No fetal pole was detected in my first transvaginal scan (first pregnancy)

Elbb1986

Hi mummies,

Need some advice and anyone have the similar experience ? I went for my first gynae appointment at TMC this morning and had a transvaginal scan.. yolk sac and g.sac was detected but can't see the fetal pole... Is this normal? Based on my LMP i should be at week 8 pregnancy but according to my gynnae i'm @ week 5 instead due to my menstrual cycle is longer > 34 days. My gynae told me that there are 2 possibility on my case (1) too early to detect (2) miscarriage as no/stop grow. She suggests me to wait for another 2 weeks for the 2nd scan and i just couldn't wait so i decided to take a blood test to check my HCG level and hormone pill was prescribed.

i'm so down and worry after my first gynae app. :( Hope everything will be alright! pray hard hard

I had the same experience before sadly it ended as a miscarriage. I started bleeding and body expelled the sac. But keep your hopes up. Hopefully you will be able to see the fetal pole in your next appointment !

I
I had the same experience before sadly it ended as a miscarriage. I started bleeding and body expelled the sac. But keep your hopes up. Hopefully you will be able to see the fetal pole in your next appointment !
I had the same experience as you. It was fearful and I had no one to ask. Doctor diagnosed no fetal pole and eventually body expelled out everything. Yes, keep hopes up because I got pregnant within the next 6 months. Good luck!

Hi mummies,

Need some advice and anyone have the similar experience ? I went for my first gynae appointment at TMC this morning and had a transvaginal scan.. yolk sac and g.sac was detected but can't see the fetal pole... Is this normal? Based on my LMP i should be at week 8 pregnancy but according to my gynnae i'm @ week 5 instead due to my menstrual cycle is longer > 34 days. My gynae told me that there are 2 possibility on my case (1) too early to detect (2) miscarriage as no/stop grow. She suggests me to wait for another 2 weeks for the 2nd scan and i just couldn't wait so i decided to take a blood test to check my HCG level and hormone pill was prescribed.

i'm so down and worry after my first gynae app. :( Hope everything will be alright! pray hard hard

Hi,
I'm having the same issue as you. How is it now?

I had same issue first time and it was diagnosed same either.miscarriage or ectopic..eventually hadmis carriage but could quickly conceive again.. fetal pole should be easily seen in 6 weeks including increased blood flow to fetus which is visible in usg.pls dont lose hope though

Hi ladies, I went for my first 6 week scan and same issue. Only saw the sac and scheduled next week appt to do scan again. So sad after trying for so long :(

@Cheerfuldays @vhappinesszz how many weeks did you start bleeding and body expelled everything?

Hi,
I'm having the same issue as you. How is it now?
Fetal pole was detected on my 2nd scan but no heartbeat ..however i ended up with miscarriage. Started with brown spotting and lower back pain then the next day morning my body just naturally expelled out the pregnancy tissue. This might not your case ... dun give up & jia you!! Just got my first menstrual cycle back after the miscarriage and trying to conceive hope to get my rainbow baby soon ~ Let's jia you together :)

Fetal pole was detected on my 2nd scan but no heartbeat ..however i ended up with miscarriage. Started with brown spotting and lower back pain then the next day morning my body just naturally expelled out the pregnancy tissue. This might not your case ... dun give up & jia you!! Just got my first menstrual cycle back after the miscarriage and trying to conceive hope to get my rainbow baby soon ~ Let's jia you together :)

jiayou babe! 2nd scan today there’s a fetal pole but no heartbeat and measuring 2 weeks behind. Doc told me not to be too optimistic and come back for scan again next week

Back