Need help for fever.

bbaroom

Any doctor on this forum? I need some advice.
Went to K.K Hospital Ytd when my baby got high fever 39.5 °C. Is it consider high and dangerous? How abt 40 till 41°C?

Hi

Urm. I'm not dc :p but dat temp is high. Hw old is ur child?

My 3yrs old daughter is hvg fever. Brought her to KK when her temp was 38.7. Nw on off fever frm last Sat.

If ur child is nt very young as in a baby, u can sponge ur child at the forehead, armpit, groin area & neck. Usually, dc will prescribe buprofen if fever is more than 38.5

Hope to help with my experience.

Agreed with beezewax, you must diligently sponge them with water thr out the day and night, on top of the medicine given to them.
My kid ever hit 42deg before, scary.
Kids tend to outgrow the frequent fevers as they grow up.

Hi Billy,

Do you have paracetamol and ibuprofen? if my children having fever and more then 39C i will feed them ibuporfen. if lower then 39C just the paracetamol.

The highest hit 42C, i just fed my child ibuprofen.

i will also monitor them if the fever fever persists after 3 to 5 days, i will bring them to PD.

I never give aspirin to my children, as one of my child is a G6PD baby.

billy, whats the name of doc at kkh????

Please sponge your child esp at head, neck, armpit like the rest of mummies above had shared.

give the prescribed medication diligent.

take your baby temperature as frequent as you can.

continue breast feeding/milk feeding as normal.

best to sleep in aircon room.

Please take care. as fever if not well care, can lead to other problem like fits etc.

you too, must take care. drink a lot of water.

I'm nt sure if a 5mths old baby can be sponged as it might lead to cold instead. I wast allowed to sponge on my then 2mths old bb. Instead, let him wear loose clothes. If the baby shivers, cover him with a thin cloth; nt blanket. Dun need to wear socks. Monitor his temp every hr. If still high, pls proceed to KKH straight & pls avoid the dc dat attended to u previously. I think dat dc must be nuts sayg dat the temp of ur bb is normal!

Anyway, hope ur bb is better nw. As for my daughter, her temp shoots up again just nw to 38.7
sad.gif
It's been 4 days since her fever went up & down. I dunno if i shld bring her to KK again or just a PD. U take care too.

can be sponged with tap water
happy.gif
used to do it when my baby fever after every jab even at 2 mths old.

Beezewax, bring to kk again and must tell them how long the fever is.

my child used to have prolong fever, went back too kk pd, pd send him for blood test and there's infection. after a week, we return, to make sure child clear from it.

beezewax, u must take care too ya. understand its tiring when child is sick. i didnt sleep properly when my child is sick esp during the prolong fever.

When my gal having Temp 38 & above, ibuprofen works well for her but not paracetamol.

sponging ur child at the forehead, armpit & neck will surely helps in reducing the temp!!

Hope ur child is well now!!

Hi,pls use tap water m not fridge or ice water when sponge.continue to change the tap water. ice or water fr fridge will make the fever rise higher or the kid shivers instrad of bring temp down

We hydrated our kids with isotonic drink. Helps to lower fever and quite tasty 'cos they refused to take medicine
sad.gif

Hi all,

My 2.5 yo gal had fits before due to fever last dec. Was a horrible experience n I called 995. To cut the story short, she's like havin fever every mth eversince she went childcare. Her last very high fever was in March and warded into KKH as fever lasted for 10 days n always highest in the wee hrs as usual. Did blood test, xray, thank God no complications and they concluded that she may be juz lucky to catch one virus aft another! Anyway, we were advised to get those cooler pad for sitting to let her sleep on and true indeed, it helps to brg down high temp! Real effective and I urge all mummies with little children to standby one at home. Now I have 2 at home so that the child can have more coverage on the body when sleeping. Less sponging needed except forehead was what we did when she was 40+. This pad cost less than $5 each. Worth every cent. Hope the above is helpful. With love from mummy of 3.

Hi Joey

May I know where u buy the water pad? I was also told that water pillow is good too.

Many thanks in advance!

Ever saw it at Guardian n watson's or even japan home when I didn't need to buy them but I got my from a store at sun plz selling barang barang after I done wif my groceries at ntuc so it was like there for me.... I didn't look high n low for it. Let me know if u all can't get it. I can help to buy but pls collect at sbw mrt stn.;-)

hi joey, thanks for the initiatives
happy.gif

i saw at kkh pharmacy when i went there in jan this year tink much more ex than joey price.

Hi all mummies, agreed with Joey. That's water cushion pad really work! I bought a few for all my 3 kids from Value $ shop, think is less than $5.00. I also saw it at Japan Home too. Worth buying....but of coz sponging of the forehead still needed. Take care.... Hope all kids are strong and healthy 

Back