Mummies staying at Bt Batok/Gombak/CCk/BP/Teck Whye

Hihi....bz the whole day till now sigh...

Afcai...you better sit still ya..like what Snwwzy suggested..mayb you should move in w your mum till you are more stable...

Hi Joo n Celtricia..oh...can get it at polyclinic huh..okok...I go n buy this Sat n c whether my boy likes it or not..can drink everyday huh??

Sandy, ya.. go polyclinic get.. but i tink they only allow u to buy a certain amt of pkts only.. everyday can only drink 2 pkts.. so usually my mum will make 1 in d morning.. n make sure he finish by noon den another late afternoon or evening.. once u c improvements n no more hearing of phelgms can stop liao.. dun let him drink like vit hor.. heh..

Hi afcai,

Thanks for the welcome. Do take good care !

happy.gif

<font color="#C25283">Sneezy mom</font>
I very sian leh. so suay admitted to hospital twice this mth liao. yup, when sit long, I can felt some aching on my tummy. my mum'plc no space for me to stay loh. my mum quit her job ever since I had my no 1.hopefully, pray hard that 2nd trimster will be smooth and ok one, still got 2 week to go before my 2nd trimster.

ok, will discuss with my hubby whether he want to engage the PT cleaner or not.

<font color="#C25283">Serene </font>
welcome. heard that Grace House is very ex but what the thing they taught are quite gd.

<font color="#C25283">snowyin</font>
yeah.sian. dunno why just bleed out of sudden.only bed rest for 4D in hospital except gg to toilet and read newspaper.

<font color="#C25283">sunshine75</font>
no problem. already given out my 4 sns stamps liao.

hai...at least, in hospital, I dun need to walk so much cos got ppls see to the need of the 5 meals (including 2 teabreak). my mum did buy ingredient for me to cook but still need to cook cos I dun want to go out to buy breakfast, lunch or dinner. need to walk quite a long distance.

<font color="#C25283">宝贝</font>
thks.

afcai,

Thanks. Ya i visited 7 schools last fri and like Grace House's environment and their curriculum, however like what you said, their fee appeared to be most expensive among the rests..... quite a headache now!

Are you also looking for a kindergarten or your kid had already attended a school?

Serene,
My son is attending Grace House. The curriculum is good and I like the communication between teaches and parents. The classroom size is good too compared to my other son who is in Nanyang Kindergarten. Nanyang fees are a few dollars cheaper but then again, have to pay for ex bus fees. Big classes and organisation not that fantastic!

Hope that helps!
happy.gif

Afcai,
Take it easy yea? Rest more and don't do too much!

<font color="#82CAFA">Serene,</font>
my gar is only 20mth (gg to be 21mth next week). only sign her up with startots next yr at west coast ville branch.

do u consider the YMCA kindergarten near gombak? heard feedback that it is gd.

how old is yr boy?

<font color="#82CAFA">yany</font>
thks. yeah. sian. hope with plenty of rest, passing the 2nd trismeter (still got 2 more wk to go), situation will improve.

Yany,

Thanks for your precious feedback. Your boy in which year now? Is Grace House using their own inhouse worksheets as most kindergarten do so...what do you think about their standard? Do you think the work given and taught prepared the kids ready for P1? I've seen worksheets of Bt Panjang Methodist church kindergarten and Christian Gospel (CGM), the work sheets looked quite tough to me for kindergarten kids..... Btw, the sch bus is ex also for Grace House. I checked with the person, he charged me around $100 for 2 ways and $90 for 1 way (this year's rate)!

afcai,
I see...hmm, i thought YMCA is malay sch operated by a malay owner? I saw it somewhere...am i wrong? My boy will be 27mths next week. Btw, read about your situation...take good care and rest more.

serene,
thks. not sure leh,is i cater for malay only. 1 malay mummy told me that she send her child there even she live at CCK.

sandy,
u dun have sylvia 's contact meh? yeah, think chances, she delivered liao blar...

Serene,
My son is in N1 so I don't know what the worksheet for K2 looks like... lol. I am sure all kindergarden prepare the kids for P1. Since I'm staying nearby the school, I don't use the transport
happy.gif
. Walking distance but since I'm not working now, I drive. My other son going to Nanyang, bus fare is $260/-. Worse! oh... the person in charge of school bus is really very nice at Grace House.

Sandy, np.. anything to help.. am also glad i manage to find a solution to my kids phelgm.. coz i tink my son ate so medication till he got phobia n i dun wish to haf tat continued.. so i noe hw u feel..

Afcai,
I think if you can rest in bed better. My friend also bleed but not as much as you,oredi
stayed 10 days in hospital and on 20 days MC.
Btw,you have Sylvia contact?? I told her to ask her hubby to msg when she delivers but no news leh.....

Sandy, i can't really remember, but if am not wrong i bot it a 2nd time after the doc's 1st prescription den it was finally cleared.. so it shld take abt 2 weeks or less. Tink u wld b able to tell the difference after 3 days, as when ur son cough u won't hear the phelgm sound.. it will mainly come out frm the nose like flu..

Yany,

N1 has got no homework right? 1 of my friends' boy also in Grace House now. He's in PM session, what about your boy? Who knows, they maybe classmates, born 2005 right? The world is small.
happy.gif

Wow that's good, you stay nearby, no need tpt...sigh, Bt Panjang not much schools.... Are you referring to Benny Ng as Evelyn (the administrator) gave me his namecard to contact directly about the bus fare. My god! $260/mth is ridiculous! Where is Nanyang Kindergarten? Why don't you transfer him to Grace House then?

afcai,

Oops, maybe i got it wrong! The one i'm referring is YWMA, not YMCA. Is there YMCA kindergarten in Gombak? hmm.....

Hi Serene,

yea, N1 no homework. Thank goodness for that. They are suppose to enjoy school and playing and I do not expect any homework at all. He's in the morning session so not the same class.

$260 is for 2 months but the way they arrange is that payment is inclusive of school holidays... so in essense, it is for a month! Nanyang is at Bt. Timah but no point transferring him over since he is already in K2. When he 1st started, Grace House didn't exist!
happy.gif

<font size="+2"><font color="0000ff">Anybody cook quite well in BB central?</font></font>

I'm tired of buying lunch or dinner as well as sick of the nearby choices so like to have a different eating option.

Wonder anybody like to provide me with 1 or 2 meals at reasonable cost? 1 Adult + 1 or 2 kids depend on which day. No MSG.

any preggie mum gg to facial, dunno can still go facial now?? cos I still got package unfinished.

<font color="#48CCCD">sandy</font>
I dun have any. why deleted, ai-yo....

<font color="#48CCCD">Lynn</font>
I dun have Sylvia's contact. wow, doc so gd, give her 20 days of mc. first time, I only get 15 days (including wkends) and the sec time I get 18 days. think some mummies in my thread also spotting/bleeding too. sian, dunno why.

<font color="#48CCCD">Serene</font>
I knew there's a YM...kingergarten opps the Me... condo. only 10 mins walking distance fr gombak mrt station.

Hi,

Just to share...

FREE samples giving out for Drypers DryPantz (Sizes M, L &amp; XL)at Jurong East Entertainment Centre from today till Sun 31 Aug 2008.

Hi afcai,

Congrats to u. So happy for u. Long time did not visit this thread liao. Me also trying very hard for 2nd baby but still...
sad.gif

By the way, I had enrolled my boy to PCF Nursery starting next Jan '09.

U take care.
happy.gif

<font color="#48CCCD">joo</font>
thks. cos have been postphone my facial appt twice liao. so will be gg next week liao....

<font color="#48CCCD">Mary</font>
gd leh....enrol yr boy to PCF.

thks for the wishes. hai...but this time, my preggie not smooth. I 'm so tired of the spotting liao only hope for the best loh. also my mum told me if no 2 arrive, need to engage maid but ppls and mil advise if can, dun engage maid cos they had bad experiences.maid can't be trust leh either maid run away or no gd etc.... so am also creating head.

of cos, after my preggie is stable first, We planned to tell my mum that we might choose to send my gar to ccc cos my mum will be looking after my no#2. but hor, also very 'fan' too cos my gar 's xiao dou dou startots class will be starting next Jan 09 - 1 full year unless she studied 2 terms only until end of May then switch to ccc. but hor, again, in yr 2010, I am thinking that shd I send her to N1 at PCF or let her continue her N1 up to K2 at ccc. if go ccc, how to go PCF? that's why now left me brain cracking? sian.....

all the best for baby shower to u.

afcai,
Think u better forgo your facial temporary as i vaguely recall preggie mum can't smell some kind of fragrances but i don't know what.

I also have facial package that i have dragged on for years. Even if your package has expiry date, think it's not worth it just to go for facial at expense of losing a baby. Sorry for being so lor-soh &amp; naggy, but u really should minimize your movements now at least until u pass 1st trimester, cos' I learnt it the hard way and trust me, nobody likes to go through D&amp;C procedures &amp; its aftermath.

So busy whole day no time to post
sad.gif

Mummies Sylvia deliver her BB gal Meredith yesterday afternoon of 3.4kg at Gleneagles

Congrats Sylvia

Sandy, now you know why le lah....voucher when expire?

Thanks Meow for the update ... same birthday as my 2nd son wor
happy.gif

(still feeling v drowsy but cannot sleep as there was so much drilling n hacking noises due to the lift upgrading)

Joo,
NP....me wanted to post to inform but too busy whole day...tomolo still gotta work
sad.gif
Eh i posted in the gain thread that Giant can get $2 off enfa product hor. You try to rest well at night lor, think by then the noise should stop. Last sat i stay over at Orchard hor the new shopping mall undergo construction mah...till 1030pm they still bang bang bang leh...worst right? Heng my kids finally slept at 130am

Hi Yany,

Thanks again for your sharing/feedback. U r rite, N1 should still enjoy and play or rather learn thru play.
happy.gif
My friend's son sleep very late about 11-12am so can't wake up early for the AM session, guess this is the reason why PM suitable for him. Today, 1 kind mummy PM me and share with some good views of Grace House. Really appreciate her help, she must have read my posting here. I'm more convinced now.
happy.gif

Well, i thought usually the bus fare includes holidays too, means we have to pay even it's holiday? I rem i have to pay for the school bus fare even on holiday when im in my pri sch days. Grace house is the same too right? Sch fees also include sch holidays!
sad.gif

afcai,
It's great to be preggy! Take good care of yourself and not worry too much about the arrangement for your gal though i understand it's hard not to think about it...... I experienced it too! sigh, my MIL not willing to look after my boy full time, since after my confinement, she and my mum had been taking turns, MIL take tue,wed &amp; thurs and my mum take every mon and fri. My MIL is the one insist my mum take turns with her! take about sending my boy for sch, she's not willing to pick him up every day so i gave up liao! don't want to consider nearby my house, what for??? anyway also no one go and pick him! So I've already decided to let him take sch bus.

Well thank god i have a maid, though we cannot depend on maid all the time! Then, at least she can be a great helper to an extend. Well, not all maids are so bad, so you really can consider employing one unless you really dislike a person staying with you! Last time, i cannot imagine one too then after my MIL decline looking after my boy alone, we no choice but to try a maid.... so far i'm quite lucky, she's with me for 2 yrs and i've renew another 2 yrs with her. She's quiet, pleasant, good attitude though of cos not 100% perfect....overall she's is more than good/satisfactory. I like her attitude which i think is very important of all.

Hi Meow...

Oh...I guess as much.....np..the voucher only epxire next year la...but cos she will b using it so wanted to pass to her...should get her number from u kekeke..

Anyway...say Congratualtions on behalf ya...

Afcai...dun think too much la...now you should rest well ma...

Hi Serene
I am staying at Goodview Gardens. My 2 kids are with CGM. My younger boy is in Nursery and elder gal is K2. My sis's elder gal is in K2 CGM but younger gal is with Grace House pre-nursery.

I would say CGM standard is pretty high and the teachers are very dedicated and strict. The fees are considered reasonable. Grace House charges $ 840 per term, CGM charges about $400-450 a term. Their bus fare is deemed cheap compared to other providers. We are the first to pick and last to drop, the bus fare beginning this yr was $60 a month. Think went up by $2 or so mid this yr. Grace house charges more than think $90 or so for bus fare when our sch is just 1 bus stop away (10 min walk). However the teachers are pretty good too. I would have choosen Grace House if based on distance but have ended up with CGM becoz of cost.

Hope this helps.

Sandy,

Yr girl using Huggies diapers??
Better to stock up more if u can find cheaper source. Prices escalating again ...
I even got my hubby to do self-collection at the East for huggies diapers when he go Changi on Sat.
May be ordering again and stock up abit more.

Morning Mummies..

Hi Joo...ya..both my kids are on Huggies now...really ah..got insider info huh kekeke...sigh...now house alot of things liao nei...

Hi Joo,
Poor you! We had lift upgrading done here and it was not fun at all. Kyra was born and we had to endure the noise for the longest time. I had to endure the hacking and drilling for my last semester of school. Good thing now all the major work done! Can't stand the noise and my poor DD and DS had terrible naptimes!

Congrats to Sylvia! Meredith is a beautiful name!

Afcai,
Remember... rest, rest, rest! I know staying at home is boring but I wonder if you can sit up and play mahjong... hmmm.....hehehehe.

Sandy: The pricing for huggies in all major supermkt hv increased leh... now, the mummies hv to even source for cheaper deals.

Yany: Oh mine ... my area of lift upgrading was expected to be completed by 3rd qtr of 2009.
My youngest boy can sleep even with the hacking and drilling. Really take my hat off him but its a good thing too. For my eldest boy, *shaking my head* ... he can't. I guess this takes after his mummy ... lol

<font color="#7E587E">sneezymom</font>
yeah, my facial package no expiry date. think I still withstand the smell except perfumes and hair jar only.

thks for the concern, u not naggy leh. yeah, sian. over the weekend, only walk 10 mins to coffeeshop and bakc 10 mins for breakfast, already have maroon color spotting liao. sometimes, the spotting is very dark brown and sometimes, when washed the below or pass out urine, there is some dark brown/maroon tissue. sian.....wish that spotting go away.....

yeah, already saw 2 D/C case during my stay in hospital last week.

<font color="#7E587E">Mary</font>
hai...the only thing I hope is my spotting will clear away. next fri, will be my wk 12 liao, hope it will be better.

<font color="#7E587E">Meow</font>
thks for the updates. wow...3.4kg wor.....normal delivery or c-sec??

<font color="#7E587E">Sylvia</font>
Congrats Sylvia! hm Meredith is an unique name.

<font color="#7E587E">yck</font>
re:eek:ranges. just take it moderately..dun take too much cos it will induce phlegm.

<font color="#7E587E">Joo</font>
my mum 's plc also life upgrading. poor gar of mine being a victim of mosquito.

<font color="#7E587E">Serene</font>
thks for sharing the experience. hmm...why not send yr child to ccc?

oic....yup, kind of werid to have another person to stay with u....even when u want to go out, u still need to bring the maid along leh...the problem is my mum 's hse is a bit small and dun even have a rm for maid to stay,if maid came, she will need to slp in the living rm.

<font color="#7E587E">Sandy</font>
thks. try not to think so much esp u...:p:p:p

<font color="#7E587E">Yany</font>
yeah, now only eat, slp, watch tv and go online loh. only once go my mum'plc to visit my gar.

Oh yes... I totally forgot about the mosquitos during the upgrading! During the major works, the use the space just next to our balcony as storage for all their stuff. Our place was one of the dengue hot spots! Had the NEA checking every 2 weeks at our home!
Besides the noise, have to put up with mosquitos. Worse of all, these people work bit by bit. Hack here... then stop and go somewhere else. Then come back and hack somewhere close by again..... so sian. Luckily, ours is at the tail end of the upgrading! Have to tahan for more than a year!

Afcai,
use tea tree oil for young children for the mozzie bite. Seems to ease the red spots and disapprear fast.
Oh... this is the best time to catch up on reading. If I have that kind of spare time, I would load myself up with books and DVDs... and have the time of my life!!! heeheehee
Ahh... the peace and quiet..... I don't know what that means anymore!

Dun worry, afcai. You will be fine. You must think positively.

As for me, I have to think positively too even though I might not be able to conceive due to my weak body. However, I am still trying very hard.
happy.gif

afcai,
I've a maid thus no reason sending my boy to a childcare then wouldn't the maid be very free at home whole day? Moreover, I also didn't like the idea of my boy in CC whole day unless no choice.

littletotscloset,
Your nick sounded very familiar! Are you in babies apparels buz? If yes, then I must have met you b4 at your BB house last time?
Thank you for your valueable feedback. True enough, the bus fare at CGM is so cheap and the fees also alot cheaper than Grace House. I really don't know why the bus service of Grace House is so ex??? However I really like the environment of Grace House compared to CGM. Honestly, I think CGM looked abit dark inside and I have doubt with the flight of stairs... I cannot trust my boy up and down the stairs though nursery class on 1st floor, only K1 &amp; K2 on 2nd floor but u know how playful boys are??? I have this worry maybe becos my boy fell a few times and the last one was the worst that he had stitches on the forehead!!!
sad.gif

Joo,

My boy is also using Huggies. You have good lobang? Currently I'm paying $15/pck for XL size which i thought is the cheapest that i can find?

Hi Serene,

I hv to do self collection from the lady now at Tampines who used to do delivery.
Her contact can be found in the other huggies thread.
Nowadays, i think she do delivery only to East side mommies. Last Sat, my hb was in Changi, so asked him to carry several back.
But i am very sure she don't hv Huggies dry, sz L now. I bought only huggies dry and huggies dry comfort from her since both my 2 boys are using it. I am thinking if I shld stock up more since my sis going to East side this weekend; and also provided that she hv more incoming stock by then.

Joo,

How much you pay per packet? U bought L size?
I forgot the name of the one i bought is the red packet, that's huggies dry?

Back