October 2017 Mummies

Hi all Moms here, not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I'm a father to be this coming mid October 2017 and I have a few issues that need some suggestion from anyone that has experience.

My wife and I are both Malaysia but my wife is SPR and I'm on EP here, but I will be submitting my documents to get my SPR end March, so approval should probably be October or November like this.

Since my wife is SPR, then we can only apply SPR for the baby when my wife gives birth, the question is whether should we give birth here or give birth in Malaysia, because for SPR there is not much difference if given birth in Singapore or in Malaysia.

Also, we have already engaged a gynae in TMC here, should we continue to see the gynae until is almost time for my wife to give birth and we travel back to Malaysia to give birth? Reason being that both me and my wife's family is in Malaysia, hence is easier for us to give birth in Malaysia and for my wife's confinement period.

Any advise is appreciated, thanks!
I think no difference if give birth in malaysia or singapore. Baby still able to apply SPR under mummy regardless birth location. Best to give birth in malaysia for lower cost and near to family.

Yes you may engage with a gynae in sg until near birth then go back to malaysia. If hometown is nearby, better get gynae in malaysia and can do all the tests in malaysia for cheaper price.

I think no difference if give birth in malaysia or singapore. Baby still able to apply SPR under mummy regardless birth location. Best to give birth in malaysia for lower cost and near to family.

Yes you may engage with a gynae in sg until near birth then go back to malaysia. If hometown is nearby, better get gynae in malaysia and can do all the tests in malaysia for cheaper price.

Hey! thanks for the quick reply.

My only concern is, on which week does my wife need to go back to Malaysia to prepare to give birth? Is in KL by the way. Also, if I've decided to give birth in Malaysia, should I let my gynae in SG know about it? Also when delivering in Malaysia, should I engage any gynae beforehand or just go into any hospital of my preference?

Last edited:
Hey! thanks for the quick reply.

My only concern is, on which week does my wife need to go back to Malaysia to prepare to give birth? Is in KL by the way. Also, if I've decided to give birth in Malaysia, should I let my gynae in SG know about it? Also when delivering in Malaysia, should I engage any gynae beforehand or just go into any hospital of my preference?
I assume you will take flight if going back to KL. Check with airlines the pregnancy month limit. If I am not mistaken, most airlines will not accept more than 8 month pregnancy. So you hv to go back to malaysia before that. Otherwise may take the risk to drive or by bus if you don't want to leave sg earlier.

Regarding about the gynae. I assume you will want to claim from medisave for your pregnancy and delivery cost. Best to contact medisave and discuss with them your plan. In order to claim medisave, you will need to engage with their panel gynae in malaysia.

I am currently 6 weeks preggie and Everyday I am feeling sleepy and can sleep the whole day, don't know whether is it normal?

Hi Mag07,

I always feel very 'gassy' after meals, especially lunch. Now I space out my meals. I eat something every hour but in very small quantity. I divide my lunch portion into 2 and have that one hour apart. I also have Vitagen after lunch. It somehow helps to get rid of the bloated feeling.

Hope that helps.

Hi Mag07 and Zilong

Bloatedness and gasiness is part of my daily life. I also try to take small meals. I think it helps.

My gyne did explain the various tests to me. But she recommend me to pick oscars instead, since i havent hit 30yrs old yet.
Harmony is more recommended to mummies > 35yrs old, it is able to check for down syndrome and also tell you the sex of the baby. She mention that if we are not in the hurry to know the sex of the baby and just go ahead with oscars.
I am also in dilemma now, whether to stick to Oscar or take the latest technology. Not yet 35 but people around me don't seem to go for Oscars anymore. And I need to make a decision soon. Sigh...

Hello All,
Congratulations to all mummies in this thread.
I'm currently expecting our 4th child. Eldest one is 11yrs, #2 at 9yrs and #3 will be 8yrs old this year.
It's been so long since I felt another life in me.
I did the clear blue digital test last week and it was positive with 3wks+. Not sure how far along I am now but my tummy is very obvious now. Anyone keen to share the packages from 5mths onwards with any gynaes that delivers in Mt E Novena?
Please do add me in fb to : [email protected]

I am also in dilemma now, whether to stick to Oscar or take the latest technology. Not yet 35 but people around me don't seem to go for Oscars anymore. And I need to make a decision soon. Sigh...

Hi, do u know when can do those non invasive test?
Only visited my gynae once at 6 weeks and waiting to visit second time at 9 weeks which is next week

Hello to all mommies and Congratulations! 1st time mommy and in my 8th week now. Was really sleepy for a while and getting sensitive to smells, but all those feels are gone, so I start getting worried if baby is growing ok:p

Hello to all mommies and Congratulations! 1st time mommy and in my 8th week now. Was really sleepy for a while and getting sensitive to smells, but all those feels are gone, so I start getting worried if baby is growing ok:p

Do u have any nausea and vomit feeling? I had it yesterday so bad and this morning still got nausea feel but suddenly until now feel good. Don't worry too much, sometimes those will come back tomorrow, like on and off.

Do u have any nausea and vomit feeling? I had it yesterday so bad and this morning still got nausea feel but suddenly until now feel good. Don't worry too much, sometimes those will come back tomorrow, like on and off.
Thanks @lizlin . No I do not have much feeling overall, except that I am physically getting tired easily.

When I visited doctor for the first time last week, she observed some bleeding happened before on the ultrasound, even though I cannot see anything myself. That's why I am worried sometimes

Thanks @lizlin . No I do not have much feeling overall, except that I am physically getting tired easily.

When I visited doctor for the first time last week, she observed some bleeding happened before on the ultrasound, even though I cannot see anything myself. That's why I am worried sometimes

I see, try to rest more, dun lift heavy things and walk slowly. We must take good care of ourselves.

First time mummy asking for help...

Anybody know any gd gynae @ woodland/admiralty/sembawang? Wat is gynae standard rate?
first time mummy..dont even know how to count how many weeks..I only know my last starts date of menses which is on 19th Jan 2017....Any pro? Need advise please..thanks in advance.

First time mummy asking for help...

Anybody know any gd gynae @ woodland/admiralty/sembawang? Wat is gynae standard rate?
first time mummy..dont even know how to count how many weeks..I only know my last starts date of menses which is on 19th Jan 2017....Any pro? Need advise please..thanks in advance.

Sorry i dunno any good gynae near ur area, but for the how many weeks, the doc will advise u on ur first visit based on how big is your fetal pole. My first consultation at cck is around 120 including ultrascan, hope this helps

Sorry i dunno any good gynae near ur area, but for the how many weeks, the doc will advise u on ur first visit based on how big is your fetal pole. My first consultation at cck is around 120 including ultrascan, hope this helps
Hi Lizlin, thanks for your reply...it sure does help.
Thanks Liz..I will go for my first consultation by end of this month then.

That's a pretty good rate! My first visit is 240++, consultation and untrasound costs 120 each! It is definitely expensive then. May I know the name of your Gynae?

Hi all mommies to be. I tested positive last weekend and i couldn't believe it! It was a pleasant surprise! I tested the next day to double confirm and it shows the same! Ytd, I bought clear blue digital and it shows that I'm 3 ++ I think I'm approx 5 weeks now.

Having gags (no vomit) but a lot of gas and uncomfortable gastric.
Giddy spells and really sleepy by noon!

First time Mom to be and is really anxious!

What is the next step I should
Do?

Hi all mommies to be. I tested positive last weekend and i couldn't believe it! It was a pleasant surprise! I tested the next day to double confirm and it shows the same! Ytd, I bought clear blue digital and it shows that I'm 3 ++ I think I'm approx 5 weeks now.

Do?

Congrats! You probably should look for a gynae now and make an appointment to see him/her. Usually first appointment is after week 6 of pregnancy . Some people go at 7 or 8th week.

What about the costing between a private and a subsidise patient? Anyone has experience? I'm feeling so lost at selecting a gyne .

Do?
Go Polyclinic to get a referral letter to kk hospital.
I go Polyclinic get referral letter,with subsidies..
My next appointment with kk hospital is 29th march 2017...

What is the difference between subsidized and private? The service is different?

I got a referral to NUH cos we are considering water birth but the wait to see the gyne as a subsidised patient is a 2 months wait. And they gave me a appt in mid may.

I feel that it's very Long to wait, and since it's my first pregnancy I'm quite anxious.

I also have PCOS condition and was told that it's best to see a gyne as soon as I am pregnant. All seems to be ok now, just that someday it's tiring to get by.

It was a blessing that I conceive naturally without any aid, but the journey just started and I'm anxious to know how the Lil one is doing inside.

What is the difference between subsidized and private? The service is different?

Hi Cassie, based on my past exp with NUH

Private - You get to choose your gynae. This gynae will be with you from first trimester till delivery.
Subsidized - You get assigned the gynae on duty. This could mean you will be seeing a different gynae for each checkup.

My experience, both are professional and helpful.

I got a referral to NUH cos we are considering water birth but the wait to see the gyne as a subsidised patient is a 2 months wait. And they gave me a appt in mid may.

I feel that it's very Long to wait, and since it's my first pregnancy I'm quite anxious.

I also have PCOS condition and was told that it's best to see a gyne as soon as I am pregnant. All seems to be ok now, just that someday it's tiring to get by.

It was a blessing that I conceive naturally without any aid, but the journey just started and I'm anxious to know how the Lil one is doing inside.

Feblove.. that's long! I tried to make an appt with NUH private. The wait is 3 - 4 weeks :(

Feblove.. that's long! I tried to make an appt with NUH private. The wait is 3 - 4 weeks :(

Ya that's why I'm anxious, I still continue with the appointment but I will go to a Pte gyne to run some check next week. Which gyne are u using for NUH private ?

Anyone considering Water Birth?

Ya that's why I'm anxious, I still continue with the appointment but I will go to a Pte gyne to run some check next week. Which gyne are u using for NUH private ?

Anyone considering Water Birth?

I saw Dr Anupriya for my prev pregnancy. This time round, seeing private Dr Henry Cheng.

Hi yesterday after showering, I suddenly shivered for 5 mins. Anyone experience ? I am scare of cold. Easily tired and on off nausea. Like sweet stuff and try to take warm water.

I am in first trim. EDD mid Oct.

Hi All,

I am 35s and expecting my 1st baby.
Should I go for OSCAR (90%) or HARMONY (99%) test ? Need advise, thanks.

Hi yesterday after showering, I suddenly shivered for 5 mins. Anyone experience ? I am scare of cold. Easily tired and on off nausea. Like sweet stuff and try to take warm water.

I am in first trim. EDD mid Oct.

Yes, I feel cold too , and shiver often. But I googled and it is said our body temp raises abit so we tend to feel cold at times. And yes I also drink more warm water now. Today I was at work and I had to doze off in office becos I was so lethargic .

hi, im first time mum here! also due in oct!!

I am in week 8, last week, my dr took blood test and find out that i have very low hormones, thus i need to take hormones jab twice weekly. Any one facing the same issue here?

Last edited:

I am in week 8, last week, my dr took blood test and find out that i have very low hormones, thus i need to take hormones jab twice weekly. Any one facing the same issue here?
I didn't even do hormone test, doc gave me hormone pills to take twice daily

I didn't even do hormone test, doc gave me hormone pills to take twice daily

I also taking hormone pills, 3 times daily! my doc took the test cause i dun have much morning sickness and my menses all along was irregular! so that's why!

Back