Mummies in Pasir Ris

mom2nat,
i suggested the list thingie liao...
hmm... how can we do it ah?
i'm bad with the functions in forum - anyone has any suggestion?
happy.gif

forgot to ask - anyone has a mt e hospital bill to share? i wanna know roughly the total cost + breakdown...
anything i need to take note?
happy.gif

mom2nat
u stay whr? how come ur plc ppl so inconsiderate one?

re: fruits
maybe i shld try to start my 11 month gal w other fruits... she picky eater... onli like orange n apple

Thank Sincerity and charmaine.

Pinkie
I oso dunno how to use the functions leh.
Gynae say wait lor...
Where r you delivering? Now you always at home no work ah?

Sheris
I live at Dr 4, behind the police station. Aiya, there are weird neighbours ard here.
Orange not so suitable for young children leh, can get phelgm easily. I din start my girl with fruits, I started her with veg. now she snacks on cucumber, celery, broccoli... So vegan hor. YOu can try banana, pear, peach. Dun take too much citrus fruits.

I started off a simple one... feel free to request for more info on the list
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Mommy</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Baby#</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Address</TD><TD>Baby's Name </TD></TR><TR><TD>p1nk1e</TD><TD>22 Feb 08</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>BOY</TD><TD>Dr Kowa</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Drive 4</TD><TD>(not decided)</td></tr></table>

mom2nat,
hehe... i figured out how to make a list
happy.gif

you wan to add in your details?
happy.gif

nowadays i go in office, work at home veri mah fan lor...

<table border=1><tr><td> Nick </TD><TD>Location </TD><TD>ftwm/sahm</TD><TD>Kids</TD><TD>Age </TD></TR><TR><TD>gerrykhoo/ darile</TD><TD>st 12</TD><TD>ftwm</TD><TD>b/g twin</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>juxta</TD><TD>dr 1</TD><TD>sahm</TD><TD>boy </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>rach </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>boy, #2 ? </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>pii pii</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>gal , boi</TD><TD>4yr , 8m </TD></TR><TR><TD>taitai</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>boi,?</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>xWpInGxW/zion</TD><TD>st 11</TD><TD></TD><TD>boi </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mom of 2 angels</TD><TD>dr 6</TD><TD>ftwm</TD><TD>boi,gal</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bcmummy</TD><TD>st 11</TD><TD></TD><TD>boi,boi</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sincerity</TD><TD>st11</TD><TD></TD><TD>?, gal/gal twin</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>magd</TD><TD>st 21</TD><TD>ftwm </TD><TD>boi,gal,boi</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>muaw muaw</TD><TD>dr 1 </TD><TD>ftwm</TD><TD>gal </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lbs</TD><TD>st 11</TD><TD>ftwm</TD><TD>boi,gal</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>charmaine</TD><TD>dr 3 </TD><TD>sahm</TD><TD>gal</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mashimaru08</TD><TD>dr 3 </TD><TD></TD><TD>boi</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>p1nk1e</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>boi</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mom2nat</TD><TD>dr 4</TD><TD></TD><TD>gal,boi</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>elitemom</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>wishes</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>gal</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mbb2</TD><TD>dr 4 </TD><TD>partial sahm</TD><TD>gal</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>fluffy</TD><TD>st 72</TD><TD></TD><TD>gal</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>rach </TD><TD>pie pr?</TD><TD>sahm</TD><TD>boi,?</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>yami</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>didi</TD><TD>Flora Road</TD><TD>sahm</TD><TD>b/b twins</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>gal</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>gal</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>emoments</TD><TD>near west plaza</TD><TD></TD><TD>boi,boi</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sheris</TD><TD>elias road</TD><TD>ftwm</TD><TD>boi,gal,boi,gal </TD><TD>k2,k1, 30m, 11m </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

opps sorrie pinkie din realise u posted a table liao

mummies please either post the missing details or pm me to update the table
happy.gif

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick </TD><TD>Location </TD><TD>ftwm/sahm</TD><TD>Kids</TD><TD>Age as at jan 08 </TD></TR><TR><TD>gerrykhoo/ darile</TD><TD>st 12</TD><TD>ftwm</TD><TD>b/g twin</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>juxta</TD><TD>dr 1</TD><TD>sahm</TD><TD>boy </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>rach </TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>boy, #2 ? </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>pii pii</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>gal , boi</TD><TD>4yr , 8m </TD></TR><TR><TD>taitai</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>boi,?</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>xWpInGxW/zion</TD><TD>st 11</TD><TD></TD><TD>boi </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mom of 2 angels</TD><TD>dr 6</TD><TD>ftwm</TD><TD>boi,gal</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>bcmummy</TD><TD>st 11</TD><TD></TD><TD>boi,boi</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sincerity</TD><TD>st11</TD><TD></TD><TD>?, gal/gal twin</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>magd</TD><TD>st 21</TD><TD>ftwm </TD><TD>boi,gal,boi</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>muaw muaw</TD><TD>dr 1 </TD><TD>ftwm</TD><TD>gal </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lbs</TD><TD>st 11</TD><TD>ftwm</TD><TD>boi,gal</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>charmaine</TD><TD>dr 3 </TD><TD>sahm</TD><TD>gal</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mashimaru08</TD><TD>dr 3 </TD><TD></TD><TD>boi</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>p1nk1e</TD><TD>dr 4</TD><TD>ftwm</TD><TD>boi</TD><TD>edd 22 feb 08 </TD></TR><TR><TD>mom2nat</TD><TD>dr 4</TD><TD></TD><TD>gal,boi</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>elitemom</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>wishes</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>gal</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mbb2</TD><TD>dr 4 </TD><TD>partial sahm</TD><TD>gal</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>fluffy</TD><TD>st 72</TD><TD></TD><TD>gal</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>rach </TD><TD>pie pr?</TD><TD>sahm</TD><TD>boi,?</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>yami</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>didi</TD><TD>Flora Road</TD><TD>sahm</TD><TD>b/b twins</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>gal</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>gal</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>emoments</TD><TD>near west plaza</TD><TD></TD><TD>boi,boi</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>sheris</TD><TD>elias road</TD><TD>ftwm</TD><TD>boi,gal,boi,gal </TD><TD>k2,k1, 30m, 11m </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

sheris,
oh yeah! no wonder... hahahaha!
my hb likes more children, pref 3 but i dunno if i can tahan.
how do you manage? you stay with your MIL or have maid etc.?
happy.gif

pinkie
me no maid n stay alone... mum helping ma take care of the younger 2... everyday fetch to her plc.... then older 2 in full day childcare

hmm... i really can't imagine how i can manage - plus you are ftwm!
muz be "madhouse" on weekends for you :p

sheris, thks for coming up with the list! now is so easy at one glance! my PD told me not to feed citrus fruits until he's much much older, can cause a lot of phlegm. He has such reaction to grapes and bananas also. You decided on the chinese enrichment?

Charmaine, glad to hear that your gal is recovering.

I've been toying with the idea of driving lessons too. Got my basic and my advanced expired. See how long i've been procrastinating. Like sincerity says, where to have time with kids ard and i've only got 1.

My boy is overdue by 1 week. When he came out all wrinkly and flaking skin. PD says he soaked in the water for too long.

pinkie
hehe mad house nt actually mummy too fierce liao all see weather change will know how to take cover......

juxta
think i stick to the chinese enrichment in the childcare first... coz timming very bad.... n $$ factor.... dun wan to hv too heavy a financial load on ourselves yet.....

re: license muz get
ferry the kiddo to classes after classes n sch next time if no car can die ugly ugly......like me lah.... everyday on the road drive like crazy.... rush here n there.....

re: bb overdue
all mine like to on the dot or early leh.... think they dun like mummy to poke them when they inside the tummy hehe... my mum always scold me when i used to poke my tummy n shake sideways to 'rock' the bb inside hahahaahah

Pinkie
Mine is #2, boy. Dr Paul Tseng, TMC. EDD 12th Jan

juxta
My girl was almost 1 week late, but hor, she came out v nice and smooth leh. Is your boy big or small at birth?

Sheris
Oh yes, oso avoid strawberries, cos strawberries, peanuts, chocolates are highly allergic food.

License
Talk abt this. Last night my hb went cycling, then the pedal was loose. End up call me to bring a spanner for him at 1130pm at night!!! Luckily I can drive, or else he can walk home with his bicycle liao! Hahaha...

mom2nat,
haha - walking home pushing his bike is quite comical :p
btw, your tummy so big still can drive mah??

huh mom2nat, i'm giving my terrors strawberries but in bb jar food - with yogurt, heinz brand. not too bad lah right? ;-p my gal had eczema when she was abt 3mo so i hv only avoided mango and chicken since. what other foods not to give her? i know peanuts/eggs/choc/honey definitely no no since not 1yo yet

sheris,
many thnx for the list. woah u so IT savvy leh. me have no clue how to do it. I really salute u for being a mum of 4, wonder how u manage.
happy.gif

darlie,
I didn't know that have to avoid mango &amp; chicken for eczema problem. For other normal allergies, my gal's PD mentioned wat u mentioned above, even egg yolk was oso told to give after 1yo, jus to play safe.

oh yeah, speaking of tian ji, my gal's PD oso said better to wait aft 1yo. dried scallop oso. i guess nowadays the allergies so common so thats y hv to wait lah. anyway only 2 more months for my gal til she turns one. so 'man man deng' lor.
happy.gif

also, the scary thing is that the allergic reaction may not show up now but later in life. like my cousin is allergic to seafood except fish. but last time when she was a bb no reaction when her mum fed her porridge with dried scallop.

yo mummies!
busy busy busy with worksuper sian..next week kana be single parent as hb on biz trip..lagi sian..
sad.gif

wah Mom2Nat
you still 'arnd'? Ur EDD 12 Jan wor

Thks sheriss for the table...I don't know how to fill up the table leh..missing details for me; boi - 35 months (next feb 3 years liao), gal 4 months plus

darlie
If your child has eczema, it might lead to other allergies, one worse case is asthma. My girl oso has eczema, then got sinus now, everyday on medication or else sneeze and sneeze. And get prolonged cough, which the PD say might lead to asthma if uncontrolled. So if really controlling diet helps, better safe then sorry later.

Pinkie
Ah yes can drive, but ah, I have braxton hicks while I was driving, then oso LL "dong" until reach home.

lbs
Yah lor, bb wanna stay inside leh. Maybe he knows gyane on leave until tonight, so he wait until he returns.. Hee...

oh no.... we've fed them tian ji porridge a couple times already. went to the library earlier to borrow recipe books for babies, will see if they are receptive to the 'ang mo' tastes!

zion,
hmm.. how does that feel like?
i do feel crampish down there and always start to think if bb's coming...

pinkie,
think not crampish bah... cos i do feel crampish oso dat time... esp abt 1mth b4 EDD... read frm somewhere saying it feels like the real contractions except dat it is milder... but i dun really experience the braxton hicks cos i din feel any contractions till i was induced... but i guess having braxton hicks while driving is not very easy... so i think mom2nat is very gd at tolerating...

zion,
ic!
i feel crampish there and i'm abt 1 mth away from EDD so prob same as what you described bah...
braxton hicks... sounds painful...

erm...anyone knows how to kinda add this thread to my favorites or sthg?
everything i login, i have to look for the thread...

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick </TD><TD>Location </TD><TD>ftwm/sahm</TD><TD>Kids</TD><TD>Age </TD></TR><TR><TD>gerrykhoo/ darile</TD><TD>st 12</TD><TD>ftwm</TD><TD>b/g twin</TD><TD>8m,8m </TD></TR><TR><TD>juxta</TD><TD>dr 1</TD><TD>sahm</TD><TD>boy </TD><TD>3yr </TD></TR><TR><TD>lbs</TD><TD>st 11</TD><TD>ftwm</TD><TD>boi,gal</TD><TD>3yr, 4m </TD></TR><TR><TD>mom2nat</TD><TD>dr 4</TD><TD></TD><TD>gal,boi</TD><TD>edd 12 jan 08 </TD></TR><TR><TD>p1nk1e</TD><TD>dr 4</TD><TD>ftwm</TD><TD>boi</TD><TD>edd 22 feb 08 </TD></TR><TR><TD>pii pii</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>gal , boi</TD><TD>4yr,8m </TD></TR><TR><TD>sheris</TD><TD>elias road</TD><TD>ftwm</TD><TD>boi,gal,boi,gal </TD><TD>k2,k1, 30m, 11m </TD></TR><TR><TD>sincerity</TD><TD>st11</TD><TD></TD><TD>?, gal/gal twin</TD><TD>6yr, 3yr,3yr </TD></TR><TR><TD>xWpInGxW/zion</TD><TD>st 11</TD><TD>ftwm</TD><TD>boi </TD><TD>13m </TD></TR><TR><TD>yami</TD><TD>st 72</TD><TD>ftwm</TD><TD>gal </TD><TD>2m </TD></TR><TR><TD>bcmummy</TD><TD>st 11</TD><TD></TD><TD>boi,boi</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>charmaine</TD><TD>dr 3 </TD><TD>sahm</TD><TD>gal</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>didi</TD><TD>Flora Road</TD><TD>sahm</TD><TD>b/b twins</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>elitemom</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>emoments</TD><TD>near west plaza</TD><TD></TD><TD>boi,boi</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>fluffy</TD><TD>st 72</TD><TD></TD><TD>gal</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>gal</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>gal</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>magd</TD><TD>st 21</TD><TD>ftwm </TD><TD>boi,gal,boi</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mashimaru08</TD><TD>dr 3 </TD><TD></TD><TD>boi</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mbb2</TD><TD>dr 4 </TD><TD>partial sahm</TD><TD>gal</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mom of 2 angels</TD><TD>dr 6</TD><TD>ftwm</TD><TD>boi,gal</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>muaw muaw</TD><TD>dr 1 </TD><TD>ftwm</TD><TD>gal </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>rach </TD><TD>pie pr?</TD><TD>sahm</TD><TD>boi,?</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>taitai</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>boi,?</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>wishes</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>gal</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Sheris,
Thanks for the table
happy.gif
ok, my twins are 11 mths.
Hey, you are something
happy.gif
mother of 4, *envy*

hi pinkie, i think gynae will ask u to induce no more than 7-10 days overdue. I starting having contractions then induce, whole process took me 40+ hrs, see how my stubborn boy made me suffered!!! My gyane till this day stil remembers that i'm the one that made him and the whole labour ward standby during xmas period cos me the only one in labour haha.

mom2nat, my boy about 3.4kg. initally when bathing him, can see the skin floating in the water.

My boy has eczema too, sinus, and a terrible cough that develops alot of phlegm. Eczema is normally due to respiratory and asthma conditions. He's got a 60% chance of it cos I'm asthmatic and I've always got sensitive skin and eczema.

juxta,
oh no, me also eczema and sinus since young although now ok liao...
so chances of my boy kena also high ... argh

juz back from gynae's - gynae said my bb's head is engaged... means won't move/turn liao hor?

pinkie,
does not mean dat lah... bb will still move ard mah... engage means bb move into ur pelvic area liao... meaning anytime u will be in labour... no guarantee bb head will be down at time of labour...

pinkie,
everything will be very uncertain esp for 1st time mothers... dats was wat i learnt from my delivery... everything was fine throughout my preggie days... i was expecting the contractions and had mentally prepared for it until 5 days b4 my EDD my waterbag broke in the middle of the night... until then i did not have any contractions... even till i reach the hospital... then i had to be induced and was subjected to induced contractions for more than 24hrs... then had an emergency c-section... so the moral of the story is do not think so much... i did so much mental preparation but in end things dun happen as wat i expect... juz relax and enjoy while u can... hee... i kinds miss my preggie days... hee...

Hi ladies,
Brought my gal to PD this morning and she's recovering, no signs of bronchiolitis. phew!

pinkie,
i agree with zion. jus dun think so much &amp; let nature take it's course. for me i was hvg contractions for 2days. i remember i went to my gynae on a sat for my usual check up and thot that after the chk up can go home as always, to wait for waterbag to burst naturally. Who knows he told me that i was 2cm dilated so he burst my waterbag &amp; told me &amp; hb to go to hosp immediately. luckily i had nasi lemak for brkfast (cos the whole afternoon during labour i had nothing to eat) otherwise i wudnt hv enof strength to push, haha. entire labour took me 5hrs and my gal was out. everythg happened so fast that when the nurse put my gal in my arms i still cudnt believe that i gave birth + i was so hi on the laughing gas that everythg seemed so blur to me.

btw, any mums here was induced w/o hvg contractions and had difficult time during labour? cos a fren of mine believes that induciing w/o hvg contractions made her feel sooo tired altho her labour was only 2hrs. a mutual fren gave birth naturally w/o inducing &amp; she felt fine, not so tired after birth.

zion &amp; charmaine,
tks for the advice... i'll try not to think so much >_<

erm... charmaine - you didn't have epidural??
your labor quite fast... 5hrs!

u're welcome pinkie. yeah me didnt take epidural cos i very scared of needles and i heard that the epi needle is long &amp; thick &amp; that it stays inside your spine or soemthg. anyway it sounded so scary to me so i told myself i'd rather tahan the labour pain than kena poke by the needle. furthermore some ppl told me that epi causes backache in the long run. furthermore i oso wanted to know wat it felt like to go w/o epi.

i mean that the needle stays inside the spine during labour. any mum went thru with epi, can share wat its like?

Back