL's place) on weekends.

As for the gathering, I will confirm at a nearer date, need to plan the timing.

cat_tail
So your hubby is like a bridge between you and his mum. Same as my case... I told hubby, my mode of communication with his mum will be through him.

Hi mummies..

I feel so lucky...not staying with MIL so not so much of problem..but of course when I go over for dinner most of the time...also got to ask my hubby to tell her not to do certain things..

I guess the generation gap lor...got to bear with them as much as we can lor..

JasTan
Hope you can make it...

dreambabyd
MGTeo
Carmen
cat_tail

cat
Same here, talking about her my blood pressure will goes up too! Just told her to lower her voice but later I think she'll talk loudly again. Thats why I refused to talk to her cos if I don't talk then will not caused so much noise pollution.

JasTan
Hope to see you...
happy.gif

hong
Heard from my brother that the NTUC childcare at Guillemard Rd not bad leh...My 2 nephews are there. Aged 5 & 4. Suppose to transfer the elder one to PAP but he don't want, he like it there. Maybe you can go down and look see look see? Pasir Ris abit too far leh...
happy.gif

dreambabyd
Thanks for moving the thread as requested.
happy.gif

Mummies
One thing for sure is no matter how good your relationship with your ILs, never live together. Different brought up, different habits sure got conflicts one... Just like my mum, she had stroke last year Aug affecting her speech and right hand. She's a housewife all this while and looked after my 2 nephews before. My mum very independent one. So with her condition she had to stay at my brothers' place (i've 4 brothers all married with kids). She stayed with all my 3 brothers but basically not used to it and had conflicts so now she's back at Pine Close with a maid helping her. Those days my mum so poor thing. Move here move there. So angry at that time!

My mum is so different from my MIL. My mum never pampers the 2 nephews that she used to look after. She's always the so called 'bad guy'. My mum never anyhow give tidbits, soft drinks or bring them downstairs for walks. When they sick, my mum bring them see doctor (so funny not own parents doing that). Everyday buy breakfast go market, cook lunch and dinner for everyone to eat. Now that she still does all these but not as good as last time, luckily got maid to help. Fussy mum thats why always complain about the maid.
happy.gif

Thanks carmen & mayteo for yr info childcare

Maybe i also want 2 join with all mum meet in kallang 6 may coz me just walk go there. hehhe

xiau ling
Join us la..since no voting and so near your place...at least the children got playmates...I put your name dowm 1st ok..any chances just let us know...

MGTeo
I agree..no matter how good your relations is with MIL...there sure to have conflicts only how serious ..

Josephine
U joining us ? Busy ah this few days ? never see your posting ?

dreambabyd
MGTeo
Carmen
cat_tail
xiau ling

MGTeo,
i have problem with the CC again. Apparently my sister feel that sending Janelle to her CC is not a long term solution. i got to find another CC again. I will go and take a look at NTUC CC.

Cat,
Yah not very long term. Long story. Tell u when we meet.

hong
What problem? Care to share with us? Maybe its a good idea that you take a look at NTUC CC.
happy.gif

xiauling
Good to know that you're joining us...
happy.gif

Mmmmmm... I've not yet at the stage of searching for childcare, so can't contribute anything

xiau ling
Just pm us la...

dreambabyd
MGTeo
Carmen
cat_tail
xiau ling

JasTan,
Yaya.. my mode of communication to MIL is thru hubby ..keke.. he very poor thing lah, always sandwich in between 2 woman probably for the next decade or so.

MGTeo,
U see, Man will side his wife more than his own Mum most of the time, so can understand why your mum ganna push around within the brothers. Sounds harsh, but that's the bare fact. So morale of the story is.. better have more daughters.

hong,
Sounds like u have gone thru a lot. No problem, can discuss when we meet up one day.
happy.gif

Hi mummies..

Might need to get a stroller any recommendation ?

Need this requirements as much as possible..

1. Handles 2 way
2. Basket firm and big
3. Seat must be able to recline fully till straight for sleeping
4. fFootrest able to be lifted up will be good

Thanks a lot...

MGTeo,

I try to look up at the web where is this NTUC CC but the location in the map is so far away.
Are u able to help me to pinpoint the actual location of the NTUC CC.

Cat,
not really a big issue on CC. Just that my girl cant settle down in CC even when my sister is ard.

I think i just made the story short.
While i was looking for CC, my MIL suggested to place my girl in my sister CC despite it is far away from my and ILs hse. The older pple just felt much safer to have someone they know to look after Janelle.

SO happen then FIL also work ard the CC area so MIL suggested that FIL can help to fetch.

I am very happy with this arrangement but there is also a drawback, wat if one day my FIL find it too troublesome to fetch Janelle, or if they need somemore to fetch Jan urgently and my MIL is taking care of my 2nd son.

If my MIL were to look after my son in future then she cant accoy my FIL to bring Janelle to school and will Janelle able to stay obedient in the car for the whole journey. Can my FIL handle her alone? Which i doubt so.

Actually i have all these qns on my mind before signing up Janelle at my sister's CC but i thot since MIL said willing to help. I give it a try but after the 1 month of ordeal (my girl refuse school, she got sick, got HFMD etc) and my boy coming soon....

My sister advise me to consider again.
I went to see the Young Talent CC at Blk 49. Not really up to my standard and i cant seem to find a gd one near our area.. haizzz.. headache leh.

So i need MGTeo's help to locate the NTUC CC she mention.

hong,
That's tricky, especially with your little one coming soon. Ever consider a maid & let your gal stays at home?

Hi hong...

Very tricky...maybe cat_tail suggestion is not bad..but on the other hand..I dn't really trust maid too...

hong
It's a headache and tedious process to hunt for a CC of choice. I am also now having problem looking for pre-nursery for Joel to start next year... can't seems to get the one I like.

Even considered CC near your hubby or your workplace?

dreambaby
Of your 4 points, my personal view is that it is only applicable for infant < 1yr, once they are bigger, the features above is not really useful.
I don't like 2 way handle coz I find them not as sturdy as those 1 way. The pram will be quite large and heavy > 5kgs to have all the 4 points you need. It will be okay if you have a car when going out, otherwise I find it too heavy to carry it around.

Jas,
The CC ard my office. Not ideal too.. the CC look dirty to me.
Hubby working in CBD area, and no diff from our place also.

My collick asked me to lower my standard. Those better one are either not very convinence or out of my budget.

Dreambaby, Cat,
Maid.. no lah.. i will rather spend the $$ on CC for Janelle. MIL also said dun want maid. I read so many stories abt maid, infact quite scare me off.

Dreambb,
i got a Maclaren Quest. Very sturdy and we like it very much. However, cannot recline fully, will be gd for older kids. We actually get it for my daughter but we only use it for a few month cos my daughter is able to walk on her own.

I agree with Jastan that if u wanna invest in big stroller then u better have a car else very troublesome.

hong,
I am worry too but really got no choice. Will install a camera so I can view real time in my office &amp; will ask my relatives to give them a surprise visit.

dreambabyd,
I am using Maclaren Techno Classic. It's very smooth &amp; hardy, but the down point is the weight.

Dreambb,
sorry i cant rbr mine is techno or Quest but i know my hubby very very happy with the stroller. He said was Janelle's Benz.

Wha seems like Maclaren very popular...I've used Graco for a while..I tell u is super bulky in the car boot..so I shall stick to light weight stroller
kao_smile.gif

I shall go Hyperstore and check it out...

dreambabyd
MGTeo
Carmen
cat_tail
xiau ling

hong
Where is your PIL staying? If you want somewhere near Pine Close so is the one at Guillemard Crescent, NTUC Childcare. Exact location is near the MINDS school. Do you know where is Guillemard Primary School used to be? Its just next to it. Near a church. Maybe you call them and check it out. Here's the address and contact:

Guillemard Crescent
Singapore 390000
Tel: 63447196

Look for Jasmine Yeo. She's the Principal.

hong
Since your little one is coming out soon. My suggestion to you is get a maid to help your mum then Jan can either go for half/full day childcare. Every evening you can bring your children back and then the maid can help you with household chores and cooking. You can find Filipino maid they are not as wicked as the Indonesian one. Find a filipino maid that wants to look after children one then they can also help to teach your children. Just to share my opinion.

dreambabyd

dreambabyd
I'm using Maclaren Quest Mod 2005. A very trustable brand. I would suggest you get the Techno. Its heavier than Quest but can fully reclined. My friend the ex-crew just bought this and she like it very much. Think the weight is about 7kg. Though its a little heavy but manageable one cos its one hand operation.

Aiya next time i go your place i bring then show you lah but mine cannot fully recline one.
happy.gif

MGTeo

I was thinking of the techno XT but super x man ... I check the maclaren website..the techno weighs 6.6kg probably the 2006 design there is weight change...

But hor the bar in front of the child without it good a not ah ?

Phoebe
Welcome...are you staying around here too ?

MGTeo,

Thanks for the contact. I will give them a call.

I think my pocket will be very tight with CC and maid. I can only chose one. Janelle will still have to go to school eventually and i think i shall send her to learn something. They are learning very fast now will be a pity if we dun take this opporunity to let them absorb.

Working mother got a limitation of how much we can teach them. Even when i am at home on weekend i also dun know wat to teach her.

hong,
Hope u can find a better way to resolve your difficulty. Hmm.. at least u can have more time at home when u r having ML.

MGTeo,
I dun feel good with Phillipino maid maybe becos I have a bad experience with them. Now trying a Indo maid..hee

JasTan

You check out this website...www.hungrycaterpillar.com , my friend recommended me..I should be sending my Boy Boy there when the time comes...is near hyperstore dont know convenient for you a not..but I quite like it..

dreambabyd
MGTeo
Carmen
cat_tail
xiau ling

Motherhood 2006

Date: 31 May - 4 June 2006
Time: 12.00 pm - 10.00 pm
Admission is Free

Just for yr info.

Dreambb,
is the hungrycaterpillar gd?
I wanted to make enquiries but i cant find any email acct.

Have u visited them before?
U know how much they charge?

hong

I never visit them before but I trust my this friend coz she very particular in educating her children..and if I'm not wrong hungry caterpillar teachers are ang mo's and they never never use singlish which I feel that NTUC teachers always use that...and their classes are small I saw their class photos very cute..

The little girls will very sweet cap...and the little boys too ( the boyish style )

I think is worth to check it out..my friend send her 2 children there..

http://www.hungrycaterpillar.com/home.htm

Hope it helps

Dreambb,

I manage to get them.
I dun get subsidy if i enrol my daughter in there.

Am session is $660 per term
Pm Session is $540 per term
Full day (8:30 - 3:30) is $1050 per term.

they will help me to find out the cost of transport from my IL place.

they are having a open hse on 20 May.

dreambaby
Thanks for the info. The location is not very convenient.

hong
Why you cannot get subsidy? if no subsidy, the fee quite exp lor? Per term is how long? Can share the transportation coz after they get back to you? Thanks.

hong

What kind of subsidy are you referring to ? Izzit becoz is private not government ? So you going for the open house ? I also feel like going but a bit too early hahahah

dreambabyd, hong
I saw the website, its not a CC rite...Its a private school for young children. The timing is from 8-3.30pm leh...so don't think is a CC.

Anyway regarding singlish, if parents speak like that, your children will follow. Unless both parents and teachers uses proper english if not i think you'll only confuse your children esp at this young age.

Most Singaporean speak singlish, my cousin, now in her teens doing very well in her studies leh....I find reading is the one that is the most important. It inculcates wide vocabulary and even grammers.

Back